• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Honestly I find the music to be pretty weak in general. Even if they're original composition a lot of them doesn't really sound like fighting game music (most notably Glove world, Jellyfish fields, Wild waterfalls, Royal woods cemetery and Western air temple). To be fair Wild waterfalls Jellyfish field and Western air temple capture pretty well the show atmosphere so I'd give them that but Glove world is genuinely one of the worst music I've ever heard in a video game. It doesn't even fit the theme that well.

There's some highlight in the soundtrack like The dump, Harmonic convergence, Catdog house and Irken armada invasion.
yeah there's quite a few that either don't fit the game or franch-
says Jellyfish Fields
HUH????

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly I find the music to be pretty weak in general. Even if they're original composition a lot of them doesn't really sound like fighting game music (most notably Glove world, Jellyfish fields, Wild waterfalls, Royal woods cemetery and Western air temple). To be fair Wild waterfalls Jellyfish field and Western air temple capture pretty well the show atmosphere so I'd give them that but Glove world is genuinely one of the worst music I've ever heard in a video game. It doesn't even fit the theme that well.

There's some highlight in the soundtrack like The dump, Harmonic convergence, Catdog house and Irken armada invasion.
Yeah, sorry, dude, you lost me.

Like, I'll concede that Wild Waterfalls' theme isn't on par with other songs (though I do still think it's decent), and I will certainly agree that Glove World is the worst stage theme in the game, but Jellyfish Fields is a bop, Royal Woods Cemetery sounds like it came straight out of Castlevania (and in a good way), and Western Air Temple just sounds fantastic.

Good choices for other highlights though (especially The Dump).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I get what they were going for with Glove World's theme (as they wanted something that sounded carnival-like) it just went flat in the execution and is grating to listen to. Combined with the stage itself being a nightmare to play on it's no wonder most people hate that stage.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
My problem with the music is the fact that they made only one track per stage. The song on Jellyfish Fields is great, but it gets annoying after a while since it's pretty much the most picked stage in the game.

Also, Glove World is straight up not fun to play on personally. You have the moving platforms, the carts and the hole in the middle of the stage all at the same time.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My problem with the music is the fact that they made only one track per stage. The song on Jellyfish Fields is great, but it gets annoying after a while since it's pretty much the most picked stage in the game.
That's kinda just the standard for fighting games, platform or otherwise. It's just more notable in platform fighters due to less stages being played competitively and the unrealistic prescedent set by Smash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
platform fighters due to less stages being played competitively
Even in traditional fighters there's cases where people only play on a few stages due to lag/visibility issues. How frequently Infinite Azure is played in Tekken 7 makes this song a bit of a meme:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
With no regards to the stage's actual playability, this my official tier list of stage music in NASB. Tiers are ordered left to right.

S Tier: Omashu, Ghost Zone, The Dump, Rooftop Rumble, Space Madness, CatDog's House, Harmonic Convergence
A Tier: Jellyfish Fields, The Loud House, Slime Time, Tremorton Joyride, Western Air Temple
B Tier: Powdered Toast Trouble, Sweet Dreams, Sewers Slam, The Flying Dutchman's Ship, Royal Woods Cemetary
C Tier: Traffic Jam, Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch, Wild Waterfall, Technodrome Takedown, Irken Armada Invasion
D Tier:
F Tier: Glove World

S Tier is Certified Bangers
A Tier gets stuck in my head
B Tier is a swell time
C Tier is solid but not a "hum along" tune
D Tier is unobtrusive
F Tier makes me want to gag

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With no regards to the stage's actual playability, this my official tier list of stage music in NASB. Tiers are ordered left to right.

S Tier: Omashu, Ghost Zone, The Dump, Rooftop Rumble, Space Madness, CatDog's House, Harmonic Convergence
A Tier: Jellyfish Fields, The Loud House, Slime Time, Tremorton Joyride, Western Air Temple
B Tier: Powdered Toast Trouble, Sweet Dreams, Sewers Slam, The Flying Dutchman's Ship, Royal Woods Cemetary
C Tier: Traffic Jam, Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch, Wild Waterfall, Technodrome Takedown, Irken Armada Invasion
D Tier:

B Tier is a swell time
D Tier is unobtrusive
These opinions are acceptable. I would bump Sewer Slam down a tier though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is my master list of who I think will voice each character:
SpongeBob and Dog: Tom Kenny
Patrick: Bill Fagerbaake
Sandy: Carolyn Lawrence
Aang: Jaxson McBride
Toph: Kate Higgins
Korra: Janet Varney
Lincoln and Lucy: Jessica DiCiccio
Leo: Cam Clarke
Mikey: Townsend Coleman
April: Mae Whitman
Shredder: Kevin Michael Richardson
Ren and Stimpy: Billy West
Powdered Toast Man: Corey Burton
Zim: Richard Steven Horvitz
Cat: Jim Cummings
Reptar: N/A
Nigel: Tim Curry
Helga: Francesca Marie Smith
Danny: David Kaufman
Oblina: Candi Milo
Garfield: Frank Welker
Jenny: Janice Kawaye
Hugh: Mark DeCarlo
Rocko: Carlos Alazraqui

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is my master list of who I think will voice each character:
SpongeBob and Dog: Tom Kenny
Patrick: Bill Fagerbaake
Sandy: Carolyn Lawrence
Aang: Jaxson McBride
Toph: Kate Higgins
Korra: Janet Varney
Lincoln and Lucy: Jessica DiCiccio
Leo: Cam Clarke
Mikey: Townsend Coleman
April: Mae Whitman
Shredder: Kevin Michael Richardson
Ren and Stimpy: Billy West
Powdered Toast Man: Corey Burton
Zim: Richard Steven Horvitz
Cat: Jim Cummings
Reptar: N/A
Nigel: Tim Curry
Helga: Francesca Marie Smith
Danny: David Kaufman
Oblina: Candi Milo
Garfield: Frank Welker
Jenny: Janice Kawaye
Hugh: Mark DeCarlo
Rocko: Carlos Alazraqui
Honestly I'd be shocked if they get Tim Curry again. I think there's no way this is happening.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just put him there because I couldn't think of anyone to replace him with.
Timothy Omundson had to voice Nigel in a Robot Chicken sketch that could reunite the Thornberry girls' voice actors, but not Tim Curry or Flea (Tom Kane had been in some other RC sketches but Darwin was silent in it).
Kevan Brighting has no experience voicing Nigel, but his voice is close enough and indie projects can definitely afford him.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

D Tier:

B Tier is a swell time
D Tier is unobtrusive
Aww, I like Technodrome

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The only bad song is Glove World :3
It kicks the **** out of The Dump, that's for sure.

But yeah, In know it sounds a little silly, but it's a carnival. It's supposed to!
Though it probably would've been better received if they took inspiration from Kart Racers 2's Glove Universe, since it's super energetic.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It kicks the **** out of The Dump, that's for sure.

But yeah, In know it sounds a little silly, but it's a carnival. It's supposed to!
Though it probably would've been better received if they took inspiration from Kart Racers 2's Glove Universe, since it's super energetic.

Are you saying the Dump is a bad song? Sorry, can't agree with you there.

But I can agree on your other point. Honestly, I kinda wish they just licensed that track instead since it's also a GameMill title and then we wouldn't have any garbo music at all.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
These soundtracks were 100% swapped at birth
Even a lot of the more show-true songs sound better for battle

That being said, there are some music tracks I think NASB did better than NKR2 - Ghost Zone; Space Madness; and Sewer Subway/Slam for example.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I guess I just love amusement parks...

But yeah, I've never really cared for The Dump and just tend to skip it if the game picks it randomly offline. Never cared about Aah Real Monsters (and I remember it barely getting any time slots, especially compared to the other Klasky Csupo shows) and the game already has an abundance of spooky-themed stages that I like much better, so it just doesn't really stand out to me.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah the lack of Nick Reps From Shows i actually know is one of the Reasons why i didnt buy NASB!
That and the lack of Villains!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I guess I just love amusement parks...

But yeah, I've never really cared for The Dump and just tend to skip it if the game picks it randomly offline. Never cared about Aah Real Monsters (and I remember it barely getting any time slots, especially compared to the other Klasky Csupo shows) and the game already has an abundance of spooky-themed stages that I like much better, so it just doesn't really stand out to me.
I wouldn't even really call it spooky. It's a landfill

And I've seen maybe 30 minutes of the show in my life but I still think it's a fun stage. And the music is the cherry on top

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I wouldn't even really call it spooky. It's a landfill

And I've seen maybe 30 minutes of the show in my life but I still think it's a fun stage. And the music is the cherry on top
To each their own. I think Glove World is a genuinely fun stage myself

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What Nick show do you even know if you didn't know about Spongebob, Avatar, Loud house and TMNT?
I think he more means "I'm a 2000s kid, I only know the 2000s stuff, what's an Oblina". Could be wrong on that so don't take that as me putting words in his mouth

It's kinda weird because I grew up in 2000s but on the 90s nostalgia-dominated internet climate, so to me Nick will always be associated with Kenan & Kel; Double Dare; Ren & Stimpy; Hey Dude; Rocko; Stick Stickly; Face; and do-wop-sho-wop music while the likes of iCarly; Ned's Declassified; and Jimmy Neutron were just the later, post-peak stuff that stands on its own but can't touch the 90s stuff, a bit like how everyone regardless of nostalgia range or what iteration they grew up on can agree Looney Tunes peaked under Chuck Jones; Bob Clampett; and Tex Avery - and I kinda just assumed everyone else saw it that way until NASB's reveal.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think he more means "I'm a 2000s kid, I only know the 2000s stuff, what's an Oblina". Could be wrong on that so don't take that as me putting words in his mouth

It's kinda weird because I grew up in 2000s but on the 90s nostalgia-dominated internet climate, so to me Nick will always be associated with Kenan & Kel; Double Dare; Ren & Stimpy; Hey Dude; Rocko; Stick Stickly; Face; and do-wop-sho-wop music while the likes of iCarly; Ned's Declassified; and Jimmy Neutron were just the later, post-peak stuff that stands on its own but can't touch the 90s stuff, a bit like how everyone regardless of nostalgia range or what iteration they grew up on can agree Looney Tunes peaked under Chuck Jones; Bob Clampett; and Tex Avery - and I kinda just assumed everyone else saw it that way until NASB's reveal.
Don't assume. I may be a 90s kid, but Avatar will always be the best show I've ever seen, and while this may be blasphemy to the internet - Rugrats, Doug, Angry Beavers, and Ren & Stimpy were mid at best, and Nick didn't hit it's stride of genuine greatness til SpongeBob premiered, after which they made hit after hit until around the end of TLA's lifespan.

Hey Arnold and Rocko were the only truly great 90s Nicktoons.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm just glad that the 90's don't dominate the sphere of fan demand.
That was because most of the 90s icons are in the game already, and the only pre-SBSP IP left to represent is the Angry Beavers. There isn't much 90s left unless we get a rep of TAB or we end up getting one of the Rugrats kids.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
That was because most of the 90s icons are in the game already, and the only pre-SBSP IP left to represent is the Angry Beavers. There isn't much 90s left unless we get a rep of TAB or we end up getting one of the Rugrats kids.
Otto Rocket says hello XD

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Rocket Power came out after SBSP. When most people thing of "90s Nick", they think of pre-SBSP Nick.
It debuted in the same year, which was 1999 anyway, so that's...ridiculously flimsy.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Don't assume. I may be a 90s kid, but Avatar will always be the best show I've ever seen, and while this may be blasphemy to the internet - Rugrats, Doug, Angry Beavers, and Ren & Stimpy were mid at best, and Nick didn't hit it's stride of genuine greatness til SpongeBob premiered, after which they made hit after hit until around the end of TLA's lifespan.

The point of that post was that I made a mistake to assume, not that I was assuming.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

indeed not everyone from the 90s has 90s nostalgia

Top Bottom