• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Smash 4! - Toms River, NJ - Sept 27, 08. -SINGLES AND DOUBLES!

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
thats not the point

some people rely on counterpicks to win vs certain characters such as ddd who **** characters.

the rules just promote spamming snake/mk/random top tier or main in each set instead of just using your main because you can get screwed out of a counterpick for no reason
Yeah you can, its luck. i dont deny anything u just said, ive seen it happen once.

The rules are pretty lame...
i guess, i still dont care, it saves me a drive.

the tournament is like 3 blocks away. lol.

Why can't you make the rules actually acceptable?
because im not the host? lol if you have THAT big a problem with it call the host, im just advertising the tournament.

MY tournament will be STANDARD play. because i enjoy using the same character more then once, but i like my alts also. w/e

if you dislike the rules that much, dont come =/

though id like to see you all there, im just spreading the word.. u might bad mouth it now, but everyone always has a lot of fun.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Post this on AllIsBrawl so more people come! I'd like the attendance to be high because the pot gets super ***** and the winners can't make money without a lot of players there.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Post this on AllIsBrawl so more people come! I'd like the attendance to be high because the pot gets super ***** and the winners can't make money without a lot of players there.
i actually never made an AIB, ill do it tomorrow i guess.

edit: what do you mean the pot gets *****? He takes 30%.

we get 70% how does it possibly get ***** ive been to tournaments where people take 50% thats ****** the pot.

how is 30% ****** it?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm probably going to come to this tourney as long as Inui doesn't make his tourney the same day "you can always wait till October Inui"

Team MOB will probably tag along too.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I challenge you to Falco dittos, Keitaro. 25 cents, best of 3. XD

I picked Falco up Friday night, so I'm not expecting much.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
30% isn't as bad as the 35% that the North Jersey places take, but it's still really gay.

How come you can't ban Great Sea, Pictochat, and the other luck-based extremely gay stages? Can you at least ban a counterpick stage or two? The stage rules are really bad, on top of the character rule being terrible. This tournament can't count for rankings if the rules are this terrible, and travelling to go play in a tournament with abysmal rules =/= an attractive idea.

Keitaro, I already announced my large tournament for October 4th.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
30% isn't as bad as the 35% that the North Jersey places take, but it's still really gay.

How come you can't ban Great Sea, Pictochat, and the other luck-based extremely gay stages? Can you at least ban a counterpick stage or two? The stage rules are really bad, on top of the character rule being terrible. This tournament can't count for rankings if the rules are this terrible, and travelling to go play in a tournament with abysmal rules =/= an attractive idea.

hmm.. i forgot to change the stages, Picto chat is aloud.

every tournament ive been to has had it.. ures is the only one that doesnt have it, lol.

how the hell can u have norfair on? u get hit by a wall of lava.

all Cps have something wrong with them.

as for Pirate ship, that will be banned.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
every tournament ive been to has had it.. ures is the only one that doesnt have it, lol.
Every tournament in NJ has been ran by people that don't draw the same size crowd that dmbrandon and I did, nor are they hosted by people that are ranked high in the state.

Pictochat has random, uncontrollable, match-deciding events.

-Spikes can pop up randomly and kill you at much lower damage than the lava on Norfair.
-The random missles can appear on you and kill you, or the very least do a whopping 25 damage, which is less than Norfair's lava or any other stage hazard in the game.
-You can be recovering and get stopped by a giant line that just appears on the stage and cuts in half.
-You can be recovering and get stopped by some dumb face and die.
-Walls appear, and we all know how gay those can be.

The problem with these events is that they are completely random and unpredictable. There's no skill involved when it comes to dealing with them. It's just luck.

how the hell can u have norfair on? u get hit by a wall of lava.
Norfair might get banned, but it's not as bad as Pictochat.

-The lava does less damage and kills you at higher percents than the hazards on Pictochat.
-It's obvious and you can do something about it, unlike Pictochat's complete randomness.

all Cps have something wrong with them.
The ones I have on are not gamebreaking.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Every tournament in NJ has been ran by people that don't draw the same size crowd that dmbrandon and I did, nor are they hosted by people that are ranked high in the state.

Pictochat has random, uncontrollable, match-deciding events.

-Spikes can pop up randomly and kill you at much lower damage than the lava on Norfair.
-The random missles can appear on you and kill you, or the very least do a whopping 25 damage, which is less than Norfair's lava or any other stage hazard in the game.
-You can be recovering and get stopped by a giant line that just appears on the stage and cuts in half.
-You can be recovering and get stopped by some dumb face and die.
-Walls appear, and we all know how gay those can be.

The problem with these events is that they are completely random and unpredictable. There's no skill involved when it comes to dealing with them. It's just luck.

Norfair might get banned, but it's not as bad as Pictochat.

-The lava does less damage and kills you at higher percents than the hazards on Pictochat.
-It's obvious and you can do something about it, unlike Pictochat's complete randomness.

The ones I have on are not gamebreaking.

all points taken and accounted for, maybe i will put on norfair.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol i won vs a good snake on norfair because the gay lava and low ceiling+ up smash at like 55%. pirate ship n pictochat should never be a cp, nj is werid O.o

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
And This Is Where My Size 13 Meets Inui's ***

LOL HOW ARE THOSE STAGES LUCKED BASE I THINK PPL LIKE YOU ARE TRYIGN TO TURN SMASH INTO STREET FIGHTER LOL. HAZZARDS AND THE DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENTS MAKE UP SMASH. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT OUT YOU FOOL I GUESS PPL LIKE U JUST WANT TO SPAM **** AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE STAGES AND WHAT NOT. I CAN TELL PPL LIKE YOU WOULDNT LIKE COMING TO GAUNTLETS LOL. YOUR FUNNY THOUGH MAN YOUR RULES ARENT THE BEST EITHER SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR ****ING A ONE MAN MLG. Here's an idea for the opposing tournament host, if inui holds it the same day pay someone to secretly go to inuis tournament to **** up the brackets and lay stick bombs all over the place, **** i would do that lol.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ill pay anyone who comes and gives me a ride like if ur from north jersey cuz ull have to pass by central jersey ( i lives in somerset county) i really wanna go.

to tbag tbagz of course

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
For the registration at noon, is that registration time for singles, doubles, or can you sign up for either tourney at that time? I'm asking because I only have enough money to enter the singles tourney so I'm planning on coming around the time that registration starts for the singles tourney.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
cannot use the same character twice in the same set
in sets that are best of 5, you may use the character more than once, but not twice in a row
I think I caught what must be a typo in your ruleset. Corrected, it should read:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL HOW ARE THOSE STAGES LUCKED BASE I THINK PPL LIKE YOU ARE TRYIGN TO TURN SMASH INTO STREET FIGHTER LOL. HAZZARDS AND THE DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENTS MAKE UP SMASH. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT OUT YOU FOOL I GUESS PPL LIKE U JUST WANT TO SPAM **** AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE STAGES AND WHAT NOT. I CAN TELL PPL LIKE YOU WOULDNT LIKE COMING TO GAUNTLETS LOL. YOUR FUNNY THOUGH MAN YOUR RULES ARENT THE BEST EITHER SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR ****ING A ONE MAN MLG. Here's an idea for the opposing tournament host, if inui holds it the same day pay someone to secretly go to inuis tournament to **** up the brackets and lay stick bombs all over the place, **** i would do that lol.
If you think Pictochat doesn't have a lot of luck, then you're pretty uneducated about the stage.

Messing with my tournaments/venue = messing with my dad and a whole hotel. Not very smart.

GET RID OF THE GARBAGE CHARACTER RULE.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
GET RID OF THE GARBAGE CHARACTER RULE.
you think i love it? my alts are only half as good as my main. you dont think id love to use my main every round? but my alts are better then most peoples alts so this is a chance for me to get some cash. Ive always gotten top 5 at these tournaments. and i will continue to go to them because i have a better then average alts.

if my progress report for school isnt bad ill hold a standard play tournament.

but regardless, dont like it. no ones forcing you to come inui.

its people like you who cant adapt to a different style of play once in a while, regardless how tournaments should be played.

its actually really fun for a change, dont knock it till you try it.

and stop with the BLEH I OWN A HOTEL, IM RICH MWAHAHAHAHA i have power! get over it bro, its getting annoying how much u bring it up in conversations, just play brawl/ melee and enjoy the game. and everyone get along with everyone -.-

ill pay anyone who comes and gives me a ride like if ur from north jersey cuz ull have to pass by central jersey ( i lives in somerset county) i really wanna go.

to tbag tbagz of course

Lol, i look foward to it, NO homo.

but My name isnt Tbagz for the reason your thinking of, how i got my name is a long story

For the registration at noon, is that registration time for singles, doubles, or can you sign up for either tourney at that time? I'm asking because I only have enough money to enter the singles tourney so I'm planning on coming around the time that registration starts for the singles tourney.
Singles is first, then doubles, dont ask me why i have no idea why ray does it like that, lol.

So be there 12-1 IF YOU WILL BE LATE CALL the nexus and he will seed u into the brackets and u pay us when u get there

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I think I caught what must be a typo in your ruleset. Corrected, it should read:
Learning a secondary in Brawl isn't all that difficult. Just pick a character that you like or one that can compliment your main's weaknesses.

@ Inui: You roll about 5 deep when it comes to characters. I don't see why you are so mad about the character thing.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Learning a secondary in Brawl isn't all that difficult. Just pick a character that you like or one that can compliment your main's weaknesses.

@ Inui: You roll about 5 deep when it comes to characters. I don't see why you are so mad about the character thing.
thats what i heard, in my opinion, if your good with more then one character, which MOST players can ATLEAST use 2, i dont see the big deal with the rule.

though i wont lie, id rather play standard.

but this rule still doesnt bother me

Snakeee

Smash Master
The character rule affects me pretty negatively, but I do like having a reason to bring out Sheik/Zelda since I put a lot of work into them and never really have to use them.

I'm closer to Gamingworld, but I'm not sure which one I'll go to now.
EDIT: leaning toward this one

I just hope there will be no confusion on payouts this time, huh Tbagz :)

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
The character rule affects me pretty negatively, but I do like having a reason to bring out Sheik/Zelda since I put a lot of work into them and never really have to use them.

I'm closer to Gamingworld, but I'm not sure which one I'll go to now.
EDIT: leaning toward this one

I just hope there will be no confusion on payouts this time, huh Tbagz :)
lol there wont be, the real tournament host will be there this time =)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wtf @ Tbagz

I have a lot of really good secondaries and often use multiple characters in sets anyways, so the character rule isn't just something I could easily adapt to, but it's something that turns major tournament threats like Snakeee, Shadow, Keitaro, and Jigglymaster into far lesser ones, so it only helps me.

I still disagree with it strongly.

and stop with the BLEH I OWN A HOTEL, IM RICH MWAHAHAHAHA i have power! get over it bro, its getting annoying how much u bring it up in conversations, just play brawl/ melee and enjoy the game. and everyone get along with everyone -.-
I don't understand the point of this paragraph or why you wrote it.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well Inui, my brother can beat me with almost every character in the cast now, but that's also because he plays against me too much. I've also been training my Sheik/Zelda a lot, and Marth is pretty simple for me to use.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
wtf @ Tbagz

I have a lot of really good secondaries and often use multiple characters in sets anyways, so the character rule isn't just something I could easily adapt to, but it's something that turns major tournament threats like Snakeee, Shadow, Keitaro, and Jigglymaster into far lesser ones, so it only helps me.

I still disagree with it strongly.

I don't understand the point of this paragraph or why you wrote it.
i wrote the paragraph because every chance you get, you play the i own a hotel card/ im a certified tournament host.

not all of us get to have a personal tournament where we can host what ever we want when ever. thats what i ment.

and if you dont mind the rule, cuz i have heard your secondaries are good, come to this tournament.

then it will be easy money? =p

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to Gaming World.

-I like the venue host and I heard bad things about the one for Nexus.
-Better rules.
-I want to **** Kai and Jigglymaster.
-Atomsk and I are going to one event while Snakeee and Shadow go to another so both pairs can win money more easily.

Max Ketchum

Gaming World's host is really chill. I like him.

Inui, you really consider Jigglymaster a big threat in tourneys? I 2-stocked his Jigglypuff last week (though that's not really an accomplishment), and got his Diddy down to his last stock and high percentage with ROB (who I barely play) on a laggy TV.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Gaming World's host is really chill. I like him.

Inui, you really consider Jigglymaster a big threat in tourneys? I 2-stocked his Jigglypuff last week (though that's not really an accomplishment), and got his Diddy down to his last stock and high percentage with ROB (who I barely play) on a laggy TV.
you guys never got to meet ray =/. but yes i do like the gaming world host regardless he LITERALLY ***** the pot. he takes like 50%

I'm going to Gaming World.

-I like the venue host and I heard bad things about the one for Nexus.
-Better rules.
-I want to **** Kai and Jigglymaster.
-Atomsk and I are going to one event while Snakeee and Shadow go to another so both pairs can win money more easily.
ray is the chillest person in the world, so idk what your talking about? bad things about the host?

Ray: ok.. Spade vs tbagz

random smasher: ... I DONT LIKE THIS GUY!!!!

Max Ketchum

****. I need a ride here...would anyone be willing to pick me up from Rochelle Park if I split gas with you?

Snakeee

Smash Master
I assume teams is $25 total, not per teammate lol. But, can you make that clear and say $12.50 per teammate on the first page because it might steer a few ppl away. It's a pretty odd amount to use though.

Top Bottom