• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'll post again,

Ravens 26 - 49ers 23 OT.

Not really rooting for either team. I'll be happy with whoever wins.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Congrats to Ravens on the win. Lewis deserves it. 49ers just made one too many mistakes that any young team would make. Sucks, cause I actually think Seattle will be the better team next year.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Great Superbowl overall.

Flacco does deserve the MVP, but I really thought Jacoby Jones was going to get it. That touchdown where he caught the deep pass, went down, got back up, and improvised a TD run was huge by the end of the 1st half.

Then that kickoff return to start the 2nd half is what gave the Ravens enough of a lead to fend off the 49ers comeback. Good thing Ray Lewis decided to defer the offense getting the ball until the 2nd half when Baltimore won the coin toss.

Bartmanhomer

Smash Rookie
I saw the Super Bowl last night with my brother and his friend. It's was a close game. The 49ers was so close to win. :)

M@v

Subarashii!
Did anyone happen to look at their team's schedule for next season? We don't know who's playing each week, but we know all of our home and road opponents. You can find it on your team's website or NFL.com

Steeler's home schedule is pretty easy imo:

Browns
Bengals
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Titans
Lions
Bears

Only 2 of the 8 teams were playoff teams this year. Biggest team to worry about is the ravens, but that's almost always the case with steelers vs ravens, super bowl champs or not. Bears won't be good this year imo with all the changes.

Our road schedule, however, petrifies me:

Browns
Bengals
Ravens
Vikings (at London)
Raiders
Jets
Patriots
Packers

5 of our 8 road opponents were playoff teams this past year. I'm glad we don't have to waste a home game for London unlike the vikings, but its a long flight + Adrian Peterson.

Ravens (Possibly on opening night), Patriots, AND Packers all on the road?! T_T

P.S. lol we get the Jets again yessssss

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Home:
Texans
Jags
Titans
Broncos
Raiders
Dolphins
Seahawks
Rams

Peyton Comings homecoming should be insane. I don't know who to root for. Wilson vs Luck should get a lot of hype. 3 playoff teams, but the Seahawks, Rams and Dolphins all seem to be on the upswing. And the Raiders and Jags can't possibly be as bad as they wrre this year.

Away:
Texans
Jags
Titans
Chargers
Chiefs
Bengals
Niners
Cardinals

Playing in San Diego always sucks for us. Kinda scared of Andy Reid's Chiefs. Then there's the Niners, who will very likely destroy us. I don't know what to expect of the Bengals. And playing Bruce Arians' Cardinals should be interesting. I can see them getting way better.

Overall, I think the schedule will be way tougher than the 2012 records indicate. I'd be satisfied to just make the playoffs again. And I'm sad we won't get to play the Pats. Hopefully in the playoffs!

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Steeler's home schedule is pretty easy imo:
Bills

Our road schedule, however, petrifies me:

Vikings (at London)
Calling it now, Steelers will give up 300+ yards to CJ Spiller and AP.

Playing in San Diego always sucks for us. Kinda scared of Andy Reid's Chiefs.
It's okay, Jamaal Charles will only get about 6-8 carries. Once they're past that, the game will be easy.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Lions fan here. The following is their schedule:

Home:
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Giants
Cowboys
Bucs
Ravens
Bengals

Road:
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Eagles
Redskins
Cardinals
Steelers
Browns

If I was a Lions season ticket holder, I would love to go to all of these games. I don't like the look of it as to winning many games at home. The same goes for the road, however wins in Cleveland and Philadelphia seem possible. I'm calling for another 4-12 season, however I could forsee a 6-10 record. Detroit is cleaning house by getting rid of players, which is good in the case of those like Titus Young, but will this allow for rookies/potential free agents to step up?

I don't know what to make of the Lions. They went 4-12 and finished losing I think 10 straight. Nearly all those games were close, such as against the Colts and the Texans, but unfortunately that's been the culture of the Lions. The Lions will somehow make things look good, and then fall apart at crunch time. 2011 was a different story with some crazy comebacks in the Metrodome and Cowboys stadium, but that was just one year.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This was pathetic on so many levels from both sides...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...bayless-provides-marginal-234849310--nfl.html

Of course, according to Sherman's PR, Jem, Richard Sherman was simply expressing the chasm in his soul, but failed to deliver it properly due to the walls that cover his fuzzy heart. Skip Bayless played the devil in luring Sherman to come off as "rude" when he was simply stating factual data backed up by years of scientific research. One should obviously know that making millions of dollars and being in the NFL automatically makes you better than anyone else. One can also see the poor editing, that someone had dubbed over Sherman's kind words and replaced them with "thug" talk. I am disappointed in ESPN, and I have contacted them to submit an apology to their front page. I have also requested that Adam Schefter and his "sources" break the news on Sports Center so we can clear Sherman's honorable name.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If I heard right, he's with the Broncos? The (regular) season may as well be over already.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mhm. I don't care what team, I care that the Patriots were ******** enough to lose him. Now if Gronkowski gets injured again I may as well stop caring.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Alright, the Lions actually made a nice move in free agency. I'm not set on the Lions really going anywhere for the 2013 season, but I believe they will go from at least a 4 win team to maybe a 7 win team and contending for a playoff spot. I do like the offense of Stafford, Bush and C. Johnson.

Their defense is still a concern. In the 2011 season when they went 10-6 that defense gave up a lot of points each game. Losing Cliff Avril didn't help. The Lions also need to have a better offensive line.

The Broncos are looking sharp for 2013. They were already in good position before, but now with Welker as an extra option for Manning, things will be interesting. They also got Cromarte.

Top Bottom