• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
First of, Why Am I Korra!? I don't watch her show nor do i want to support her &
BEEEEEEPPPP

Secondly, This theme is crazy. We're Not Just in Smashboards No We're in....

Nickboards

Though i feel you guys made this to pick on the game even more which makes me sad.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Though i feel you guys made this to pick on the game even more which makes me sad.
No, not at all. Reggieboards wasn't done to pick on Reggie, and Crashboards wasn't about picking on Crash Bandicoot. (it did however pick on SmashBoards itself for crashing)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ending up with Sandy isn't too bad, I'd say.

It's just too bad that DLC development for Brawl is still taking ages.
It's only been 5 months (much less if you start off of when Shredder came out), if anything given how rushed the base game was it's probably a good thing DLC's taking long - it'll be more polished, the devs aren't in crunch, and the DLC cycle will artificially feel longer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ending up with Sandy isn't too bad, I'd say.

It's just too bad that DLC development for Brawl is still taking ages.
it better be worth it if it's 14 years in the making, though how are we supposed to get it without the wii shop channel?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
it better be worth it if it's 14 years in the making, though how are we supposed to get it without the wii shop channel?
Lel, I guess I should use the NASB abbreviation more often.

View attachment 349116

Somethin' different around here...

Hey Nickboards, you get a new haircut?
Nah, it's a little shorter. It was dieting lately.

I wonder if something similar will be done with Multiversus next year.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i know im 3 days late but it was rather appropriate for my avatar to get turned into danny phantom considering my user name

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
i believe a person at gamemill said the patch might come at final week of april, we'll see if that happens and no further delays occur
Yeah. We already know it was delayed to avoid interfering with GENESIS, so who knows at this point. We know that it's very likely that this patch will add crossplay and possibly items.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hopefully one of those nerfs is that blocking actually works properly on her Down Special.

Speaking of April, though, am I the only one who noticed that some of her animations seem a bit smoother than in the past? Like, her Down Light Aerial looks like it's not as choppy-looking as it was at the game's release.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ironic, given the month.

At any rate, there's still plenty of time for items or really anything else to drop before Multiversus' eventual release shakes things up later this year.
MVS won't do **** when they forgot to market the damn thing. Just because the game's initial cost is 0 and you have iconic characters in your game doesn't mean your marketing budget can be 0.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
MVS won't do **** when they forgot to market the damn thing. Just because the game's initial cost is 0 and you have iconic characters in your game doesn't mean your marketing budget can be 0.
At this point Multiversus is banking on people being upset with NASB enough to jump ship and switch over. This is shown by the initial reveal trailer prominently highlighting the implementation of alts, crossplay, and voice acting, all of which NASB lacked at the time.

D

Deleted member

The game way leaked earlier than they intended it to. When the open beta comes out I'm willing to bet theyre gonna go in harder.

I think they're hoping for the fortnite effect. F2P games often work more on word of mouth than anything.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think they're hoping for the fortnite effect. F2P games often work more on word of mouth than anything.
But even then, Fortnite still spends plenty on marketing. All their crossover skins and crossover events get trailers much more elaborate than

D

Deleted member

But even then, Fortnite still spends plenty on marketing. All their crossover skins and crossover events get trailers much more elaborate than
I'm talking about before it came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. We didn't get to see Velma's moveset, or even her render for that matter.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. We didn't get to see Velma's moveset, or even her render for that matter.
That was pretty stupid. Not gonna excuse that.

Showing off a game and being silent forever seems to be the way with these things now though. Look at project L

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At least NASB properly showed off the revealed fighters through their own trailers and character showcase videos. Multiversus hasn't done any of that.

D

Deleted member

Multiversus marketing has been pretty bad but it's also seemingly a ways off. I think the leaks hit them bad.

The gameplay I've seem from the beta was pretty soild though so I didn't get why they couldn't show some with velma

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Multiversus isn't going to "kill NASB", nor is it going to fizzle out and die instantly - the reaction will be "no items and final smashes?", jerks will clown on the people still playing it with SteamCharts for a few months, and like NASB it's gonna end up finding its own small niche away from the public eye once people move on to getting hyped for, and inevitably turning on, WildBrain Superstars Slamfest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Multiversus isn't going to "kill NASB", nor is it going to fizzle out and die instantly - the reaction will be "no items and final smashes?", jerks will clown on the people still playing it with SteamCharts for a few months, and like NASB it's gonna end up finding its own small niche away from the public eye once people move on to getting hyped for, and eventually shaming fans of, WildBrain Superstars Slamfest
It does have items tbf. But I aggre

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I was wondering why I don't feel excited for Multiversus at all despite it having the potential to have more characters I care about in it, and yeah, I think it's because all we've seen is the ONE trailer and some leaks that I can't even find. That Velma teaser is pathetic.

Also it feels like a "look at all the stuff we own" hodgepodge of characters rather than something with a coherent theme or link tying the characters together like Smash and NASB have. When anyone can make it in, it makes it harder to really care.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was wondering why I don't feel excited for Multiversus at all despite it having the potential to have more characters I care about in it, and yeah, I think it's because all we've seen is the ONE trailer and some leaks that I can't even find. That Velma teaser is pathetic.

Also it feels like a "look at all the stuff we own" hodgepodge of characters rather than something with a coherent theme or link tying the characters together like Smash and NASB have. When anyone can make it in, it makes it harder to really care.
The leaks are out in the open. We talked about them pretty heavily on the general thread.

If certain leaks are to be believed they're already working on non wb characters so it definitely feels like they wanna go for a "worry look at how much stuff we fan get" direction.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I think Multiversus' roster vs. NASB's is definitive proof that less is more. The leaks include a Netflix character, a real life NBA player, and more OCs, but no one from pre-2010s CN/AS (there is zero overlap between the rosters of MVS and PTE and I hate that) and no one from Midway. If anything there's too many characters on the table.

In contrast, NASB being restricted to Nicktoons helps there be resources they can dedicate to cartoons like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and The Wild Thornberrys, as well as a secondary R&S character, and that TWT rep being Nigel helped people have hope for even memeier choices, most notably Hugh.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A lack of CN reps is gonna be a huge problem for MVS - from what I've observed, CN is really what people are most interested in from MVS, but WB have a bit of an aversion to merchandising and reintroducing their more recent animated legacy content, (which is weird because that's literally what CN was created to do) best shown by Space Jam 2 being completely Cartoon Cartoon-free, old or new. When MVS was revealed I was honestly super surprised AT and SU characters made it in just from Space Jam 2's prescident alone. It's a conflict of what fans want and what the suits want to promote.

I guess it's mostly a case of Nick not having many animated big hitters nowadays, so they benefit a lot from encouraging kids to dig up their earlier stuff if they want a 'toon fix - CN are still making hits with fandoms more devoted than anything they've made before so there isn't exactly much need for Ed, Edd n' Eddy Funko Pops or Cow & Chicken lanyards. As much as I hate to say it, even if MVS was just PTE 2 it'd probably be laser-focused on the 2010s with maybe Courage or a bit of OG Ben 10/PPG content if we're lucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A lack of CN reps is gonna be a huge problem for MVS - from what I've observed, CN is really what people are most interested in from MVS, but WB have a bit of an aversion to merchandising and reintroducing their more recent animated legacy content, (which is weird because that's literally what CN was created to do) best shown by Space Jam 2 being completely Cartoon Cartoon-free, old or new. When MVS was revealed I was honestly super surprised AT and SU characters made it in just from Space Jam 2's prescident alone. It's a conflict of what fans want and what the suits want to promote.

I guess it's mostly a case of Nick not having many animated big hitters nowadays, so they benefit a lot from encouraging kids to dig up their earlier stuff if they want a 'toon fix - CN are still making hits with fandoms more devoted than anything they've made before so there isn't exactly much need for Ed, Edd n' Eddy Funko Pops or Cow & Chicken lanyards. As much as I hate to say it, even if MVS was just PTE 2 it'd probably be laser-focused on the 2010s with maybe Courage or a bit of OG Ben 10/PPG content if we're lucky.
I think it depends. I know a lot of people who are more interested because of the legacy movie characters. You've gotta balance it. But the complete lack of older CN characters is kinda weird and something I hope they fix.

I do think MVS is gonna be used as a marketing tool more than anything. There are some signs of this in the leaks already

Black Adam over other dc characters, lebron for space jam 2, the more modern cn characters. Even Gizmo has a cartoon coming out

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I guess it's mostly a case of Nick not having many animated big hitters nowadays, so they benefit a lot from encouraging kids to dig up their earlier stuff if they want a 'toon fix
In general, pandering to nostalgia is required by Nick to stay relevant, when Kids These Days™ would rather watch YouTube/TikTok, nothing it's currently airing has a notable adult fanbase, and show after show gets killed for not being an instant SpongeBob-tier hit.
I do think MVS is gonna be used as a marketing tool more than anything. There are some signs of this in the leaks already
I figured the choices were mostly going to be safe and corporate just from the initial reveal alone. And if they found a way to make Gizmo a corporate pick...I guess I'm right!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
no one from pre-2010s CN/AS (there is zero overlap between the rosters of MVS and PTE and I hate that)

I think it depends. I know a lot of people who are more interested because of the legacy movie characters. You've gotta balance it. But the complete lack of older CN characters is kinda weird and something I hope they fix.

Black Adam over other dc characters, lebron for space jam 2, the more modern cn characters. Even Gizmo has a cartoon coming out
This is my biggest hang up so far.

I love Adventure Time and Steven Universe and I'm thrilled that anything CN got in at all, but I'm such a big mark for 90's-early 2000s Cartoon Network that if they completely leave those characters out or go for lesser versions of them like the 2016 reboot Powerpuff Girls, that doesn't leave a whole lot for me to be excited about among all the frankly bizarre random choices in the leak.

I think a WB platform fighter really should have focused on animation, due to the inherit slapstick nature of platform fighters, not stuff like LeBron James, Game of Thrones and Stranger Things. Like what the hell is this roster, this is just the Space Jam 2 "throw in everything who gives a damn" method again.

I know that's just me though, for all I know that's someone's dream roster.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In general, pandering to nostalgia is required by Nick to stay relevant, when Kids These Days™ would rather watch YouTube/TikTok, nothing it's currently airing has a notable adult fanbase, and show after show gets killed for not being an instant SpongeBob-tier hit.
Keep in mind that I am not referring to "nostalgia pandering" as a bad thing - to the contrary, I think it's a good thing to reintroduce earlier works to younger generations, especially by showing them in an equal (not higher OR lesser) light/context to their recent favourites, but it undeniably only has finanical value when your modern content isn't cutting it - that's why you didn't really see much Nick-stalgia until Stimpy and Rocko's cameos in Attack of the Toybots when the Schnieder sitcom factory was just starting up and making Nicktoons obsolete, and why CN just stopped seeking out nostalgia content for the most part when Adventure Time; Gumball; and Regular Show made it big, with their only reboots lately being either adult-centered or of IPs that are really easy to merchandise. (Scooby X Courage is a really odd outlier, and if that's a sign of things to come I don't know if that's a good or bad sign. Also not counting Johnny Bravo Bollywood or Fog of Courage because of their odd releases)

Last edited:
Top Bottom