• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, I Had this one question i haven't been able to say about the game.

When i started replaying the game, i noticed the ringout effect of Nick All-Star had stars & smoke rings coming out with the rainbow lights which i've never seem before.

Are these new to the game? or where they there since the start?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, I Had this one question i haven't been able to say about the game.

When i started replaying the game, i noticed the ringout effect of Nick All-Star had stars & smoke rings coming out with the rainbow lights which i've never seem before.

Are these new to the game? or where they there since the start?
Added in the Jenny update.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's a shame that these details are causing so much lag on Switch and the team somehow didn't notice.
NASB lagging on the Switch while MVS skips it makes me wonder if its devs really didn't want to deal with the Switch's hardware. A lot of devs don't really. Indie games are lucky they usually have budgets that are too small to really take advantage of the PS4/Xbox One let alone the PS5/XSX.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Not really news per se, but Rep stated on Twitter that Hugh is going to be really funny, which I'm behind 100%; I love me some really funny, goofy characters in platform fighters!

Also, Mark DeCarlo responded by telling him to prove it, and Rep responded with a face-in-clouds emoji; does anyone know what that means exactly?

Side note: I love that DeCarlo's current profile image is Hugh's render; that is perfection!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
NASB lagging on the Switch while MVS skips it makes me wonder if its devs really didn't want to deal with the Switch's hardware. A lot of devs don't really. Indie games are lucky they usually have budgets that are too small to really take advantage of the PS4/Xbox One let alone the PS5/XSX.
Yeah and I also have a feeling that this is why crossplay is taking so long, since every platforms have Rollback netcode except the switch. Tbh it just seems that making this game available on so many platforms for such a small studio was a poor decision.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah and I also have a feeling that this is why crossplay is taking so long, since every platforms have Rollback netcode except the switch. Tbh it just seems that making this game available on so many platforms for such a small studio was a poor decision.
According to Thaddeus, the Switch's delay netcode isn't as relevant as the marketers thinking new characters were more marketable.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that releasing the game on that many platforms was the decision of Nick and GameMill, not Ludosity.
What makes you say that?
I just find it weird if we got voice acting before crossplay because voice acting was only hinted at while crossplay was outright confirmed and promised for a Q1 2022 release. Oh, and it's very likely to come out within the next patch or two thanks to all the Q&A testing they're doing for the past several months and the devs outright stating that the next patch is not a balance patch.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think that releasing the game on that many platforms was the decision of Nick and GameMill, not Ludosity.

I just find it weird if we got voice acting before crossplay because voice acting was only hinted at while crossplay was outright confirmed and promised for a Q1 2022 release. Oh, and it's very likely to come out within the next patch or two thanks to all the Q&A testing they're doing for the past several months and the devs outright stating that the next patch is not a balance patch.
It's very possible they got VA squared away and ready before crossplay, even if they started crossplay first. They're not going to hold onto it until crossplay is ready.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My guess is that they want to keep Voice acting a surprise so they don't talk too much about it like items that will most likely comes in the future. I don't think it's really an indication of what will come first.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's very possible they got VA squared away and ready before crossplay, even if they started crossplay first. They're not going to hold onto it until crossplay is ready.
Voice acting would be much more difficult to add than crossplay, regardless of if they get the voice actors to record new lines or they use archive recordings. It does help that Extreme Tennis was able to get all the old VAs back, save for Mikey (who is voiced by his 2012 reboot VA, Greg Cipes, despite being based on his 80s incarnation), and Arnold (who is voiced by a new child actor). They could get most of the old VAs back, save for Oblina and PTM (whose original VAs are dead), Nigel (whose VA suffered a stroke), and Aang (whose VA was a child actor who is now too old to play the role).

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I have a feeling this may be a hint at VA releasing with or before Hugh (which people were already guessing anyway)
Doubtful. Mark DeCarlo responds to NASB news a lot, and Rep was probably just saying that Hugh can do some funny stuff (which is to be expected out of this game). VA's probably coming with Hugh either way, like you said.
Voice acting would be much more difficult to add than crossplay, regardless of if they get the voice actors to record new lines or they use archive recordings. It does help that Extreme Tennis was able to get all the old VAs back, save for Mikey (who is voiced by his 2012 reboot VA, Greg Cipes, despite being based on his 80s incarnation), and Arnold (who is voiced by a new child actor). They could get most of the old VAs back, save for Oblina and PTM (whose original VAs are dead), Nigel (whose VA suffered a stroke), and Aang (whose VA was a child actor who is now too old to play the role).
Do you really think adding voicelines to a game is harder than adding crossplay? I haven't exactly made a game before, but I can only assume writing netcode's damn hard. VA might be more logistically complex due to the bigger amount of moving parts, but I think saying it's "much more difficult" than crossplay is much too simple as a blanket statement.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Tbh it just seems that making this game available on so many platforms for such a small studio was a poor decision
Having a game like this be PC-only would've been a terrible idea.

Would've been basically suicide for the game, given that both the kid audience and Smash audience are on the Switch.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Would've been basically suicide for the game, given that both the kid audience and Smash audience are on the Switch.
I'm not saying it should've skipped the Switch. If anything the consoles it could've skipped are the PS5 and XSX, they're fully backwards compatible anyway.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I've never said it should be pc only, I'm saying that making a game with such a small team for 6 different platforms including pc was a bad idea. Ps4 and Ps5 players can't even play together despite the fact that the game doesn't really have a next gen updrade.

Either way I just hope they fix the ringout effect lag soon. It can't be THAT system-intensive, right? and the rest of the game runs at 60FPS.
Well there's some frame drops on the Royal woods cemetery stage (probably due to the rain effect) but otherwise the Switch version isn't that bad aside from the last update which slows a lot when there's a kill.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've never said it should be pc only, I'm saying that making a game with such a small team for 6 different platforms including pc was a bad idea. Ps4 and Ps5 players can't even play together despite the fact that the game doesn't really have a next gen updrade.

Well there's some frame drops on the Royal woods cemetery stage (probably due to the rain effect) but otherwise the Switch version isn't that bad aside from the last update which slows a lot when there's a kill.
The Dump and Dutchman Ship also have some mild lag, but nowhere near Royal Woods levels, more on part with Ultimate's offline input lag if anything.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Slime Time stage yet. That runs like absolute ASS on PC, surely it can't be much better on Switch?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Slime Time stage yet. That runs like absolute ASS on PC, surely it can't be much better on Switch?
I have my settings on low solely so I can play that stage. I don't have to do this with any other game, even ones that feature things like ray tracing.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Dump and Dutchman Ship also have some mild lag, but nowhere near Royal Woods levels, more on part with Ultimate's offline input lag if anything.
I've never noticed any lag on Royal Woods Cemetery, though

Speaking of which, I wish that stage had another cameo or two.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm a purely Switch player, and I gotta be honest: outside of the slowdown from kills that happened with the recent update, I haven't really noticed any particular issues on any of the stages mentioned (at least, offline; if they're primarily occurring online, then I definitely haven't seen them); either they haven't been happening for me, or they're so minute and brief that I don't notice them.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Any estimate for the Switch release date?

EDIT: Also, has anyone checked Oblina and Nigel's VAs in the credits? And the TMNT characters while I'm at it, since they're voiced by their 2012 VAs in Tennis.

EDIT; NVM, they have credits on Twitter

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well that was sudden. Guess I’ll look out the game and give em a go

frank welker wasn’t Garfield’s voice in the 90s right?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well that was sudden. Guess I’ll look out the game and give em a go

frank welker wasn’t Garfield’s voice in the 90s right?
IIRC Lorenzo Music (who coincidentally also voiced the version of Bill Murray's character in The Real Ghostbusters) was the voice in the 90s, but Frank Welker took over in the 2000s

Top Bottom