• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
they made her so effectively hateable. wouldn’t say there’s anything wrong with her outside all the horrible stuff she does. she’s a very good villain I just don’t like her
This is my stance on her as well. She's such a good villain that I genuinely hate her lol.
I can still recognize that she's very well written (the fact I have such strong feelings against her is proof of that) and she's cool in her own right with the blue fire and lightning bending and all. I'd say she's a natural pick for a crossover fighter. Plus, I get to beat her up as Spongebob; It's child me's dream come true!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hut? Wouldn't be the first crossover to do that licensing deal.

and that one had some really stupid cuts in the second game lmao. if you think nasb 2 cuts are bad, you should see sonic racing transformed's cuts. they removed almost every remotely interesting or fun character

in all seriousness though, you are very correct.
That brings up some happy memories, I really like both of those games. The first game has an infinitely better roster, the second has better tracks.

Also, I have a feeling in the next month that there won't just be character showcases but also ones for showing off the modes and all that, since that iwll bring more hype for the game before it releases
This would be cool AND would be great for advertising, I hope you're correct.

Well, to move away from the cuts, since every character's been revealed now, so out of the eight remaining showcases, which ones are you guys looking forward to the most?

Personally, I want to see Zim, Jenny, and Norb & Dag.
You mean nine?

Can I cheat and say all of them?

But I guess if I were to go pick half of them, Azula, the Beavers, Lucy, and Reptar.

I do wanna know what's up with Zim and Korra since we haven't seen much of either of them. Gerald I think got a lot of his cool stuff shown off though I wanna know more about this inventory system. Jenny looks pretty similar to her original game self, as does Rocko.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At this point I'm mostly excited for Beavers showcase, but I'm also curious to see Zim and Lucy.

Favorite newcomer? Ember and Squidward, but Beavers could easily be up there too.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The first game has an infinitely better roster
Both games have Ai Ai, Beat and BD Joe so Transformed isn't a downgrade for me. Plus it does have the Hornet car...as the land form for AGES.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
the second game added some cool picks like Vyce, Ninja Joe and Gillius but losing the likes of the ChuChus, the Bonaza Bros, the zombies, Akira and Jacky, and Opa to instead get secondary reps and guests was pretty wack

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I played it on a console so most of the guests weren't there. And even then, they still had the Miis contribute to the Sega crossover by having them drive Ferrari Testarossas because of Outrun.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Both games have Ai Ai, Beat and BD Joe so Transformed isn't a downgrade for me. Plus it does have the Hornet car...as the land form for AGES.
I mean yeah but we also lost Jacky driving the OutRun car, Billy Hatcher, the ChuChus, etc.

the second game added some cool picks like Vyce, Ninja Joe and Gillius but losing the likes of the ChuChus, the Bonaza Bros, the zombies, Akira and Jacky, and Opa to instead get secondary reps and guests was pretty wack
I played it mostly on console but I do have the PC version as well and they went way overboard with guests. Ralph I'm kinda okay with since Sonic had a role in his movie about games but real life NASCAR driver Danica Patrick and the freaking Yogscast (even if it was a charity thing...) just irk me. Football Manager and Shogun at least have relationships with Sega but they are still downgrades from more colorful and fun characters

And then there's the TF2 crew. I love TF2 but they really didn't have any reason to be there, and they couldn't even bother to get their actual VAs.

Then there was stuff like Pudding, Gum, and MeeMee, which are fine and all but not at the cost of other series like Bonanza Bros. And House of the Dead characters, or even more new series like Yakuza, Sakura Wars, Puyo Puyo, or even stuff like Altered Beast or Streets of Rage. Idk I just feel like doubling up on non Sonic series wasn't necessary.

Also I think they shouldve done Blaze or Rouge rather than Metal Sonic

LimeTH

Smash Lord
they couldn't even bother to get their actual VAs.
I heard somewhere those were the real VAs but the recordings got messed up somehow and made them sound totally off. Dunno how true that is but I heard it around a lot back in the day,

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I heard somewhere those were the real VAs but the recordings got messed up somehow and made them sound totally off. Dunno how true that is but I heard it around a lot back in the day,
Well I know for Pudding they lifted voice clips straight from Space Channel 5...of Ulala saying "Pudding".

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
The spotlight I'm looking forward to the most now is Lucy, I though she was surprisingly fun in the first game and I'm curious to see what they do with her.

For newcomers, I think Squidward looks the most fun, but I'm also interested in how the Beavers play. Gertie looks like she'll be a fun character for goofing around.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's interesting. I suppose it would make sense.

Still weird they were included at all haha. But honestly they're still better than the Company of Heroes dude even if not owned by SEGA. I still would've traded the two Total War reps, Danica, TF2, CoH dude, Football Manager, and Yogscast for more interesting SEGA characters. Ralph can stay he's the least offensive

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Still weird they were included at all haha. But honestly they're still better than the Company of Heroes dude even if not owned by SEGA. I still would've traded the two Total War reps, Danica, TF2, CoH dude, Football Manager, and Yogscast for more interesting SEGA characters. Ralph can stay he's the least offensive
The TF2 characters make the most sense to me as PC exclusive guest characters. The rest of the roster, yyyyeah ASR1’s is better.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

If anything I think Football manager was pretty funny, kind of like Wii fit trainer in Smash.

So back to Nasb discussion, how do you think dlc will be announced? Before or after launch? All announced at once like Mortal kombat 1 and first Nasb or one at a time like Smash bros?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I wonder if one of Azula's alternate costumes will be here disguised as a Kyoshi Warrior, that'd be cool. Other than that I can't think of too many potential alts off the top of my head. It'd be funny if the actress Azula from the Ember Island players was one of them.

They could do here with her crazy hair from the finale though I don't know if it's visually distinct enough to be an alt for fast-paced gameplay. That really bugged me about Korra's alt in NASB1 and the Santa hats for R&S.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I wonder if one of Azula's alternate costumes will be here disguised as a Kyoshi Warrior, that'd be cool. Other than that I can't think of too many potential alts off the top of my head. It'd be funny if the actress Azula from the Ember Island players was one of them.

They could do here with her crazy hair from the finale though I don't know if it's visually distinct enough to be an alt for fast-paced gameplay. That really bugged me about Korra's alt in NASB1 and the Santa hats for R&S.
Azula has plenty

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Spoiler xD

I wonder if the characters just have 3 costumes each for the final base game? Unless some have more, but we saw 3 each.
Azula did have the green outfit, and 2 different fire nation ones. Korra had her regular look as well as shorter hair from later in the series, as well as the pro-bending outfit.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Spoiler xD

I wonder if the characters just have 3 costumes each for the final base game? Unless some have more, but we saw 3 each.
Azula did have the green outfit, and 2 different fire nation ones. Korra had her regular look as well as shorter hair from later in the series, as well as the pro-bending outfit.
I believe TKBreezy didn't have access to the 4th deluxe edition skins, since I saw a few situations where he cycled through alts and it started back at the default after the 3rd - I remember regular Jenny, flame Jenny, rusted Jenny, repeat. I don't know if the VOD is still on YouTube.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I believe TKBreezy didn't have access to the 4th deluxe edition skins, since I saw a few situations where he cycled through alts and it started back at the default after the 3rd - I remember regular Jenny, flame Jenny, rusted Jenny, repeat. I don't know if the VOD is still on YouTube.
the 'deluxe' costume is the dlc one then right?

If you want to see the leaked video again:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
the 'deluxe' costume is the dlc one then right?

If you want to see the leaked video again:
Yeah. In the regular edition characters only have three costumes, including the default. The fourth is exclusive to the much more expensive Ultimate Edition.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll just look at the prices for things and likely only get a few costumes, unless the deluxe edition seems worth it. I doubt I'd go for it though.
I do wonder what the extra costumes are though

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I'll just look at the prices for things and likely only get a few costumes, unless the deluxe edition seems worth it. I doubt I'd go for it though.
I do wonder what the extra costumes are though
forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can buy them individually?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Doesn't the season pass come included with the Digital Deluxe or am I thinking of something else?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why not? they'll lose money if they don't. Cuz no way I'm paying 25$ for the season pass
I mean...tons of games don't have the option to buy things piecemeal anymore. It sucks, but it's also far from rare.

Basically all or none.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean...tons of games don't have the option to buy things piecemeal anymore. It sucks, but it's also far from rare.

Basically all or none.
I think it would be pretty crappy for a move.
Anyway, I'm sure the fighters will be buyable individually, so I don't see why not the costumes too

Yes, but the additional skins are only in the Ultimate edition. The season pass only come with 1 Spongebob skin.
Actually if you look at the season pass page it says costumes are included

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Actually if you look at the season pass page it says costumes are included
I'm pretty sure the wording there implies the costumes are for the four DLC fighters (whoever those end up being).

I'd love to be wrong, though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The season pass comes with 4 costumes per new character

The deluxe edition comes with the season pass

The ultimate edition comes with the season pass and one extra costume for each base game fighter

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure the wording there implies the costumes are for the four DLC fighters (whoever those end up being).

I'd love to be wrong, though.
" 4 Characters + Costumes released throughout 2024 "

Now my first impression was that all costumes released at that time, but Im realizing hold on it says 2024. so if the extra costumes come out before then, then that means yeah they're not even in the pass xD. Are the extra costumes supposed to be there at release?

Here's the real issue though, giving extra costumes only if someone got the ultimate edition doesn't quite make sense, there has to be a way to get them if someone who bought the regular edition wants them after.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
" 4 Characters + Costumes released throughout 2024 "

Now my first impression was that all costumes released at that time, but Im realizing hold on it says 2024. so if the extra costumes come out before then, then that means yeah they're not even in the pass xD. Are the extra costumes supposed to be there at release?

Here's the real issue though, giving extra costumes only if someone got the ultimate edition doesn't quite make sense, there has to be a way to get them if someone who bought the regular edition wants them after.
It's a super scummy move. Basically people are being forced to pay extra to have a full set of four alts. If you buy the regular edition you'll only have three alts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom