• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice

I didn't know that Sora inclusion would be this controversial considering he was the most voted on the Smash Ballot but here. Some quotes are even saying that his inclusion killed their love of Smash which imo is a bit much.
Its not, most people like it or are neutral seems like, apart from toxic behavior some few have when a character they didnt felt like makes it and how horribly they tantrum at it(which someone popular like Sora makes more obvious than when they do it at lesser known characters since they cant pretend to represent the community like they loved to pretend they do)

and twitter blue means engagement of all sort can give you profit, cause you become elligible to be paid for the posts if you reach a certain amount of "impressions" (and you can hide the blue badge and use bots to give yourself likes to make it worse) meaning some there are toxic on purpose for the sole purpose of getting more eyes to their posts.

I feel like people forget this but when the ballot happened, people still had some excitement for KH3. Vs when Sora was finally revealed... Well let's just remember that in 2019, KH3 had slipped so far from public consciousness that a Fire Emblem game was seen as the snubbed GOTY contender.

Even if Master Chief was announced for the next game, I think the fall out of Infinite will cause some people to look more dour on it compared to his potential inclusion in 2021 back when people were excited about Infinite.
no, you cant compare a single new entry doing worse later to a top popular choice being seen as "middling", specially when the types having tantrum over even Sora seems to be the same ones who would tantrum at him no matter when he got added, and the same that cried if anyone other than the 2/3 they pretend to like made it like they did to Hero or Terry, its just more obvious because since he was "n 1 pick" they cant lie that theyre some fanbase representative and that everyone agrees like they did to every previous choice.

And I don't know enough about Meowscarada to say anything on it.
Meowscarada is a magician that throws long distance flower bombs, would play nothing like it, all late starters are fairly different. It would be like Joker with Duck Hunt specials.
If a new pokemon got added now in a port/mario kart style wave etc(for the sake of discussing a newcomer with it being from this gen and because new games that replace characters are boring and just pushed by salty ex-fans) they should add Ogerpon on top of the pre-existing roster.

It was made for smash, the masks would be the down-b, the Ivy Cudgel the normal special, its charismatic and it could have an Oni Mountain stage with Kitakami songs.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Universal maybe?
looks up

Well, the history is certainly interesting, but would you believe.....Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon? Technically?

But like, I'm trying to look at the history involving Universal's gaming studio Universal Interactive and yeah, Crash and Spyro were once under them and then there's the whole thing with Vivendi, Universal, merges and eventually the lead-up to Activision eventually getting Crash and Spyro...it's a big mess trying to get a clear timeline of it's history aside from Crash and Spyro once belonging to Universal early on.

Edit: Okay, trying to find any other potential games, but why does the Universal Studios wiki have an article on WarioWare Smooth Moves? I could understand the Mario movie being on it, but why the random article on WarioWare?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey guys I haven't been on SmashBoards for a hot year minute what have I missed-
View attachment 378900
what do you mean we're at 792 pages we don't even have any smash news. jesus christ on a double decker bus what have you guys been talking about for the past two years
What? It's just us speculating about the next Smash Bros...like it says on the title.

Edit: Also, been a while, hasn't it been?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I didn't know that Sora inclusion would be this controversial considering he was the most voted on the Smash Ballot but here. Some quotes are even saying that his inclusion killed their love of Smash which imo is a bit much.
"Nintendo lost a valued customer the day they added Sora from Kingdom Hearts and not a real gaming icon, like my most wanted, Shelgon"
1696654500594.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
That said, I guess the one of the noteworthy things we somewhat talked about was in regards to AI Generation and how much it'll have an effect on Smash leaks when the next game is announced, to the point where very likely, all leaks will get banned on the spot regardless of being fake or not.

Oh, and how Intelligent Systems should go wild in design with a future Fire Emblem game after the most recent FEH update and the newest sidequest villain.
wsptcvyplwrb1.png
Imagine a non-mobile Fire Emblem game with designs based around this character.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Um, I am hoping you saw this other post I made...
I did miss that, my apologies.

That said, I guess the one of the noteworthy things we somewhat talked about was in regards to AI Generation and how much it'll have an effect on Smash leaks when the next game is announced, to the point where very likely, all leaks will get banned on the spot regardless of being fake or not.

Oh, and how Intelligent Systems should go wild in design with a future Fire Emblem game after the most recent FEH update and the newest sidequest villain.
View attachment 378905Imagine a non-mobile Fire Emblem game with designs based around this character.
She would be a good final boss along the lines of Fornortiis or Ashera.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That because there was a heavy reliance on old stuff and even then we still lost several game modes. EIH did cost us it’s that a lot of people didn’t care it’s not the same thing
Yeah. In the base roster of Smash Ultimate there were only 11 newcomers, and 6 of those were clones. There were also only 4 new stages and plenty of modes got cut as much of the single player budget went to World of Light, Spirits, and the revamped Classic Mode. Event Matches, Target Blast, Master Orders and Crazy Orders, Coin Matches, and All-Star Mode were all cut. Multi-Man Smash was severely gimped and lost half of its options. 10-Man Smash, 3-Minute Smash, and Rival Smash were all cut. All that remained were 100-Man Smash (now rebranded as Century Smash), All-Star Smash (Endless Smash, except it's now fused with All-Star Mode), and Cruel Smash. And both Home Run Contest and Stage Builder were not in the game at launch and had to be added later on in updates. Everyone is Here did affect the level of new content we did get, and bringing it back will only make it worse.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey guys I haven't been on SmashBoards for a hot year minute what have I missed-
View attachment 378900
what do you mean we're at 792 pages we don't even have any smash news. jesus christ on a double decker bus what have you guys been talking about for the past two years
Welcome back! As you can see, us Smash fans have continued being Smash fans. How've you been?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
View attachment 378900
Hey, man, welcome back!

Anyways, I know you’re a pretty big Falcom fan so what do you think of my Estelle Bright moveset?

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
The first act was entirely contained in Dream drop distance which ends very abruptly with KH3 picking off immediately where 3D left off. Something that's weird to do after a 7 year wait.
I haven't played KH3 yet but this is the most annoying part about DDD. Not "complex" stuff at the end of game i won't mention for spoilers but that at the end the story feels so incomplete and unfinished. Why that and KH3 couldn't be one game, i have no idea?

Are we somehow tricking ourselves into thinking that Sora of all characters had middling reception?
I mean look of the quotes of that tweet. I'm as confused as you.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I think that if a new company should be in the next Smash Bros, it should be between Koei Tecmo or Ubisoft.
Yes it is a possibility, the candidate characters from these two companies to come in future Super Smash Bros. games I believe will be as follows:

Koei Tecmo:

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive series)
Miku Hinasaki (Fatal Frame series)
Suezo (Monster Rancher franchise)
Mocchi (Monster Rancher franchise)

Ubisoft:

Rayman (Rayman franchise)
Rabbids (Rabbids franchise)
Prince (Prince of Persia franchise)
Desmond Miles (Assassin's Creed franchise)

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
How did Bowser get so big, I wonder. His army has some big toughs but nothing like himself who is a dozen times bigger still. It'd be like meeting a 20 foot tall human. Hmmm. Super Mushroom Steroids maybe? Inquiring minds wanna know!

S Stratos you have a good list but I wanna add Rygar for KT mkay ... Hey was that u I played on Elite Smash yesterday or just someone else named Stratos ..

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
How did Bowser get so big, I wonder. His army has some big toughs but nothing like himself who is a dozen times bigger still. It'd be like meeting a 20 foot tall human. Hmmm. Super Mushroom Steroids maybe? Inquiring minds wanna know!
kamek

Amornal1

Smash Apprentice
Yes it is a possibility, the candidate characters from these two companies to come in future Super Smash Bros. games I believe will be as follows:

Koei Tecmo:

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive series)
Miku Hinasaki (Fatal Frame series)
Suezo (Monster Rancher franchise)
Mocchi (Monster Rancher franchise)

Ubisoft:

Rayman (Rayman franchise)
Rabbids (Rabbids franchise)
Prince (Prince of Persia franchise)
Desmond Miles (Assassin's Creed franchise)
Okay, altough i would change desmond miles for ezio auditore.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Unlike a certain frog, Bowser ate his vegetables as a kid.
And we haven't seen that frog again in years. Hmm...
They could have Wart come back after years to get his revenge by teaming up with Bowser and Mario and Luigi having to deal with them. If they think of doing that then either he will actually cooperate because they have common enemies with Mario and Luigi or he will use him to get after his power by trying to get him out of the way too.

Now I'll write something for fun, Bowser fuses with Wart and they become King Koopa from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show cartoon series.

The truth is, I read somewhere that this version of Bowser from the cartoon series is inspired by Bowser himself and by Wart as well. It kind of makes sense if one thinks that Wart wears a crown while Bowser doesn't then yes it would and especially that Bowser has hair in the video game series but no in the cartoon series. But I cannot be sure that this is the case.

dream1ng

Smash Lord

View attachment 378905Imagine a non-mobile Fire Emblem game with designs based around this character.
If we don't ban a text leak, which will always remain the easiest to make, don't see why we'd ban image leaks because they might be AI. Just gonna require us treating picture leaks with even more skepticism. But it's not the Brawl era, just having a simple contextless image leak usually isn't enough to convince those impartial to its content. I mean, we got stuff like Cacomallow, and even that was only kept alive so long due mostly to Geno fans.

Really depends where AI is at with video at that point. Including its ability to flawlessly recreate a stage.

Though AI will add an interesting layer to leaks. Image leaks are at least a little more interesting than text leaks and the incessant bull**** of clout chasers and leaker worship, imo. But hey, there are people who buy into baseless text leaks, you don't need to get super elaborate with it to hook some suckers.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
"Shulk is just an AI Little Mac"

Can't wait
And "Danny Devito is just an AI-Generation using Incineroar."

The "Smash leak" images for the next Smash are certainly going to be wild with how much AI has advanced within just this year. Can't even imagine how much it'll have progressed when the next Smash Bros. is announced.

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
I’m sad to see that more unnecessary BWD hate just sprung up in the last two days, as well as all the other recent Smash-related debates.
It's either Bandana Dee, Waluigi or Geno that usually get the most detractors these days. The crime of wanting Nintendo characters for a Nintendo-adjecent crossover.

What happened?
Twitter happened.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The year is 2047. AI has taken over the entire entertainment industry. Sakurai has been dismissed from his role as director of Super Smash Bros. The higher-ups at Nintendo walk into the nearly-abandoned Sora Ltd. office to consult with the new decision-maker behind the series - ChatGPT. They walk out of the office ready to put their AI programmers, AI artists, and game designers (who are also ChatGPT) to work on the newly-decided newcomers. They prepare the next reveal. It comes out. Some people laugh, some people cry, some enter a state of despair. The next two characters are Fire Mario and Boba Fett

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The year is 2047. AI has taken over the entire entertainment industry. Sakurai has been dismissed from his role as director of Super Smash Bros. The higher-ups at Nintendo walk into the nearly-abandoned Sora Ltd. office to consult with the new decision-maker behind the series - ChatGPT. They walk out of the office ready to put their AI programmers, AI artists, and game designers (who are also ChatGPT) to work on the newly-decided newcomers. They prepare the next reveal. It comes out. Some people laugh, some people cry, some enter a state of despair. The next two characters are Fire Mario and Boba Fett
Pfft! Like they would let AI make video games in the future! I mean, they could, but the human brain is a much better tool at making games than an AI would ever be, no matter how advanced it may be.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If an AI choose the future characters, this will be the resulting Fighters Pass:
1. Brooklyn T. Guy (SML)
2. A 140p version of all Xenoblade cutscenes (alts are from X, 2 and 3)
3. The King from Chess 2
4. Mega Audino
5. The cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as one character
6. The Japanese localization of Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp 1+2
7. The Sonic Boom redesign of Feels the Rabbits
8. Dirt

Ivander

Smash Legend
If an AI choose the future characters, this will be the resulting Fighters Pass:
1. Brooklyn T. Guy (SML)
2. A 140p version of all Xenoblade cutscenes (alts are from X, 2 and 3)
3. The King from Chess 2
4. Mega Audino
5. The cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as one character
6. The Japanese localization of Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp 1+2
7. The Sonic Boom redesign of Feels the Rabbits
8. Dirt
Well, according to one version of Chat GPT, the first 6 characters it suggested are Crash Bandicoot, Master Chief, Rayman, Geno, Dante and Sora. Obviously picking the most frequently mentioned characters, hence why it picked Sora despite him already being in, but still, nowhere near as random as one would think would happen.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, according to one version of Chat GPT, the first 6 characters it suggested are Crash Bandicoot, Master Chief, Rayman, Geno, Dante and Sora. Obviously picking the most frequently mentioned characters, hence why it picked Sora despite him already being in, but still, nowhere near as random as one would think would happen.
Isn't ChatGPT's database only up to date for mid-2021 or something? Would explain Sora.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Isn't ChatGPT's database only up to date for mid-2021 or something? Would explain Sora.
Probably. All I just did was pick one of the first ones when I searched for it. One refused to straight out answer and the other I almost couldn't use because it was having issues with my Adblocker despite turning it off for the page. So really, it's likely either not up to date or it simply picked the most talked about characters.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Some would like characters from Warcraft and StarCraft as newcomers to future Super Smash Bros. games, but the question is who could come from those two franchises.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly doubt it. At best I could maybe see a spirit or whatever equivalent they have for trophies/spirits next game. Otherwise, they don't really have much in the way of content to offer.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Similar to series like Style Savvy, while I'd LIKE to see more from the series, I certainly don't see Fitness Boxing getting more than a couple trophies/spirits of the characters from that series.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Some would like characters from Warcraft and StarCraft as newcomers to future Super Smash Bros. games, but the question is who could come from those two franchises.
From StarCraft probably Nova or Raynor. Maybe Kerrigan.

I know less about Warcraft, but Illidan or the Lich King is my guess.

And fwiw, probably Tyrael from Diablo.

Top Bottom