• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
nfREAK I noticed a lot of lag on a couple stages, and some of them did not even load.
Yesterday was the first day I actually played with some friends on your build and I was scared to click on stages.
Which ones lagged, and which didn't load? I know Geothermal Plant has some lag issues when using alternate costumes. It's an awesome stage but I might have to get rid of it because of that.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Which ones lagged, and which didn't load? I know Geothermal Plant has some lag issues when using alternate costumes. It's an awesome stage but I might have to get rid of it because of that.
The Bowser Chandler one, Ganon's Tower lagged pretty bad. There may be a few more, I can't remember on top of my head.

I will edit any more when I remember them when replacing them. I know that G&W stage froze one time, but then I tried it again on accident and it did not. The Green Dragon stage on the 2nd page froze as well.

My friend wanted to know why there were walls on the training stage that you put in there?
He couldn't kill me because I kept on teching off the wall haha

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Where are Ike's voice files located? I'm trying to revert them back to the original.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Where are Ike's voice files located? I'm trying to revert them back to the original.
pf/sfx

The Bowser Chandler one, Ganon's Tower lagged pretty bad. There may be a few more, I can't remember on top of my head.

I will edit any more when I remember them when replacing them. I know that G&W stage froze one time, but then I tried it again on accident and it did not. The Green Dragon stage on the 2nd page froze as well.

My friend wanted to know why there were walls on the training stage that you put in there?
He couldn't kill me because I kept on teching off the wall haha
Okay, those are the few I kind of expected. Ganondorf's Tower uses a buttload of models for the blocks, and Bowser's Keep is iffy. I can't really do much about the Tower, but I'll see if I can optimize BK at all.

Not really sure about Outer Wall. I'll check it out. Last time I checked it was working fine, it may have been a one time thing though, like Flat Zone. Do you remember what costumes you were using? That could also have been an issue.

Walls where exactly? On the sides of the platform? I didn't make the stage, I just redid the textures. :p

kourama

Smash Rookie
pf/sfx

Okay, those are the few I kind of expected. Ganondorf's Tower uses a buttload of models for the blocks, and Bowser's Keep is iffy. I can't really do much about the Tower, but I'll see if I can optimize BK at all.

Not really sure about Outer Wall. I'll check it out. Last time I checked it was working fine, it may have been a one time thing though, like Flat Zone. Do you remember what costumes you were using? That could also have been an issue.

Walls where exactly? On the sides of the platform? I didn't make the stage, I just redid the textures. :p
Project M training stage has walls, so you can only really kill enemies by hitting them straight up or a meteor off the stage.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Project M training stage has walls, so you can only really kill enemies by hitting them straight up or a meteor off the stage.
I just went and removed those collisions. You can die in all 4 directions now!

210stuna

Smash Lord
The green dragon is on the second page, that's the stage that freezes
The one on the first wall has that Mario looking guy riding the dragon with the white ghost people.

I can't even open the green dragon stage on the second page, because it freezes when you click it.
I had 4 players on random when selecting Game and Watch's stage, but I'm only using wifi safe textures. Shun's Vibrant and Smash 3 textures to be exact.

Another stage that lags is the Ridely stage on the first page.

EDIT: I feel like I addressed this already as well, but the aurora lights on the Summit stage flicker off and on, a certain texture does this, and it looks weird. The same thing goes for the Metal Cavern stage too, the background is totally distorted.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
The green dragon is on the second page, that's the stage that freezes
The one on the first wall has that Mario looking guy riding the dragon with the white ghost people.

I can't even open the green dragon stage on the second page, because it freezes when you click it.
I had 4 players on random when selecting Game and Watch's stage, but I'm only using wifi safe textures. Shun's Vibrant and Smash 3 textures to be exact.

Another stage that lags is the Ridely stage on the first page.

EDIT: I feel like I addressed this already as well, but the aurora lights on the Summit stage flicker off and on, a certain texture does this, and it looks weird. The same thing goes for the Metal Cavern stage too, the background is totally distorted.
Oh, Embedded Tower. Gotcha. I'll look into it, it could be that one of the three versions it could load isn't working properly.

I know about the lag on Geothermal Plant, unfortunately I can't really do much. I tried optimizing it and I completely screwed it up so I had to revert it. The guy was working on another Metroid stage with a similar layout, but he never released it. If it ever gets released I'll switch it over right away.

No idea about Metal Cavern. It's completely find on my end. Summit will be replaced (with a balanced version of the original stage - no movement, grabbable ledges, etc) with this weekend's patch, so that should fix any flickering issues.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine down the hall just showed me the issue you were talking about with Metal Cavern. I'll see if I can fix that up, I have an idea of what's wrong.

I just tested everything else pretty thoroughly, and all three variants of Embedded Tower seem to be working for me. Just to be safe, I'll include it in tonight's patch.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Let me know if you fix the issue with Metal Cavern. I personally have never had it, but apparently some others have.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Let me know if you fix the issue with Metal Cavern. I personally have never had it, but apparently some others have.
I noticed that Background.png was 700x700, while the default background is 256x256. I just changed that and I'll give it a go on my friend's system to see if that fixed it.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I like that one, I had it when it was relevant.
It's not like a deal breaker or anything ya know.

With your HD textures, it will look the best out of all them. You're including the blast zones from 3.02 and the new camera right?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I like that one, I had it when it was relevant.
It's not like a deal breaker or anything ya know.

With your HD textures, it will look the best out of all them. You're including the blast zones from 3.02 and the new camera right?
Of course.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Nice. I need that update for Meta Cavern, badly. Using the included 2.6b camera and blast zones atm. :(

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Nice. I need that update for Meta Cavern, badly. Using the included 2.6b camera and blast zones atm. :(
The one I linked to is already using the 3.0 stuff apparently, I cross checked it with the one in stock PM 3.02. I'm uploading the new build and patch now, which includes this stage with the updated textures from the version I was using previously (keep in mind it'll be STGDXCORNERIA, I switched it so that Corneria and Sector Z can use the same map slot).

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I'm going to go download it now, but you should think about making a patch for users that already have the regular Project M, if that's even possible.

This seems awesome, thanks for making it!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I don't know if you've noticed, but everytime I open the folder with Stage Manager it displays the following message: 'More than one custom SSS code found in the codeset. All but the last one will be ignored'
Not sure if it's related, but when I select a stage in the SSS the controllers keep vibrating during 3-5 seconds like the game is frozen...then the match finally begins.
All of the stages work, it is just that most of them have this loading lag problem.
Do you know what could be causing it of how to solve it?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you've noticed, but everytime I open the folder with Stage Manager it displays the following message: 'More than one custom SSS code found in the codeset. All but the last one will be ignored'
Not sure if it's related, but when I select a stage in the SSS the controllers keep vibrating during 3-5 seconds like the game is frozen...then the match finally begins.
All of the stages work, it is just that most of them have this loading lag problem.
Do you know what could be causing it of how to solve it?
I've seen that popup, but it doesn't seem to have any affect. I'm really not sure about that loading issue though, I've never seen it myself.

I'm going to go download it now, but you should think about making a patch for users that already have the regular Project M, if that's even possible.

This seems awesome, thanks for making it!
At this point, I've changed so much that making a patch for stock PM would probably shave off at most like 50 MB from the main download.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Finally got it to work about an hour and a half ago. This is extremely impressive, and the new stages are great! Nice job!

How many people helped make this?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Finally got it to work about an hour and a half ago. This is extremely impressive, and the new stages are great! Nice job!

How many people helped make this?
Thanks! I have no idea, I didn't keep track of who made the models and stages, but most could be found on BrawlVault. I just pieced it all together. I put together about 1/4 of the BRSTM music tracks in use and retextured some things (HD Peach's Castle, Project M Training Room), but that's all I can really take credit for.

Also, while I'm here I should mention I have a pretty big patch planned for next weekend. I've gone through and added in the Smash 3 textures, and I changed up some of G&W's expanded costumes (got rid of the neon green and light blue, replaced with Game Boy green and white w/ black outline). I have a massive project to work on this week though so I can't guarantee I'll be able to put anything else in.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
Eventually when I get done with my build I will release it as well.
I still have about 10 stages to swap out, and then I want to do some things with the menu like the SSS and The Grid. On top of that I have the music from my previous custom builds, but the location of stages have changed so I need to compensate for that as well.

I based it off your build btw, but I'm changing most of the stages slowly. Trying to make the most of the dual/tri slots like STGTENGAN/STGMARIOPAST, etc;

The reason I say this is because I too will have the latest Smash 3 textures in my build ohohohoh

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Any plans on using the Alternate Stage Loader for your build?
I want to have more than one version of Final Destination and some other stages but the time I tried to include the ASL I ****ed up my build

Also, how do you change the place the stages occupy in the SSS?
I know you can trade between them, but I talk about just changing their position, not their slot (.pac,.rel,portraits,etc.)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Any plans on using the Alternate Stage Loader for your build?
I want to have more than one version of Final Destination and some other stages but the time I tried to include the ASL I ****ed up my build

Also, how do you change the place the stages occupy in the SSS?
I know you can trade between them, but I talk about just changing their position, not their slot (.pac,.rel,portraits,etc.)
The ASL as it stands needs a lot of workarounds to get working, and the one time I tried it I had no luck. No plans until (if) it gets updated.

There's an SSS Tool in the manager toolset (Stage/Costume/Song). It takes some getting used to but it's a really nice tool for keeping the SSS in order.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Yeah I had a lot of problems too with the ASL. The idea is great but I think it is so difficult to implement.

Yeah I have the Stage Manager (And I use it a lot), but I'm not talking about overwriting an old stage with a new one, I mean to move its position in the SSS.

Also, do you remember the loading problem I told you the other day?
It seems it was a problem of my SD card, I bought a new one and now it loads perfectly.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So I'm finally getting around to trying all the other packs that are out there. I'm gonna play around and see what magic yours has that mine doesn't! ;)

210stuna

Smash Lord
Yeah I had a lot of problems too with the ASL.
ASL has always been like that since I can remember 2.6b and after.
Mewtwo says it works, but people always complain it freezes here and there. Then he once told me he doesn't even try it on vP:M but his own personal build with customized .gct's and what not.

Poop I know.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I had a lot of problems too with the ASL. The idea is great but I think it is so difficult to implement.

Yeah I have the Stage Manager (And I use it a lot), but I'm not talking about overwriting an old stage with a new one, I mean to move its position in the SSS.

Also, do you remember the loading problem I told you the other day?
It seems it was a problem of my SD card, I bought a new one and now it loads perfectly.
No no no, it's not the stage manager, it's another tool included in the download. Glad to hear the loading issue is fixed!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
No no no, it's not the stage manager, it's another tool included in the download. Glad to hear the loading issue is fixed!
Oh thanks I have forgotten that program, guess I'll have to learn how to use it...

Any plans about including the 'enable random expansion stages' code?

Sage009

Smash Rookie
Your latest patch broke the game when played hackless. My friend's Wii freezes at stage select after choosing a stage, and it doesn't matter WHICH stage we pick!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Your latest patch broke the game when played hackless. My friend's Wii freezes at stage select after choosing a stage, and it doesn't matter WHICH stage we pick!
Try reformatting your SD card then install it again. Also try flipping the lock switch on the card.

Oh thanks I have forgotten that program, guess I'll have to learn how to use it...

Any plans about including the 'enable random expansion stages' code?
Keep a backup of your GCT and common5 and play around with it until you get the hang of it, it's not as straightforward as some of the other tools are, and it has some bugs.
I believe that code is already included. Unless of course it's been updated to allow random select for expansion stages as well.

So this beautiful stage is finally finished, and I added it to my build almost immediately: http://smashboards.com/threads/golden-sun-venus-lighthouse-stage-released.349184/

The only issue is that he provides two different versions, one for Dolphin (resource heavy), one for Wii. So at this point I think I might keep two separate versions of my build. This will also allow me to replace Geothermal Plant, Bowser's Keep, and Ganondorf's Tower for Wii users. If anyone has any stage recommendations to replace those three, go for it. I already know of one (Paper Mario Peach's Abducted Castle), but I could use two more.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089

Sage009

Smash Rookie
Try reformatting your SD card then install it again. Also try flipping the lock switch on.
I've tried reformatting three times and same issue every time. Turning the lock switch off causes project m not to load at all...

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I've tried reformatting three times and same issue every time. Turning the lock switch off causes project m not to load at all...
Well that's interesting. I've tested this release thoroughly before uploading, I dunno what else to tell you. :/

Sage009

Smash Rookie
Well that's interesting. I've tested this release thoroughly before uploading, I dunno what else to tell you. :/
Well it still works through homebrew, so whatever.
I'll just bring my Wii to his place and use it that way.

Top Bottom