• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I actually went ahead and fixed it. Thanks for letting me know! I also fixed a couple other issues here and there. I'll push another bigger update this weekend.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I actually went ahead and fixed it. Thanks for letting me know! I also fixed a couple other issues here and there. I'll push another bigger update this weekend.
*Hype build*
This is awesome. I found ANOTHER SD CARD, so now I can keep both your build and Theytas Build! Excited for the weekend!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Made a few other small changes, will be pushed out in the big patch this weekend.

- Updated Peach's Castle 64 with a version with a camera that doesn't suck
- Retextured KC-MM Training Room to a Project M theme (only thing I couldn't figure out how to change was the green glass on the floor)
- Music updates: Moved Twilight Princess theme from Hyrule Castle 64 over to Bridge of Eldin, replaced this track on HC64 with the Zelda II battle theme.
- Fixed Marth's purple costume not working properly
- Fixed Yoshi model/CSP issues
- Updated all stages to 3.0 camera

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Updated all stages to 3.0 camera
If I can ask, how did you go about doing this? I just downloaded a replacement for Smashville and the camera feels off to me; I'd like to set it to PM 3.0 standards if possible

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
If I can ask, how did you go about doing this? I just downloaded a replacement for Smashville and the camera feels off to me; I'd like to set it to PM 3.0 standards if possible
The method I used is the most commonly used. It's hacky, but it works. You'll want to open a similar stage from stock PM 3.02 in BrawlBox, export the STPM package, open the new stage in BB, and replace its STPM with the one you exported. I've seen it mess up two stages though so make sure to keep a backup.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The method I used is the most commonly used. It's hacky, but it works. You'll want to open a similar stage from stock PM 3.02 in BrawlBox, export the STPM package, open the new stage in BB, and replace its STPM with the one you exported. I've seen it mess up two stages though so make sure to keep a backup.
Haha, good thing Smashville has only FIVE pac files to do this to... Thanks though!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I put up the first big patch. This includes Hotfix 1. I'll update the main download later today as well as get some screenshots.

- Yarn Kirby crashing issues resolved
- Replaced new Zelda recolors with Ocarina of Time/Melee models
- Replaced Mango Ivysaur with Shiny Ivysaur
- Replaced Mango Ike with Krom Ike
- Replaced Mars Roy with Sword of Seals Roy
- Replaced Melee Green Pikachu with Shadow Pikachu
- Replaced Suit Pikachu with Jet Pikachu
- Updated AoT Roy
- CSPs and BPs updated appropriately for new costumes
- Silver Roy CSP/BP updated to be more in line with default pose
- Retextured KC-MM Training Room to a Project M theme (only thing I couldn't figure out how to change was the green glass on the floor)
- Music updates: Moved Twilight Princess theme from Hyrule Castle 64 over to Bridge of Eldin, replaced this track on HC64 with the Zelda II battle theme.
- Updated stages with 3.0 camera

EDIT: Main download has been updated!

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I put up the first big patch. This includes Hotfix 1. I'll update the main download later today as well as get some screenshots.

- Yarn Kirby crashing issues resolved
- Replaced new Zelda recolors with Ocarina of Time/Melee models
- Replaced Mango Ivysaur with Shiny Ivysaur
- Replaced Mango Ike with Krom Ike
- Replaced Mars Roy with Sword of Seals Roy
- Replaced Melee Green Pikachu with Shadow Pikachu
- Replaced Suit Pikachu with Jet Pikachu
- Updated AoT Roy
- CSPs and BPs updated appropriately for new costumes
- Silver Roy CSP/BP updated to be more in line with default pose
- Updated stages with 3.0 camera

EDIT: Main download has been updated!
Hey man, I downloaded the build and it's pretty darn good so far! I can tell a lot of work and love went into it!

I was testing it this morning with all the characters and costumes since most times I always seem to have one thing crash! Everyone works alright except the 7th Ike for me. It freezes if I have him chosen and try to select a map. Have you had this issue? I did implement the hot fix…. So I am not sure if it just my problem or maybe something wrong with that slot? I didn't focus on all the stages, but I noticed that the bowser stage from Mario RPG is pretty laggy. Same with Ganondorf's stage from OOT.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, I downloaded the build and it's pretty darn good so far! I can tell a lot of work and love went into it!

I was testing it this morning with all the characters and costumes since most times I always seem to have one thing crash! Everyone works alright except the 7th Ike for me. It freezes if I have him chosen and try to select a map. Have you had this issue? I did implement the hot fix…. So I am not sure if it just my problem or maybe something wrong with that slot? I didn't focus on all the stages, but I noticed that the bowser stage from Mario RPG is pretty laggy. Same with Ganondorf's stage from OOT.
Well that's interesting. Which Ike is the 7th again? I'm at work right now so I can't check myself. I've tried all of them though and haven't had any issues.

A couple stages do tend to be fairly laggy. I'll look into optimizing them, as some of them haven't been worked on in years.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The 7th Ike is this one: Ike.png

I have one idea that can possibly be causing this. Since Ike has 6 costumes as default, There should be 4 FitIke files. I see 07, 08 and 09. My thoughts are there should be a FitIke06 to cover the 7th ike as pictured here.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
The 7th Ike is this one: View attachment 8025

I have one idea that can possibly be causing this. Since Ike has 6 costumes as default, There should be 4 FitIke files. I see 07, 08 and 09. My thoughts are there should be a FitIke06 to cover the 7th ike as pictured here.
I just double checked the patch folder and that should've been included. Redownload it and give it a shot.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Thanks for checking on that. Though I admit I added my own to see if it works. It's a neat costume for Ike, Ninja suit Ike. Has a face mask, dreses in black and has his cape removed. Plus the person who did this used one of the default portraits/images so it lines up perfect with the other images. Since I have been doing my own edits

I am curious though as you patch things, mainly the stages since some are a bit buggy, what files are the custom stages and their icons located?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for checking on that. Though I admit I added my own to see if it works. It's a neat costume for Ike, Ninja suit Ike. Has a face mask, dreses in black and has his cape removed. Plus the person who did this used one of the default portraits/images so it lines up perfect with the other images. Since I have been doing my own edits

I am curious though as you patch things, mainly the stages since some are a bit buggy, what files are the custom stages and their icons located?
Stages are in stage->melee, use the Stage Manager to work with those (makes editing the common5 icons a lot easier).

I just found an issue with the patch, I didn't include the music selection icons. If you downloaded the patch before rather than the entire new release, please download it again.

Last edited:

ConHeo

Smash Rookie
Build looks nice! I've played a bit and I like the alt costumes, but I have a bit of a problem. Some stages don't work for me, I downloaded your build and when I tried to go on Temple of Time or the stage with rayquaza in the tower it just freezes just as I select. Any ideas? : /

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I have played that stage and it doesn't crash for me … so hopefully your's is just a particular issue. I would try this: Backup the build on your computer so you have a backup. Reformat your SD card. Also make sure to have the latest patch files replace the default ones of Nfreak's build. I know at times if I make a lot of changes on my SD card, it gets corrupted after some time so backing up and reformatting does the trick for me most of the time.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Looks like I'll have another small update this weekend. I found this awesome build which has some of the costumes and stuff I've been looking for (OoT Zelda, shiny Ivysaur) as well as updated voices for some characters, so I cherry picked a couple things from it and put them into mine. I'm also looking into updating custom stages with the 3.0 camera, since a lot of them aren't updated just yet.
Do you think there is a way to include the Melee announcer and menu sounds in your build from the BTBM? I would do it myself but the process seems a little too complicated, and I can only run BrawlBox and BrawlManagers through a virtual machine on my mac.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Do you think there is a way to include the Melee announcer and menu sounds in your build from the BTBM? I would do it myself but the process seems a little too complicated, and I can only run BrawlBox and BrawlManagers through a virtual machine on my mac.
It's definitely possible, but I'm not really sure where those files are located. I'll shoot the guy a message and see if he can help me out.

EDIT: So if you can track down which .sawnd files hold the announcer and menu sounds, you should be able to just drop them right in pf->sfx. I'm a bit busy though so unfortunately that's all I can really do right now.

Also, if anyone wants to help out. I'm looking for HD textures for the SSB64 maps. I've found new ones for Saffron City, Yoshi's Island, Metal Cavern, and Hyrule Castle (better than the one I just put in), but I'm still looking for the rest, especially Zebes and Dreamland.

There's also this version of Peach's Castle, but the link's been dead forever now: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31931

Last edited:

kourama

Smash Rookie
It's definitely possible, but I'm not really sure where those files are located. I'll shoot the guy a message and see if he can help me out.

EDIT: So if you can track down which .sawnd files hold the announcer and menu sounds, you should be able to just drop them right in pf->sfx. I'm a bit busy though so unfortunately that's all I can really do right now.

Also, if anyone wants to help out. I'm looking for HD textures for the SSB64 maps. I've found new ones for Saffron City, Yoshi's Island, Metal Cavern, and Hyrule Castle (better than the one I just put in), but I'm still looking for the rest, especially Zebes and Dreamland.

There's also this version of Peach's Castle, but the link's been dead forever now: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31931
There is a smash board thread that I found for N64 HD stages. I haven't checked the links in the thread but here is the link to that topic if you want to take a look.
http://smashboards.com/threads/n64-hd-stage-revitalization-project.336044/page-2

210stuna

Smash Lord
I can't find the original thread, but I kept the file on me for a HD 64 Dreamland.

Here

Look under HD Dreamland, everything else is out of date for those who are curious
I have a picture of the stage included, because the original didn't have a Icon or Preview and I can't take in game shots, but I haven't done anything with the picture so blah

EDIT: Also what I pointed out in the original thread, and a few others was that the camera in the stage seems too far zoomed out. The OP swore they used the 3.02 camera data, but I don't know. You can check it out and see.

EDIT: I found the original thread with the HD 64 Dream Land http://smashboards.com/threads/felipe_9595s-stage-topic-p-m-3-0.345057/#post-16194717

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
Two suggestion:

1) Could you fix the Ganondorf Stage, it gives me a blurry and glitchy screen with low music.
2) If you want to keep the smash feel, you should replace clone stages (ie. We don't need two mushroom kingdom that look alike, nor two norfair with enhanced platforms)
3) For the next update, could you add more awesome customes?

Overall this build is completely awesome and your song choice is badass!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
@ NFreak NFreak Its a great build. I love all of the stages, and as mentioned before, Ganondorfs Tower is glitched out. Besides that, nothing is wrong, everything is cool. Also, Paper Mario costume over Mario next time? Paper Luigi is my personal favorite costume.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
@ NFreak NFreak Its a great build. I love all of the stages, and as mentioned before, Ganondorfs Tower is glitched out. Besides that, nothing is wrong, everything is cool. Also, Paper Mario costume over Mario next time? Paper Luigi is my personal favorite costume.
Is it? I haven't seen any issues with it on my end.

Once I figure out how to put costumes over Dr. Mario, I want to put that in, don't worry.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Is it? I haven't seen any issues with it on my end.

Once I figure out how to put costumes over Dr. Mario, I want to put that in, don't worry.
Yeah, Ganondorf's Tower starts out with the camera all messed up to the point where nothing is seen (Characters, Damage percent, time, etc.) Also, the music is gone as well. The game doesnt freeze, buts its a glitch nonetheless.

Sweeeeeet Paper Mario. Also, Dr. Mario seems to have a problem with the cape. Im not sure if thats Project M 3.0 in general, but the cape is left out after you use it, and its swinging everywhere

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ganondorf's Tower starts out with the camera all messed up to the point where nothing is seen (Characters, Damage percent, time, etc.) Also, the music is gone as well. The game doesnt freeze, buts its a glitch nonetheless.

Sweeeeeet Paper Mario. Also, Dr. Mario seems to have a problem with the cape. Im not sure if thats Project M 3.0 in general, but the cape is left out after you use it, and its swinging everywhere
Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix that up tonight and put out a patch. Not sure about Dr. Mario, that might just be PM though. I'll give it a try.

So I just found this, I'm gonna give it a shot, probably replacing Falcon Flyer. What do you all think? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36106&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
I love your build!!, and with the update made it even better;) But I did notice that ganondorfs stage no longer works properly; when I start the stage the camera is waaaay zoomed in on my player and the music is quiet. Also bowser's "minion" costume( blue mask) eyes are all distorted(weird colors) other from those two problems, I have not experienced anything else.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I'll check out Bowser in a bit, I just closed everything down after testing out other stuff.

Pretty sure the Ganon Tower issue was from when I was updating stages to the new camera, so it's probably the only stage in there with the Brawl camera. I'll see if I can fix it before pushing out the next patch.

Not sure what's up with Dr. Mario, he's fine on my end.

I put in the Big Blue stage, and it's really just as awesome as it looks. Basically Falcon Flyer shrunk down a tiny a bit with a moving platform.

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
I'll check out Bowser in a bit, I just closed everything down after testing out other stuff.

Pretty sure the Ganon Tower issue was from when I was updating stages to the new camera, so it's probably the only stage in there with the Brawl camera. I'll see if I can fix it before pushing out the next patch.

Not sure what's up with Dr. Mario, he's fine on my end.

I put in the Big Blue stage, and it's really just as awesome as it looks. Basically Falcon Flyer shrunk down a tiny a bit with a moving platform.
For me when dr mario does his down-b(spin) then side-b(cape) that's when his cape gets stuck flinging around p.s. Thanks for replying!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
For me when dr mario does his down-b(spin) then side-b(cape) that's when his cape gets stuck flinging around p.s. Thanks for replying!
I managed to recreate that. I think it might just be an issue with PM, as I didn't mess with Dr. Mario at all. Using the cape again fixed it though.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Patch 2 is out! Changelog will be up shortly.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qevpq1rxe1l9oai/NFreakBuild-Patch2.zip

- Replaced Fusion-colored Varia Samus with blue MP2 Multiplayer Samus (with matching ZSS)
- Replaced the following SSB64 maps with HD versions:
  • Metal Cavern
  • Dreamland
  • Hyrule Castle
  • Saffron City
  • Yoshi's Story
- Replaced Falcon Flyer with Competitive Big Blue
- Replaced 75M (1337M) with a more balanced, PM-oriented version
- Fixed Ganondorf's Tower issues (reverted back to Brawl camera)
- Various icon updates

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qevpq1rxe1l9oai/NFreakBuild-Patch2.zip

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Hey I got a quick question if you have ran into this problem. So I have been updating the battle portraits and character select images with different models I've found and liked. Now when I select characters and go to the stage screens, a bunch of the stages are gone on each page! It displays just 21 per page. Any idea what happened and what I would need to do to fix it?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey I got a quick question if you have ran into this problem. So I have been updating the battle portraits and character select images with different models I've found and liked. Now when I select characters and go to the stage screens, a bunch of the stages are gone on each page! It displays just 21 per page. Any idea what happened and what I would need to do to fix it?
The only thing I can think of is that you either replaced pf/system/common5.pac or code/RSBE01.gct. If you replaced these files rather than replacing the individual images within the files I provided, then that would cause an issue like this.

Top Bottom