• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Oh I did replace RSBE01 to try and fix the bowser edit! Ah ha! Ok then, that is a simple fix since I back up everything all the time. You rock my main man and thanks again for all the hard work!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So where do I place this patch? Im barely downloading it now.
Same as always, just overwrite any files in projectm with the ones in the patch.

By the next, next version might not have a patch. I'm making some big changes. Actually, never mind that. I can just put in a readme with the patch like last time if need be.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Same as always, just overwrite any files in projectm with the ones in the patch.

By the next, next version might not have a patch. I'm making some big changes. Actually, never mind that. I can just put in a readme with the patch like last time if need be.
Making this a bigger task that I thought. =P Thanks.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman

Making this a bigger task that I thought. =P Thanks.
Regardless of what operating system you're running, it should prompt you to overwrite any files and give you an option to overwrite everything. Shouldn't be more than like two clicks.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Regardless of what operating system you're running, it should prompt you to overwrite any files and give you an option to overwrite everything. Shouldn't be more than like two clicks.
Yeah, Ill get to work on it. Not that I mean to rush you or anything, but any dates on the next update? I seriously enjoyed most of the stages in your build, my favorites being Brawl Galaxy, Bowsers Keep, Vs Bowser, and Wuhu Plane Ride.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ill get to work on it. Not that I mean to rush you or anything, but any dates on the next update? I seriously enjoyed most of the stages in your build, my favorites being Brawl Galaxy, Bowsers Keep, Vs Bowser, and Wuhu Plane Ride.
I'll push for the weekend as usual. This next update with mostly be costume and behind the scenes changes. I'm pretty content with the stage selection for now. I took a couple costumes from Theytah's awesome build and threw them in, testing those now. I'm gonna see if the updated CBliss tool fixes Bowser's last costume. I edited the GCT to normalize music volume across the board. I'm also still on the lookout for HD Peach's Castle 64, Zebes, and Mushroom Kingdom 64.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'll push for the weekend as usual. This next update with mostly be costume and behind the scenes changes. I'm pretty content with the stage selection for now. I took a couple costumes from Theytah's awesome build and threw them in, testing those now. I'm gonna see if the updated CBliss tool fixes Bowser's last costume. I edited the GCT to normalize music volume across the board. I'm also still on the lookout for HD Peach's Castle 64, Zebes, and Mushroom Kingdom 64.
Awesome! Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Good news and bad news. Music normalization and a couple new costumes all work fine (including one over Wario), but even the CBliss tool couldn't help with Bowser's last costume. I'll leave the CSPs I just put in there as is, but I'm putting the old warning sign on there (from laggy models in 3.0).

EDIT: I contacted Mewtwo2000 about the CBliss tool, and apparently the issue with Bowser was actually caused by the old code; the code from his tool wasn't having any effect because of the old crap I was using. As a result, Bowser's last costume slot works! I also fixed the results screen music (Dracula's Castle was currently using that slot. I moved that track to another obscure track, edited the code as need be, and now both the stage and the results have the right music). As usual I'll push an update near the end of the week.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I loved the Main Title Remix for Brawl Galaxy. Why did you change it?
The one that was on there was temporary until I found something I liked better. I can try to dig up the BRSTM for the old one though if you'd prefer.

EDIT: Can't seem to find it. If it turns up I'll let you know.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Do you know what can I do to change the song that some stages load?
My Custom Stage 01 load the results screen, and you know that's pretty annoying...because if I replace it, it would be replaced in both places.
I just want the stage to load another code for another song, so I can replace it without replacing the results theme.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Good news and bad news. Music normalization and a couple new costumes all work fine (including one over Wario), but even the CBliss tool couldn't help with Bowser's last costume. I'll leave the CSPs I just put in there as is, but I'm putting the old warning sign on there (from laggy models in 3.0).

EDIT: I contacted Mewtwo2000 about the CBliss tool, and apparently the issue with Bowser was actually caused by the old code; the code from his tool wasn't having any effect because of the old crap I was using. As a result, Bowser's last costume slot works! I also fixed the results screen music (Dracula's Castle was currently using that slot. I moved that track to another obscure track, edited the code as need be, and now both the stage and the results have the right music). As usual I'll push an update near the end of the week.
That's great, I can't wait to finalize bowser! I will be looking forward to that update!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Do you know what can I do to change the song that some stages load?
My Custom Stage 01 load the results screen, and you know that's pretty annoying...because if I replace it, it would be replaced in both places.
I just want the stage to load another code for another song, so I can replace it without replacing the results theme.
Have you made any GCT changes? If not, I can just push my next patch early. I cleared up the Results Screen in this patch. It does require editing the GCT, unless of course you want to swap stages around.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
No, I haven't done any GCT changes in the build.
I've replaced some stages/songs/costumes, but nothing that requires editing the GCT. (As far as I know/remember)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
No, I haven't done any GCT changes in the build.
I've replaced some stages/songs/costumes, but nothing that requires editing the GCT. (As far as I know/remember)
Alright, I'll try to push my patch by the end of the day then. You'll probably just want to grab the GCT, and you'll want to delete X08.brstm from your build once you apply the patch.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Hey quick question. The Metal Cavern stage is having background issues. It's a bunch of largish squares instead of an HD background. I replaced everything except for the character models and common5.pac Are important files for the stages in that one? ( I didn't want to replace all the images after I made my own changes.) If I do need to do that, it's no biggie since I have things saved, but I thought I would ask.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey quick question. The Metal Cavern stage is having background issues. It's a bunch of largish squares instead of an HD background. I replaced everything except for the character models and common5.pac Are important files for the stages in that one? ( I didn't want to replace all the images after I made my own changes.) If I do need to do that, it's no biggie since I have things saved, but I thought I would ask.
That's really unusual, everything should just be in the stage PAC file. Could you send me a screenshot of what you see? I'd recommend reinstalling the stage from the patch. Make sure you replace both STGMARIOPAST_00 and _01.

EDIT: Actually, here. Everything you need is in this folder. http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6p1gv7rj7qoa7a/HDCavern.zip

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
To apply the patch do I just drag the patch files into the project m files? I'm asking just to make sure this IS what I do.

kourama

Smash Rookie
Just saw your updates. Glad to see the Bowser costume is working now. Do you take recommendations for costumes?

I only ask because I have a ton of costumes saved on my end with all the respective files and pretty much they all have been tested. Only a couple of them change the character to look like a different character bit I would say about 40 of them are pretty decent. PM me if interested and I can send what I have.

Kati

Smash Lord
This does use the full pm build right? with light press should inputs?

Also, do you have a list of songs and their corresponding 3 digit codes? specifically, I'm trying to find the Wily Castle brstm. thanks.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
To apply the patch do I just drag the patch files into the project m files? I'm asking just to make sure this IS what I do.
Yep, that's it. Overwrite your files with the ones included, and make sure to delete X08.brstm as instructed in the Readme.

Are all the patches already included in the main download?
The latest one isn't, it will be soon though.

This does use the full pm build right? with light press should inputs?

Also, do you have a list of songs and their corresponding 3 digit codes? specifically, I'm trying to find the Wily Castle brstm. thanks.
Yep, full build only. I don't have a list, but you could use the Song Manager to figure out which one's which (the ones without titles can still be played to figure out what they are).

Just saw your updates. Glad to see the Bowser costume is working now. Do you take recommendations for costumes?

I only ask because I have a ton of costumes saved on my end with all the respective files and pretty much they all have been tested. Only a couple of them change the character to look like a different character bit I would say about 40 of them are pretty decent. PM me if interested and I can send what I have.
Sure, that'd be awesome. I can't guarantee I'll change a lot but I'm always looking for new ones.

So, since I couldn't find an HD version of Peach's Castle 64 that I liked, I looked into making it myself. It could use some touchups for sure but I think it came out pretty well, and I'll be including it in the build.

If anyone's interested, you can download it here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=34076&Moderated=0

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
Man when you include the 3.0 camera on all of the stages, I will download your pack in a flash.

You have the same idea as I do for a P:M pack.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Man when you include the 3.0 camera on all of the stages, I will download your pack in a flash.

You have the same idea as I do for a P:M pack.
Just about all of them have the new camera. The only one I can think of that doesn't is Ganondorf's Tower, and that's because when I tried to update it with the new camera it completely broke it.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
That's fantastic!
I'll download the latest version now, and put the patch to it manually, are there instructions on how to do it?

Nice Peach's Castle stage man, you really are keeping the Smash Bros feel!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
That's fantastic!
I'll download the latest version now, and put the patch to it manually, are there instructions on how to do it?

Nice Peach's Castle stage man, you really are keeping the Smash Bros feel!
Thanks!
It's really straightforward, just drag and drop the contents of the PATCH folder inside the .zip into your Project M (the main build), overwriting anything. You'll also need to delete X08.brstm, as I moved that track to a different slot in this update.

kourama

Smash Rookie
NFreak I just sent you a PM with the costume info and link to the file. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Juancarlos23

Smash Rookie
NFreak sorry for bothering but I have two questions to ask you.

Any chance that you have a tutorial on how to change the voices for the characters please?
Like for example Sonic's English voice changed to his Japanese version? . I seen you do an alternate voice of Melee Link and wondering how you do it. I've been wanting to know how to do this because I used Riivolution to change the voices with the Sawndz files and theres no way for me to change the voices since your build is different.

Lastly, any way how I can use this build with Riivolution?

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
NFreak sorry for bothering but I have two questions to ask you.

Any chance that you have a tutorial on how to change the voices for the characters please?
Like for example Sonic's English voice changed to his Japanese version? . I seen you do an alternate voice of Melee Link and wondering how you do it. I've been wanting to know how to do this because I used Riivolution to change the voices with the Sawndz files and theres no way for me to change the voices since your build is different.

Lastly, any way how I can use this build with Riivolution?
Honestly I just downloaded a few packs and overwrote the old ones with the new in pf/sfx. I'm not sure how to modify those myself. I've never used Riivolution, but I'd imagine it should be the same way that you run Project M with it.

Kati

Smash Lord
Does this work for hackless users? My console stopped working the night people started requesting that I share this build with them, so I can't test it out myself. I did notice the st folder though.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Does this work for hackless users? My console stopped working the night people started requesting that I share this build with them, so I can't test it out myself. I did notice the st folder though.
Yep, works for hackless and homebrew with the same package.

So a bit of news, when I get some time I'm gonna look into BrawlEx. I'd really like to put that Lucina PSA into the game (the MegaMan one apparently doesn't suit PM well at all and it's really buggy so I'll be skipping that one). I have a huge project I'm working on for class though so it might be a few weeks.

And another question. Does anyone happen to know how to change the effects of a single Dr. Mario slot back to Mario effects? I put Paper Mario in one of those slots but he has the pills and electricity still. I know it's in FitMario.pac but I'm not sure where.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Yep, works for hackless and homebrew with the same package.

So a bit of news, when I get some time I'm gonna look into BrawlEx. I'd really like to put that Lucina PSA into the game (the MegaMan one apparently doesn't suit PM well at all and it's really buggy so I'll be skipping that one). I have a huge project I'm working on for class though so it might be a few weeks.

And another question. Does anyone happen to know how to change the effects of a single Dr. Mario slot back to Mario effects? I put Paper Mario in one of those slots but he has the pills and electricity still. I know it's in FitMario.pac but I'm not sure where.
I know Kingjigglypuff came up with the ice mario model that uses ice fireballs instead of the regular ones. I would ask him about it, though I would assume it's somewhere in the .pac file.

Also, good luck on your school project, I remember those days.

Lastly, side note I am still having issues with metal cavern without it having the background image and just wierd grey boxes. Maybe when you update your main download that has all the matches I will just replace everything but the player models to see if that fixes it!

kourama

Smash Rookie

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
When will the main download be updated?
Hopefully tonight.

Lastly, side note I am still having issues with metal cavern without it having the background image and just wierd grey boxes. Maybe when you update your main download that has all the matches I will just replace everything but the player models to see if that fixes it!
Interesting. I'll update the main download tonight so give that a try. I'll probably skip the patch this time around because of how much I changed, and because of issues such as this.

Below is a link I found in smash boards but it was a bit over my head. Hope this helps.

http://smashboards.com/threads/im-trying-to-replace-some-dr-mario-colors-with-different-alts.344945/
Thanks, I was looking at that but I'm not sure what's going on. Not even sure what program they're using, that doesn't look like anything I've ever seen.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Hey bro there's an issue with Diddy's costumes
Selecting Tuxedo Diddy makes Dixie appear on stage, also if you select Dixie the game freezes on the loading screen.

Top Bottom