• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
You're in luck, turns out I did still have them lying around: http://imgur.com/a/tzkK2
I'm missing the purple one though. It's in my build, but I'm running Linux right now so I can't extract them.
Do you have the textures too? Like the actual .pac and .pcs files. Thanks a lot for this. Your build is helping me a lot to make my own. I'm using cbliss to add a lot of things, and I'm using your build as a base for that. Thanks again!

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Do you have the textures too? Like the actual .pac and .pcs files. Thanks a lot for this. Your build is helping me a lot to make my own. I'm using cbliss to add a lot of things, and I'm using your build as a base for that. Thanks again!
Oh, I misread that. I don't think I do, sorry. Here are some of my old patches though if you want to dig through them, I 'm pretty sure they were included in one of them.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vm1h1b0g17qjl9x/NFreakBuild-Patch1.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qevpq1rxe1l9oai/NFreakBuild-Patch2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tqytzmm4gm0f04g/NFreakBuild-Patch3.zip

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I misread that. I don't think I do, sorry. Here are some of my old patches though if you want to dig through them, I 'm pretty sure they were included in one of them.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vm1h1b0g17qjl9x/NFreakBuild-Patch1.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qevpq1rxe1l9oai/NFreakBuild-Patch2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tqytzmm4gm0f04g/NFreakBuild-Patch3.zip
Your patches didn't have the files, but your linked images helped me find them in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/dbs-unofficial-p-m-alts-oot-sheik-done.344734/ I Google image searched one of the CSPs you linked to, and they brought me to that thread. Thanks a lot!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So I'm finally using the SSE Editor, but what I don't understand is how I can change a stage from page 1 to page 2 and viceversa.
Could you help me?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So I'm finally using the SSE Editor, but what I don't understand is how I can change a stage from page 1 to page 2 and viceversa.
Could you help me?
See the 39 here?

Just swap those numbers and you'll swap the stage positions.

Last edited:

DBadder

Smash Rookie
is project m version 3.02 required to be installed before applying this build?

DBadder

Smash Rookie
i have a 4gb SDhc and cant get this to work... the sd card isnt recognized in stagebuilder, but the wii itself recognized it. is there a way to reformat the card on a mac computer?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
i have a 4gb SDhc and cant get this to work... the sd card isnt recognized in stagebuilder, but the wii itself recognized it. is there a way to reformat the card on a mac computer?
There definitely should be, but I can't really help with that, sorry. Reformatting usually fixes issues like this though. Also try flipping the lock switch on the card.

DBadder

Smash Rookie
after every match i play, my wii goes to a black screen and i must reboot it every single time... not sure why

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
after every match i play, my wii goes to a black screen and i must reboot it every single time... not sure why
I would honestly suggest reformatting the card again. No one else had issues like that.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
New patch coming up in an hour or so. A patch will be available and the main download will be updated. Changelog is small, but the changes are huge:

EDIT: Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/?712lq3zslaom6gg

STAGES:
- Replaced SR388 with Venus Lighthouse
- Replaced Ganondorf's Tower with Nimbasa Gym
- Replaced Mewtwo Stadium with Jungle Hijinx
- Updated Big Blue
- Music updated accordingly

COSTUMES:
- Updated the following characters with the Smash 3 textures:
Mario, Link, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Peach,
Zelda, Sheik, Marth, Roy, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Olimar,
Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Sonic
- Replaced Metal Sonic with Excalibur Sonic
- Updated El Globo Jigglypuff and Quickdraw Metaknight
- Replaced G&W's blue and green expanded colors with Game Boy green and white/black border
- Replaced Hocotate President model (Olimar) with President-colored Smash 3 Olimar
- Fixed issue with Mewtwo's team colors
- Shuffled some costumes a bit
- CSPs and BPs replaced accordingly

I'll work on updating the first post over spring break next week, including screenshots of this patch. It's finals week so this is all I can give for now.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
So how do I apply the patch if I already have the previous version of your build?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
See the 39 here?

Just swap those numbers and you'll swap the stage positions.
I tried that, but I only traded the SSS icons/previews while the stages remained in the same position so when I played the game the icons/stages were all messed up.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I tried that, but I only traded the SSS icons/previews while the stages remained in the same position so when I played the game the icons/stages were all messed up.
Make sure you're doing that on the SSS #1 and #2 tabs, not the first tab.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Make sure you're doing that on the SSS #1 and #2 tabs, not the first tab.
Thanks man, working perfectly now.
I couldn't enable on random the stages that I wanted to, but at least I could reorganize the SSS

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So I know it's been quiet around here lately. I don't really have a big patch coming up, I'm honestly pretty content with the build as is, slowly adding stuff in as it's released. I'll try to get a patch out tomorrow, along with updated complete changelists (no screenshots, I'm home for spring break so I'm stuck with my laptop. It can run Dolphin, but it looks nowhere near as nice as on my desktop).

I'll put the complete patch notes up tomorrow with the patch of course, but it was mostly minor changes, such as Marth costume updates and a couple stage additions such as Onett M. I've also replaced Geothermal Plant with an updated version, Pyrosphere. I don't have a Wii to test on right now though, can someone with one test Pyrosphere and see if it lags? Use default costumes, custom models will undoubtedly lag it to hell.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I already have Pyrosphere on my build, it runs amazingly smooth, specially compared to the former version.
I actually feel the whole game faster on that stage, which I really liked a lot. The platforms layout is great and their movement is nice.
I tested it with 2 custom models (Lucina and Wii Fit Trainer) and no lag at all.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I already have Pyrosphere on my build, it runs amazingly smooth, specially compared to the former version.
I actually feel the whole game faster on that stage, which I really liked a lot. The platforms layout is great and their movement is nice.
I tested it with 2 custom models (Lucina and Wii Fit Trainer) and no lag at all.
Awesome, looks like I'll be keeping it in then.

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
So I wanted to just change the RSBE01.gct file so that only select characters had the expanded character skin select thingy. I took the raw RSBE01.gct file from /codes and used the cBliss tool to do just that, and then stuck the file back in. I get in the game and for some reason, the volume randomly dips to really low levels for periods of time before shooting back up again just as randomly. At the same time, Dr. Mario won't put his cape away whenever I use it unless I use it again or get hitstunned. I don't know why.

But I just found out that there are actually three RSBE01.gct files in total, located in:
/codes
/projectm/full
/projectm/wifi

I assume that the /wifi one can be ignored, but do I need to change the one in /full? Would it be better to use your RSBE01.gct file instead of the base Project M one? Do you think that altering both would somehow correct the audio bug and Dr. Mario's cape?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So no updated patch after all?
Welp, that didn't happen. Lots of things came up. It'll be up in a day or two.

So I wanted to just change the RSBE01.gct file so that only select characters had the expanded character skin select thingy. I took the raw RSBE01.gct file from /codes and used the cBliss tool to do just that, and then stuck the file back in. I get in the game and for some reason, the volume randomly dips to really low levels for periods of time before shooting back up again just as randomly. At the same time, Dr. Mario won't put his cape away whenever I use it unless I use it again or get hitstunned. I don't know why.

But I just found out that there are actually three RSBE01.gct files in total, located in:
/codes
/projectm/full
/projectm/wifi

I assume that the /wifi one can be ignored, but do I need to change the one in /full? Would it be better to use your RSBE01.gct file instead of the base Project M one? Do you think that altering both would somehow correct the audio bug and Dr. Mario's cape?
Definitely just modify the one from the base Project M installation with the CBliss tool. Mine has a bunch of other misc crap in there too that could be causing your issues. You can replace all 3, but I don't think /full and /wifi are used yet and are just there for future versions of PM.

EDIT: So this patch would literally be only 5 files. I think I'll wait until I can put some more stuff in.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've waited a while and couldn't find too much else to put in, so here's Patch 6.

CHANGELOG:
COSTUMES:
- Replaced most of Zero Suit Samus's costumes with hybrid Other M style
- Added Smash 3 models for Falco and Meta Knight
- All icons updated accordingly

STAGES:
- Replaced Onett with Onett M
- Replaced Geothermal Plant with Pyrosphere
- Updated Luigi's Mansion and Venus Lighthouse
- Replaced HD Peach's Castle with Timde9's version

Downloads will be updated on the first post as soon as the patch and newest complete build finish uploading. I'll try to get some screenshots tonight, though admittedly there aren't many.

This will likely be the last patch for a long time. I'm really content with what this build has become, and I'll keep an eye out for updated stuff (Smash 3 textures, HD 64 stages, etc), but for the most part, there's not much else I want to do with it. I've updated the stage and costume changelists and I'll get updated screenshots when I can.

Last edited:

MV-Skipper

Smash Cadet
Well, I've waited a while and couldn't find too much else to put in, so here's Patch 6.

CHANGELOG:
COSTUMES:
- Replaced most of Zero Suit Samus's costumes with hybrid Other M style
- Added Smash 3 models for Falco and Meta Knight
- All icons updated accordingly

STAGES:
- Replaced Onett with Onett M
- Replaced Geothermal Plant with Pyrosphere
- Updated Luigi's Mansion and Venus Lighthouse
- Replaced HD Peach's Castle with Timde9's version

Downloads will be updated on the first post as soon as the patch and newest complete build finish uploading. I'll try to get some screenshots tonight, though admittedly there aren't many.

This will likely be the last patch for a long time. I'm really content with what this build has become, and I'll keep an eye out for updated stuff (Smash 3 textures, HD 64 stages, etc), but for the most part, there's not much else I want to do with it. I've updated the stage and costume changelists and I'll get updated screenshots when I can.
Did replace Dreamland HD with theytah's version?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So when are you going to update the OP?

[face_tal]
I just did the other day, everything aside from screenshots. I'll try to take care of those soon, my schedule for this last term is brutal though.

Narpas_sword

Is there any chance of getting a build with the character costumes only? Im not really wanting stages or music.

Reason being, there seems to be a lot more loading time now when selecting a stage (and sometimes hovering over a stage causes the music to skip)

Want to try with just costumes.

//Edit: Never mind, ive managed to make a build with cBLiss and copy the costumes over from yours, turns out its the costumes loading that take the time anyway =)

edit 2, it crashes(bzzt) on CSS when trying to load sheik08 or charizard08. Any ideas?
tried swapping out the costumes for others to no avail.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance of getting a build with the character costumes only? Im not really wanting stages or music.

Reason being, there seems to be a lot more loading time now when selecting a stage (and sometimes hovering over a stage causes the music to skip)

Want to try with just costumes.

//Edit: Never mind, ive managed to make a build with cBLiss and copy the costumes over from yours, turns out its the costumes loading that take the time anyway =)

edit 2, it crashes(bzzt) on CSS when trying to load sheik08 or charizard08. Any ideas?
tried swapping out the costumes for others to no avail.
Weird. If you didn't already, I would apply Mewtwo2000's CBliss Tool to a stock PM codeset, then import all of the custom crap. Make sure you copy the info, system, and menu folders.

Top Bottom