• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
-Otis is a lot higher now, meaning he's likely the next meme character
Especially considering how his IP, Barnyard, was also from Steve Oedekerk like Jimmy Neutron.

Speaking of Oedekerk...

Players trying to reenact this fight with Avatar characters would be hysterical.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think if you gotta do a switch out mechanic, you might as well just give them two slots. It wouldn't feel in character for them to have the same moves and animations as each other since they're so different personality wise.
That being said, I guess if nothing else, I'd prefer this to them being stapled to each other. Then you can at least still make them fight each other.
I doubt they wil give them 2 slots honestly, they didn't even bother adding all 4 turtles probably to add more variety in the roster visually, so I don't think they will sell us 2 beavers separately as dlc.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Smash saved the character who had the most legal trouble (Sora) for last so I believe that NASB will follow suit.
Dude,

This isn’t the same as smash bros. If they wanted to reveal early, they can. Maybe try not jumping to conclusions because we have NO idea how many packs, who is gonna get revealed, etc. it’s anyones game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm also not expecting them to conform to a predictable pattern of 2 2000s, 1 1990s.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I doubt they wil give them 2 slots honestly, they didn't even bother adding all 4 turtles probably to add more variety in the roster visually, so I don't think they will sell us 2 beavers separately as dlc.
2 turtles has been my argument in favor of 2 beavers, funny enough. Norb and Dag look more divergent from each other than the 80's Turtles do. If we can have 2 Turtles we can have 2 Beavers too. Yes I know TMNT is a lot more popular, it's a variety thing.

I don't see them selling both as DLC either unless DLC is successful and goes on for a long time. Maybe they could have one Beaver in this game, then another to use as sequel bait, like the other two turtles most likely will be.

I figure, in general the amount of duos besides Ren and Stimpy is going to be low. Not just the Beavers but anyone they couldn't just stack on top of each other like Ren riding on Stimpy's back.
It'd tank the framerate, it'd mess with the cargo grab, and thinking on it, the Nicktoons well is pretty limited, gotta have as many characters to fill slots in a sequel as possible.

Sorry I keep harping on it. I guess it comes with the new spotlight the characters are in now!

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
2 turtles has been my argument in favor of 2 beavers, funny enough. Norb and Dag look more divergent from each other than the 80's Turtles do. If we can have 2 Turtles we can have 2 Beavers too. Yes I know TMNT is a lot more popular, it's a variety thing.

I don't see them selling both as DLC either unless DLC is successful and goes on for a long time. Maybe they could have one Beaver in this game, then another to use as sequel bait, like the other two turtles most likely will be.

I figure, in general the amount of duos besides Ren and Stimpy is going to be low. Not just the Beavers but anyone they couldn't just stack on top of each other like Ren riding on Stimpy's back.
It'd tank the framerate, it'd mess with the cargo grab, and thinking on it, the Nicktoons well is pretty limited, gotta have as many characters to fill slots in a sequel as possible.

Sorry I keep harping on it. I guess it comes with the new spotlight the characters are in now!
I'll be honest there's a small part of me that wants the Beavers to be a tag character so that when they swap between each other they tag out by slapping tails

Jokes aside I'm not sure if I've given my stance on duo Beavers vs solo Beavers so I'll try

Everytime I kept thinking of something to reply with it seems you already covered it (being aware TMNT is a much bigger franchise, the possibility of us just getting 1 in this game, etc)

So I guess I'm of the opinion we'll either get 1 solo (probably Daggett since he seems like he'd be easier to turn into a fighter and you'd already have Richard Horvitz on standby for voice acting) or them as a duo (and admittedly I'm failing to think of a good reason why they would be one), but not both of them as separate characters in this game. Heck I suppose Norbert isn't that necessary even long term considering his entire schtick is being loaf-ish and easy going, just have him napping in the background of a stage or something, or maybe he and Treeflower are hanging out in the background or something

TL;DR - Solo Daggett good Duo Beavers unrealistic/unnecessary

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'll be honest there's a small part of me that wants the Beavers to be a tag character so that when they swap between each other they tag out by slapping tails

Jokes aside I'm not sure if I've given my stance on duo Beavers vs solo Beavers so I'll try

Everytime I kept thinking of something to reply with it seems you already covered it (being aware TMNT is a much bigger franchise, the possibility of us just getting 1 in this game, etc)

So I guess I'm of the opinion we'll either get 1 solo (probably Daggett since he seems like he'd be easier to turn into a fighter and you'd already have Richard Horvitz on standby for voice acting) or them as a duo (and admittedly I'm failing to think of a good reason why they would be one), but not both of them as separate characters in this game. Heck I suppose Norbert isn't that necessary even long term considering his entire schtick is being loaf-ish and easy going, just have him napping in the background of a stage or something, or maybe he and Treeflower are hanging out in the background or something

TL;DR - Solo Daggett good Duo Beavers unrealistic/unnecessary
I said it already, but yeah, if that's how they decided to do it, I'd be down with a tag character since at least then you can have them both and they can fight each other. If they give them the same moveset with changes ala Pyra and Mythra, I hope they at least animate them differently enough that they don't feel like palette swaps, even if it's the same moves.

My dream scenario is a Nick Brawl game where you can have Dag vs Norb grudge matches like something out of the show, and I talk about it so much since I figure it's the best way to get people to come around to the idea. But realistically, I'd be happy to get anything, even if it's only Daggett or a pair of glued together beavers. (though the latter admittedly not without some grumbling)

amageish

Smash Master
There already is with Pomme from Rivals of Aether.
True! I do enjoy her kit, though her actual move list isn't as music-y as I am envisioning - like, her attacks generally don't rely on rhythm elements insomuch as positioning with her floating and abnormally strong aerials. She's definitely the right aesthetic for the role though!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't think two beavers would be particularly well received, especially as DLC. There are several popular franchises like Rugrats, Danny Phantom, Hey Arnold, Jimmy Neutron, hell even Zim, that only have one rep. Beavers getting two full-priced characters, right off the bat, especially since both are 90's, would be a very controvesial decision. I know you love the Beavers and want to see them recreated faithfully, and I know they're doing well on the polls. But I don't think two full-priced DLC slots going to them would sit well with a lot of people. People want the remaining two turtles, but much of it is because their favorite turtle is left out, or because it just feels weird to have just two. The beavers are honestly in a very weird spot.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't think two beavers would be particularly well received, especially as DLC. There are several popular franchises like Rugrats, Danny Phantom, Hey Arnold, Jimmy Neutron, hell even Zim, that only have one rep. Beavers getting two full-priced characters, right off the bat, especially since both are 90's, would be a very controvesial decision. I know you love the Beavers and want to see them recreated faithfully, and I know they're doing well on the polls. But I don't think two full-priced DLC slots going to them would sit well with a lot of people. People want the remaining two turtles, but much of it is because their favorite turtle is left out, or because it just feels weird to have just two. The beavers are honestly in a very weird spot.
Yeah I'm aware of this. I said as such the very next line

It's not so much I think we should get both Beavers as DLC for this game right away (would be cool tho') so much as we get both generally. Say we get Daggett in this game as DLC, then a NASB2 happens, one of the new characters is Norbert. Or DLC goes on long enough and knocks out enough characters that they can start double dipping and add in Norbert.
But in the end, I'd just be happy with whatever they give us since it's the Angry Beavers in a video game.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Jim Cummings did his Shredder voice once again in the new Chip n' Dale movie.

All the more reason for me to believe he'd do double-duty as both Cat and Shredder for the eventual VA update.
I mean, considering that he reprised Taz of all people for Multiversus...I can believe that.

Still have a hard time believing that Biggy the Rat somehow has one.
Also, I should probably start to support Leni alongside her elder sister.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. Especially considering that they could be clones of each other. I'm expecting them to either be a duo fighter like the Ice Climbers or we only get one.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah. Especially considering that they could be clones of each other. I'm expecting them to either be a duo fighter like the Ice Climbers or we only get one.
If anything, I'm fine with Donnie and Ralph making the second game. All the turtles will have some similar moves with at least one, but let's not turn them into Echos

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
All the turtles will have some similar moves with at least one, but let's not turn them into Echos
Too many of Leo's moves are centered around his dual katanas anyway, and ditto for Mikey and his nunchucks (and how he's the goofiest of the four). This isn't Injustice 2 where having four turtles was achievable by having them share a bunch of generic moves.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm still not getting why everyone seems to insist the Beavers are interchangeable. Has anyone talking about this game even watched the show?

Too many of Leo's moves are centered around his dual katanas anyway, and ditto for Mikey and his nunchucks (and how he's the goofiest of the four). This isn't Injustice 2 where having four turtles was achievable by having them share a bunch of generic moves.
The devs straight up said none of the turtles would play alike if all four got in. They're not going to do clones.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Clones wouldn't really gel well with a game based on cartoons fundamentally, especially comedy cartoons where the usual dynamic is characters being opposites instead of parallels like an action show would. characers sharing abilities; models; textures; e.t.c. is common in games since models are consistently reused even without clone characters, but cartoons do not given that each character is redrawn every frame anyway - the rare occasion this is done in cartoons is usually either to establish a character as related to another in some form (be that childhood friends; siblings; spouses; so on); just for background characters; or for the sake of a joke. 3D shows do it a little more often, but I doubt they're adding Skeet any time soon to clone Chip the Counsellor from.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm still not getting why everyone seems to insist the Beavers are interchangeable. Has anyone talking about this game even watched the show?
Just imagine if they kept the same designs from the pilot

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't recall that specifically, but with the kind of show The Angry Beavers is, I wouldn't doubt it.
i think one of them went mad from watching tv and then the other tried the same thing but the program changed and he became elvis

You might be thinking of the Rocko episode "The Lounge Singer", I had a PFP from it recently. Not exactly Elvis-ish music, but the hairstyle is close.
ive never seen rocko

Top Bottom