• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
49ers-Pats would be the most interesting IMO. Harbaugh bowl would be lame. The Niners do everything the Ravens try to do but better.

Jem.

Smash Master
Wasn't Sherman also responsible for Roddy getting a 50 yard TD?
Kam Chancellor was supposed to be over the top but wasn't, so it kind of sold Sherman out because Sherman was assuming Chancellor would be over the top.

Sherman was also targetted heavily in the first half, and they took a few deep shots at Sherman with no help and he swatted it and defensed it beautifully. Besides the 47 yarder, Roddy only had 30 yards after that. Not bad when the Seahawks had no resemblance of a pass rush lol. Then Julio had 6 for 59. All pretty pedestrian days, especially when you compare to Zach Miller and Golden Tate. 8 for 142 tor Miller, 6 for 103 to Tate.

I think Seattle exposed the Falcons especially on defense but choked at the end. Vernon Davis can have a huge day vs the Falcons if Zach Miller can

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Technically, the Falcons ranked 3rd best against the Tight End this season + Kaep doesn't look to Vernon as much as Crabtree. You can just look at the numbers pre and after Alex Smith and see the difference.

So iono if Kaep will be looking Vernon's way often.

Reizilla

A non-Colts, Steelers, Pats, AFC team hasn't played in the Superbowl in 9 years. Let's make it 10!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I was so pissed when that challenge stood on the deep ball for the 49ers game lol. Harbaugh's reaction was priceless.

Not gonna lie, being a 49er fan and all...it sucks it has to be against Baltimore with Ray in his final season. To be honest, I think Baltimore is going to be favored with all that emotion they are riding.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I was so pissed when that challenge stood on the deep ball for the 49ers game lol. Harbaugh's reaction was priceless.

Not gonna lie, being a 49er fan and all...it sucks it has to be against Baltimore with Ray in his final season. To be honest, I think Baltimore is going to be favored with all that emotion they are riding.
Being a Ravens fan, I'm just looking forward to a great game that doesn't involve the Patriots/Steelers/Colts like Rei said :3

Dude, John/Jim's father must be so proud right now

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm salty it doesn't involve the Steelers for obvious reasons.

But more importantly, this pic finished me.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Harbaugh's reaction to the call was my favorite thing to come outta that game. Being a Bucs and Cowboys fan, didn't really want the Falcons or 49ers representing the NFC.

I got all of my predictions in the AFC right tho. Still pulling for Ray Lewis to come out as a champion again.
And now looking at it, my only predictions that were wrong were games involving the 49ers, lol.

Reizilla

Damn Ravens ruining the streak.

That's probably the worst the Pats have played in a game I've watched.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that the Pats have lost, and am hoping for a Ravens win. But then again, I wouldn't mind a 49ers win either, I was just angry that they took out the Falcons.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Anyone with predictions for the Superbowl?

I'm calling for a Ravens win 26-23 in OT

-Baltimore will win the coin toss, and then kick a 43 yard FG.
-San Fransisco will get the ball, and then Ray Lewis will get a Superbowl walk-off Interception.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
It's gonna come down to a FG, and Akers will fail once again.
I'll believe in Akers, because he did the Eagles good here in Philly. Having an off year, sure, but he was still one of the best last season for a reason. I'm guessing playing through whatever surgery he had is more difficult than he thought.

I don't see this coming down to a field goal anyway. Probably gonna come down to if the Ravens offense can hit its home run plays for the 4th straight week (to which I say no). I'm going with 24-15 49ers: missed 2-pt conversion for the Ravens to tie it up at 17, and Kaepernick strolls down the field to put the game away.

M@v

Subarashii!
Anyone with predictions for the Superbowl?

I'm calling for a Ravens win 26-23 in OT

-Baltimore will win the coin toss, and then kick a 43 yard FG.
-San Fransisco will get the ball, and then Ray Lewis will get a Superbowl walk-off Interception.
A super bowl has never gone to OT.

Not saying there isn't a first time for everything.

This superbowl is a worst case scenario as a steelers fan btw, just as the AFC championship was a worst case scenario.

If the Ravens win, well its the Ravens, and their fans won't stfu the next few months (NOT to mention I'm moving to the baltimore area soon, so I'll have to hear it first hand, as there's no way I'm hiding my Steeler pride).

If the Niners win though, they will tie the steelers for most superbowl wins by a franchise, and will be 6-0 in superbowls compared to our 6-2.

....So I'm going with the Ravens. That horror will only last until the next season starts. Also 52 can have a storybook ending like 36 did for us. The niners tie will last until we are able to win another one.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I remember seeing this dude after the Ravens won the AFC Championship. Glad ESPN did a full take on it. Brings so many tears to my eyes. The fact he might pass away after this year makes a part of me root even more for the Ravens to come out on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk46MJr00Ew
That was a great watch. I never knew this man before. I'm glad he gives as much as he can. Thanks for the link Bored.

Top Bottom