• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So? Like I said, he could simply be laughing at the idea this is STILL a debate that's going on. Plus, maybe right now there's some legal reason why he can't just clarify why Reptar was put in over one of the babies.
Youre not wrong. Just speculation, really.

People do underestimate the beavers a bit but I don't think they're a shoe-in either. Still, they'll probably be talked about a little more once Rocko's on, since they'll be the last non-Doug 90's IP to add.

But yeah, great analysis!
Oh they're for sure not getting in before Rocko, I know that much. But their show (and I guess Rocket Power) being the only ones left after RML when the devs have a 90's bias does bode well, I'd say, even if it's not until a sequel.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But their show (and I guess Rocket Power) being the only ones left after RML when the devs have a 90's bias does bode well
Curse you Nickelodeon for forgetting your ways to work around relicensing The Toasters' music

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of the Rugrats debate but basically

I think the legit reason they went with Reptar instead is just because he's cooler. Ignoring how frequently the characters appear in the show, would you rather fight as a kaiju or a baby?

You never hear people request Lily Loud to the extent Rugrats get requested, and it's because NASB fans seem to struggle to realize that Ludosity has zero obligation to go with the definitive main characters. And if said main characters (Arnold, Tommy/Angelica/Chuckie, Ickis, Eliza, Donatello, Raphael, etc) missed out on base game despite not having real reason to, then I don't see them being priority for DLC. There's no "representing legacy of Nickelodeon" or "celebration of Nickelodeon" goal here. It's just who they think is cool and/or fun

also they flat out say Lily can't join NASB in Lincoln's showcase, with the only implicated reason being that she's a baby ok bye
I hope they keep that same logic. There's so many cooler characters they can go with than something as boring as a baby.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

So on top of the new character reveal, we might actually be getting items in the Friday update (because this announcement mentions a "new ruleset based on the new update".) So that should be neat!
Man you beat me to it by 2 minutes, already had the screenshots ready and everything

Anyways yeah, didn’t think about items but that makes sense

Edit: Thinking on this more than 5 seconds if it really does end up adding items then does that ensure it’s Rocko? I mean he’s the only franchise yet to be repped that has an item so they either scrap the item or…..

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Me hoping Jennika miraculously makes her way in but anyways
YES. I'd love to see her make the jump to a mainstream project; her claws would make a super fun moveset for TMNT Shredder's Revenge... Sadly, it seems like she's sticking to the IDW canon for now.

Not only that, but

Whatever we're being shown on Friday, we're getting it the same day.
Woah. Well, I'm glad it's avoided leaking thus far!!! Exciting day.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Man you beat me to it by 2 minutes, already had the screenshots ready and everything

Anyways yeah, didn’t think about items but that makes sense

Edit: Thinking on this more than 5 seconds if it really does end up adding items then does that ensure it’s Rocko? I mean he’s the only franchise yet to be repped that has an item so they either scrap the item or…..
Yeah, the mention of the new ruleset is what made me think the update is for items, because that's the only kind of update I can think of that would warrant a new ruleset.

That being said...

Not only that, but

Whatever we're being shown on Friday, we're getting it the same day.
This one does make me tilt my head a bit; the original tweet by the game's Twitter account clearly stated that Friday would feature character news, so unless the update is coming with both a new fighter and items, it feels like there're conflicting reports here.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah, the mention of the new ruleset is what made me think the update is for items, because that's the only kind of update I can think of that would warrant a new ruleset.

That being said...

This one does make me tilt my head a bit; the original tweet by the game's Twitter account clearly stated that Friday would feature character news, so unless the update is coming with both a new fighter and items, it feels like there're conflicting reports here.
both, Rocko is the only franchise not repped that has an item, items are most likely coming, Fair Play art director said he'd make sure Rocko got in

it checks out

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
So in regards to the announcement, is it going to be streamed somewhere or is it just a premiere time?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Street Fighter V approach where they just reveal them all in one go lol
That's not that abnormal anyway. Like how Tekken 7's second season was immediately revealed with the 5 Tekken veterans it had+the announcement it'd have a Walking Dead character.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
That's not that abnormal anyway. Like how Tekken 7's second season was immediately revealed with the 5 Tekken veterans it had+the announcement it'd have a Walking Dead character.
Was that immediate? I recall them revealing Anna, Lei and Negan and then revealing the others at a later date

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Was that immediate? I recall them revealing Anna, Lei and Negan and then revealing the others at a later date
Huh I swear I remember it differently, but I definitely remember they weren't immediately revealing it was Negan while at the same time giving a ton of obvious hints it was him.

Either way Smash's one-at-a-time-over-a-year-or-two thing isn't the norm for fighting game passes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, we're getting crossplay, items, and a brand new DLC character. That more than makes up for the long wait.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering that items were intended for launch, including the Suck-O-Matic, I don't think it's Rocko for certain.
Yes but Nicktoons games tend to ignore most Nick shows that don't have playable characters, because there isn't one single Nicktoons license you pay for and then you can use all the shows you want. Prioritizing playable Rocko will make it more worthwhile to get the Rocko's Modern Life license.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yes but Nicktoons games tend to ignore most Nick shows that don't have playable characters, because there isn't one single Nicktoons license you pay for and then you can use all the shows you want. Prioritizing playable Rocko will make it more worthwhile to get the Rocko's Modern Life license.
Exactly. Aside from the Master Model collection in Attack of the Toybots most Nicktoons crossover games usually ignore shows that don't have a rep on the playable cast. I believe that Nick made them hold off on items until a character from Rocko's Modern Life is added to the game, probably Rocko himself.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I believe that Nick made them hold off on items until a character from Rocko's Modern Life is added to the game
No it'd be more likely because of the game's rushed development making them prioritize competitive play. I think they wanted to make Rocko playable the whole time, but he's a victim of one year of development in an era where that is no longer the norm.

Also Nicktoons MLB did license a ridiculous amount of Nicktoons...for loading screens. It pretty much had to have a lot of funds for licensing things just from the name alone.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
No it'd be more likely because of the game's rushed development making them prioritize competitive play. I think they wanted to make Rocko playable the whole time, but he's a victim of one year of development in an era where that is no longer the norm.

Also Nicktoons MLB did license a ridiculous amount of Nicktoons...for loading screens. It pretty much had to have a lot of funds for licensing things just from the name alone.
I remember that game had freakin' George Liquor in it as one of the cameos.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If this is real (which I don't think it is), and it is Blue's Clues (which I think it would be if it was), I think it's possible that we may start off with a series extension (like Squiddy or Zuko) and Blue is a stage-only series like Double Dare
the audio itself was datamined, I just matched it to the title screen image like other soundtracks the channel uploads get

Top Bottom