• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Interrupting to bring some sad news:

Akira Toriyama has passed away. He was the creator of Dragon Ball and also was the character designer for several games, including Dragon Quest.

May he rest in piece.
*peace

Despite me never having the time to engage with any of his work, dude's still likely reponsible for like 70% of my interests. His impact on multiple mediums and culture is just that massive. Without him we'd all probably have far less acknowledgement for stories from the eastern hemisphere, like an anti-butterfly effect that would cause this very site today not existing. It's impossible not to have respect for that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And now I've just heard that Toys for Bob is gonna split from Activision and become their own independent studio. I don't know if the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon IPs are gonna go with them or not.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
And now I've just heard that Toys for Bob is gonna split from Activision and become their own independent studio. I don't know if the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon IPs are gonna go with them or not.
Do Toys for Bob actually own those properties or just develop the games? I assumed it was the latter.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sadly they’re not, even though I wish they did. If Crash and Spyro did join Toys for Bob in the split-off, I wonder if Toys for Bob would be more willing to okay the two mascots in Smash?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
No, Spyro and Crash are still stuck with ABK/Microsoft, I'm afraid. TFB did hint at a collaboration with Microsoft in the future so that's your best bet.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No, Spyro and Crash are still stuck with ABK/Microsoft, I'm afraid. TFB did hint at a collaboration with Microsoft in the future so that's your best bet.
Oh. Bungie did get to keep Destiny after they split with Activision, although that might be a different case.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
it is cause naughty dog is the one who owned crash
No, Naughty dog never owned Crash, nor Sony, that's a big misconception that I see shared often. Both Crash and Spyro were owned by Vivendi games, which was merged with Activision and the name Vivendi was shutdown.

Oh. Bungie did get to keep Destiny after they split with Activision, although that might be a different case.
Because when Bungie asked Activision to publish the game, they ask to keep 100% the rights on the Destiny ip, which Activision accept. This is very rare, usually the publisher would keep the rights of most games, but since Activision let them own Destiny it is now a Sony ip.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
On the flip side of things, you also have Microsoft retaining the rights to Halo all while Bungie bailed to go make Destiny with Activision.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, Naughty dog never owned Crash, nor Sony, that's a big misconception that I see shared often. Both Crash and Spyro were owned by Vivendi games, which was merged with Activision and the name Vivendi was shutdown.
well they were the ones making the games for a while you can see why

Amornal1

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, which forgotten third party game franchises should be more talked for smash if it gets revived someday? In my case it would be jimmy hopkins from bully.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Today is international women's day, so I wanted to share a list of female characters I would like to see in Smash.

Dixie Kong (Donkey kong)
Krystal (Star fox)
Lyn (Fire emblem)
Ashley (Wario)
Mio (Xenoblade chronicles 3)
Rhythm girl (Rhythm heaven)
Sami (Advance wars)
Chun-Li (Street fighter)
Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Aurora (Child of light)
Lara Croft (Tomb raider)
Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident evil)
Terra (Final fantasy)
2B (Nier automata)

Amornal1

Smash Apprentice
Today is international women's day, so I wanted to share a list of female characters I would like to see in Smash.

Dixie Kong (Donkey kong)
Krystal (Star fox)
Lyn (Fire emblem)
Ashley (Wario)
Sami (Advance wars)
Chun-Li (Street fighter)
Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Aurora (Child of light)
Lara Croft (Tomb raider)
Terra (Final fantasy)
2B (Nier automata)
What about aloy? No joking.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So I have to ask, What do you think the Price of the Base game of the Next Smash game will be? $60, $70, Maybe $80

TOTK was the First Game Nintendo had at $70, and it seemed to have been a success, along with other games in this Category like God of War Ragonorok and Hogwarts Legacy. So $70 games can sell. Nintendo also said they look at each game case by case and determine the price point

I think at the Least the Next Smash will be $70, and it will still probably have DLC, which I don't know how people will take to that in addition to the increase of Game price. $80 I think might be pushing it, but depending on how Content full the game is, I could actually see it, but it would be the first of it's kind in the Modern age of Gaming
I think 70 From what nintendo say 70 is a premium Price so probably games like the next 3d Mario, smash and stuff will be priced at 70
while remakes and lower end titles will be 60 Max!

Rest in peace Akira Toriyama. Dragon Ball always occupied a special place in my heart and you'll be greatly missed by millions around the world. 😢
Wait What? Toryiama Died?!
WHAT! Oh no thats extremly sad! atleast he got to work on projects he personally enjoyed before the end! I Hope toyotaro is ready to replace him going forward!

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Anyway, which forgotten third party game franchises should be more talked for smash if it gets revived someday? In my case it would be jimmy hopkins from bully.
Darkstalkers, Mischief Makers, Popful Mail

No disrespect intended; I just find it funny when this sort of interaction happens.

Person A: Here's a list of my wants/likes.
Person B: You forgot x thing that I like.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it. Personally I'm not a big fan of the franchise, as I don't like "Ubisoft style" open world, but design wise she's a cool character on her own and moveset wise I think there's a lot to work with, tho I would much rather have Lara Croft in that same style.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Today is International Women's Day!
Putting this in a separate post because I didn't want people to have to quote all the images.

For a fun game for today, name your 10 most wanted female newcomers for Smash and your top 10 favorite female veterans you like to play in Ultimate! (can make it top 5 if you can't think of 10)

I'll start:

Newcomers
1. Dixie Kong (DK)
2. Krystal (Star Fox)
3. Impa (Zelda)
4. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
5. Terra (Final Fantasy)
6. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
7. Shantae (Shantae)
8. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
9. Ashley (Warioware)
10. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Favorite Ultimate Characters (Kazooie and Nana are eligible, as well as alts like Alex, Robin, etc.):
1. Peach
2. Lucina
3. Palutena
4. Zero Suit Samus
5. Zelda
6. Pyra/Mythra
7. Robin
8. Corrin
9. Inkling
10. Alex

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Dixie Kong (Donkey kong)
Krystal (Star fox)
Lyn (Fire emblem)
Ashley (Wario)
Sami (Advance wars)
Chun-Li (Street fighter)
Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Aurora (Child of light)
Lara Croft (Tomb raider)
Terra (Final fantasy)
2B (Nier automata)
Happy international Women’s Day! There’s a ton of female characters I’d love to see join the roster. Here are a few of my most wanted:

Dixie Kong (DKC)
Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Nia (Xenoblade)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Jenna Anderson (Astral Chain)
Jessie (Pokémon)
Tharja (Fire Emblem)
Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
Jinx or Vi (League of Legends)
Shionne or Velvet (Tales)
Garnet (FFIX)
Etna (Disgaea)
Gaige (Borderlands)
H’aanit (Octopath Traveller)
Frederica (Triangle Strategy)
B. Orchid (Killer Instinct)
Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
Juri Han (Street Fighter)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quest 64, of course.

Also, Panel de Pon, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, and Mischief Makers~

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Artist is Edwin Huang.
Dark Samus isn't a woman, but amazing piece of art.

name your 10 most wanted female newcomers for Smash
Fighters:
Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
Amaterasu [Okami]
Estelle Bright [Legend of Heroes]
Shantae [Shantae]
Fio/Erin/Marco/Tarma in SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
Toadette/Captain Toad [Treasure Tracker]
Impa [Legend of Zelda]
Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong]

Bosses:
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I didn't get into dbz but I love dq so I'm finding myself asking hypothetical questions about its future. How strongly will his influence remain or do they try to go FF.Realism on it and already the ost will be someone else ..

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Putting this in a separate post because I didn't want people to have to quote the all the images.

For a fun game for today, name your 10 most wanted female newcomers for Smash and your top 10 favorite female veterans you like to play in Ultimate! (can make it top 5 if you can't think of 10)

I'll start:

Newcomers
1. Dixie Kong (DK)
2. Krystal (Star Fox)
3. Impa (Zelda)
5. Terra (Final Fantasy)
7. Shantae (Shantae)
8. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
9. Ashley (Warioware)

Favorite Ultimate Characters (Kazooie and Nana are eligible, as well as alts like Alex, Robin, etc.):
1. Peach
2. Lucina
3. Palutena
4. Zero Suit Samus
5. Zelda
6. Pyra/Mythra
7. Robin
8. Corrin
9. Inkling
10. Alex
1. Lyn
2. Anna (FE)
3. Pauline
4. Sypha Belnades
5. Ahri
6. Lara Croft
7. Xiaomu
8. Athena Asamiya
9. Asuka (Senran Kagura)
10. Nepgear

Ivander

Smash Legend
Putting this in a separate post because I didn't want people to have to quote the all the images.

For a fun game for today, name your 10 most wanted female newcomers for Smash

I'll start:

Newcomers
1. Dixie Kong (DK)
2. Krystal (Star Fox)
3. Impa (Zelda)
5. Terra (Final Fantasy)
7. Shantae (Shantae)
8. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
9. Ashley (Warioware)
  1. Dixie Kong (DK)
  2. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
  3. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  4. Elma (Xenoblade X)
  5. Ashley (WarioWare)
  6. Milky Way (Custom Robo Gamecube)
  7. Viridi (Kid Icarus Uprising)
  8. Impa (Legend of Zelda)
  9. Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
  10. Shantae
Honorable mentions: Toon Zelda from Legend of Zelda, Veronica, Fjorm or Reginn from Fire Emblem Heroes, Krystal from Star Fox, Amaterasu from Okami, Riesz from Trials of Mana & Maria Renard and Shanoa from Castlevania.

Edit: Knew there was someone I wanted was missing, but couldn't remember who at the time.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Dixie Kong (Donkey kong)
Krystal (Star fox)
Lyn (Fire emblem)
Ashley (Wario)
Sami (Advance wars)
Chun-Li (Street fighter)
Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Aurora (Child of light)
Lara Croft (Tomb raider)
Terra (Final fantasy)
2B (Nier automata)
A couple of my wants overlap with these two lists, so I’m gonna do a list of women first and foremost:
  1. Pauline (Mario)
  2. Dixie Kong (DKC)
  3. Krystal (Star Fox)
  4. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  5. Mio (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
    • Alongside Noah
  6. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  7. Aigis (Persona 3)
  8. Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
  9. Valkyrie (Trails in the Sky)
  10. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
name your 10 most wanted female newcomers for Smash
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
Alis Landale or Nei (Phantasy Star)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)
Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)
Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
Fio Germi (Metal Slug)
Amaterasu (Okami)

Stratos

Smash Ace
Here is the list of female characters I would like as newcomers:

Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
Medusa (Kid Icarus series)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
Aisya (ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat)
Miriam (Bloodstained series)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
i feel like for International Woman's day we should be acknowledging the real life women in the industry rather than the fictional ones. you know like yoko shimomura the greast game composer in the world
It's possible to do both at the same time. The fictional ones, while maybe not as valuable as the real life women, still play a role in providing valuable representation and inspiration to girls that are growing up and can see themselves in media and the stories they consume.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

1. Sonia (Puzzle & Dragons)
  2. 5-Volt
  3. Flandre Scarlet
  4. Yuka (Rhythm Heaven)
  5. Cooking Mama
  6. Amaterasu (Okami)
  7. Amy Rose
  8. Tetra
  9. Reimu
  10. Dixie Kong
I can only say that I enjoy :ultzelda::ultminmin:ultdaisy: as far as existing female fighters, if I were pushing it I could include the 1 female Mii :ultbrawler: whom I play using the Shantae outfit, and :ultpikachu: with the Pikachu Libre alt

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
i feel like for International Woman's day we should be acknowledging the real life women in the industry rather than the fictional ones. you know like yoko shimomura the greast game composer in the world
I don't see a problem with telling people your favorite female characters, but I'm certainly not against celebrating some notable female developers, composers, etc. Yoko Shimomura deserves a lot of mention for giving us some of the best music in the video game industry.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

I'm not good with lists because I want a lot of things, so I'm going to cheat a little and split first and third parties.

First Party

Twintelle
Medusa
Captain Syrup
Krystal
Lyn (I went with Lyn because I think she'd please the most people. I'd do an honorable mention list for other FE ladies, but that list would be even longer.)
Impa (No particular version, though preferably a Smash original amalgamation of her past Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild/Age of Calamity designs.)
Lip
Ayumi
Dixie Kong
Pauline

Third Party

Morrigan and Lilith (Echo) - Vampire/Darkstalkers
Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield (Echo) - Biohazard/Resident Evil
Chun Li - Street Fighter
2B - Nier
Shantae
KOS-MOS - Xenosaga
Kasumi - Dead or Alive
Riesz - Mana series
Ryza - Atelier series
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider (preferably the classic version)

5 Most Played in Ultimate
  1. :ultpeach::ultdaisy:
  2. :ultwiifittrainer:
  3. :ultcorrinf:
  4. :ultlucina:
  5. :ultpalutena:

I'll put forth another composer, Michiru Yamane, and artist/character designer Kinu Nishimura.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
women

1709932223036.png

these are the handful i'd be pleasantly surprised to see playable (except for moss because i would unironically sell all of my most beloved worldly possessions to get her in over oatchi)

excuse to post this image

1709932420174.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom