• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Realistically speaking (so no Subspace 2) what do we think the story mode will look like next time around?
I expect a combination of SSE + WOL's gameplay, meaning it'll have platforming levels like SSE, but also an open map and some light RPG mechanics like the skill tree.

I also think some elements of Melee's Adventure Mode and for 3DS's Smash Run will make it in, namely the areas and enemies actually being from the fighters' Universes, instead of being Smash OCs like in Brawl.

As for the story, I don't think we'll ever get something as grand and ambitious as SSE but I'm also not pessimistic enough to expect a repeat of WOL's barebones cutscenes. A happy medium would be ideal when it comes to the CGI side of things.

Maybe major story elements can be explained through text/in-engine cutscenes? I wouldn't mind that, and it's far less expensive than CGI.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Bold to assume there is a story. Still, if there is one, whatever it is, expect minimal cutscenes again.
I don't think I'll ever not be mad about WoL's non-intro cutscenes being extremely barebones and devoid of all character interaction.

Sakurai is a great man. He makes a lot of great decisions, knows a lot about good game design, and tries to please a lot of people. Does he do stuff that I don't agree with? Of course, but I can understand the reasoning behind most of those decisions.

But the whole cutscene thing feels like the one decision that's totally unjustifiable, and dare I say it... petty. The man is a part of the video game industry, leaks happen all the time. What, if characters get leaked next time, are they just gonna be cut from the roster so nobody can enjoy them? All because of a handful of bad actors?

It's so frustrating because I want to see these characters interact in ways other than fighting. Reveal trailers are a very tantalizing tease of what can be done with this, but they'll never be enough. I really hope he walks back on the cutscene aversion, but judging by how in his recent Brawl game design video where he STILL blames the internet for leaking Subspace's cutscenes, I'm not gonna bother holding my breath.

Like, come on. If you're helming the largest crossover in media but don't want to show your characters interacting because of Knucklehead Jones posting the cutscenes of your story mode online in 2007, you are squandering one of the biggest draws of your franchise. There's no other way to put it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think I'll ever not be mad about WoL's non-intro cutscenes being extremely barebones and devoid of all character interaction.

Sakurai is a great man. He makes a lot of great decisions, knows a lot about good game design, and tries to please a lot of people. Does he do stuff that I don't agree with? Of course, but I can understand the reasoning behind most of those decisions.

But the whole cutscene thing feels like the one decision that's totally unjustifiable, and dare I say it... petty. The man is a part of the video game industry, leaks happen all the time. What, if characters get leaked next time, are they just gonna be cut from the roster so nobody can enjoy them? All because of a handful of bad actors?

It's so frustrating because I want to see these characters interact in ways other than fighting. Reveal trailers are a very tantalizing tease of what can be done with this, but they'll never be enough. I really hope he walks back on the cutscene aversion, but judging by how in his recent Brawl game design video where he STILL blames the internet for not allowing cutscenes, I'm not gonna bother holding my breath.
You can say all that again! I don't think he might change his ways on cutscenes in adventure modes in Smash Bros., but I do know his reasoning for being against the Subspace Emissary leaking onto Youtube was ridiculous from the start.

Times change, nothing is going to stay the same. He should accept that.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
I will preface this by saying I want more cutscenes and WoL didn't even nearly deliver as compared to SSE in terms of a story.

But saying it "shouldn't matter because leaks happen" is oversimplifying the reasoning and ignoring the context for the sake of whining.

The SSE cutscenes took time and effort to draft and make, with the intention of being treats for the players as they went through the SSE and watch the story unfold.
That became less of a big deal when you could just.....watch the cutscenes elsewhere without actually experiencing the story firsthand. Like, what even is the point in going through the SSE other than "because you have to" then? The mode that essentially was a 2nd game on top of the rest of Brawl and was a major selling point is now more obsolete.

It may seem "ridiculous", but I can see his thought process behind this.

And something to think about is that as minimal as they were, this did NOT stop WoL from having cutscenes, and there was **** in it that would have been big spoilers at the time if leaked, like goddamn Darkhon existing (before he became an open secret via :ulthero: ).

So yes, Sakurai HAS laxed a little on the matter whether you choose to realize it or not.

The actual issue is honestly not the cutscenes. It's the lack of a grandiose story like SSE that would have such cutscenes. And that is a separate issue in itself that has nothing to do with leaked clips online but rather with where focus of development goes to.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Realistically speaking (so no Subspace 2) what do we think the story mode will look like next time around?
My idea is still a roguelike involving levels based on the franchises represented. Maybe with occasional dialogue through text boxes without voice acting?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A great maze-like labyrinthian map but with actual MetroidVania mechanics where you unlock certain characters to get to certain locations with the odd cutscenes sprinkled throughout is still my go to idea for a Smash Story Mode.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The SSE cutscenes took time and effort to draft and make, with the intention of being treats for the players as they went through the SSE and watch the story unfold.
That became less of a big deal when you could just.....watch the cutscenes elsewhere without actually experiencing the story firsthand. Like, what even is the point in going through the SSE other than "because you have to" then? The mode that essentially was a 2nd game on top of the rest of Brawl and was a major selling point is now more obsolete.
You could make that argument with literally any game tough?

"Why play FF7 Rebirth when you can just watch the cutscenes on youtube?", "Why play Assassin's Creed when you can just watch the cutscenes on youtube?", etc.

You play a story mode because you want your gameplay to be accompanied by a plot. Otherwise, you'd just watch a movie.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I will preface this by saying I want more cutscenes and WoL didn't even nearly deliver as compared to SSE in terms of a story.

But saying it "shouldn't matter because leaks happen" is oversimplifying the reasoning and ignoring the context for the sake of whining.

The thing is, cutscenes shouldn't be seen as a "treats", it's just story stuff, which is a pretty basic features for video games. And either way the reasoning is silly. You woudln't make a game with no music because you can listen to the music on youtube outside of the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You could make that argument with literally any game tough?

"Why play FF7 Rebirth when you can just watch the cutscenes on youtube?", "Why play Assassin's Creed when you can just watch the cutscenes on youtube?", etc.

You play a story mode because you want your gameplay to be accompanied by a plot. Otherwise, you'd just watch a movie.
Because Smash's gameplay goes far beyond story and adventure modes.

People don't have to play all the singleplayer content to play the multiplayer content and gameplay that Smash is most well known for to both casual and competitive audiences alike.

With most other games to feature a story, the singeplayer content comes first and foremost and people are more likely to play it for both gameplay and story.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Part of me is starting to believe that the simple fact of CGI Cutscenes being on the table is hindering any further development of a smash story mode, it is 100% hindering Speculation. but like CGI Cutscenes are now a thing, and if they aren't there, then people get mad or it won't be as well regarded, but they cost a lot of money and take a work.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I would like to See a Grand Story mode in the Same vein as Subspace. We Didn't get it in Ultimate because there was so much to work on, and I'd assume it might be the same for this game, but I will say the Assets available to use for a Story mode is more for this next Smash then it was for Ultimate. as an example, alot of Smash Run was 3DS Assets, and Now this Smash game has the whole Switch to work with, among other things

I also think the main issue with a Subspace is working with 3rd parties in terms of writing, as well as just there being so many Characters. I do think it is possible though, and honestly would go a long way in Making the Next Smash the best in terms of Content. Seeing all the characters we have now interacting in a Story format, even if the story itself is very Simple, would probably be something that you can only see in Smash, and by proxy only on the New Nintendo Console. I do think it would be worth it

Plus Most Fighting games these days are starting to or already have been on the Story train. SF6, MK1, and Tekken 8 (Namco produced game) are current examples. I think the Franchise with the Best Selling fighting game of all time can pull off something big

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
The thing is, cutscenes shouldn't be seen as a "treats", it's just story stuff, which is a pretty basic features for video games. And either way the reasoning is silly. You woudln't make a game with no music because you can listen to the music on youtube outside of the game.
That is false equivalence and you know it.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I think the Smash devs should focus resources on fighters, stages, and items. Modes as well but not a super extensive campaign mode like a Subspace part 2 electric boogaloo. If anything Classic mode could simply be expanded upon. Have a cutscene at the beginning and end of each characters run. That'd be neat and a decent use of resources.

I think people really fail to realize how just unappealing a story mode is in comparison to fighters, stages, and items. Most players simply won't care to do it at all and the ones that do will simply do it for the novelty and/or reward given for doing it and call it a day. We can still constantly try new characters and develop our skills with them to this day. That longevity is just more valuable to a wide playerbase I feel like. What are Ultimate modders doing right now? Oh yeah they're making more fighters just like the modders of literally every single other Smash game are also doing. I haven't seen a single modder try to make an expanded upon WoL.

The only reason I even played WoL was to get the different music option for my game. I set it to the most piss easy it could be then once I found Banjo I basically just wonderwinged myself to victory. I've had the game since launch. I didn't even bother doing WoL for all that time until I just couldn't stand the default opening music anymore.

That all being said I do still think that if the devs could somehow take WoL and mesh it together with the unutilized potential of Melee's Adventure mode it'd be a very compelling single player campaign that wouldn't be too much more work relative to what they already did with WoL as is. I really appreciated what they did with WoL in a sense because it was really just a maximized version of Event Mode which also managed to rope in the maxmimum potential of the Spirits concept they opted for instead of wasting resources on Trophies that again most players just simply don't care about. For me if the choice was between 1 additional fighter and bringing trophies back I'd take the fighter any day of the week no matter who it was because I believe that that content is just more valuable in the long run.

As far as modes I'd like to see in the game I want Smash Sports modes! Smash Flash has a great Basketball and Soccer mode in their game. That one Melee mod (I can't remember which) had Smash Volleyball which is another easy sport to implement here. Finally Rivals 1 has a Tetherball mode! You could even add icy floors and substitute the Soccer ball for a Hockey puck and all of a sudden you have Smash Hockey as well! Homerun contest is already the closet Smash could get to Baseball so that's covered already.

I think all these modes would be fairly easy to implement as fun casual side modes and would probably go over well with both the casual and hardcore factions of the fanbase.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Like superprincess superprincess , I'm not expecting something as grand as Subspace, but I'm also not expecting them to do the bare minimum and call it a day like WoL.

For the record, I don't REALLY think WoL was the "bare minimum" in a negative sense, just when compared to Subspace.

It's so frustrating because I want to see these characters interact in ways other than fighting. Reveal trailers are a very tantalizing tease of what can be done with this, but they'll never be enough. I really hope he walks back on the cutscene aversion, but judging by how in his recent Brawl game design video where he STILL blames the internet for leaking Subspace's cutscenes, I'm not gonna bother holding my breath.

Like, come on. If you're helming the largest crossover in media but don't want to show your characters interacting because of Knucklehead Jones posting the cutscenes of your story mode online in 2007, you are squandering one of the biggest draws of your franchise. There's no other way to put it.
You can say all that again! I don't think he might change his ways on cutscenes in adventure modes in Smash Bros., but I do know his reasoning for being against the Subspace Emissary leaking onto Youtube was ridiculous from the start.

Times change, nothing is going to stay the same. He should accept that.
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I do enjoy the reveal trailers without a doubt, but I'd also like to see the Smashers actually meaningfully interact beside just being on the same screen attacking each other. Like, maybe do what MvC3's pre-battle convos did?

Stratos

Smash Ace
I like Story Mode as it is especially if it's like SSE and I want to hope it will be. As for the enemies and bosses, it is understood that they will come from the video game franchises where the characters Mario, Link, Samus, etc.. Also though maybe it won't happen that's for sure, but I still imagine the final boss to be something between the organic and the mechanical (and indeed on a cellular level), between magic and science, between immaterial and material, between living and dead and finally to be something between light and dark. Or more simply to be something only between light and dark.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
As far as single player content is concerned I'm not really expecting much to be honest. I don't think we're going to get WoL 2, but I imagine it'll be something similar where they basically just give us event matches with another new coat of paint. Preferably on a smaller scale too because WoL dragged on for too long imo.

For story and character interaction, I do think it's going to stay almost exclusively within reveal trailers. A shame but it's worked wonders for the last two games, so I fully expect them to continue that approach.

The most I'm realistically hoping for is a few more lines on the results screen for certain match ups and hopefully some fixes to some of the existing ones that feel a bit off.

I like Story Mode as it is especially if it's like SSE and I want to hope it will be. As for the enemies and bosses, it is understood that they will come from the video game franchises where the characters Mario, Link, Samus, etc.. Also though maybe it won't happen that's for sure, but I still imagine the final boss to be something between the organic and the mechanical (and indeed on a cellular level), between magic and science, between immaterial and material, between living and dead and finally to be something between light and dark. Or more simply to be something only between light and dark.
With a description like this I imagine the writing is going to be somewhere between Kojima and Nomura.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
With a description like this I imagine the writing is going to be somewhere between Kojima and Nomura.
So...just like SSE then.

I...I don't need any more Smash stories...

Smash Bros. is a setting where Duck Hunt and Olimar are fighting with Sephiroth. Any attempt to make a serious goddamn story around that is misguided and stupid. A Smash story should be fun and ridiculous.

So far, Smash has botched it twice, trying to sell stories about cosmic horror entities trying to dominate existence or collapse reality or some ****.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So far, Smash has botched it twice, trying to sell stories about cosmic horror entities trying to dominate existence or collapse reality or some ****.
I mean, that's just kinda Sakurai's whole schtick, he likes to put in barely explained cosmic horrors in his games. even with Kirby and Kid Icarus....

I still don't get the the whole deal with the Aurum, iirc even Pit & co where confused throughout the whole thing...

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
My problem with World of Light is that it does nothing with half of Smash's identity: the platforming aspect of it. Yes, Smash is a fighting game, but what makes it special is that it also has heavy platforming elements that just aren't taken full advantage of. There is that Classic Mode bonus game that gets boring after the 3rd time, but that's it.

SSE's platforming wasn't very well executed (although that's mostly due to Brawl's awful controls) but I think there's a lot of value in the idea. The combination of fighting hoards of enemies while platforming through side-scrolling levels perfectly encapsulates what makes SSB so special. Smash pioneered the "platform fighting game" genre that we see so many companies try to replicate nowadays.

Even without the grand narrative, Melee's admittedly limited platforming levels (I think there was like 3?) were infinitely more fun than most of WOL's randomized battles. Even for 3DS's Smash Run was so popular and beloved because of its platforming elements. Exploring a large area while platforming through it and fighting enemies is just fun in Smash's engine, and that's exactly because it's not a traditional fighting game. And they should really embrace that in the Adventure Mode next time.

Honestly, the most fun and interesting thing WOL had to offer was the rare instances of the interactive map minigames. Stuff like the Zelda forest puzzle, the Gourmet Race, and driving that F-Zero vehicle. So why not combine the good things all these modes had to offer in order to make the best possible Adventure Mode?

Sprinkle in a few (meaningful) cutscenes, text dialogue, in-engine (AKA much cheaper) cutscenes with character interactions and you have a winning formula.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Speaking of playable zelda ive seen many say that zelda should be an option or just be put into the link role I HARD Disagree i mean link and zelda act very diffrently and have clear definded Personalitys and choice of weapons! With link clearly being the more Gamey anmd protaginstical character of the two!
When it comes to zelda being playable in main line games i think the already mentioned stealth aproach is ideal!
Have zelda start out weak imprisoned in a dungeon and trying to sneak her way out but every time link finishes a dungeon she gains a new spell until shes op!
Basically imagine the peach segments from paper mario! just that you get op at the end!

And if you wanna bring up the peach only games argument her games are clearly designed around her (as in they are feminine in a way) while zelda wielding a sword and shield doesnt fit her at all!

My problem with World of Light is that it does nothing with half of Smash's identity: the platforming aspect of it. Yes, Smash is a fighting game, but what makes it special is that it also has heavy platforming elements that just aren't taken full advantage of. There is that Classic Mode bonus game that gets boring after the 3rd time, but that's it.

SSE's platforming wasn't very well executed (although that's mostly due to Brawl's awful controls) but I think there's a lot of value in the idea. The combination of fighting hoards of enemies while platforming through side-scrolling levels perfectly encapsulates what makes SSB so special. Smash pioneered the "platform fighting game" genre that we see so many companies try to replicate nowadays.

Even without the grand narrative, Melee's admittedly limited platforming levels (I think there was like 3?) were infinitely more fun than most of WOL's randomized battles. Even for 3DS's Smash Run was so popular and beloved because of its platforming elements. Exploring a large area while platforming through it and fighting enemies is just fun in Smash's engine, and that's exactly because it's not a traditional fighting game. And they should really embrace that in the Adventure Mode next time.

Honestly, the most fun and interesting thing WOL had to offer was the rare instances of the interactive map minigames. Stuff like the Zelda forest puzzle, the Gourmet Race, and driving that F-Zero vehicle. So why not combine the good things all these modes had to offer in order to make the best possible Adventure Mode?

Sprinkle in a few (meaningful) cutscenes, text dialogue, in-engine (AKA much cheaper) cutscenes with character interactions and you have a winning formula.
I mean techniaclly kirby started the platfoming fighting game! Atleast a single player version of it! You can perform combos everyone has more health and there are multiple "Characters" and Master hand is in superstar too!

In general i suggest all of the Super Star Formula Kirby Games to smash players:
Super star ultra
Kirby Return to dreamland
Triple Deluxe
Planet robobot
and even star allies!

If you wanna play smash but its a plattformer therfe you go!

Still a good smash single player would be cool!

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Smash Bros. is a setting where Duck Hunt and Olimar are fighting with Sephiroth. Any attempt to make a serious goddamn story around that is misguided and stupid. A Smash story should be fun and ridiculous.

World of Light had a fantastic premise, you could make a great story out of the concept of Kirby going around and saving his friends alone. The problem is that instead of focusing on the characters, which people are actually here for, 90% of the screentime is dedicated to the two abstract celestial beings having a grudge against one another, with the fighters coming second and just... standing there.

I'm not kidding when I say it almost felt suffocating to watch those cutscenes. They feel like they were deliberately shot to feature the fighters as little as possible.

1711107678166.png
1711107699753.png

1711107741312.png
1711107766903.png

1711107812424.png

These five images display (and I'm not exaggerating here) literally every scene that involves the fighters from World of Light (excluding the intro). That's it. Three of them feature just Mario, and the other two feature a handful of fighters barely reacting to the situation. It's a total 180 from the fighters acting like themselves and using their abilities in the opening cutscene. They didn't just drop the ball, they sent it to hell.

This is not something that happens on accident and I am 100% confident they did this intentionally. They can control when we saw the opening cutscene. They can't control anything after that, so might as well make them as lame an uninteresting as possible, amirite?

I really wish each mandatory fighter (there are 21) had a small little cutscene of them being freed from Galeem's control and interacting with Kirby. Would that be so hard??

Another thing is that Smash story modes don't know how to end themselves. Brawl's ending is nothing, everyone just stands there. In Ultimate we didn't even get that, instead we're treated to a screensaver that honestly feels more like a middle finger to the player than anything.

WoL: "Congratulations sir! You just trudged through 30 hours of PNG battles!"
The Players: "Heh, great! What do I win?"
WoL:

1711108138433.png

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
You know, the funny thing is that even WOL's lame cutscenes got leaked before release.

Not including movies due to leaks is such a dumb excuse. But I feel like SSB4 and Ultimate wouldn't have had story cutscenes either way, so it doesn't really matter after all.

If it's not just a coverup excuse, I really don't like the idea of punishing players with less content just because retailers were irresponsible and broke street date. Or in Brawl's case, because the game was delayed and released so much earlier launch in Japan that its content was well known by the time it released internationally.

I won't be disappointed if there's no meaningful cutscenes because I've come to expect it, but let's be honest. They won't be absent due to leaks. They'll be absent because Nintendo would rather allocate resources to the newcomer trailers that offer nothing to the game itself, instead just garnering Internet hype.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Its odd because Kid Icarus Uprising still had loads of cutscenes and even a few plot twists within that game just fine, even after Sakurai's whole statements about cutscene spoilers and Youtube leaks during Brawl, though I guess a lot of its story and dialogue was also baked in within the gameplay itself so you kinda have to play through the game yourself in order to get the full context of everything going on, unless you decide to sit through an entire lets play or walkthrough on Youtube or something instead...

Last edited:

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I couldn't care less about cutscenes in a Smash game. It's not like they're directed by David Lynch, it's all about fanservice. They're just there to hype you up and the newcomer trailers work better for that. Everyone experiences them at the same time and they don't have to follow a plot, which means they can go crazier with the gags and the references and bring in different art styles when it fits.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

SSE's platforming wasn't very well executed (although that's mostly due to Brawl's awful controls) but I think there's a lot of value in the idea.
Boy, I just...disagree with all of that. Like, of course it doesn't take advantage of the platforming aspect. Half of the roster is actively terrible at platforming. The game is balanced around the fighting aspect. The platforming is PART of that fighting, not a separate aspect of the game.

It does this by making some characters stronger fighters, while making them worse at platforming. Adding a bunch of 2D platforming, which revolves around the running and jumping, sucks for those characters that suck at it. You can see this in the Race to the Finish-style segments in Ultimate. They're effortless with some characters, and miserable for others.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about cutscenes in a Smash game. It's not like they're directed by David Lynch, it's all about fanservice. They're just there to hype you up and the newcomer trailers work better for that. Everyone experiences them at the same time and they don't have to follow a plot, which means they can go crazier with the gags and the references and bring in different art styles when it fits.
Straight up. I don't miss the SSE cutscenes and prefer Ultimate's character trailers instead.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Boy, I just...disagree with all of that. Like, of course it doesn't take advantage of the platforming aspect. Half of the roster is actively terrible at platforming. The game is balanced around the fighting aspect. The platforming is PART of that fighting, not a separate aspect of the game.

It does this by making some characters stronger fighters, while making them worse at platforming. Adding a bunch of 2D platforming, which revolves around the running and jumping, sucks for those characters that suck at it. You can see this in the Race to the Finish-style segments in Ultimate. They're a breeze with some characters, and miserable for others.
They could just tweak the characters' attributes to make them better at platforming for those modes. Brawl did this too (but Brawl's characters were universally terrible at movement).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Did Brawl still have tripping in the SSE platforming sections?
I honestly don't remember, I do remember there being tripping in the first stage of the SSE in one of the prerelease demo's of the game long ago, that was also the very first instance of us seeing random tripping in the game, little did we know how much of an infamous new gimmick it was going to be for the game at the time...

Last edited:

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman

It does this by making some characters stronger fighters, while making them worse at platforming. Adding a bunch of 2D platforming, which revolves around the running and jumping, sucks for those characters that suck at it. You can see this in the Race to the Finish-style segments in Ultimate. They're effortless with some characters, and miserable for others.
For real. Playing through Race to the Finish with characters like Dedede or Kazuya feels atrocious. I'm not even sure if you can actually get a perfect score with some characters.

Platforming in general isn't that great in Smash anyways. Characters don't even carry their momentum into the air when they jump... It works well for a fighter but a platformer like that just feels shallow.
I also think the % system doesn't lend itself well to Smash's traditional Adventure modes. It's not particularly fun to ricochet around for half a minute off the smallest hits when you start to reach high percentages. A traditional health bar would work a lot better but I think they didn't make SSE work like that because it would be too far removed from Smash's normal gameplay.

Meh. I'm more and more of the opinion that a story mode in Smash should just give some context to the fights and that's it.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I got all the last 4 spirits and the last spirit on the spirit list is the Wonder Flower and the Talking Flower spirit. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is finally over.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I got all the last 4 spirits and the last spirit on the spirit list is the Wonder Flower and the Talking Flower spirit. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is finally over.
Except if they release a Deluxe port for the Switch 2, but I don't know how likely that is.

Top Bottom