• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Hey!

So I couldn't help but notice that there wasn't any thread about this year's playoffs... and what a playoff it's been so far! So yeah, come here if you want to talk about all of this year's Stanley Cup's happenings!

Looking forward for tonight's massive Mtl-Bos game, and if Chicago can be the 2nd team in as many years to come back from a 3-0 deficit. Great night of hockey ahead!

So if you have a playoff beard like me for no reason (my team's out), come post! :bee:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
For sure cheering for Chicago~ Especially since the Rangers are out :/ Whatever...the Caps are an amazing team, especially with Ovechkin. And I'll be happy as long as I don't see the Penguins in the finals.

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Well, definitely not happy with the Habs-Bruins game result... but I guess it ups the drama for tomorrow. I just hope the refs don't decide the game like they did tonight.

On another note, nice to see the Flyers finally waking up I suppose... and TB should take it tomorrow, so don't worry about the Pens :p

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Hey!

So if you have a playoff beard like me for no reason (my team's out), come post! :bee:
:urg: My team is out as well (Anaheim Ducks). Oh well, at least these playoffs have been awsome so far. I seriously can't believe Chicago has come all the way back to tie the series with Vancouver. If the Blackhawks take it this will be one serious, unbelievable meltdown. I'm still thinking Vancouver takes it. I wish I had VS. so I could watch it.

I love the crowd in all these games. The NHL really has some passionate fans. When watching Game 5 of MTL vs. BOS last Saturday it was cool hearing the crowds reaction to nearly every play.

Edit: Yes! The Blackhawks/Canucks game is on CBC! Going to be an epic game.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully the Red Wings can go all the way this year. If not, go Penguins I suppose.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The Blackhawks tied the game 1-1 with 1:53 remaining in the 3rd! Game 7 now headed to OT. This game is going to have an epic finish.

Awsome. Game 7 between the defending Stanely Cup Champions and the Presidents Cup Winner, Overtime with no commercials, and Jim Hughson calling the game. Can't get much better.

Go Canucks!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Really don't care much about Hockey, but I always root for the Ducks to the link they hold with the Mighty Ducks show.

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Hahahah good old Mighty Ducks... kinda sad that their eliminated, but I'm happy for Nashville, what with all the hardships they had to endure the past decade... It's insane that this is their first conference semi-final when you think of how successful this team has been in the regular season in the past.

But man-o-man, unbelievable finish to the Van-Chi series eh? When the Nucks got that penalty in OT, I was sure that was it, and was already imagining how livid Mike Gillis was going to be with the media... Crisis averted.

So we will officially have new champions! Your predictions? I'm predicting the Wings in the West and Washington in the East. Predictions, mind you, not preferences... lol althought I wouldn't mind seeing Ovi lift the Cup.

D

Deleted member

Will the Penguins pull it off tonight? I'm going to say they'll win in overtime.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
If Vancouver wouldn't have slumped so bad in Round 1 I would without a doubt predict them to win the Stanley Cup. Now I'm somewhat wondering if they can make it out of the West. I still believe they can, but that confidence has subsided a little. Despite this though I'm still picking Vancouver over Detroit in the West and then Tampa Bay over Philadelphia in the East.

I had made a bracket in a PM long ago before the playoffs started. Here it is.

Round 1:
Capitals over Rangers 4-2
Flyers over Sabres 4-1
Bruins over Canadiens 4-3
Lightning over Penguins 4-3
Canucks over Blackhawks 4-1
Sharks over Kings 4-2
Red Wings over Coyotes 4-2
Ducks over Predators 4-3

Round 2:
Lightning over Capitals 4-3
Flyers over Bruins 4-2
Canucks over Ducks 4-2
Red Wings over Sharks 4-3

Conference Finals:
Lightning over Flyers 4-1
Canucks over Red Wings 4-1

Stanley Cup:
Canucks over Lightning 4-2

I'm still going to ride with my predictions with the teams I still have alive. Looking forward to a pair of Game 7's tonight! It's awsome that 50% of the 1st Round series matchups have been Game 7's.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Reallyyyyyy hoping the Lightning pull it off tonight.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lightning over Penguins, 1-0! What's up!

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Holy ****! People are mad as hell here (I'm studying in Mtl right now)... Gwaahahahaha!! Love it. But yeah... Flyers should be able to easily handle the B's.

Only caught the 3rd period of the TB-Pit game, hehe when the ref called the PIM at the end there, I was looking forward for another OT thriller... Good job for Guy Boucher; I really think he should win the Jack this year. His team is one of the most entertaining to watch, especially on the PP.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I was pulling for Montreal. Oh well, it was a great series and one with a lot of tension between the two teams.

I'm not too good at predicting, but my bracket is looking very good right now. The Ducks were the only team that I got wrong (Of course my favorite NHL team).

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Oh crap! For some reason I though Vancouver and Nashville were starting tomorrow... damnit, I missed the first 2 periods.

These exams need to end now!!!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yes! Lightning win game 1. Steven Stamkos is a beast. Now if the Sharks win tonight I'll be even more happy, even though I predicted the Red Wings to win the series.

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Crap, didn't watch any of the games last night... I was too drunk out of my damn mind. But at least now I'm FRICKIN' done my exams and school, and I don't have to watch the games while reading papers on how to do bird physicals :psycho:

Were they good games or were they the standard match 1 of a new series?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The games were basically standard to lead off a series. Nothing special to note.

Alright! The Canucks take a 1-0 lead. Alex Burrows is carrying the Canucks. He saved Vancouver in Game 7 against Chicago.

Luongo playing very good tonight. Making a lot of great saves.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Nashville shouldn't of taken a game from us, but we'll win the set. Rinne's the only reason NV still has a fighting chance. I think the question's more; "Detroit or San Jose?". Both teams will give us a hard time but it's really hard to call who's gonna be eliminated. Detroit have always been good but they're getting hella old, though San Jose seem like they'll be the sleepers this year imo.

Either way Nucks got some nice games ahead.

GO CANUCKS GO.

Beat!

Smash Master
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Vancouver and Nashville are tied 2-2 and going into overtime. Should be a grand finish. Hard to believe there have been 17 OT games so far in this year's playoffs. It feels like there has been one every day as of late.

Alright! Lightning have a 3-0 series on Capitals.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Keeeeeslerrrrrrrrrrr yeeeeeah. Nucks got this for sure.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
LOL CANUCKS

Lightning are destroying the Caps 3 games to none, here's hoping for a clean sweep. Albeit close games, it's still a tremendous lead.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'm hoping Lightning sweep caps tonight, I love ovi but my friend's homo for him. Like ****.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yes! Red Wings lost. Get the sweep Sharks. Once again another night of OT hockey. Hard to believe there could be 3 Round 2 Sweeps.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
If Sharks sweep Red Wings Nucks are gonna have some intense games.. Looking forward to it for sure though.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I sure hope Vancover can win it all this year. It seems like every year they look real strong going into the playoffs and then choke in round 2. Off all the teams the past few years I've felt bad for the Canucks the most. This series against Nashville has been intense. I think the Canucks pull it off though. Nashville was lucky to get the game 2 victory with that OT goal on Luongo.

Your right about the Sharks though. No matter who comes out of the Van/Nash series San Jose will be a tough matchup. Granted the Red Wings are not out, but coming out of a 3-0 is very difficult. I don't see it happening. Looking forward to Game 4 of Vancouver vs. Nashville.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I love NHL. I hate the swedish hockey leagues cause all the teams suck. All the good swedish players move on to the NHL (Red Wings :troll: )

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Yo... I've been at home for a week's vacation, and haven't got any time to post, but I sure as hell watched a lot of hockey :)

Looks like Guy Boucher is on a mission to prove he should've been nominated for Jack for sure. I wouldn't of said this at the beginning of the playoffs, but I now favor TB over the Bs (and I'm personally cheering for the Lightning hehehe). And as for the West, Shark/Nucks is a formality, and THIS will be the series to follow!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Shark/Nucks is gonna be what's up soon, grab a beer and get ready to scream and yell.

:awesome:

Lightning are actually doing pretty decent, they're one of teams I like this year.

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Yeah I can't wait for round 3, cause honestly round 2 has been a letdown. All the match-ups (aside maybe from Van-Nash, and even then) has been kinda anti-climatic. Especially after the epicness of round 1.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Amazing. The Red Wings might wind up pulling a reverse sweep on the San Jose Sharks. It has been a close series all along, but coming back to win 4 games in a row is still difficult no matter what. If it does happen I'll have 3/4 teams correct in my Frozen Four.

Yeah! 700th post.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Now we just need to beat Sharks and we can potentially take it this year.

GO CANUCKS GO.

Top Bottom