• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, now that I've settled down, I've had a thought.

So far, multiple showcase days have strictly used characters that are strongly related to each other, first Leo and April for the TMNT series, and now Linc and Lucy. PTM was set aside for the time being since R&S had been revealed pretty quickly.

So, the only characters left for base game that would reasonably get that (besides the flimsy link between Reptar and Nigel's shows) is the Avatar cast. Only issue with that is that for the TMNT cast, Mikey's showcase wasn't shown until the day after Leo and April's.

Also, I'm glad that we only have a week left of this chaotic base speculation to go through, but I'm not looking forward to no-info-weekend.
To be fair, they could do Aang and Toph's showcases on the same day and Korra's the day after since technically, Korra's from a different show that takes place in the same universe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, they could do Aang and Toph's showcases on the same day and Korra's the day after since technically, Korra's from a different show that takes place in the same universe.
Yeah, except for one thing, we have about six days of showcase coverage left, if we include the game's launch. They'll have to figure something out, lest there be a character or two that players will have to blindly figure out how to play.

They haven't said, no. I feel like there may be a risk of them being datamined if they don't reveal them pre-launch though...
I assume they might do an announcement on the day of launch. Can't say for sure if there'll be any special coverage on IGN or any other website before this.

amageish

Smash Master
I assume they might do an announcement on the day of launch. Can't say for sure if there'll be any special coverage on IGN or any other website before this.
So we'd have the 2 free DLC characters announced on the same day as Smash's final DLC character? That'd be funny timing, but potentially the best outcome to avoid leaks...

Speaking of launch day, Best Buy seems to have pushed the physical release back 3 days to October 8th. It's unclear if this is an issue with Best Buy or the game in general though...
1632771634594.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So we'd have the 2 free DLC characters announced on the same day as Smash's final DLC character? That'd be funny timing, but potentially the best outcome to avoid leaks...

Speaking of launch day, Best Buy seems to have pushed the physical release back 3 days to October 8th. It's unclear if this is an issue with Best Buy or the game in general though...
View attachment 331812
I've pre-ordered my copy at a specialty store, so I'll be safe.

What I meant was, they'd do a post that says "2 bonus characters will be revealed tomorrow!", like the Nigel Twitter post we had a while back prior to Ren & Stimpy's unveiling.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I've pre-ordered my copy at a specialty store, so I'll be safe.
Speaking of pre-orders, after not being able to get the special edition of Metroid Dread and having to settle for the one with the dinky coffee mug from Walmart, I'm kinda glad Nick Brawl doesn't have any other editions because scalpers suck.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: And even some members of the Shredder's Revenge Discord are throwing shade on the animations now.

Lord almighty, please make the game's release encourage folks to actually put faith enough in this to help the content support enhance some aspects of the presentation. 🙏

Speaking of pre-orders, after not being able to get the special edition of Metroid Dread and having to settle for the one with the dinky coffee mug from Walmart, I'm kinda glad Nick Brawl doesn't have any other editions because scalpers suck.
I think we'd only need to worry about that if it was THQNordic publishing.

This reminds me, one can only imagine what The Cosmic Shake will come with. A concert stage like Scott Pilgrim's biggest deluxe KO edition that reenacts Sweet Victory?

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Just watched the new showcases. I really like Lincoln's idle animation where he confidently presses a button on a remote but then panics and rapidly presses it because it doesn't do anything, it's really charming and well animated.

also it'd be funny if he had a 1% chance to hit himself in the ankle when using the aerial scooter move and take like 30 damage as a result

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just watched the new showcases. I really like Lincoln's idle animation where he confidently presses a button on a remote but then panics and rapidly presses it because it doesn't do anything, it's really charming and well animated.

also it'd be funny if he had a 1% chance to hit himself in the ankle when using the aerial scooter move and take like 30 damage as a result
Same, also that victory dance he does makes me love him as my favourite Nick character:
lincolnDance2.gif

Love how he looks absolutely smug.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
At this point, I'll be surprised if they don't get datamined on release, given how leaky this game's been so far.
ooooh yeahhh the devs gotta be real careful patching things up before release. I wouldn't be surprised if a single string of code contained the name of an upcoming fighter. I really hope they get these leaks under control, I really want to be surprised by the DLC

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
ooooh yeahhh the devs gotta be real careful patching things up before release. I wouldn't be surprised if a single string of code contained the name of an upcoming fighter. I really hope they get these leaks under control, I really want to be surprised by the DLC
thankfully they're pulling from all over the place with references that even if every character from here on out got leaked, it'd still be fun discussing how they implement the characters and what they'd reference

amageish

Smash Master
The good news is that the DLC (beyond the 2 post-launch characters) won't begin development in any form until the game's post-launch patch/support period is settled and Ludosity has time to move on... which means they can't leak yet! And also any text leaks claiming to know the characters can be dismissed too...

If Timmy was a fighter, would he look like his design from the Jimmy Neutron/Oddparents crossover?
View attachment 331873
I am a person who loves crossovers and weird mash-ups; I recall being unable to get past how weird the Jimmy Neutron parts of the Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour looked when I saw it as a child...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The good news is that the DLC (beyond the 2 post-launch characters) won't begin development in any form until the game's post-launch patch/support period is settled and Ludosity has time to move on... which means they can't leak yet! And also any text leaks claiming to know the characters can be dismissed too...

I am a person who loves crossovers and weird mash-ups; I recall being unable to get past how weird the Jimmy Neutron parts of the Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour looked when I saw it as a child...
Jimmy looks different in Butch Hardman's style as well Goddard who looks cel-shaded.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Makin me wish Smash took this same approach to DLC transparency lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's jinx it: It's weird how the last two hadn't been leaked yet.
Honestly, I almost want this. Never mind if the rest of DLC stays air-tight, just rip off the band-aid already so that the Garfield leak talk can stop.

thankfully they're pulling from all over the place with references that even if every character from here on out got leaked, it'd still be fun discussing how they implement the characters and what they'd reference
Yeah, it's one thing to know who a character is in advance, but how they'll play is a different story. Barely anyone paid Lincoln any mind upon reveal, but once he finally got a showcase, his powerless :ultness: toolkit had them turn around a fair bit.

Come to think of it, it'd be fun to see someone draw him in a Splatfest with the Inklings.

Yeah, I don't want another incident like what we just got last weekend.

You know, I've recently had fun imagining how the characters might look in the other Nick shows' artstyles, it's just a shame that there probably aren't much people that have tried drawing that kind of thing.

Granted, Lolwutburger would have the "most-definitely-not-Butch-Hartman-style" department covered, but still.

I'll probably just pay attention to the game itself, Twitter account and not much else for a bit. Well, that and :ultluigi:'s Mansion 3, it's that time of the year.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's one thing to know who a character is in advance, but how they'll play is a different story. Barely anyone paid Lincoln any mind upon reveal, but once he finally got a showcase, his powerless :ultness: toolkit had them turn around a fair bit.
I feel like it's the same thing with Lucy; for me, until her showcase, she was just kind of there for me. But after her showcase? Not only do a lot of her moves compliment her being a goth and into the more macabre things, but they also made her running gag of just suddenly appearing seemingly out of nowhere into a cool teleporting move and gave her a stance system that keeps the macabre theme and also, as far as I can tell, seems to do the whole "stance fighter" concept better than CatDog!

In short, she's actually grown on me quite a bit thanks to her showcase!

Last edited:
Top Bottom