• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I talking about the term “more than anyone” meaning he thought ayumi was even more unknown out of Japan than everyone else
I suppose if Sakurai said that it probably has to do with the fact that Famicom Detective Club had not seen a release in over a decade, on top of Famicom Detective Club's text heavy nature making it especially inaccessible to audiences outside of Japan.

Fire Emblem doesn't do English speaking audience too many favors either, but I think an untranslated VN is about as far flung as you can get. And Fire Emblem actually seeing frequent releases that established it as an active franchise was probably enough of a point in its favor to go ahead and develop Marth in his own right, even if he wasn't gonna be in the worldwide release initially.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I suppose if Sakurai said that it probably has to do with the fact that Famicom Detective Club had not seen a release in over a decade, on top of Famicom Detective Club's text heavy nature making it especially inaccessible to audiences outside of Japan.

Fire Emblem doesn't do English speaking audience too many favors either, but I think an untranslated VN is about as far flung as you can get. And Fire Emblem actually seeing frequent releases that established it as an active franchise was probably enough of a point in its favor to go ahead and develop Marth in his own right, even if he wasn't gonna be in the worldwide release initially.
that makes a certain amount of sense

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
OK, hear me out...

When it comes to survival horror representation in Smash, a lot of people would ask for Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Both of those would be great, but you know what I think would be an interesting (though rather niche) survival horror rep which also counts as a graphic adventure rep?

Clock Tower.
I doubt it'd get a character, but I'd looove a Clock Tower stage with music from throughout the series and the Scissorman as either a stage exclusive enemy/hazard or as an AT.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Do you think a run and gun character could work for Smash? (E.G. Bill Rizer (as I mentioned before), Marco Rossi (Metal Slug), Albatross (Rolling Thunder), Cormano (Sunset Riders), Earthworm Jim)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I love the idea of a Resident Evil character who has an inventory they can navigate filled with limited ammunition and healing items.
Oh dear god...they'd ruin the RE character the same way they ruined Hero...

Do you think a run and gun character could work for Smash? (E.G. Bill Rizer (as I mentioned before), Marco Rossi (Metal Slug)
I mean. Mega Man is in Smash. So, yes.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If Reimu Hakurei from Touhou (Touhou Project in Japan) ever got into Smash, she’d probably need new remixes of Bad Apple (combining elements of the original Lotus Land Story version and the popular vocal version) and U.N. Owen Was Her

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If Reimu Hakurei from Touhou (Touhou Project in Japan) ever got into Smash, she’d probably need new remixes of Bad Apple (combining elements of the original Lotus Land Story version and the popular vocal version) and U.N. Owen Was Her
I don't think Reimu deserves more than a Mii Costume, but my top 3 Touhou song picks are:
UN Owen Was Her
Bad Apple
Help Me Erin

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Red/Blue from Gunstar Heroes might actually be my dream run and gun pick if just for the potential their mechanics with their weapon variety. The simplest way would simply to have one as a semi clone of the other with the fixed/free mechanic (and how their weapon mixes are affected as a result) as the contrast. Simply having one character that can freely switch between either mode is a possibility but then the weapon types would likely not be chosen by the player (as having two gimmicks like that on top of each other might be a bit much).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh dear god...they'd ruin the RE character the same way they ruined Hero...
Hard disagree.

The MP system grants you access to some of the strongest projectiles and attacks in the game and is self-sustaining.

The Resident Evil system with limited ammunition and like two green herbs does nothing but screw you over when you’re out on your last stock. Unless there’s random bull**** spawning on the map for you to grab, it’s all detrimental. :iwatadirect:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Hard disagree.

The MP system grants you access to some of the strongest projectiles and attacks in the game and is self-sustaining.

The Resident Evil system with limited ammunition and like two green herbs does nothing but screw you over when you’re out on your last stock. Unless there’s random bull**** spawning on the map for you to grab, it’s all detrimental. :iwatadirect:
Please no, especially the healing item. That's not even something unique to Resident evil, I don't see why it need to be in the moveset.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I just want to say I recently did a CPU-only match featuring only SEGA characters. As in Sonic, Bayonetta, Joker, and Akira(Mii Fighter) on the Green Hill Zone.

As it turned out, Sonic showed them why he's the company's mascot.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Anyone for a sparkle theatre stage?
I think it's very possible depending on their stage philosophy next game. If it's another SSBU, where they only added stages from the absolutely most important Nintendo games from 2014-2018, then probably not, but if they return to a SSBB/SSB4 style of adding a zillion stages from even spinoffs, I think Sparkle Theater would be one of their first choices.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think it's very possible depending on their stage philosophy next game. If it's another SSBU, where they only added stages from the absolutely most important Nintendo games from 2014-2018, then probably not, but if they return to a SSBB/SSB4 style of adding a zillion stages from even spinoffs, I think Sparkle Theater would be one of their first choices.
I was asking if people would like one not if they thought it was likely

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Anyone for a sparkle theatre stage?
The thing about this setting is that the outside is stunning but the inside really doesn't look as great. They could make it cool is if it's a transformation stage, changing between default and the different plays. Ninja, Cowboy and Dashing Thief plays would be the most interesting, but knowing them they'd probably go with Swordfighter, Patissiere and Kung Fu. All of them would be great though.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If Hayabusa ever gets into Smash, not only should they use both his modern and classic designs, but his moveset should also be a mix between his Ninja Gaiden counterpart (both classic and modern) and his Dead Or Alive counterpart. They could probably use his Izuna Drop as his Up Throw.

Also, we need a new remix of Unbreakable Determination (Act 4-2).

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
They could probably use his Izuna Drop as his Up Throw.
I feel like Izuna Drop ought to straight up be a special move, it would be a shame if you couldn't whip that out midair and get some crazy stylish and risky offstage kills. Come to think of it, Mii Brawler already sorta has it but it would be way cooler on Hayabusa. And it would be pretty interesting since we don't have that kind of grappling tool on too many super speedy rushdown type characters.

Also this song is my most wanted Ninja Gaiden arrangement, and if anyone is plugged into the YTPMV scene you would know why.

Last edited:

Nickthebrick1

Smash Rookie
FeliciaFan's movesets are great. This one is perfect, it doesn't go overboard in gimmicks, it's just a nice, clean, well-put-together moveset. I'm not even a Spyro fan and this sold me on the character, he just seems plain fun to play.
I love him because unlike other smash movesets where they just put in moves for reference, he takes the gameplay aspects of their home series of faithfully recreates in these movesets.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
FeliciaFan's movesets are great. This one is perfect, it doesn't go overboard in gimmicks, it's just a nice, clean, well-put-together moveset. I'm not even a Spyro fan and this sold me on the character, he just seems plain fun to play.
For the longest time I wrote off Spy out of the TF2 mercs since his concept didn't work well for Smash imo.

FeliciaFan managed to prove to me Spy can work decently well.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
You know who else would make a good Namco rep? Either Siegfried or Nightmare from Soul Calibur (since they're both practically the mascots of the franchise). They could give him remixes of Soul and Sword, In The Name Of Father, and a remixed medley of Worth Dying For and Raise Thy Sword.

Mitsurugi would also be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Nickthebrick1

Smash Rookie
speaking oh which, are there any rumors or leaks of anything smash this coming year or the next? I'm starved for info.

Ivander

Smash Legend
speaking oh which, are there any rumors or leaks of anything smash this coming year or the next? I'm starved for info.
We've more than likely got a long way to go before we even get a sliver of info, especially since we have nothing on the new system aside from rumors.

Best to have fun to make the time fly by than keep waiting for info and let the time take forever to move.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
You know who else would make a good Namco rep? Either Siegfried or Nightmare from Soul Calibur (since they're both practically the mascots of the franchise). They could give him remixes of Soul and Sword, In The Name Of Father, and a remixed medley of Worth Dying For and Raise Thy Sword.

Nightmare would be awesome for Smash. There are a few fighting game characters I want even more like Fulgore and Sub-Zero but I’d definitely be excited to see Nightmare as well. Soul Calibur is probably the fighting franchise I’ve put the most time into outside Smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, all. Sorry to change the subject, but I've been wanting to ask... it's about a week(?) since Ultimate wrapped up its remaining new Spirit events, right?

Has anyone come across the Super Mario Wonder/Princess Peach Showtime spirits on the board AFTER the event has since ended? I missed out on getting the Wonder Flower and Talking Flower.

For that matter, does anyone know how long it usually takes for new Spirits (post-Sora) to be a permanent fixture on the Board once their special event comes to an end?

dream1ng

Smash Lord

Seems like a missed opportunity to add one and not make the other the alt. If they went with SC2 as the default look (which there's a good argument for, it being the most successful and by far the most known to Nintendo audiences), they're literally the same character.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Seems like a missed opportunity to add one and not make the other the alt. If they went with SC2 as the default look (which there's a good argument for, it being the most successful and by far the most known to Nintendo audiences), they're literally the same character.
While they're both interconnected characters and their movesets are very similar, there are some notable differences.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
While they're both interconnected characters and their movesets are very similar, there are some notable differences.

No difference in their SC2 movesets.

Plus, composite characters exist. Look at Castlevania and DQ. Some of the command select attacks can't even be learned by any of the four playable Heroes in their games. Plus, there are full on clones/semi-clones who do things in Smash they haven't in their canon, because they're using the original's base. There's a precedent for liberties taken, this wouldn't even be anything drastic.

Doesn't seem like a good enough reason to pass up the opportunity to get them both.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I'm fine with both Siegfried and Nightmare, I want them both as newcomers to the Super Smash Bros. series. But if I were told to pick one of them as a newcomer to the Super Smash Bros. series then I couldn't decide.

Top Bottom