• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL: SAINTS WIN THE SUPERBOWLL congrats

Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Saints

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Colts

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Well if anyone here watches football who do u think will win this years superbowl? and who is your favorite team,

well for me if the steelers don't get into the playoffs which they most likely wont i hope the chargers will win the superbowl

favorite team obviously the steelers (I live in Pittsburgh i rep where i live except for baseball the pirates suck)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, i know the Browns won't get into the playoffs xD;
But i'm hoping the Saints win. Great team right there.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
49ers let me down over over...
im a huge cardinals, chargers, and eagles fan though!
pushing more for cardinals

Gaara♥

Smash Master
44 - 7.... yeah they might have this lol
i pretty much like every team in the playoffs except dallas and patriots.... and i will be mad if steelers make it in!!!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Hoping the Jets can pull out 1 more W vs the Bengals tonight to get us into the playoffs. I think San Diego is the team to beat in the postseason though

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm a big Pats fan, but considering Wes Welker just got hurt, I think we're screwed.

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
Patriots are gonna lose to the Ravens regardless of injuries next week.

I think the Jets, Packers, Vikings and Of course the Colts all have a good shot, but I'd like to see youngest NFL franchise acquire their second ring.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Colts are my favorite team and i have them picked to take it all.....but the playoffs will be rough for them. they've been knocked out by the chargers twice and they just about never play their best games against the patriots. If they get matched up with either one of them......fingers crossed :)

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
I vote for the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders.

Oh, and they would be playing in mud. :D

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol stop hating on the Jets so much jus cuz your team aint in the playoffs. We got the best D in the league and our run game is great. We just have to minimize the amount of turnovers Sanchez creates and we've done a good job of that these past 2 games.

We were 4-6 and had to win 5 outta our last 6 to get into the playoffs, granted one was a free win by the Colts but we also blew a game vs the Falcons. But whatever get over it teams that barely missed out

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Jets have great defense, everyone knows that, but I don't think they'll make the playoffs.

And with these injuries for my Patriots, I don't think they will either. But who knows. :D

-Terywj

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
Gotta go with my team, the vikings. Just let them win so Favre can sleep easy. No more coming out of retirement.

Kingsmash-a-lot

Smash Apprentice
Favorite team is Ravens. Almost didn't make it there but I'm seeing San Diego winning it all. I think they're the most consistant team this season. But if Ravens win I'd be happy too.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I had the Eagles to win it all until they embarrassed themselves yesterday. Now I really don't know. My favorite team is the 49ers, so even though we didn't make the playoffs, 8-8 is an improvement over where we've been for the last few years.

I went on this rant elsewhere on the site, I wanted to see what football fans think of it:

Well, this has shaped up to be quite possibly the worst NFL post-season I've ever seen. Wild card weekend, and three of the four games are rematches from Week 17 blowouts. Wonderful.

But more generally, the NFL that I've known is dying. Roger Godell and the ownership seem hell-bent on hollowing out the sport to maximize profits. There's going to be a lockout in two years, they want more neutral-site and out of country games, they want to expand the season to 18 games, they want to "incentivize" the end of the season to make teams play their starters all the way through, not to mention all of the smaller rule changes they've made to "protect" players (read: make their bodies last longer for more games) and that reward offense over defense. All of these things are watering down the sport to make it appeal to a larger audience with more games, higher scores and longer playoffs (that's next; they're going to expand the playoffs, mark my words).

The NFL is going to look entirely different in 3 years, and it's not going to look good.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Lol stop hating on the Jets so much jus cuz your team aint in the playoffs. We got the best D in the league and our run game is great. We just have to minimize the amount of turnovers Sanchez creates and we've done a good job of that these past 2 games.

We were 4-6 and had to win 5 outta our last 6 to get into the playoffs, granted one was a free win by the Colts but we also blew a game vs the Falcons. But whatever get over it teams that barely missed out
uh i didn't say i hate the jets and what does that have to do with the steelers? i just dont think the jets arent much of playoff material

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i think the jets are the only " WTF " team there but they did impress me with that 37 - 0 victory over the bangles. I guess I never really paid attention to the jets except for when Favre was there

S

smash brawl player 99021

@Gaius: Considering most of the teams did much better this year, I don't really agree with you. I mean, look at all the teams that went 8-8, 8-7, etc. Much better than teams that perform terribly (Washington Redskins). But, whatever you say.

Honestly, as of right now, I think it'll be the Colts/Saints/Chargers. Chargers are on a streak right now soooo...

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
I personally am an Iggles fan, but how they played against dallas on sunday scared me. If they can pull off a win this sunday, I think they'll have a very strong run to the SuperBowl.
On the AFC side, I'm rooting for the Jets because Mark Sanchez went to my high school

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I think the playoffs this year are overall going to be great. The first round probabally not so much because it's got 3 rematches from the last week of the season (What were the chances of that?) I think once it gets to the divisional round though things will heat up.

The NFC is very interesting. Every NFC playoff team has a great storyline. The Eagles have been great in the playoffs this decade so will they continue that trend? How interesting will Dallas be if they actually win? Green Bay is on fire right now and will they get to take on the Vikings again? Will the Saints rebound? Will the Cards make a back to back Superbowl appearance?

In the AFC there is the red hot chargers with 11 straight wins, the Colts who if they go all out could be a threat, the Patriots who could make things interesting despite losing Welker...and that's really about it from my perspective in the AFC. If the Bengals had won 2 more games they'd be more interesting; but then again they made the playoffs and without a doubt are the suprise team to have done so. The Ravens could make a run at it. Perhaps the Jets late season rally will get them going.

I'm so glad Denver didn't make it. It would have sucked if a team finishing 2-6 in the 2nd half somehow got in. That happened to the Lions in the 1999/2000 season and either the Redskins or Bucs owned them in the first round.

Usually the AFC is the more interesting conference, but this postseason I'm looking more forward to the NFC. Getcha popcorn ready.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
my favorite team is the saints since they are my hometown team. they were really good until i saw that they lost to the bucs...seriously.....THE BUCS!? i understand that brunell dont have the same experience as Bres. and the defense and offense really need to step it up some.

Prawn

Smash Master
Pats are gonna **** up the Ravens and whoever else

PATRIOTS MOTHER****AAAAAAAAAAS

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Whoever it is, I'm hoping it's a good match since I'm going to the superbowl this year :3

I'm hoping Dallas gets there, **** the eagles.

Top Bottom