• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing a lot of complaints about mediafire lately, guess they pushed some crappy update. I'll definitely put up a few more mirrors soon.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Hi NFreak,

First I want to say I love the costumes and stages. I'm just having trouble playing them.

So I downloaded both files from mediafire and my SD card has all the files. I replaced the codes and pf folders with the Patch 8 ones. The game runs great until I try to play.

For training, the stage won't even load. And when I play a regular match, it loads to the countdown, freezes and does a loud buzz noise. Do you know what the problem might be so I can play your awesome build??

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hi NFreak,

First I want to say I love the costumes and stages. I'm just having trouble playing them.

So I downloaded both files from mediafire and my SD card has all the files. I replaced the codes and pf folders with the Patch 8 ones. The game runs great until I try to play.

For training, the stage won't even load. And when I play a regular match, it loads to the countdown, freezes and does a loud buzz noise. Do you know what the problem might be so I can play your awesome build??
You don't need both files, but that shouldn't hurt. The main download includes the latest patch.

As usual, I'd suggest reformatting the SD card, reinstalling it, and try messing with the lock switch on the card. If that doesn't work, let me know.

PichuFreak

Smash Rookie
I'm not too big on all the tech stuff, but would replacing one default file with your custom one not work? or would you need to replace all of it in order for the game to function properly?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too big on all the tech stuff, but would replacing one default file with your custom one not work? or would you need to replace all of it in order for the game to function properly?
Not exactly. You would need to export the character selection screen images, apply them to the stock common5.pac of Project M, apply the CBliss codes to PM, and of course copy over the pf/fighter folder. It's not too difficult, but it's not the most intuitive process in the world.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
You don't need both files, but that shouldn't hurt. The main download includes the latest patch.

As usual, I'd suggest reformatting the SD card, reinstalling it, and try messing with the lock switch on the card. If that doesn't work, let me know.
I got it to work! Thanks a ton!!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Do you have the link to the modified Project M training room you have? I tried searching it up and I found a KK-MC version identical to it, but I'd really like that Project M logo.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Do you have the link to the modified Project M training room you have? I tried searching it up and I found a KK-MC version identical to it, but I'd really like that Project M logo.
I edited it myself actually. I can upload it separately later.

kenny77

Smash Rookie
Hello Nfreak.
I was wondering if there was a method on how to replace songs on your build?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hello Nfreak.
I was wondering if there was a method on how to replace songs on your build?
Yep, that's probably the easiest thing to replace. Grab the song manager from lakora.us and follow the readme.

So while I'm here, I'm gonna make a small announcement. Considering all of the recent PM news, there will be no new updates until after the next PM update. This update will affect a lot of stuff, since they're doing a lot of costume changes. These will, of course, lead me to remove some custom ones in favor of the new defaults, and there's also the time spent waiting for the CBliss code to update. So yeah, it'll be a long ass time before the next patch, but it'll be worth the wait, hopefully. Here's hoping I don't have to scrap everything because of the code updates.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Do I just download your custom stuff through the link at the front? And do you know when the next project m updated is?

kenny77

Smash Rookie
Nfreak, i am so lost on how to replace music. can somebody do a 'Step-by-step' process on how to use the brawl sound manager? i am very new to this

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
@ NFreak NFreak I finally got to making CSPs and BPs for the Dr. Mario skins I made.

This is the pose:

The ingame picture cuts off around the knees though. Like the in the original CSPs. I made sure the BPs got in some of the tie and shoulder so that you can easily identify the color.

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
Hello nfreak, I was wondering how you put the sunshine Mario costume in build? Because when I try to replace it with a different skin, the sunshine costume still appears in the game. I'm already able to replace the CSS and Bp just not the actual in game costume

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
Hello nfreak, I was wondering how you put the sunshine Mario costume in build? Because when I try to replace it with a different skin, the sunshine costume still appears in the game. I'm already able to replace the CSS and Bp just not the actual in game costume
EDIT: never mind sorry, it turned out there was an unneeded file in mario's costume ,

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
It's been quiet here for a while. I think I'm going to retire the build. I'm the only one out of my group of friends still interested in PM, so as a result I hardly ever play any more. And with Smash 4 around the corner, I don't know what'll happen. I'm starting my last year at school as well so I won't really have the time to work on this any more.

If I have time, I'll put one last patch together for PM 3.5, but if it's a hassle, I won't be able to. And by all means, feel free to use this build as a base for your own (and go right ahead and make it public if it's some quality stuff!)

It's been a great run everyone. Thanks so much for all the support these past few months.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
It's been quiet here for a while. I think I'm going to retire the build. I'm the only one out of my group of friends still interested in PM, so as a result I hardly ever play any more. And with Smash 4 around the corner, I don't know what'll happen. I'm starting my last year at school as well so I won't really have the time to work on this any more.

If I have time, I'll put one last patch together for PM 3.5, but if it's a hassle, I won't be able to. And by all means, feel free to use this build as a base for your own (and go right ahead and make it public if it's some quality stuff!)

It's been a great run everyone. Thanks so much for all the support these past few months.
Aww man, I was hoping to be able to submit some more stuff for when Pm 3.5 came out.
That was why I was holding out on the Dr. Mario csps, so I could give them to ya for the next big update. A real big shame that you won't be continuing your build. I really enjoy using it.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
OK, I downloaded the mod, my only problem is that it freezes when I choose a stage.

Last edited:

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, random stage select is broken by the stage expansion code. If I get a chance I can make a modified common5.pac and GCT codeset that will apply just the costume expansion but will still include the 64 HD stages and the Corneria/Sector Z switch. If that's not important to you, you can take pf/system/common5.pac, menu/common, info/portrite, and pf/fighter from my build, download stock Project M, and replace the files in PM with the files you copied from my build. Then you can apply the CBliss Tool to the PM code set (RSBE01.GCT).
So I wanted to update my character select screen with your newest patch and so I'd have all of the characters with expanded skins. I thought that if I just changed the custom5.pac like was described before (only changing the sc_selcharacter_en part) and copying your new RSBE01.gct code file, I'd be good, but I can't make the additional stages you have added in your build go away. Any help?

It seems that I can't get the extended character select without the proper RSBE01.gct, but using yours also gives me the extended stage select part.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So I wanted to update my character select screen with your newest patch and so I'd have all of the characters with expanded skins. I thought that if I just changed the custom5.pac like was described before (only changing the sc_selcharacter_en part) and copying your new RSBE01.gct code file, I'd be good, but I can't make the additional stages you have added in your build go away. Any help?

It seems that I can't get the extended character select without the proper RSBE01.gct, but using yours also gives me the extended stage select part.
You'll need the stock Project M codeset rather than mine. Apply the CBliss Tool (linked in the post you quoted) and apply it to the default RSBE01.gct file.

So while I'm checking in, I just wanted to mention that I don't think I'll have time to update this to 3.5 when it comes out, unfortunately. This term is gonna kill me. If anyone would be willing to work on that when it comes out, I'll update the main post and give you full credit, in-game too. It's going to be a lot of work, and the expansion code for both costumes and stages will need to be updated by their developers as well so there will likely be a waiting period before it can be done right.

wilandhugs

Smash Rookie
Dunno how active this thread is, but can I get an explanation on why I dont have the Cbliss skins, or the add on stages? Do I need to download them seperatley? I built my own PM ISO and when I apply these to the files, the only things that change are the things that are supposed to change like the FD and the bowser leve, but I don't get the extra skins and the Chemical Plant Zone.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Dunno how active this thread is, but can I get an explanation on why I dont have the Cbliss skins, or the add on stages? Do I need to download them seperatley? I built my own PM ISO and when I apply these to the files, the only things that change are the things that are supposed to change like the FD and the bowser leve, but I don't get the extra skins and the Chemical Plant Zone.
Make sure you're using the GCT provided with the download here rather than the stock GCT.

Bowzer113

Smash Rookie
I try to load a stage but it won't load, what do i do? also I'm using hackless version.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
IT IS AN AMAZING BUILD I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH THANKSSSSSSSSS
Thanks!

So I've been playing Sm4sh since release, and I have to say, I highly doubt I'll be coming back this. Like I said before, if there's enough interest, I'll see if I can patch it up when PM 3.5 comes along, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

In the meantime, if any of you who used to hang around in this thread want to add me, shoot me a message and let me know! I can't play online at school (3DS can't connect to their network, the Wii U will be fine though when that version comes out), but I'm home on break for the week so I've been playing this every chance I get, which is pretty much any time except for practicing for an upcoming Dota 2 tournament.

Metacobalion

Smash Rookie
Any chance you'll update this for 3.5 now that it's been released? This is my favorite build and I really want an update.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Any chance you'll update this for 3.5 now that it's been released? This is my favorite build and I really want an update.
Sorry, but probably not. 3.5 added so much stuff I'd have to start from the beginning all over again, and I really just don't have the time. I did at least put a personal music pack together with a lot of the same tracks from here (and some new ones), that's available here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wzyxc1l1x2v0dxs/NFreakMusicPack.zip

If anything changes, I'll definitely post an update. I'm getting more into the competitive scene too, so any future updates will have to be tourney legal (stage striking working properly, no costumes with modified hitboxes, etc).

Top Bottom