• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The Canucks are just dominating the Sharks right now. It's like all the action is taking place in front of the Sharks net. Vancouver will go up 2-0 after tonight.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Mike Smith is an absolute monster! Definitely some of the best goaltending I've seen thus far.

Empty net goal sealed the game, I believe.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
7 mother****ing 3. Go Nucks.

How about those ******s?

Canucks ******s are best ******s.

Edit - I can't say (.Y.), wow.

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
F*** The Lighting lost last night to Boston. This sucks so bad cause they were so close. The game was NO penalties and only one point was scored. And Boston scored it in the third period. I'm so mad!!!

Also this might be Rollen's last year as goallie. The guy saved so many goals. Unfortunately Stamkos let Boston past him. Probably cause he took a puck to the face earlier in the game. Should've seen it. It looked super painful.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yeah, that puck to the face did appear painful, and he even had a big blood stain after it occured.

I wanted Tampa to win as well, in fact in my bracket I had the Lightning vs. the Canucks. So close.

This should be a really good Stanley Cup Finals though. Luongo vs. Thomas, Chara, Sedin Brothers, Kesler, Marchand. It'll be a great series all around.

I'm pulling for the Canucks to take it in 7!

I wonder what crazy shinanigans Sully and Force have in store for the Finals?

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be the Devil's Advocate and cheer for the Bruins I guess... even if it would mean Toronto's 1st pick from Boston (Kaberle trade) would be even lower. But hell, between 29th and 30th, what's the difference. Would be happy for Kabby if he'd win it.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This series should be really good. I have a hunch Boston will take it, but then I feel like Vancover will win it as well. Very happy Game 1 is tonight. Also happy the NBA Finals takes place every other day of the Stanley Cup Finals. It's like a championship game every day between the two until June 15th if both go the full 7 games.

Edit: Game 1 was awsome last night. Great goaltending performances by Luongo and Thomas. 0-0 the whole game until the final 18 seconds. It was be nice is the whole series was defensive as game 1. Game 2 will be grand.

Edit 2: Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo are beasts in net. Awsome defense from both goaltenders. This Stanley Cup Final has created some agressive, defensive games. 0-0 in Game 3 after the 1st Period.

I really hope that Nathan Horton will be ok. That was a really hard hit.

Edit 3: A lot of aggression and taunting in this series. About 6-8 players were tossed in game 3.

Edit 4: The Canucks are playing sloppy now. Bruins are up 8-1. I'm predicting the home team will win each game. Looking forward to Game 4 on Wednesday night.

Edit 5: Boston up 3-0 in game 4 in the 2nd period. Looks like the series is going to be evened up. I wonder if Boston has Vancouver figured out. Then again, this could very well be like the 2003 Stanely Cup Finals where the home team was dominant in every game.

Edit 6: Series tied 2-2 going back to Vancouver. I wonder how the Canucks are going to bounce back from the Game 4 loss? The Bruins just dominated the last two games. Luckily for the Canucks they don't have to win in Boston to get the Stanley Cup.

PF9

Smash Lord
what better topic for the SWF pool room than one of the most violent sports, hockey?

I hope the Canucks pull it off. Aaron Rome may have just landed himself a spot in the next Smash as well, possibly as DC.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Really looking forward to Game 5 of this series. It'll be interesting to see if Boston actually has Vancouver figured out or if the Canucks just need a change in venue to get them going again. Tim Thomas has been very dominant and aggressive in this series and he likely will continue to do so. It's tough to win games against a goaltender playing net as well as he has, and not just in the Stanley Cup Finals, but throughout the entire playoffs.

Game 5 is a must win for Vancouver in my opinion. Even in the two wins the Canucks have the Bruins have pushed them to the brink.

PF9

Smash Lord
Game 5 tonight...

Whoever wins is likely in control of the series

---

How many fights do you think will occur tonight? The violence is one of my favorite parts of hockey.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Just turned on the television. 0-0 going into the 3rd period of game 5. Couldn't be any better. Looks like Tim Thomas is still in his "Brick Wall" status. 1 goal allowed in the last 8 periods in this series is crazy good.

Edit 1: Wow! Is anyone watching this game on CBC? They just showed the crowd outside Rogers Arena. The streets are crowded with Canucks fans. The crowd is hyped. Canucks up 1-0.

PF9

Smash Lord
Just turned on the television. 0-0 going into the 3rd period of game 5. Couldn't be any better. Looks like Tim Thomas is still in his "Brick Wall" status. 1 goal allowed in the last 8 periods in this series is crazy good.

Edit 1: Wow! Is anyone watching this game on CBC? They just showed the crowd outside Rogers Arena. The streets are crowded with Canucks fans. The crowd is hyped. Canucks up 1-0.
I wish I had CBC.

One thing is for sure - Canucks up 3-2.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This game was very defensive. That creative offensive setup for Lapierre's goal was vital for Vancouver. It's plays like that which are needed to beat Tim Thomas. Luongo had a great game as well. I'm calling for Boston to win game 6 at home and then for the Canucks take game 7 at home for the Stanley Cup. This series is one of the best I've seen in awhile. If it goes to 7 it will be somewhat of a commonity in the Stanley Cup Finals.

2001: Avalance beat Devils in 7
2003: Devils beat Ducks in 7
2004: Lightning beat Flames in 7
2006: Hurricanes beat Oilers in 7
2009: Penguins over Red Wings in 7

Yeah, CBC is awsome. Jim Hughson is my favorite NHL commentator. Watching The National right now. The fans are going nuts outside the arena and in numbers.

Lol just saw a fan in a chicken suit wearing a Canucks jersey.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The energy in this city is overwhelming! I haven't felt this optimistic about sports since the Olympics!

I should really go to downtown for the next two games.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I would soo go if I were you, that is if a Game 7 does occur. It isn't very often a championship game comes to a city; therefore this might be the only opportunity in some time to have an everlasting memory for the rest of your life; especially if the Canucks hoist the Stanley Cup.

If the Canucks do win in 7 games I wonder what Sully and Force are going to do to celebrate.

Really looking forward to Game 6 on Monday night. Until then I will enjoy Game 6 of the NBA Finals. That too has been an awsome championship series.

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
I was in downtown Mtl last night, watching the game in a bar-terasse. Couple the fact that Mtl is in Canada, with the natural hate of the Bruins, and all that on the F1 Montreal Grand Prix weekend... Yeah it was pretty loud for a non-Canadiens game.

Of course, those idiots started to sing the "Ole-ole" chants... **** I hate that song...

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Game 6 starts not to long from now. Definately have my popcorn ready for this one.

Edit 1: Bruins are already up 2-0 seven minutes into Game 6. This game has disaster written all over it for the Canucks, especially with Tim "The Brick Wall" Thomas in net. Looks like there will be a Game 7 afterall. Granted it's still early, but for as defensive as these two teams have been all series, coming back from a 2-0 hole, especially on the road seems improbable.

Edit 2: 3-0 Bruins. Luongo just got pulled and now Schnieder is in. I wonder why Luongo has struggled so badly at The Garden this series. At Rogers Arena in 3 games he has only allowed 2 goals, but in 2 1/3 games in Boston has allowed 15 goals. Ouch!

Edit 3: 4-0. Get ready for Game 7.

Edit 4: I'm pulling for the Canucks to win this series, but I love watching Tim Thomas make beastly saves. Definately one of my favorite goaltenders.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Game 7 on Wednesday night! Can't get any better than this in the Stanley Cup Finals. Really looking forward to this game in front of an electric Rogers Arena.

I have no intuition as to who is going to win the cup. Vancouver is dominant at home and will have the crowd on their side; however Boston has been in every game they've lost and dominted every game they have won. It's really strange how playing at home makes a big impact on a team's performance.

I want to see a 1-1 or 0-0 game go into Overtime, and I want to see 4 OT's at a minimum for the most epic Stanley Cup Game 7 of all time. This is definately going to be a game to remember no matter what happens.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't understand how that Vancouver goalie sucks so much in Boston, but rocks at home. You figure that many bad games would get into his head.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bruins up 1-0, they take an early lead!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's not looking good for the Canucks. Bottom of the third's coming up.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Congrats to the Boston Bruins on their Stanley Cup victory. It was a hard fought series overall. Hard to believe they won 3 Game 7's to do it.

PF9

Smash Lord
I was hoping the Cup could come back to Canada...there's always next year. Then again, the same thing is said every year.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well that was crap.

Riots made the whole thing worse. People were drinking booze, climbing on the portable toilets, smoking weed, climbing the light posts. I was wondering the whole time where the police were.

Overall, that last game was really...sad. Canucks fans didn't start the riot. They got out of there as fast as they could. Criminals did, and I hope they get the justice.

Sorry world. That wasn't Vancouver.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, really disappointed with the riots. I mean...I'm a passionate basketball fan, but c'mon...stabbings and cars set on fire?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
That was disappointing because it makes Canucks fans and the city of Vancouver look bad, and all because of a few dumb idiots like Darkslash said.

Overall I love watching the fanbase of Canuck fans. They've been very supportive of their team for years. I remember watching a playoff game on CBC in either 2008 or 2009 when the Canucks swept some team in the first round. The fans were very excited and happy for their team, and after seeing that passion it made me want to root for Vancouver the rest of the way.

Top Bottom