• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally my stance on stages and characters cameo is that for the first wave of dlc, they're out of the question because I assume the dlc were already decided when they were developping the games so they wouldn't work on a stage cameo for something that would be dlc later. But if there's more dlc later, they could change their mind and use them (similar to Smash Ultimate who's first wave of dlc only had original stuff, and in the second wave they used Min Min and Pyra/Mythra who were spirits because those were not planned to be playable when they made the game).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah they look really fun. Pretty cool to have an assist based character like this in a platform fighter, and visually they look great too.

Speaking of which, I like how they just straight up gave them two of the most infamous assists in fighting games lmao.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I see Doom's hidden missile from MVC. These guys are gonna dominate for sure /s

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah they look really fun. Pretty cool to have an assist based character like this in a platform fighter, and visually they look great too.

Speaking of which, I like how they just straight up gave them two of the most infamous assists in fighting games lmao.

I'm quitting the second I see Daggett pull out the old FOOT DIVE

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, Norb & Dag look pretty fun! I like there are (apparently) differences between the two (Dag's faster and more combo-focused, while Norb's more range and power-focused), and I like how the switching mechanic was implemented, particularly how you can swap during their respective Neutral and Side Specials and not just with their Down Special; that'll be fun to play around with. Also, I'll definitely have to play around with their other moves considering the showcase was kind of swallowed up by their Specials.

One thing I'll say is that it does feel a tad odd that the two only have one Special Move completely unique to them that involves that Beaver doing something, namely the Up Special; both the Neutral and Side Specials involve summoning the other Beaver for a unique attack, and the Down is what I'm guessing is the move that does the swap, so that just leaves the Up Special as the only one that Dag and Norb have to themselves without involving the other. It's not a huge deal, just an odd observation.

Also, this is something I've kind of been wondering since Norb & Dag's reveal, and this didn't really help much, but in-game, are they going to be referred to as Norb & Dag (or some variant) by the announcer? Or are they going to be referred to collectively as "Angry Beavers"? I wonder because both the reveal and showcase titles have collectively referred to them as such, and that would be kind of weird if they did.

Also also, I wonder if there'll be a similar thing to Smash where you can choose which Beaver you want to start with on the character selection screen.

All in all, though, the Beavers look like they'll be fun to play around with, particularly the plays with the swapping mechanic, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of their respective movesets look like!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think the reason they got the GameXplain guy to do the Beavers showcase is because the GameXplain Plankton video, which I believe was the same guy, is the most viewed NASB 2 video on YouTube at 1.1M views

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would have liked to see more of their regular moves. I still don't know what norbert's range is, they mostly talked about the specials being different, and clearly a lot of aerials are the same besides f-air but what about the rest?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I would have liked to see more of their regular moves. I still don't know what norbert's range is, they mostly talked about the specials being different, and clearly a lot of aerials are the same besides f-air but what about the rest?
Yeah, that's one criticism I had of the showcase itself; I felt like they maybe focused a little too much on the Beavers' Specials without showing off a lot of their normal moves, which would've helped sell the idea that Dag is more combo-based while Norb is more range-based.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's one criticism I had of the showcase itself; I felt like they maybe focused a little too much on the Beavers' Specials without showing off a lot of their normal moves, which would've helped sell the idea that Dag is more combo-based while Norb is more range-based.
I can see how Norb has a bit more range on some moves but it really isn't big, so I don't think range is a selling point for him, considering dag has two ranged specials :p (even if norb performs them)

But besides wanting to see more, All in all, I like them more than I thought becuase of everything they can do and their movement. I think they'll make it into my main team :D

LimeTH

Smash Lord

beavers spotlight up

They do look pretty nuts.

I like that they did more or less what I was expecting, Dag being a rushdown character while Norb is more of a zoner. Their Hawaiian shirt alts are hilarious, and while there are some "generic beaver ****" moves, it's apparently only two, both are assists, they're fitting enough for Dag as a character, and the rest appears to be actual references to the show, so whatever, all good!
Showing them fighting each other at the beginning was great (the sissy slap fight got a good laugh out of me) and the "playing as either beaver solo is a viable option" line had me feel seen.

That said, ehhh, I'm not crazy about them each only having one special to themselves, which is something I was worried about to begin with. The showcase really only focused on the assist moves so I still don't have much idea how each one actually plays on their beyond that. I wanted to see more of the light and strong moves and we basically just got "Norb's golfclub" as a token mention. Always a catch, I guess.

I see Doom's hidden missile from MVC. These guys are gonna dominate for sure /s
BEAVERS SWEEP AT EVO BABY.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not crazy about them each only having one special to themselves, which is something I was worried about to begin with.
I consider the specials to still be theirs. Just because the other beaver is the one that shows .. they're great moves that have range,. Plus if someone plays both then it's like ying yang, you have a splodge of one in the other :p. but I guess you did say you felt seen for wanting to solo one of them.

I guess even if someone wants to use the switch mechanic to recover, you can switch back after, so technically I do think someone could do ok soloing.

But yeah I guess there's more we need to see on them, I still don't see norb as having that much or enough range to be a zoner.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I consider the specials to still be theirs. Just because the other beaver is the one that shows .. they're great moves that have range,. Plus if someone plays both then it's like ying yang, you have a splodge of one in the other :p. but I guess you did say you felt seen for wanting to solo one of them.

I guess even if someone wants to use the switch mechanic to recover, you can switch back after, so technically I do think someone could do ok soloing.

But yeah I guess there's more we need to see on them, I still don't see norb as having that much or enough range to be a zoner.
I mean, I get it, it justifies them being a duo, if there weren't the assist moves then yeah, they might as well have just been separate.

But like.... yeah why not? lol

Nah, I'm glad there's at least a reason, as opposed to Ren and Stimpy who still sorta, to me at least, mostly feel like just Stimpy with Ren included sometimes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I gotta give them credit, even if I don't like some of the characters they picked the move set creativity this time around is impressive. I'm interested in playing like half the cast haha.

The Beavers definitely got some extra care, and I'm glad to see that for their fans.

In regards to the costumes... Ember's pirate alt is totally the one you gotta pay extra for isn't it

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my GOD the Beavers look awesome. They really are CatDog done right. I'm loving what I'm seeing of the assist moves, and the fact that you can tag into the other Beaver while they're on the field is so cool. I don't even care if their recovery's ass since you can literally throw one Beaver offstage, then teleport to the other one if he's standing there. I'm already theorycrafting combos for these guys - Norb Side Special -> Tag Out -> Dag Side Special -> Dag Aerial Fstrong might be broken at the ledge, and that's WITHOUT using Slime. Can't wait to see if it works!
**** me, I legitimately wanna play everyone in this game. This might be the first time I cop out and main Random.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't even care if their recovery's ass since you can literally throw one Beaver offstage, then teleport to the other one if he's standing there.
The beavers would be a stance fighter, but instead of summoning out, the inactive beaver would remain on stage, meaning that the player functionally teleports to where the other beaver was left and creates a new teleport for the next stance change.
Well, there's our answer if that was happening with the Beavers or with ZIM and GIR.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wow, Gerald looks nuts. Definitely wasn't expecting him to be a zoner, but it seems like he's got a ton of options to play around with. The skateboard move looks like it'll be pretty fun.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know what, Gerald's actually looking more interesting than I initially thought. I like that he has four different objects through his Down Special that each have different properties (particularly the Wacko Watches, which seem like Pac-Man's Key with the limited use mechanic of Banjo & Kazooie's Wonderwing), and his skateboard looks like it'll be a good tool to get around the stage quickly as well as set up certain combos. And I think the Ghost Bride animation has improved since the reveal trailer.

Overall, Gerald's looking pretty good; again, like with the Beavers, I wish they put at least a little spotlight on some of his standard moves instead of focus exclusively on the Specials, but from what I've seen, my interest has been piqued.

Am I seeing things or did he pull a piano out for an attack?
I didn't see anything like that, and as far as I could tell, he wasn't shown fighting Grandma Gertie at any point, so I don't know what gave you that impression.

Top Bottom