• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey bro there's an issue with Diddy's costumes
Selecting Tuxedo Diddy makes Dixie appear on stage, also if you select Dixie the game freezes on the loading screen.
I actually just found this out after a few games with my roommates like an hour ago. It'll be fixed in this update.

Uploading the new version now. I'm not making a patch for this one, I feel like I missed some things in the past few patches that could be causing some issues so I'm just uploading the entire new thing. The latest changes are mostly just costume changes and one stage update (HD Peach 64). I also just fixed the Yoshi's Island Final Boss theme on Bowser's Castle, the BRSTM for that way waaaay too loud and kinda crappy anyway, put in a better remix.

I've updated the first post but the download isn't updated yet. I'll edit the title once it is.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I actually just found this out after a few games with my roommates like an hour ago. It'll be fixed in this update.

Uploading the new version now. I'm not making a patch for this one, I feel like I missed some things in the past few patches that could be causing some issues so I'm just uploading the entire new thing. The latest changes are mostly just costume changes and one stage update (HD Peach 64). I also just fixed the Yoshi's Island Final Boss theme on Bowser's Castle, the BRSTM for that way waaaay too loud and kinda crappy anyway, put in a better remix.

I've updated the first post but the download isn't updated yet. I'll edit the title once it is.
So that means I'll have to download the entire build to fix the Diddy problem?

If there's no other way I think I'll do it, I just have to replace my current Diddy folder with yours, right?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So that means I'll have to download the entire build to fix the Diddy problem?

If there's no other way I think I'll do it, I just have to replace my current Diddy folder with yours, right?
If you just want to fix that, I can PM you a hotfix. I wanted to make a patch for this update but I changed so many files, making sure I get all of them is ridiculous.

Juancarlos23

Smash Rookie
Another thing I noticed is that one of Samus's Battle Potrait is Doctor Mario instead of her actual Battle potrait when you fight. You know the pictures that show next to the percentage bar of the fight. Don't think its that major of an issue anyway

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Another thing I noticed is that one of Samus's Battle Potrait is Doctor Mario instead of her actual Battle potrait when you fight. You know the pictures that show next to the percentage bar of the fight. Don't think its that major of an issue anyway
Well that's unusual. I'll fix that up for the next patch. Do you remember exactly which Samus? I just checked the files and they seem alright.

EDIT: Just checked in-game too, no issues here. Are you using the latest version?

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
For some reason I can't download this, I have tried all day and all night for the download to finish. It says it is done and when I open it the download says it is corrupt or broken. Other times it will stay frozen at a certain percent for too long. I am downloading it from Media Fire.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I can't download this, I have tried all day and all night for the download to finish. It says it is done and when I open it the download says it is corrupt or broken. Other times it will stay frozen at a certain percent for too long. I am downloading it from Media Fire.
I'll check it out.

EDIT: I just downloaded it to check, and everything's fine on my end. It might be your connection cutting out or something, especially if you're downloading over wireless rather than ethernet.

Last edited:

Cat Nip

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone has said this yet. But Paper Luigi's shield doesn't show up.

Also in the random stage select there isn't the full list, just shows the normal list. It even has the original names of changed stages like Spear Tower or whatever says "Saffron City" etc. Not sure if that can be changed or not but just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone has said this yet. But Paper Luigi's shield doesn't show up.

Also in the random stage select there isn't the full list, just shows the normal list. It even has the original names of changed stages like Spear Tower or whatever says "Saffron City" etc. Not sure if that can be changed or not but just thought I'd mention it.
I haven't really bothered with the random stage select since Random is borked by the stage expansion code anyway. I haven't noticed the issue with Luigi, I'll take a look at it though.

kourama

Smash Rookie
I haven't really bothered with the random stage select since Random is borked by the stage expansion code anyway. I haven't noticed the issue with Luigi, I'll take a look at it though.
The paper Luigi model has that issue as well as paper Mario.

On another note can you tell me how you got that adventure wario model to work? Each time I used the costume manager or copied the model into the proper folder it would never load it. How did ou get it to work?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
The paper Luigi model has that issue as well as paper Mario.

On another note can you tell me how you got that adventure wario model to work? Each time I used the costume manager or copied the model into the proper folder it would never load it. How did ou get it to work?
Hmm. They're great models, but that's actually a pretty big issue. I might just remove them both.
EDIT: Restored Dr. Mario over Paper Mario, and replaced Paper Luigi with Weegee.

That's exactly what I did for Wario and it just worked. I dunno.

Could you make a list of which BRSTM ID's are associated with each stage?
If I get some time, sure, but it's not a priority at the moment since things are changing constantly. Use the Song Manager in the meantime.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
This looks pretty schweet... But where exactly do I put this file on my SD card? Do I have to replace any Project M files, or do I just put it onto the root of my SD card and do nothing else? (letterbomb)

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
This looks pretty schweet... But where exactly do I put this file on my SD card? Do I have to replace any Project M files, or do I just put it onto the root of my SD card and do nothing else? (hackless method [letterbomb])
Remove any previous Project M installations and install this the same way. The directories should look exactly the same as they used to, only with my files instead of the originals.

You should be alright just copying over, but I can't guarantee it, so I'd recommend clearing off the card first.

Last edited:

kourama

Smash Rookie
Hmm. They're great models, but that's actually a pretty big issue. I might just remove them both.
EDIT: Restored Dr. Mario over Paper Mario, and replaced Paper Luigi with Weegee.

That's exactly what I did for Wario and it just worked. I dunno.

If I get some time, sure, but it's not a priority at the moment since things are changing constantly. Use the Song Manager in the meantime.
What program do you use to change the models?

By the way the models for yoshi are screwed up again, starting from the black one till the pirate one.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
What program do you use to change the models?

By the way the models for yoshi are screwed up again, starting from the black one till the pirate one.
Mostly this, but it doesn't work well for Project M + Cbliss so I change the expanded costumes manually and use BrawlBox to change common5, InfFace## and all that.

Oh god dammit.

EDIT: Fixed. I'll throw it in the next patch this weekend.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Remove any previous Project M installations and install this the same way. The directories should look exactly the same as they used to, only with my files instead of the originals.

You should be alright just copying over, but I can't guarantee it, so I'd recommend clearing off the card first.
Wait, so your build automatically comes with Project M?

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
I tried to do something as simple as change the song titles on a handful of songs, and when I went to a stage where I'd changed them, the game froze.

Also, is there any way to change which stages appear when you random (of the ones that don't appear on the random stage selection)?

How might I use just the character skin expansion and not anything else?

Thanks in advance.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
^That's because your song names are too long.
Try keeping them as short as possible, if necessary, remove words like '(melee)' or something like that from some stages so it doesn't freeze.

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
^That's because your song names are too long.
Try keeping them as short as possible, if necessary, remove words like '(melee)' or something like that from some stages so it doesn't freeze.
Is the length measured in characters or pixels?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I tried to do something as simple as change the song titles on a handful of songs, and when I went to a stage where I'd changed them, the game froze.

Also, is there any way to change which stages appear when you random (of the ones that don't appear on the random stage selection)?

How might I use just the character skin expansion and not anything else?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure about the song titles, but it likely has something to do with the length as stated. When changing titles in the song manager, keep them short. The longer ones I have in there are pushing the limits already.

Unfortunately, random stage select is broken by the stage expansion code. If I get a chance I can make a modified common5.pac and GCT codeset that will apply just the costume expansion but will still include the 64 HD stages and the Corneria/Sector Z switch. If that's not important to you, you can take pf/system/common5.pac, menu/common, info/portrite, and pf/fighter from my build, download stock Project M, and replace the files in PM with the files you copied from my build. Then you can apply the CBliss Tool to the PM code set (RSBE01.GCT).

Just to clarify on some of that stuff, the new version has some fun changes. With the help of @ Rage83 Rage83 I was able to finish the HD SSB64 stages I was working on (the only stage of his I took directly was Dreamland with the 3D background, the rest of the stages were modified using textures from the SSB64 HD mod, many of which he had already compiled so I imported a lot of his textures). The only one that's still pretty meh is Zebes (well, and The Beginning, if that counts), but due to the stage structure, it honestly looked like crap when I tried to update the textures.

Aside from the HD textures and all that, I swapped Metal Cavern and Corneria (still in the same places on the SSS). Since Metal Cavern took up both Mushroomy Kingdom slots, I made it so that Corneria and Sector Z are each on one of these slots instead (HD Sector Z of course, and resized to be the exact same stage as Corneria with a different background and music). This did have the side effect of removing some music tracks from Metal Cavern, but oh well, no big deal.

I've also tried optimizing a few stages in BrawlBox (Geothermal Plant, Boxing Ring, I think something else too but I forget). I haven't tried them on an actual Wii just yet, but theoretically the lag should be drastically reduced now.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Is the 3D background for Dream Land working for you, NFreak? If not, then you might be missing my filesize fix. I'll upload it separately so then I don't have to reupload my build for just one stage.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
There's an issue with Custom Stage 01, it loads some random obscure song from the game. It's not really important, but I'd be glad if you could tell me the code for the song to replace in that stage.

Also, I think someone already told you...but Yoshi's colors are mixed up again.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Is the 3D background for Dream Land working for you, NFreak? If not, then you might be missing my filesize fix. I'll upload it separately so then I don't have to reupload my build for just one stage.
It seems to be working fine but I haven't tested it for more than a minute or two. That'd be awesome, thanks!

There's an issue with Custom Stage 01, it loads some random obscure song from the game. It's not really important, but I'd be glad if you could tell me the code for the song to replace in that stage.

Also, I think someone already told you...but Yoshi's colors are mixed up again.
I just fixed Yoshi, I'll push that out this weekend. I'll check out the music issue right now.
EDIT: It seems fine to me. You're sure it's 01?

Last edited:

PlayingRobot

Smash Rookie
NNID
JM
3DS FC
1263-6784-7845
NFreak, the Changelog says you changed WhiteZard for Rayquaza-colored Zard, but you actually changed it for MegaZard Y

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
NFreak, the Changelog says you changed WhiteZard for Rayquaza-colored Zard, but you actually changed it for MegaZard Y
I got lazy with the latest changelog. That's from the one before the latest. :p
I'll probably just go through and update the entire costume/stage/music lists over spring break. I don't really have the time this term, trying to work on this around two massive projects is already tricky enough as is.

Yes, well it must be something about my custom songs then.
Could you just tell me what's the song code you use for that stage?
The file is X06.brstm. I'm not quite sure about the GCT code though, it's tricky to check that.

Last edited:

kourama

Smash Rookie
Mostly this, but it doesn't work well for Project M + Cbliss so I change the expanded costumes manually and use BrawlBox to change common5, InfFace## and all that.

Oh god dammit.

EDIT: Fixed. I'll throw it in the next patch this weekend.
That's the same program I use but importing the models over Wario or Green Mario would never load them when I played the game.

By the way, the Cupid pit I sent isnt working as it should in the last update you put up. The model needs to be in the proper place (03 if I remember correctly) as the heart effects are specifically set to show on the 03 model once you input the fitpit file.

Last thing is that you should consider the fitmario file for PM that adds effects to both Ice Mario and Fire Mario since you are using Dr. Mario still. There is also one for Mewtwo that adds elements as well. It is in Kirby's topic here in custom content.

I will add the link shortly.

Edit: I meant KingJigglypuff. Here is the link.
http://smashboards.com/threads/king...updated-to-v3-01-and-mega-charizard-x.344281/

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
That's the same program I use but importing the models over Wario or Green Mario would never load them when I played the game.

By the way, the Cupid pit I sent isnt working as it should in the last update you put up. The model needs to be in the proper place (03 if I remember correctly) as the heart effects are specifically set to show on the 03 model once you input the fitpit file.

Last thing is that you should consider the fitmario file for PM that adds effects to both Ice Mario and Fire Mario since you are using Dr. Mario still. There is also one for Mewtwo that adds elements as well. It is in Kirby's topic here in custom content.

I will add the link shortly.

Edit: I meant KingJigglypuff. Here is the link.
http://smashboards.com/threads/king...updated-to-v3-01-and-mega-charizard-x.344281/
Interesting. No idea what's going on with Wario and Mario. Replacing the files should work fine.

I know, I couldn't figure out how to move the effects to the last custom slot though and I don't want to shuffle around the defaults too much. I wasn't a big fan of the effects anyway, but the model's much better than the one I was using before.

I actually have the Mario PAC in there already for those effects. Thanks though!

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, random stage select is broken by the stage expansion code. If I get a chance I can make a modified common5.pac and GCT codeset that will apply just the costume expansion but will still include the 64 HD stages and the Corneria/Sector Z switch. If that's not important to you, you can take pf/system/common5.pac, menu/common, info/portrite, and pf/fighter from my build, download stock Project M, and replace the files in PM with the files you copied from my build. Then you can apply the CBliss Tool to the PM code set (RSBE01.GCT).
I did exactly that and the characters and portraits work, but some of the stage names and portraits are still overwritten. How do I fix this?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I did exactly that and the characters and portraits work, but some of the stage names and portraits are still overwritten. How do I fix this?
Oh ****, I'm stupid. You'll want to open common5.pac in BrawlBox, right click the middle package (sc_selcharacter2 I believe it's called), Export it (NOT Export All), then open a stock Project M common5.pac in Brawlbox and right click -> Replace this package with the one you exported.

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, I'm stupid. You'll want to open common5.pac in BrawlBox, right click the middle package (sc_selcharacter2 I believe it's called), Export it (NOT Export All), then open a stock Project M common5.pac in Brawlbox and right click -> Replace this package with the one you exported.
sc_selcharacter2_en is the first one. Is this what I want? The middle one is sc_selcharacter_en.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
It's been a little quiet around here, I've been pretty busy with other stuff and haven't really found anything I wanted to replace in the build for a while. Still, I'll be pushing out an update tonight or tomorrow (with a patch) with some stage updates (removed Molgera's Room, after playtesting it was just way too massive, replaced with Cool Cool Mountain) and a couple costume updates/bug fixes.

210stuna

Smash Lord
nfREAK I noticed a lot of lag on a couple stages, and some of them did not even load.
Yesterday was the first day I actually played with some friends on your build and I was scared to click on stages.

Top Bottom