• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patch 7.1 is released. The main download has NOT been updated yet, but it will be shortly. The changelog on the first post is updated.
Just a heads up, the crown level from super Mario 3D world, if it's the one I used before, is really buggy with the camera and the lighting ect. Just a note.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, the crown level from super Mario 3D world, if it's the one I used before, is really buggy with the camera and the lighting ect. Just a note.
Is it? I played a match or two with bots on it and didn't notice anything, but I'll keep checking on it. If it hasn't been updated for those issues, I'll replace it soon. I put it in to replace another stage that lagged horribly on an actual console, so it's kind of a placeholder.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Is it? I played a match or two with bots on it and didn't notice anything, but I'll keep checking on it. If it hasn't been updated for those issues, I'll replace it soon. I put it in to replace another stage that lagged horribly on an actual console, so it's kind of a placeholder.
The map doesn't lag but the toad in the background does have weird lighting issues like whenever someone guards it turns all black. Also, I have a problem with the Chemical Plant stage, the water for it is too low and makes recovering as anyone who isn't a multi-jumper, Mario brother, or character with godly jumping ability really hard. Is there another version with higher water/no water/water without collision? If not, maybe I could suggest either replacing that map with one of these sonic stages.

Also, on the Dr. Mario textures, I'm editing them again to make them a bit better by making the pants look less weird and by making the skin Smash 3 styled as well. Gotta make things look good.

EDIT: Here's a Mario stage you could possibly use to replace the S8-[Crown] stage.

DOUBLE EDIT: Here's an Outset Toon Link in the style of WW made by KTH
A Version of Toon Ganon without the solid sleeves made by DrKoala
And a version of Toon Zelda that's also in the style of WW made by KTH again(uh, maybe don't download this. If you don't download the animation file with it Zelda becomes a bobblehead with a normal sized body. You may be able to take the textures from this and insert them into the current Toon Zelda you have.)

Smash 3 Mr. L is here
Smash 3 Dr. Luigi
And Smash 3 Ice Luigi(Please replace the default Blue costume with this)

And two possible Peach alts(Peach in Mario & Luigi overalls)

Edit 3: Here's a link to my updated Dr. Mario skin gallery. Looking good? Any criticisms?

Edit 4: Oh man these costumes are good looking. You need to use them in your build.

Last edited:

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
Loving this custom build, but I'm having the exact same problem with the music that a user had on the previous build. Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried Defragging, and re-doing the patch several times.

Couple things I noticed as well, Mewtwo's colours are mixed up. If you pick Orange, you get Green, and vice versa.

Can tell alot of love has gone into this patch, thanks a million for your dedication :D

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Loving this custom build, but I'm having the exact same problem with the music that a user had on the previous build. Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried Defragging, and re-doing the patch several times.

Couple things I noticed as well, Mewtwo's colours are mixed up. If you pick Orange, you get Green, and vice versa.

Can tell alot of love has gone into this patch, thanks a million for your dedication :D
Did you just download the main download or did you get both patch 7.1 and the main DL. Patch 7.1 isn't part of the main DL yet. Patch 7.1 fixes the Mewtwo and Roy color bugs

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, the Mewtwo and Roy issues have been fixed as of 7.1, like alex6309 said, but I'll double check to make sure I didn't screw anything up with the vibrant colors.

What music issue is this again? I can't seem to recreate it on my end...

EDIT: Oh, you're right! I'll fix Mewtwo right away. I'm reuploading the patch with this fix right now.

TO ANYONE WHO ALREADY DOWNLOADED 7.1, DO THE FOLLOWING:
-Open pf/fighter/mewtwo
-Swap FitMewtwo01.pac and FitMewtwo01.pcs with FitMewtwo02.pac and FItMewtwo02.pcs

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Here's my Dr. Mario skin pack. They're the same as the gallery I uploaded in one of the posts above. All 5 costumes. If anyone else wants to download it or put it in their own custom build feel free to do.

Also, have you considered using any of the skins or maps I linked in a post above for your build?

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Here's my Dr. Mario skin pack. They're the same as the gallery I uploaded in one of the posts above. All 5 costumes. If anyone else wants to download it or put it in their own custom build feel free to do.

Also, have you considered using any of the skins or maps I linked in a post above for your build?
Thanks! I'll throw those in. I actually didn't see that post, I'll look through it now. Thanks for all the help!

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
Yeah, the Mewtwo and Roy issues have been fixed as of 7.1, like alex6309 said, but I'll double check to make sure I didn't screw anything up with the vibrant colors.

What music issue is this again? I can't seem to recreate it on my end...

EDIT: Oh, you're right! I'll fix Mewtwo right away. I'm reuploading the patch with this fix right now.

TO ANYONE WHO ALREADY DOWNLOADED 7.1, DO THE FOLLOWING:
-Open pf/fighter/mewtwo
-Swap FitMewtwo01.pac and FitMewtwo01.pcs with FitMewtwo02.pac and FItMewtwo02.pcs
A lot of the tracks crackle or have distortion throughout, and the Custom Tracks either refuse to play entirely, or instead play a rapidly sped up version of the track they're replacing. (Or a random track altogether, Skyloft keeps playing WarioWare, Inc :S). This happens on all of the custom stages too which is a shame, cause they play awesome, especially Cool Cool Mountain.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
A lot of the tracks crackle or have distortion throughout, and the Custom Tracks either refuse to play entirely, or instead play a rapidly sped up version of the track they're replacing. (Or a random track altogether, Skyloft keeps playing WarioWare, Inc :S). This happens on all of the custom stages too which is a shame, cause they play awesome, especially Cool Cool Mountain.
Could the music problem possibly be your sd card? Maybe you could try moving everything to another SD card to see if thats the problem. I haven't encountered any problems with it except for one time.

And that one time was pretty ****ing awesome. I was playing as Waluigi on Jungle Japes fighting Donkey and Diddy Kong when the music suddenly switched to Waluigi Stadium.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Weird. I've never seen anything like this, the only thing I can say is that it's likely your SD card. Try reformatting, flicking the lock switch, all that stuff. Sorry I can't really help much more, I've never been able to recreate this myself.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I'm updating the patch again. I feel like I should've just waited a few days in the first place. :p If my internet doesn't **** itself again tonight like it did last night, it should all be up in the morning.

Changes from 7.1 to 7.2:
- Replaced S8-Crown with Theytah's competitive Hyrule Castle
- More vibrant textures (thanks @ alex6309 alex6309 !)
- Changed camera and death boundaries on Chemical Plant Zone

I can't bring myself to remove Chemical Plant Zone, but I did try to do some work with the boundaries of the stage. Now, I need you guys to let me know if they need adjustment once I release the patch, because I haven't had a chance to play an actual match on the modified version yet and I'm sure they could use a bit of tweaking since I've only done texture edits to stages before, nothing like this. I lowered the ceiling slightly and put the death boundary about a third of the way down the stage. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I feel like I'm the blame for 7.2 and 7.1. Har
Welp, I'm updating the patch again. I feel like I should've just waited a few days in the first place. :p If my internet doesn't **** itself again tonight like it did last night, it should all be up in the morning.

Changes from 7.1 to 7.2:
- More vibrant textures (thanks @ alex6309 alex6309 !)
- Changed camera and death boundaries on Chemical Plant Zone

I can't bring myself to remove Chemical Plant Zone, but I did try to do some work with the boundaries of the stage. Now, I need you guys to let me know if they need adjustment once I release the patch, because I haven't had a chance to play an actual match on the modified version yet and I'm sure they could use a bit of tweaking since I've only done texture edits to stages before, nothing like this. I lowered the ceiling slightly and put the death boundary about a third of the way down the stage. You'll see what I mean.
Aww man... No competitive mushroomy kingdom? 0/10 Wouldn't have drunken sex with.

Jokes aside, glad I can help and I hope the new Chem Plant is good.

I only have 3 suggestions(besides comp mushroomy kingdom) for your next build:

More Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart 8 music. The music in those games are great.

Use more nostalgia pack costumes. There's good Melee Falco, Melee Link, Charizard, and Mewtwo costumes there. All with rimlighting.(Not linking the Charizard/Mewtwo skins because there are a bunch of them.

Use the Kid Icarus: Uprising voice for Pit & give Wario the Mario Party death sounds.

F-Zero GX Falcon http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35992

Skyward Sword Zelda SSB4 Styled http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204465

Last edited:

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
Trying a new SD Card this morning. Hopefully that works :)

If you're still adding more skins, now that you've got the full Dark Suit on Samus, how's about swapping out the Black Recolour (Which is trying to look like the Dark Suit) for the Phazon Suit? (You'll have to excuse me, I don't have linking privileges yet. But the best one in my eyes is by Szasz, Phazon Suit 1.5)

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
It seems like this build no longer fully fits on my 2GB SD card. Would it be possible to bring down the file size?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
It seems like this build no longer fully fits on my 2GB SD card. Would it be possible to bring down the file size?
Really? It should, it's under 2 GB. There's unfortunately not much I can do. You can try removing some of the BRSTM files for music on the main menu and default stages, that would trim it down a bit.

So I completely forgot to upload the thing last night, so I'll try to do it today. I hate my home internet so much.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Trying a new SD Card this morning. Hopefully that works :)

If you're still adding more skins, now that you've got the full Dark Suit on Samus, how's about swapping out the Black Recolour (Which is trying to look like the Dark Suit) for the Phazon Suit? (You'll have to excuse me, I don't have linking privileges yet. But the best one in my eyes is by Szasz, Phazon Suit 1.5)
Links for Phazon Suits
By Szasz http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35368
By AlGeorgeRomo http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204143

EDIT: Are there any other Luigi's Mansion costumes for Luigi? After using the current one for a bit it's starting to bug me. The model is very low poly and the textures are really blurry. One of the arms never moves. It also doesn't mesh well with the rest of the costumes or cast.

Last edited:

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you noticed but when you select squirtles yellow color it's actually the blue when you start a match

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you noticed but when you select squirtles yellow color it's actually the blue when you start a match
Thanks! I'll fix that soon too. I changed a lot of costumes this patch to better colors so I may have slipped up here and there. I'll look for any others before pushing this patch. Good thing I didn't yet!

**** it, I'll just call this next one patch 8 and include 7 with it because it's so recent.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Thanks! I'll fix that soon too. I changed a lot of costumes this patch to better colors so I may have slipped up here and there. I'll look for any others before pushing this patch. Good thing I didn't yet!

**** it, I'll just call this next one patch 8 and include 7 with it because it's so recent.
While you hold out on that patch, mind if I go find a ton more skins to dump on your pack? I think that we should replace the "Weegee" costume with either Smash 3 Dr. Luigi, Cloud Luigi, or Space Land Luigi from MP2.

Also, why aren't you using the SOAP shoes on your SA2B Sonic Alt costume? Using the normal shoes reeks of wrong.

Here's a Bowsa alt
Strikers Bowser

Traditional Diddy Kong to go with Donkey Kong's voice
-Snip-

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Could you also give fox his melee voice for his melee costume
Oh and Ganon aswell if you can!!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I don't think giving specific costumes specific voices is possible at all. Maybe it might be but I haven't heard of that happening.

Here's Melee Ganon's voice http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=200249
And Melee Fox's voice http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=200442
Both are over all costumes though.
It's possible, but I don't know how it's done. One guy on here managed to do it with Link a while ago (which is included in this build), but he's been MIA for a long time and no one else has figured it out I don't think.

Dety1976

Smash Rookie
Can anyone tell me which costume number thingy is the vacation Mario? I want to add some different skins without overwriting him.
I love this, and the fact that it's compatible with my 2GB card and all the textures I want is a great bonus!
Only thing I want is a torrent for the initial download lol

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
I've seen someone else's build that had the melee voice for fox but that was a while ago I don't remember which it was D:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me which costume number thingy is the vacation Mario? I want to add some different skins without overwriting him.
I love this, and the fact that it's compatible with my 2GB card and all the textures I want is a great bonus!
Only thing I want is a torrent for the initial download lol
FitMario05

A torrent is a great idea! I'll look into that tomorrow. My internet is **** though. I'll put up the new main download tomorrow (want to do some last minute patch changes in the morning), wait a day for people to download it, then put the torrent up and hopefully some people who grabbed it will be willing to seed early.

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Question. Where exactly do I copy/paste the patch the original file? I've noticed in your instructions that it said to do so since the patch didn't come with the main file. I don't wanna screw it up trying to figure it out lol

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Question. Where exactly do I copy/paste the patch the original file? I've noticed in your instructions that it said to do so since the patch didn't come with the main file. I don't wanna screw it up trying to figure it out lol
You just put in your sd card. Nothing more. All the folders needed are already in the main download.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
Hey NFreak, noticed that you also had the Roy / Mewtwo costume issue. Just wanted to let you know this issue can also surface in Charizard and Squirtle, Charizard will have the portraits for Green and Blue switched, and Squirtle will have the portraits for Green and Red switched.

Just wanted to make sure you knew about this in case it wasn't fixed already :p

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey NFreak, noticed that you also had the Roy / Mewtwo costume issue. Just wanted to let you know this issue can also surface in Charizard and Squirtle, Charizard will have the portraits for Green and Blue switched, and Squirtle will have the portraits for Green and Red switched.

Just wanted to make sure you knew about this in case it wasn't fixed already :p
Thanks for the heads up! I believe someone already pointed out Squirtle, but I didn't know about Charizard. I checked the rest and I don't think there are any other issues. I'll go fix that now. Good thing I keep forgetting about this patch so I can fix up all these little things first. :p

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
Thanks for the heads up! I believe someone already pointed out Squirtle, but I didn't know about Charizard. I checked the rest and I don't think there are any other issues. I'll go fix that now. Good thing I keep forgetting about this patch so I can fix up all these little things first. :p
Yeah, I try to keep those things in check, I'm one of those "Every little thing counts" guys. So I have to check every single little detail. I've actually delayed my own custom build for over a month just to make sure that everything is nice and tidy before I release it at the end of this week. :p

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I try to keep those things in check, I'm one of those "Every little thing counts" guys. So I have to check every single little detail. I've actually delayed my own custom build for over a month just to make sure that everything is nice and tidy before I release it at the end of this week. :p
I think I've got them all now. All that's really left is stock icons, but I'm lazy. :p

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Uploading patch 8 now. This one actually INCLUDES the previous patch since I've released 7 barely a week ago.

CHANGELOG:
COSTUMES
- Added unofficial Smash 3 Dr. Mario costumes
- Added or updated vibrant costumes for the following:
Dedede, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Ike, Kirby, Bowser, Lucario, Lucas, Mewtwo, Pit, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Ice Climbers, ROB, Samus, Wario, Wolf, Yoshi
* Most of these are temporary until Smash 3 models are released, and as such do not have updated CSPs and the like.
- Replaced dark suit colored default Samus with Phazon Suit colors
*** IF ANYONE CAN MAKE A CSP IN THE DEFAULT POSE FOR THIS, THAT'D BE AWESOME. I TRIED BEFORE AND THEY CAME OUT TERRIBLE ***
- Fixed a missing file issue with Snake
- Fixed team color issues with various characters
STAGES
- Updated New Pork City M
- Edited Chemical Plant Zone's camera and blast zones. *** I NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS ***

MISC
- Changed Results Screen to one based off the default Project M Training Room
- Added traditional voices for Diddy Kong and Sonic
- Replaced Ocarina of Time Title Theme on Skyworld with Groose's Theme (because **** you that's why)

So how do you guys feel about this?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204598
It looks amazing, but it's a default PM stage so I don't want to mess with it. However, it's been being put into the bans a lot lately anyway (that's why I updated Halberd in my build). I think I'll wait and see what the PMBR's big surprise on Friday is first. I want to put this in, but I don't want to touch the default competitive stages.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Uploading patch 8 now. This one actually INCLUDES the previous patch since I've released 7 barely a week ago.

- Replaced Ocarina of Time Title Theme on Skyworld with Groose's Theme (because **** you that's why)
OMG YES
Everything else? Eh, thats cool.

Also, you should really get this Snake mod since it comes with Smash 3 lighting on all costumes and some extra alts too. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204300

Last edited:
Top Bottom