• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well frank sounds a bit like what I’m used to, he’s got the boredom down pat but he hasn’t got the flat sarcasm of Garfield

Nigel sounds good

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, is it just me, or do some of the models for the characters look a bit more touched-up/polished/higher quality?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey, is it just me, or do some of the models for the characters look a bit more touched-up/polished/higher quality?
Which ones do you notice it with?
Some people on the NASB Discord were complaining that turning off anti-aliasing didn't actually turn it off, so I think they changed up the post-processing a bit and that's what you're seeing.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
What is wrong with Aang? he sounds like a 6-year-old now!

Also some of the voiceovers (such as the victory lines) are too quiet.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Some people on the NASB Discord were complaining that turning off anti-aliasing didn't actually turn it off, so I think they changed up the post-processing a bit and that's what you're seeing.
Um, I'm playing the Switch version, for the record, not the PC version on Steam.

Also, I've noticed it with SpongeBob, Lincoln, and Jenny so far.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What is wrong with Aang? he sounds like a 6-year-old now!
Aang is always voiced by young boys, and everyone who's previously voiced him is too old now.
Um, I'm playing the Switch version, for the record, not the PC version on Steam.

Also, I've noticed it with SpongeBob, Lincoln, and Jenny so far.
I'm assuming they changed the post-processing on all systems, not just PC.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Finally, the most anticipated update although i thought it was being saved for Hugh

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I hate to diss the work of a legend like Jim Cummings, but the Shredder voice acting in NASB is really rough. Are we sure he didn't accidentally submit his Pete voice clips for Speedstorm?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hate to diss the work of a legend like Jim Cummings, but the Shredder voice acting in NASB is really rough. Are we sure he didn't accidentally submit his Pete voice clips for Speedstorm?
Well he hasn't voiced Shredder in decades, and was just supposed to be one of James Avery's backups anyway. I can't image he'd remember his Shredder voice perfectly.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Riley but as someone who's watched even recent Loud House stuff the voice threw me off definitely
oh? I love it personally
Shredder sounding like Super Skrull wasn't something I knew I needed but it almost entirely absolves any issues I had with his inclusion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I heard the voices & i don't wanna sound or feel negative about them mostly because i've listen to too much people complaining about the previous smash games and probably got too used to the idea of the voice mod edits.

I'll just say some positives & nitpicks, some of the voices sound good especially the new ones for characters such as Toph & Oblina. Though a few others sound like their accents has aged up(Dog & Ren and Stimpy(Stimpy sounds good from what i heard so far)).

Though in terms of Dog, i'm curious to know more about tom kenny lost his accent with him in the later seasons.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Though in terms of Dog, i'm curious to know more about tom kenny lost his accent with him in the later seasons
It's not really "losing his accent". The last CatDog episodes were recorded when SpongeBob was starting to be a thing, so Tom Kenny just...voiced Dog with his Spongebob voice.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's not really "losing his accent". The last CatDog episodes were recorded when SpongeBob was starting to be a thing, so Tom Kenny just...voiced Dog with his Spongebob voice.
I heard somewhere that Tom Kenny legally can't use the Spongebob voice for any other character, but I kind of doubt that's true because so many of his characters sound like Spongebob with some variation or are just the exact same voice.
It's super noticeable with characters like Commander Peepers from Wander Over Yonder.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know I'm surprised there seems to not be that much hype for the voice acting update compared to Garfield or Hugh.

Sure voice acting is nothing out of the ordinary, but on the other hand, this game went from having a budget of $5 to sparing no expense for its voice acting update, with the only VAs it failed to get having issues besides being too expensive.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just got done running a bunch of items games with a friend (holy **** those items are crazy and you owe it to yourself to play some games with them on if you haven't), and honestly the only voices that sound weird to me are Nigel, CatDog, and kind of Aang. (Neither of us played Helga, Korra, or the Louds at any point, so I can't comment on those.) The rest honestly sound fine, even ones that aren't voiced by their original VAs like Oblina and PTM.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Bar my slight issue with Garfield I think everyone sounds fine. Though bare in mind a lot of these characters I haven’t heard before but the ones I do are good enough

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
You know I'm surprised there seems to not be that much hype for the voice acting update compared to Garfield or Hugh.

Sure voice acting is nothing out of the ordinary, but on the other hand, this game went from having a budget of $5 to sparing no expense for its voice acting update, with the only VAs it failed to get having issues besides being too expensive.
Honestly I saw way more hype for the voice than Garfield.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
still gon b hated.png

Thaddeus, what are you doing?
Adding voice acting
It's 4 o'clock in the morning, why on Earth are you adding voice acting
Because I've lost control of my life.
Here's your voice acting, critics
Your game's still dead and has no content
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 354262
Thaddeus, what are you doing?
Adding voice acting
It's 4 o'clock in the morning, why on Earth are you adding voice acting
Because I've lost control of my life.
Here's your voice acting, critics
Your game's still dead and has no content
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
What does "save the game" even mean lmao.

amageish

Smash Master
April's VO is super fun and the news reporter banter is quite funny. I'm hoping Abby Trott's going to also be her VO for Shredder's Revenge!

Otherwise, it's amazing to me how far VO goes for taunts especially. The more standard ones like the "come hither" gestures just feel better when characters can actually brag instead of just... making the gesture.

Top Bottom