• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry to pick at your wording, but this is the top 100 highest grossing animated movies of all time, Jimmy doesn't appear
There are only 3 adult animated movies on the top 100 (one of which is The Simpsons Movie - a film that was very much marketed to children and is part of a brand that has historically marketed itself to children even to this day). Jimmy does show up in the top 200, but behind films nobody would consider "all time most popular" like the BoxTrolls; Onward; Storks; Robots; and even the just-released Lightyear - as well as fellow straight-to-cinema Nick IPs like Rango; Wonder Park; and Barnyard. Now keep in mind that there's no live action films on this list which would plunge Jimmy down even further considering ET; Home Alone; Sonic; so on.

Jimmy is a hugely popular character, don't get me wrong, but he's remembered more as a TV character than a movie character, and TBH competing with Optimus Prime; Rocky & Bullwinkle; or Finn the Human isn't as high a bar as competing with Simba; Gru; or Shrek so I think the exaggeration here is unjust, even if it doesn't really give or take much to/from the discussion as there aren't many movie characters to choose from in this game in the first case.
jings jimmy neutron list to chicken little

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm not actually as ****ing mad as it may come off, but I will not stop complaining about something I don't like. You're free to like Hugh. I'm not trying to take that away from you. But I'm also free to not like it, and this is a forum where we can talk about it all we damn well please. And for the record, I've never called anyone stupid for wanting Hugh. I've implied that his votes are ironic, yes, but I've never said you or anyone else was stupid about it.

I'd rather get my anger out in a more constructive manner, like typing out these responses, then in a destructive manner, like about what's happening in the world right now, which actually pisses me off so goddamn much that I genuinely want to break ****.

This is just discussion. I'm entitled to my opinion. You don't like it? You can mute me.

If we get Jimmy, sure, I'll even be happy with Hugh, but I'm not gonna praise something I don't like or "be happy with what you get."

My expectations of Smash vs. this have also always been different. I dunno where you're going off thinking I have the same ones for both.

But I will say, you are objectively wrong about slots. There absolutely are slots. This is not a multi million dollar game to make. This is a budget title. The fact we're even getting DLC after the launch state is a miracle. We may not get more DLC at all too - so yeah, there are limited slots until we hear otherwise.
You can be as mad about Hugh as you want, it was calling people who are actually happy about him "a minority" and "on some serious ****" that I took offense to.

It's okay to not like something but it goes overboard once it turns into insult slinging.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sorry to pick at your wording, but this is the top 100 highest grossing animated movies of all time, Jimmy doesn't appear
There are only 3 adult animated movies on the top 100 (one of which is The Simpsons Movie - a film that was very much marketed to children and is part of a brand that has historically marketed itself to children even to this day). Jimmy does show up in the top 200, but behind films nobody would consider "all time most popular" like the BoxTrolls; Onward; Storks; Robots; and even the just-released Lightyear - as well as fellow straight-to-cinema Nick IPs like Rango; Wonder Park; and Barnyard. Now keep in mind that there's no live action films on this list which would plunge Jimmy down even further considering ET; Home Alone; Sonic; so on.

Jimmy is a hugely popular character, don't get me wrong, but he's remembered more as a TV character than a movie character, and TBH competing with Optimus Prime; Rocky & Bullwinkle; or Finn the Human isn't as high a bar as competing with Simba; Gru; or Shrek so I think the exaggeration here is unjust, even if it doesn't really give or take much to/from the discussion as there aren't many movie characters to choose from in this game in the first case.
Well, at least back in my day, people wouldn't shut up about how great this movie was, and it was popular enough to get spun off into a series. But alright, I'll concede that maybe I was exaggerating a bit.

For the record, I don't even hate the character. Actually I think he's a pretty fun one. But he's funny because of his lines, far moreso than his actions. He's a great cartoon dad - but he's a meme. I've made it clear I don't care for meme picks many times. Nor do I care for it when people just wanna be different for the sake of being different or for the sake of a headline. Is that such a problem?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The whole "vocal minority" **** annoys me to no end - surely, if a group is the vocal minority they're the most passionate fans and therefore their voices should be valued most?

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Well, at least back in my day, people wouldn't shut up about how great this movie was, and it was popular enough to get spun off into a series. But alright, I'll concede that maybe I was exaggerating a bit.

For the record, I don't even hate the character. Actually I think he's a pretty fun one. But he's funny because of his lines, far moreso than his actions. He's a great cartoon dad - but he's a meme. I've made it clear I don't care for meme picks many times. Nor do I care for it when people just wanna be different for the sake of being different or for the sake of a headline. Is that such a problem?
I feel that people are fine with the concept of that opinion. It's just that the way you go about expressing that opinion is what people have an issue with. Sometimes the key to having a peaceful environment is keeping your mouth shut.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You can be as mad about Hugh as you want, it was calling people who are actually happy about him "a minority" and "on some serious ****" that I took offense to.

It's okay to not like something but it goes overboard once it turns into insult slinging.
I can see where you're coming from, but I think you misinterpreted my words. I wasn't calling people happy about Hugh that. I was saying people that think Hugh should be the only Jimmy rep and they should skip him because "it's less predictable/more interesting" are that. But I'll admit it was harsh, and I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

I also wasn't calling Hugh fans a minority. I was saying people who unironically wanted him a minority. Be honest with yourself, the main reason Hugh got popular was because of memes. Is that not true?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's a possibility. It'd have more punch if it came before Jimmy. But still, there could have been other reasons, it most likely wasn't as flippant a choice to include him first as people think.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rep say on Discord that Hugh was put in because of the memes? Like, as if the devs saw the demand for him (regardless of if it was ironic or not) and went "Hey, this could be a very fun thing to try!" and went ahead and made Hugh a fighter.

I don't know if that's exactly what went down, but even if it was, that doesn't give someone the right to put down the people who are actually excited for him to be in.

Like, people I'm free to like or dislike a character, but at least be respectful towards the ones that think differently from you.
I

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rep say on Discord that Hugh was put in because of the memes? Like, as if the devs saw the demand for him (regardless of if it was ironic or not) and went "Hey, this could be a very fun thing to try!" and went ahead and made Hugh a fighter.

I don't know if that's exactly what went down, but even if it was, that doesn't give someone the right to put down the people who are actually excited for him to be in.

Like, people I'm free to like or dislike a character, but at least be respectful towards the ones that think differently from you.
I
DB2FEC06-3D5B-4A29-AF46-175EF2C471B6.jpeg

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the main reason Hugh got popular was because of memes. Is that not true?
100% Hugh was only requested and got in because of memes, that's an objective fact and not up to debate, but why does that make him any less valid a request or pick? As I said earlier, liking a character for being funny is no different from liking them for being cool; scary; or cute.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's what I thought.

And personally I have no problem with this, especially with how unlikely it feels for Jimmy to not make it in.
The only way he's not is if Ludosity decides that each show should have one DLC pick and all DLC characters must come from unrepresented shows.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Mate, Jimmy and Timmy are probably the biggest lock in a crossover fighting game ever.
Please do not debate Riley on this. He is too insistent that the mere possibility of needing to talk to a third party means Timmy is equivalent to 9000 Soras.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's a non issue that we don't have the actual boy genius to represent Jimmy Neutron. Rugrats is repped in the game, but there are no actual Rugrats on the roster. So let's shut up about this issue. Jimmy is getting in most likely.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I do agree that Jimmy is pretty much a lock if we do get more DLC. The thing is, we don't even know if we'll get more DLC. We don't know if Jenny and the pass sold well. There's a possibility that the roster will end with Hugh and Rocko.
I don't believe that it will unless Nick scraps this game and forces Ludosity to make a sequel instead.

Baysha

Smash Ace
...Yeah, I saw this on my notifications and I have no idea what he's talking about with this. Can someone please elaborate?
Did you read the replies he made to himself? It seems pretty self-explanatory.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering: Is Wave-Toasting with Powdered Toast Man still a thing? And if so, how do you do it exactly?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sudden flash of inspiration struck.
New Stage: The Dimmsdale Dimmadome. Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome, periodically shows up, his hat acting as a moving wall as he walks around his property.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sudden flash of inspiration struck.
New Stage: The Dimmsdale Dimmadome. Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome, periodically shows up, his hat acting as a moving wall as he walks around his property.
That would be INCREDIBLE!
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more talk about Doug Dimmadome, especially with the meme power he has.

I just found out what PTM looked like in that Nicktoons MLB game...

View attachment 355706

...please. Kill it with fire.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’ve only noticed it this glaringly this patch. Wouldn’t be the first time Switch version had prominent performance issues though
Did the Switch version get a new patch? I'm not seeing one on Steam.

Top Bottom