• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL: SAINTS WIN THE SUPERBOWLL congrats

Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Saints

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Colts

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
So great that the division rivals got cracked on Sunday. The Chargers are gnna be a rough game for the Jets but Im hoping they can squeak one out. Jets are definitly gonna make a game outta it though.

As for the other matchups
Colts over Ravens(Itd be nice to get that rematch if NY beats SD, but then again we'd be the home team if BAL won lol)
Cowboys over Vikings
Cards over Saints

Saints look so depleted at this point. Maybe theyll surprise me this weekend

D20

Smash Lord
Hopefully the games will be good this weekend. I can see all of them going either way. I honestly have no clue where the Jets came from. They looked like a completely different team the last few weeks, and I think they have nearly a 50/50 shot against the Chargers.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The Pats game was saddening, but predictable.

Anyways I'm a huge Pats fan, but not along the descriptions above.

So please don't hate me.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
lol ur a pats fan but u want the team that knocked the patriots out of the playoffs to win lol irony?
That doesn't matter, the best team(s) will be playing in the SuperBowl. If the Pats were looking good at the start of the playoffs I might've said that they would be going to the SuperBowl. The best team will play and win.

And right now it's the Ravens and the Saints.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I was pretty disappointed in the way they played...if they actually looked like they tried I might've changed my opinion. But they didn't...so...

-Terywj

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I hate the Jets

I was 0-4 with my picks this week. I give up. Time to watch college basketball.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Even though the Superbowl has been the best game of the playoffs (especially the last two years hands down) my favorite weekend in football is the AFC/NFC Championship. The two teams in each conference want to get to the Superbowl so badly and they will be very competitive against each other to do so. Fantasies and dreams of making the Superbowl are on the line, even if the players have been there before.

The Patriots/Colts 2007 AFC Championship was amazing and the frigid NFC Championship of 2008 between the Giants/Packers is very memorable.

Here are my picks:

Jets 17 Colts 27: I think Indy will for the most part control the game from the start. The Jets might go up 3-0 but I think Indy's offense will be too much (Even though I thought that with the Chargers) It'll be tough for New York to win 3 in a row, especially on the road. It wouldn't suprise me if New York pulled it off or made it close though, but I think the Colts have this.

Vikings 24 Saints 30 OT: This one will be a thriller in the Superdome. Favre vs. Brees, Bush vs. Peterson, two good defenses and they've both been among the top teams in the NFL all year long. I basically picked the Saints because they're at home. The Vikings have been rolling lately by dominating the Giants and Cowboys though. Even though the Saints finished weak to close the regular season they're playing like a team on fire (only after one game?) This is going to be an epic game. Both of them haven't been to the Superbowl in what feels like forever. It's going to be a smashfest in order to live the dream of arriving to the Superbowl.

I'm not pulling for or hating either team. I just want to watch some good football the rest of the playoffs. Getcha popcorn ready! May the best team win.

Peeze

Smash Master
Every time i doubt the Vikes they pull it out(thats what she said).
And everytime i doubt the jets(which is always) they pull it out.
I'm now a believer.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
If there is a God in heaven the Super Bowl will not be Jets-Vikings.

That would be my no-win scenario

kit

Smash Apprentice
vikings

but maybe the jets because i don't really like them and I felt from the beginning of the playoffs they were the least likely team to do anything... so they have a good chance now for irony lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
vikings

but maybe the jets because i don't really like them and I felt from the beginning of the playoffs they were the least likely team to do anything... so they have a good chance now for irony lol
Irony wins always happen. Perhaps it'll be the Jets.

-Terywj

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I was pretty disappointed in the way they played...if they actually looked like they tried I might've changed my opinion. But they didn't...so...
Well, as a Cowboy's fan, I'm more disappointed in the O-Line than anything. Tony Romo can only be responsible for so much when he's being abused like he was. 6 sacks is a sign you didn't show up.

And honestly, our defense was there. They just got beaten by Favre. It's amazing that I can say they played good after letting up 30 points, but they really were playing. The offense was just so much of a let down it didn't matter. Also, if you never score, the defense is playing with their backs against the wall anyways.

But enough of that. Jets are surprising, but they won't beat Indy. Peyton is silly smart, and Rex Ryan made that Raven's D what it is. Essentially, Peyton's playing the same defense, and he's too good for that.

As for the Vikqueens, they scare me. The Saints proved they were vulnerable, and although they're still the best offense in the league, Jared Allen is a difference maker for the Vikings. I like Minnesota there.

So a Favre/Manning Superbowl? Count me in. I still like the Vikings as the most sound team all around, but I cannot, for the life of me, pick against the Colts. I don't understand it, but they just flat out win. Peyton wins another.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think the Colts will win the Superbowl. My team is the Dallas Cowboys and I'm a very disappointed (but not surprised) fan.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I think the Colts will win the Superbowl. My team is the Dallas Cowboys and I'm a very disappointed (but not surprised) fan.
Yah my wife is also a big Cowboys fan, so now she's bound to root Vikings against the Saints, but me, I like the Saints for this year's NFC champs... Jets for AFC, and in the SB, Saints all the way!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yah my wife is also a big Cowboys fan, so now she's bound to root Vikings against the Saints, but me, I like the Saints for this year's NFC champs... Jets for AFC, and in the SB, Saints all the way!
I have the Vikings reaching the Superbowl. I really have nothing against them. They came ready to play and the Cowboys offense didn't. Now I'm just trying to look at the rest of these matchups objectively.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't like football much (or any sports at that), but I heard a few classmates saying that the vikings would win the superbowl. I heard that they would be playing against the saints or something. I don't know much about this, but this is my only source

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I don't like football much (or any sports at that), but I heard a few classmates saying that the vikings would win the superbowl. I heard that they would be playing against the saints or something. I don't know much about this, but this is my only source
Haha, they're playing the Saints this week, in the NFC championship... so no...

But I did notice you're from Miami? The Superbowl's being played there. What's the hype like, if there is any?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
well seems like the championship games are gonna be on today Jets vs the Colts and the Saints vs the Vikings

i would like the Jets to win over the colts but I don't think they will

and i have the Saints over the Vikings

anyone else?
Still like the Colts and the Vikings today. Watching this Colts/Jets game now. Exactly as hard hitting and close as it was hyped to be. Should be a great ending.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
It's Official. Colts vs. Saints in Superbowl XLIV.

I just finished watching the NFC Championship game. A very entertaining game. If I were a Vikings player I would be so disillusioned. 4 fumbles, 2 Interceptions, Defense played very well but it didn't lead to the win like it should, offense had possession in the final 15 seconds and turned it over. It's those things that the Vikings will think about forever. I wonder though what really made the difference. A Saints defense that forced several turnovers or a Minnesota team that kep making bad mistakes.

The Jets/Colts game was entertaining as well. The Colts offense is too good. (Not that anyone didn't already know this.) This will be an interesting Superbowl. The two teams with the best records all season will square off.

Top Bottom