• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I don't expect Mega Man will get multiple Echoes. So I'd prefer the one that's a villain.
I for one want more trios/quartets like the spacies and Marths. Give me Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. Mega Man, Roll, Proto Man and Bass. Etcetera.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling most people at all levels of play just didn't bother with custom moves, to the point not even the DLC characters in Smash 4 had them.

I know I didn't.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's odd. We have two Marths and two Roys. They are not "4 Marths" and function way too differently nowadays. Roy was only a Marth in Melee. As of 4, they overhauled him while not making him feel too extremely different(he's kind of more like a fusion of Marth and Ike by that point, but also just plain different). Though just the fact that one Marth has to be played differently than the other is funny too. Same with both Roys clearly being rather apart. Hell, none of the regular Clones even can be played the same, where only some Echoes can be(and very few at that).

Like, we don't really have any examples of 3 characters with a near identical moveset alone(we have a case where a Model Swap used another Model Swap as a base, though. Specifically, Ness used Mario as a base, and Lucas used Ness as a base... twice! Smash 4 returned Lucas while being rebuilt using Ness again). Luigi played too differently from Mario and Dr. Mario as soon as Melee. Wolf never played similarly to Fox, just sharing some animations and he was a chimera of various moves. Etc. That said, Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario were the only ones ever close to having a fairly similar moveset at any point as a Trio. While the other Fire Emblem characters are kind of close, they function just a bit too differently(and that's including animation change ups that make it clear how separated Roy is from Marth by that point. XD).

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's odd. We have two Marths and two Roys. They are not "4 Marths" and function way too differently nowadays. Roy was only a Marth in Melee. As of 4, they overhauled him while not making him feel too extremely different(he's kind of more like a fusion of Marth and Ike by that point, but also just plain different). Though just the fact that one Marth has to be played differently than the other is funny too. Same with both Roys clearly being rather apart. Hell, none of the regular Clones even can be played the same, where only some Echoes can be(and very few at that).

Like, we don't really have any examples of 3 characters with a near identical moveset alone(we have a case where a Model Swap used another Model Swap as a base, though. Specifically, Ness used Mario as a base, and Lucas used Ness as a base... twice! Smash 4 returned Lucas while being rebuilt using Ness again). Luigi played too differently from Mario and Dr. Mario as soon as Melee. Wolf never played similarly to Fox, just sharing some animations and he was a chimera of various moves. Etc. That said, Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario were the only ones ever close to having a fairly similar moveset at any point as a Trio. While the other Fire Emblem characters are kind of close, they function just a bit too differently(and that's including animation change ups that make it clear how separated Roy is from Marth by that point. XD).
I wasn't implying that they were literally all Marth echoes, but Roy/Chrom are still very clearly based on Marth's moveset. For the sake of having a shorthand term for the four of them, some people call them the Marths. It's not a great name mind you, but it's just meant to get across the fact that they're multiple characters built on the same base concept. It's meant to be like calling the Star Fox characters spacies or calling the shotos in Street Fighter, well, shotos.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I get the feeling most people at all levels of play just didn't bother with custom moves, to the point not even the DLC characters in Smash 4 had them.

I know I didn't.
The only time I ever played with custom moves was in Smash Run, and that's only because I played choosing random 90% of the time. (Note, I'm a casual and never play competitively. I play the characters I like)

They fundamentally, were not implemented well. Having to go into a separate menu to create a load out before choosing your character is beyond tedious. Far simpler to just play without them. And that's assuming you even have the moved unlocked. Seriously? Why can you unlock repeat moves? Even if they came back in the next game and everyone has a bunch of unique custom moves, unless the overhaul the implementation, I still wouldn't play with them (unless random works)

If I remember correctly though, in Smash 4 if you played random with custom on, you also had to contend with custom stats, and outside of Smash Run that was truly awful

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't implying that they were literally all Marth echoes, but Roy/Chrom are still very clearly based on Marth's moveset. For the sake of having a shorthand term for the four of them, some people call them the Marths. It's not a great name mind you, but it's just meant to get across the fact that they're multiple characters built on the same base concept. It's meant to be like calling the Star Fox characters spacies or calling the shotos in Street Fighter, well, shotos.
Eh, I wouldn't say it's the same thing. The "Spacies" are all Star Fox characters who fight in Space.

Shotoclone is also a more accepted term. Still, it's misleading at this point, due to how Chrom wasn't ever similar to Marth regardless. This is more like how Ness, despite being built off of Mario, is nothing alike. Albeit, to a slightly lower degree.

I get what you mean, but it's just not a great term since it doesn't work well once we get to Chrom at that point. See the Ness(and further with Lucas) reasoning why it ultimately doesn't work out well. And I wasn't thinking you meant Echoes, but more like "way too similar"(which applies for regular clones too). I like the joke, but when it comes to serious discussion, the split is too much, imo.

I hope that explains my issue with it. :)

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
[Daisy] had an even closer model
No offense at all but I just find this take so ignorant to the design team's efforts to bring Daisy to life. Most people say that her Smash model is just Peach's body with Daisy's head on it, which couldn't be further from the truth.

The reality is, her dress is either a heavily modified version of Peach's or totally made from the ground up. I recently got into making alt costumes and the amount of unique detail on Daisy's dress is insane. Her crown, collar, gloves, frills, corset, etc. all have flower motifs that aren't present on Peach's dress. And the models used for those details aren't even the same as Peach's, which is a shortcut they could've taken, but didn't.

So I really don't think it was a matter of being easier to model... if anything, Smash!Daisy would be much, much harder to do than Smash!Alph. More detail = more work.

With how botched Olimar's personality is in Smash, I really wouldn't want Alph to be split off. Unless they gave Olimar some more flair in Ultimate, which they didn't. Also, the Pikmin are the real stars of the show in his moveset, so unless Alph came with a unique Pikmin type, I don't see the point in splitting him off. Because what's worse than one bland Pikmin captain? Two bland Pikmin captains.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Eh, I wouldn't say it's the same thing. The "Spacies" are all Star Fox characters who fight in Space.

Shotoclone is also a more accepted term. Still, it's misleading at this point, due to how Chrom wasn't ever similar to Marth regardless. This is more like how Ness, despite being built off of Mario, is nothing alike. Albeit, to a slightly lower degree.

I get what you mean, but it's just not a great term since it doesn't work well once we get to Chrom at that point. See the Ness(and further with Lucas) reasoning why it ultimately doesn't work out well. And I wasn't thinking you meant Echoes, but more like "way too similar"(which applies for regular clones too). I like the joke, but when it comes to serious discussion, the split is too much, imo.

I hope that explains my issue with it. :)
I mean, I don't think it's a great term/name for them either, but nothing else has caught on so that's what people say. :drshrug:

I also wouldn't say that Chrom was never similar to Marth. He's built off Roy who is similar to Marth, therefore also similar. Again, I'm not trying to call them direct echoes or clones but there are clear parallels and overlap in how they're designed because Roy/Lucina/Chrom were all built from Marth's move set.

The usage of these terms isn't about the fine details of development, these are fan terms about how the characters play. Like, the term shoto is used outside of Street Fighter to describe characters from other fighting games that follow a similar design. Outside of Smash, you have some people who would call a character who is derivative/inspired by Fox or Marth a spacie or Marth. Take Rushdown Revolt for example. The character Zhurong obviously isn't a 1-to-1 copy of Marth but she's very clearly inspired by his kit/playstyle, so many refer to her as that game's Marth. Because Smash serves as the general progenitor of the platform fighter genre, the terms for character archetypes are named after its characters.

I do understand the desire for applying accurate terms when it comes to discussing the actual development side of things, but the context that I used it in was more general and half joking.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No offense at all but I just find this take so ignorant to the design team's efforts to bring Daisy to life. Most people say that her Smash model is just Peach's body with Daisy's head on it, which couldn't be further from the truth.

The reality is, her dress is either a heavily modified version of Peach's or totally made from the ground up. I recently got into making alt costumes and the amount of unique detail on Daisy's dress is insane. Her crown, collar, gloves, frills, corset, etc. all have flower motifs that aren't present on Peach's dress. And the models used for those details aren't even the same as Peach's, which is a shortcut they could've taken, but didn't.

So I really don't think it was a matter of being easier to model... if anything, Smash!Daisy would be much, much harder to do than Smash!Alph. More detail = more work.

With how botched Olimar's personality is in Smash, I really wouldn't want Alph to be split off. Unless they gave Olimar some more flair in Ultimate, which they didn't. Also, the Pikmin are the real stars of the show in his moveset, so unless Alph came with a unique Pikmin type, I don't see the point in splitting him off. Because what's worse than one bland Pikmin captain? Two bland Pikmin captains.
Alph's bodyshape was actually not the exact same or nearly identical so much as they had to slightly change him to fit. Lucina was similar. Daisy actually shared the same bodyshape as Peach as a model(don't forget, her legs are part of the model, not just the dress). She couldn't have been a heavily different model to begin with, as an Echo would not work if that was the case. Once in a while a character is actually redefined on their model to become a costume(which is how they did that for Lucina and Alph. Daisy wasn't the case, but that's only cause her build was so similar to Peach's it was really easy to work with). Nobody's calling it lazy, though.

That honestly describes textures, not a different model, though. But I didn't look at the same details you did. So I probably am misunderstanding what you mean. I might be misunderstanding something here, because I'm aware Daisy had tons of work put into her model to further make her look, well, awesome. I think the misunderstanding is that I'm saying Daisy's model was easy to use to create an Echo, not that they did "bad work" on it or anything(or that it was easy to completely change it up. Just that her model was an easier base than Alph's to use in the first place. But only cause Alph was actually more different from Daisy's bodyshape originally. Though you did miss how I spoke a lot of a key factor, being the Pikmin and all. It's not just Alph, but the rest of, well, everything, that made it much harder to separate. It wasn't the full point). Now, they did a pretty poor job at making her feel unique in terms of gameplay, but that's a factual thing anyway. How well they did when it comes to make her feel really awesome characterization-wise is more of an opinion(I like what they did with her, but YMMV).

I mean, I don't think it's a great term/name for them either, but nothing else has caught on so that's what people say. :drshrug:

I also wouldn't say that Chrom was never similar to Marth. He's built off Roy who is similar to Marth, therefore also similar. Again, I'm not trying to call them direct echoes or clones but there are clear parallels and overlap in how they're designed because Roy/Lucina/Chrom were all built from Marth's move set.

The usage of these terms isn't about the fine details of development, these are fan terms about how the characters play. Like, the term shoto is used outside of Street Fighter to describe characters from other fighting games that follow a similar design. Outside of Smash, you have some people who would call a character who is derivative/inspired by of Fox or Marth a spacie or Marth. Take Rushdown Revolt for example. The character Zhurong obviously isn't a 1-to-1 copy of Marth but she's very clearly inspired by his kit/playstyle, so many refer to her as that game's Marth. Because Smash serves as the general progenitor of the platform fighter genre, the terms for character archetypes are named after its characters.

I do understand the desire for applying accurate terms when it comes to discussing the actual development side of things, but the context that I used it in was more general and half joking.
I honestly find Chrom just a bit too different to be close enough to being a Marth. But it doesn't help that his design is apparently meant to be kind of a fusion of Ike and Marth anyway, which separates him far more to me.

YMMV. But again, I get what you mean. Yeah, we really do need a better term, agreed. XD

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I wonder what the end credits are going to be like for the next game? I like both Smash 4 and Ultimate's the best. Being able to use your character to attack the credits was kinda fun in Smash 4 and Ultimate's end credits looked like those old arcade shooters. I liked how the characters were used in too.

I was looking at some videos of Segagaga, and I really liked how the final boss battle features a segment where you shoot at all the SEGA consoles. Maybe if the next Smash game has end credits similar to Ultimate's, they could have it to where you can shoot different Nintendo consoles.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That Marth/Roy/Lucina/Chrom quartet is actually a pretty solid model for a lot of hypothetical similar yet different four fighter inclusions. Seeing that kind of variance for various Belmonts/Castlevania characters or maybe even the Resident Evil protagonists would be pretty effective.
Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sakura.

That's the low hanging fruit in this example.

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
I always felt like Villager/Isabelle/Tom Nook could be a similar, yet distinct trio that uses some of the same tools. Kinda like Fox, Falco and Wolf. However...

Is everyone ready for a hot take?

I don't think Nook is as likely as people make him out to be. I feel like he has a pretty decent chance to be Toad'd.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I honestly find Chrom just a bit too different to be close enough to being a Marth. But it doesn't help that his design is apparently meant to be kind of a fusion of Ike and Marth anyway, which separates him far more to me.

YMMV. But again, I get what you mean. Yeah, we really do need a better term, agreed. XD
Outside of Up B, he really doesn't share anything else with Ike and the rest of his kit is just Roy's but with the fire swapped for wind (?) effects. And Roy is still Marth's semi-clone, so I'd still count Chrom as being pretty close honestly. All I can really agree with here is that just calling the archetype "Marth" isn't the best, but someone's got to come up with a better term first.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Outside of Up B, he really doesn't share anything else with Ike and the rest of his kit is just Roy's but with the fire swapped for wind (?) effects. And Roy is still Marth's semi-clone, so I'd still count Chrom as being pretty close honestly.
It just pains me whenever I'm reminded that Chrom doesn't have Ike's Side-B as a Side-B. They could've given Ike's Side-B to Chrom and then modify it's animations to make Chrom do his Sol attack, Aether's first strike. Or base it more on Ike's Custom Side-B that simply went through enemies without stopping and base it on Chrom's Luna attack, Aether's second hit.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Tom Nook is already used in both Villagers and Isabelle's Final Smash. Of course Chrom. But worth pointing out.

Going forward though, I think the Smash team is going to start caring less and less with overlapping roles. And we see this already. Of course Chrom is the obvious example with him being a part of Robins Final Smash and Victory. We also have Toon Link in the background of Spirit Train. And even Mario show's up in Piranha Plants victory.

How far they'll go with it? Who knows. But I wouldn't be surprised if they shake it up more in the next Smash (maybe Ridley will be a boss again)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always felt like Villager/Isabelle/Tom Nook could be a similar, yet distinct trio that uses some of the same tools. Kinda like Fox, Falco and Wolf. However...

Is everyone ready for a hot take?

I don't think Nook is as likely as people make him out to be. I feel like he has a pretty decent chance to be Toad'd.
I kind of agree.

Animal Crossing is massive and it getting another character wouldn't be surprising. But now that Villager and the very obvious Isabelle are in, I don't actually know who the next Animal Crossing would be?

Like Tom Nook makes sense, but would he be picked? I dunno.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can only imagine it being Tom Nook, since he's easily the most important Animal Crossing character next to the Villager and has been long around before Isabelle. Cause I doubt somebody like Kapp'n or Resetti will get in before him and I seriously doubt they'll put in any of the NPC villagers in before him or the above mentioned.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I wonder what the end credits are going to be like for the next game?
I hope they tone down the extreme-ness of the credits next game because they just get harder and harder to actually read with each successive title. I'd say Brawl was the perfect middle ground between engaging gameplay and readability.

I did like seeing the character you chose for your current Classic run wield the super scope on the angel platform in Ult's credits. I want the next game to incorporate your character as well, maybe have the gameplay be something like Brawl but your character is in the foreground like this.

1709866202411.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, the Credits during Ultimate were... a bit much. I just want to get going in general, and getting coins in general become fairly unfeasible outside of it.

It's an okay one... but not 80+ time. We needed better ways to get easy coins too. As well as Spirits. Like, Ultimate really needed more mini-games to help that. And I don't mean another Angry Birds Target Test(though that was actually kind of fun, but only cause it was really easy to gather Customs and Trophies in a meaningful way. Same thing with the Trophy Smash mini-game).

I'm hoping next Smash gives us some mini-games to a bigger degree again. Now, I didn't like the Trophy mini-game in Brawl, but it was still a lot better than nothing at all. Albeit, it didn't help the Target Tests were outright generic too(while Target Blast has its issues, it does have variance every time you play, even if it's not all that much. It's that bit that makes it more fun to me).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
That Marth/Roy/Lucina/Chrom quartet is actually a pretty solid model for a lot of hypothetical similar yet different four fighter inclusions. Seeing that kind of variance for various Belmonts/Castlevania characters or maybe even the Resident Evil protagonists would be pretty effective.
The thing is, the Fire emblem quartet was add in 3 different games (2 in Melee, 1 in 3ds/Wii U and 1 in Ultimate). I don't realistically see, say, Resident evil being introduced with Smash 6 with 4 clones/semi clone.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I do think this is a possibility It prevents him from being a "lock" but I don't think he's quite here. Or maybe just a bit too early to say for sure - if he gets skipped this time, with everything Animal Crossing has built up, he's pretty much a no-hoper and can go sit right next to Toad lol. But I would argue that Nook feels a bit more like an essential component of his series more comparable to Peach or Bowser, so for now it feels pretty good.

KK Slider is probably the only other real prospect that can compete on his own, of less overall importance but potentially similar popularity and certainly a strong presence in AC. That'd be cool I think, although I personally feel like KK feels more aptly suited to the NPC role - playing at Smashville on Saturday nights - than Tom Nook's current role, who could probably be swapped out in favor of any random NPC villagers coming out to build the house or town hall instead. Or Lloid, or just the Nooklings, or whatever. Toad feels a bit more exclusive to his role, meanwhile Nook is not even the only one building the house. So I feel like there might be a bit less reservation about switching things around, but I dunno.

But in fairness to your allusion, someone like KK Slider may be more compelling from a moveset perspective. You can fight with a guitar, you could play music and finally we can have some sort of music or rhythm based character. I think there are a few good options for this kind of gameplay style going into next game, KK is one and any of the Splatoon idols are another. But I would argue Nook is not without his own obvious moveset hooks with his more distinct physical features (he has a tail), the Nooklings, his previously recurring role as a shopkeep. I would hope that we're beyond the point where Sakurai is struggling to find something compelling to do with these characters, I think Nook may even have the most clear potential out of any of them.

The bottom line here I guess is that if Animal Crossing gets a new character, Nook is the last standing essential leg of his series. If he gets skipped, or if Animal Crossing gets skipped altogether, it probably does boil down to a lack of interest or perceived originality. So I can see a world where that happens, and really I think your take here is probably the most sensible out of any that would doubt AC's cast growing next game. But I have a difficult time envisioning AC getting a new character and that character not being Tom Nook, and I do think we are quite likely to see an AC character.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Interrupting to bring some sad news:

Akira Toriyama has passed away. He was the creator of Dragon Ball and also was the character designer for several games, including Dragon Quest.

May he rest in piece.
Man. This one hurts.

Rest in peace Toriyama. You've touched countless people through the generations.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Very sad news, his character designs are iconic.

I wonder how this will affect the future of Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest, if future artists will try to emulate his style, because his style already feels so unique to him
I'd imagine they'd get Toyotarou to do artwork/designs if need be, he's the guy that currently does the illustrations for the DBS manga and he manages to get the art style down pretty well.

When it comes to anything else outside of that, well... that's going to be a bit harder to figure out.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Very sad news, his character designs are iconic.

I wonder how this will affect the future of Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest, if future artists will try to emulate his style, because his style already feels so unique to him
Im sure Dragon Ball will be fine, he wasnt really hands on with the franchise for years aside from giving his blessings on concepts and designs used in later works.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I got another fun idea. Write script for reveal trailer of your MW. Write up to reveal with splash card. Don't write gameplay showcase. Only cinematic.

Here is mine.

The scene starts with Smash fighters already lying defeated on battlefield. Sound of wind in empty barren land. Then, we see other fighters are blown away by someone. Then, we switch to the villain responsible for defeating all these fighters. He is holding Mario by throat or suspender. We see rest of defeated fighters scattered around him. As the camera zooms in on the villain, he begins to speak monologue, belittling them. We also see close shot at Mario's face.

Camera shifts to spot away from Mario and the villain. It focuses on Sora who is crawling/struggling to get up. Face zoom shot at Sora. One of his eyes is half open while the other is open wide. Then, he slowly raises his Keyblade and shoots to the sky, opening keyhole. Everyone notices and looks at keyhole. After the hole is open, we see other side of keyhole. There is a glimpse of a spaceship. It's mostly covered in shadow to hide its identity. The camera moves to one of drop pod hatches. One of drop pods is launched to the keyhole. The view is locked on the drop pod as it reaches and enters the hole.

The view is back at the villain as he glowers at the drop pod. Then, he opens his eyes wide because it is heading toward him. He throws away Mario as he jumps back and dodges the drop pod in nick of time. The pod lands and creates dust around it. We see various fighters reacting to it while they are trying to get up. As dust settles, we slowly see silhouette of the pod. But, before it's fully revealed, the pod's hatch is ejected and fired at the villain like this.

Of course unlike Jackal, he is merely knocked back. Then, he shakes his head and stands on his feet. He furiously stares and shouts, "Who the hell are you?"
The dust is mostly cleared. The camera zooms at bottom of the drop pod. We see the new fighter setting his feet out and coming out of the pod.. The camera slowly goes up. As we are about to see the new fighter's face, this sound effect would play.

When the camera finally reaches the top of this fighter, one simple yet powerful piano note would play like in Halo 3 trailer.

Master Chief is shown wielding Assault Rifle with splash card, "Master Chief Finishes the Fight!"

1709866261061.png

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Reveal trailer scripts?

Well, it's not for my most wanted and it isn't as detailed, but I came up with an idea years ago.

The setting takes place in a vaguely familiar apocalyptic city at night. There's destruction all around. A number of characters are fleeing for their lives as explosions can be heard in the distance that get closer.

The likes of Fox and Zero Suit Samus take shelter behind rubble, firearms drawn. A rocket fires past them and explodes behind them. Massive footsteps and inhuman snarls can be heard. The gun wielders rise up to shoot at something in desperation in an attempt to keep it from coming closer (yes as I'm writing this I realize the irony in having FOX be the one to shoot with intent to keep at bay).

The camera pans to a heavy boot stepping forward, sounds of the impact from the shots can be heard but it doesn't stop the target stepping forward.
It quickly becomes apparent that this target is Nemesis as his freakish appearance is seen in full view after panning up from the trenchcoat.

He begins to open his mouth seemingly to say his signature line but instead the audience hears....
"SMAAAAAAASH....."
....indicating his target has changed.

NEMESIS REACHES FOR THE STARS!

And before it cuts to gameplay, it shows him extending his palm to extend a tentacle from the parasite within.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Akira Toriyama has passed away. He was the creator of Dragon Ball and also was the character designer for several games, including Dragon Quest.

May he rest in piece.
Holy ****.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That's odd. We have two Marths and two Roys. They are not "4 Marths" and function way too differently nowadays.
That's like saying Pikachu and Pichu aren't "2 Pikachus".

Even with his changes, Roy is STILL a Marth clone. So we totally have 4 Marths.

don't worry, dex is gonna have to deal with them if he wants a much larger roster

It's also why I want Chrom to get a new unique moveset, and for Lucina to become his Echo.

That way, we'll have 2 Marths and 2 Chroms, instead of 4 Marths.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman

May he rest in piece.
I really had trouble processing these news when I found out a couple of hours ago. Probably the most influential manga artist ever, and his work made it to Smash Bros. through Dragon Quest.

RIP you wonderful legend.

Top Bottom