• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I just want controllers that actually work properly. I went through 4 pro controllers that all had drift so I ended up just buying an adapter so I could use my PS4 controllers. It’s a shame because the Switch pro controller was so comfortable.
I genuinely didn't even know pro controllers could get drift... I had one from summer 2017 to the totk launch that worked fine until the last month before the game released where the right trigger started acting up. Honestly with how much I used it it lasted really well.

The only thing I would change about the next Switch would be to add an additional separation between the screen and the main processor of the system(so, 4 parts instead of the current 3). That way, you could have the system docked to the TV, while still having the joycons AND the screen in your hand. Which would allow Nintento to do dual screen again.
The only issue I can see with that is that it doesn't allow portable dual screen, and I doubt they'd limit it to when the console's docked.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I genuinely didn't even know pro controllers could get drift... I had one from summer 2017 to the totk launch that worked fine until the last month before the game released where the right trigger started acting up. Honestly with how much I used it it lasted really well.
Haven't had issues with my launch Pro either. Either we're lucky, or Gengar is unlucky.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A thought. Sakurai is like 52 right? And has spoken about retirement soon or at least not getting as directly involved in game development? I wonder if he’s planning to settle down and start a family…

it would be fitting for Sakurai’s progeny to take over their father’s role once they grow up. It would be nice but I doubt it would happen.

just a thought

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A thought. Sakurai is like 52 right? And has spoken about retirement soon or at least not getting as directly involved in game development? I wonder if he’s planning to settle down and start a family…

it would be fitting for Sakurai’s progeny to take over their father’s role once they grow up. It would be nice but I doubt it would happen.

just a thought
what he said was semi retirement cause he has a bad habit of over working himself. let us not forget when he gave himself RSI while working on smash 4

Ivander

Smash Legend

just a thought
He does have a wife and she's been with him for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've had a child or two already.
Quick industry update: the MS/ABK deal deadline is now October 18.

The ride truly never ends!
Hopefully, that's the only ride for now. Been hearing the rumors about Disney and Apple. Imagine trying to get Sora back and not only having to deal with Square Enix and Disney, but also Apple. Geez, copyrights are a pain.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Haven't had issues with my launch Pro either. Either we're lucky, or Gengar is unlucky.
Yeah, my friend hasn’t had any issues either but I think he has a third party pro controller. His joycons drift though and mine are fine but I don’t really like to play handheld so I never use them. At least the adapter works most of the time so I can still play.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The only thing I would change about the next Switch would be to add an additional separation between the screen and the main processor of the system(so, 4 parts instead of the current 3). That way, you could have the system docked to the TV, while still having the joycons AND the screen in your hand. Which would allow Nintento to do dual screen again.
I want this if only so they can port DS games to a modern console without needing to make workarounds like Capcom's been doing.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I want this if only so they can port DS games to a modern console without needing to make workarounds like Capcom's been doing.
I've been wanting this too! So wait what is Capcom doing to facilitate dual screen games on a single screen? Like using split screen or...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've been wanting this too! So wait what is Capcom doing to facilitate dual screen games on a single screen? Like using split screen or...
Some of their port jobs over the past few years hav been DS games given reworks to work on single screens.

If i remember right the touch screen stuff in Megaman ZX was put on the other stick.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I just got done watching a playthrough of FE Engage and it gave me inspiration for how Alear can get around the Engage mechanic without having to depend on other FE characters: Alear themselves becomes an Emblem near the end of the game, so in that case they can do the Engage mechanic wthout another Emblem present.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just got done watching a playthrough of FE Engage and it gave me inspiration for how Alear can get around the Engage mechanic without having to depend on other FE characters: Alear themselves becomes an Emblem near the end of the game, so in that case they can do the Engage mechanic wthout another Emblem present.
that's also when he gets the ideal final smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After playing Perfect Dark, I'm tempted to try and come up with a moveset for Joanna Dark, though I realize that she's probably not even in the top ten in terms of likely Microsoft characters, especially if this Activision/Blizzard deal goes through.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
After playing Perfect Dark, I'm tempted to try and come up with a moveset for Joanna Dark, though I realize that she's probably not even in the top ten in terms of likely Microsoft characters, especially if this Activision/Blizzard deal goes through.
To her credit, I think GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were the first third party games to get any content in Smash with the proximity mines in 64 and Melee respectively. That might count for something if not much.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
There's also a Perfect dark reboot in development. Still, her chances are probably fairly low in the grand scheme of things but who knows. If anything having her as an assist or a mii costume for the gunner would be fun.

An just for fun since MegaDoomer mentioned it, here's a top 10 Microsoft characters that would be fun in Smash including activision/Blizzard (not in specific order):
-Master chief (Halo)
-Tracer (Overwatch)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Doom slayer
-Raz (Psychonauts)
-Rash (Battletoads)
-Joanna Dark (Perfect dark)
-Diablo
-Fulgore (Killer insctinct)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
There's also a Perfect dark reboot in development. Still, her chances are probably fairly low in the grand scheme of things but who knows. If anything having her as an assist or a mii costume for the gunner would be fun.

An just for fun since MegaDoomer mentioned it, here's a top 10 Microsoft characters that would be fun in Smash including activision/Blizzard (not in specific order):
-Master chief (Halo)
-Tracer (Overwatch)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Doom slayer
-Raz (Psychonauts)
-Rash (Battletoads)
-Diablo
I’m really hoping that Perfect Dark game wasn’t cancelled and actually ends up living up to its legacy. RARE is the main thing keeping me from buying a PS5. It’s too bad Microsoft doesn’t do more with their IP but I’m still hopeful we’ll see something.

There’s also StarCraft that’s worth considering. It had a pretty major impact on online gaming, is massively popular in Korea, and even got a game on the Nintendo 64.

It’s weird that WarCraft is the only major Blizzard IP never to have appeared on a Nintendo console. You’d think something like Hearthstone would have worked well enough on the Switch. I don’t know if that entirely disqualifies it for Smash consideration but I suppose the same is true for Halo.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

-Master chief (Halo)
-Tracer (Overwatch)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Doom slayer
-Raz (Psychonauts)
-Rash (Battletoads)
-Diablo
I'm gonna do this by likelihood and by what I would personally like respectively.

Likelihood
-Crash Bandicoot
-Master Chief
-Dragonborn
-Doom Slayer
-Tracer
-Diablo
-Spyro
-A WoW Rep
-Vault Boy
-Fulgore

Want
-Spyro the Dragon
-Crash Bandicoot
-Master Chief
-Doom Slayer
-Dragonborn
-Fulgore
-A WoW Rep
-Tracer
-Diablo
-Joanna Dark

Honestly I would prefer her and Fulgore over Conker if we are going to represent Rare in the 90s. Perfect Dark was essentially Goldeneye 2 but we could not have the license. Killer Instinct also had so much hype for it back in the day, it was genuinely a major hype bringer in the mid 90s for the Nintendo Ultra 64. It also helps that I think both would "pop" better than Conker if that makes sense.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm gonna do this by likelihood and by what I would personally like respectively.

Likelihood
-Crash Bandicoot
-Master Chief
-Dragonborn
-Doom Slayer
-Tracer
-Diablo
-Spyro
-A WoW Rep
-Vault Boy
-Fulgore

Want
-Spyro the Dragon
-Crash Bandicoot
-Master Chief
-Doom Slayer
-Dragonborn
-Fulgore
-A WoW Rep
-Tracer
-Diablo
-Joanna Dark

Honestly I would prefer her and Fulgore over Conker if we are going to represent Rare in the 90s. Perfect Dark was essentially Goldeneye 2 but we could not have the license. Killer Instinct also had so much hype for it back in the day, it was genuinely a major hype bringer in the mid 90s for the Nintendo Ultra 64. It also helps that I think both would "pop" better than Conker if that makes sense.
Yeah, I’d be hyped for either one of them. My top 3 most wanted RARE characters (limited to one per series) are The Battletoads > Fulgore > Joanna Dark. I probably put more time into Perfect Dark than the others so that helps. If we include all of Microsoft, then Illidan is right up there with Fulgore and Sarah Kerrigan is just above Joanna Dark. Diablo would be awesome to and he’s right around Joanna in my most wanted list.

No offense to Conker fans, but I just never personally cared for the character. Besides the fact that we already got Banjo to represent their N64 platformers, Microsoft has stronger contenders for a 3D platformer mascot in Crash and Spyro. I feel like any of the above characters would offer more variety than Conker on top of being generally more popular. As I’ve said before, if it somehow ended up as Conker getting in over the others, I’d be disappointed, sure, but I’d still be happy for those that do like him.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I’m really hoping that Perfect Dark game wasn’t cancelled and actually ends up living up to its legacy. RARE is the main thing keeping me from buying a PS5. It’s too bad Microsoft doesn’t do more with their IP but I’m still hopeful we’ll see something.

There’s also StarCraft that’s worth considering. It had a pretty major impact on online gaming, is massively popular in Korea, and even got a game on the Nintendo 64.

It’s weird that WarCraft is the only major Blizzard IP never to have appeared on a Nintendo console. You’d think something like Hearthstone would have worked well enough on the Switch. I don’t know if that entirely disqualifies it for Smash consideration but I suppose the same is true for Halo.
I should probably mention that the reason why so many Rare IPs are inactive is at least partially because Rare themselves don't have any interest in them. Best we can hope for is that the ActiBlizz deal leads to Toys For Bob making a Banjo-Kazooie remake, and that's assuming they'd even WANT to.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I should probably mention that the reason why so many Rare IPs are inactive is at least partially because Rare themselves don't have any interest in them. Best we can hope for is that the ActiBlizz deal leads to Toys For Bob making a Banjo-Kazooie remake, and that's assuming they'd even WANT to.
I’ve heard rumors that there are plans to bring back Killer Instinct. At the very least, Phil Spencer has acknowledged the fan demand for another game. Maxamillian Dood has had a few videos about it. The last game got such a great reception given the very limited budget. It would be really interesting to see what they could do given more time and investment.

We did get a new Battletoads recently and despite the mixed reception, I’ve heard it sold decently well. I saw an official statement claiming to have sold at least one million copies, which isn’t too bad all things considered. Hopefully that’s at least enough justification to make another game and work on the areas that weren’t as well received. Even better, it would be awesome to see Tribute Games make a crossover Beat em up with the Battletoads and TMNT.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
1. Master Chief [Halo]
2. Diablo [Diablo]
3. Kerrigan [Starcraft]
4. Dragonborne [Elder Scrolls]
5. Doom Slayer [Doom]
6. Illidan [Warcraft]
7. Tracer [Overwatch]
8. Fulgore [Killer Instinct]
9. Rash/Zits [Battletoads]
10. Corvo [Dishonored]

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm sure it will turn out fine. People seems to be worried because it has been announced almost 3 years ago with no news, but this is a game made from a brand new studio build from the ground up by Microsoft, it was pretty obvious that the wait would be fairly long. I'm sure we'll see more of it next year or in 2 years at worst.

Man imagine if Vicarious visions still existed...

A new Banjo by Double fine would have been amazing too, but Tim Schafer said that they only want to work on their own ip.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I might as well share my top 10 most wanted Microsoft characters too since I probably talk about some of them the most around here lol. I’m going to try and limit this to just one per franchise so it doesn’t end up being half KI characters and half WarCraft/StarCraft characters.

1. Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
3. Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
4. Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
5. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
6. Diablo (Diablo)
7. Doom Slayer (DOOM)
8. Master Chief (Halo)
9. Crash Bandicoot (Crash)
10. Genji (Overwatch)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Honestly I think it would be cool to see banjo and crash crossover game I think it perfectly fit

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It's very much a personal thing but I don't think I'd ever be able to look at a Blizzard character in Smash and not immediately start thinking of the vile **** that was allowed to go on over there.

Obviously that's going to be different for everyone. I'm sure plenty of people can look past it especially if they have an emotional attachment to the character, and that's more than fine! I just know that for me, it'd honestly be a little hard to stomach. I understand that the individuals that created those characters and IPs aren't necessarily going to be the same people that were perpetuating such behavior, but that gut reaction, that stench, it's hard to shake it off.

Again, if you can look past it, more power to you. I just know that it's something I struggle with.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Poll: Which Dormant Nintendo Franchise Would You Most Like To See Return?

Right now F-zero leads with 14%, Eternal Darkness, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun and Star Fox tie for second at 11%, and DKC nipping at their heels at 10%.

I'm guessing DKC will go up to join the rest in 2nd place but the clear favorite is F-Zero.

Which has me a bit shocked actually... I mean I liked it an all but only played it on SNES and really my attachment to it is because of Smash.

Meanwhile Eternal Darkness has only the one game on one console and it's batting average with the likes of Star Fox? Amazing!

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
I've always been kind of hesitant about the idea of Crash being in Smash Bros because I still see him as a PlayStation icon. And if he does get in Smash, I know people are going to bring up how he got in that instead of PlayStation All-Stars. It's something I would hate for people to keep bringing up.

But then I noticed that Sonic has been in more than half the Smash Bros series and people don't constantly bring up how he wasn't in Fighters Megamix. Though I'm sure there are people who wish he was, it's never been a cited as a problem with the game's roster. I mean, this game was made by SEGA, so you'd think people would be even worse on them but fortunately, they're not and I'm glad about that.

So if people can accept Sonic without thinking about Fighters Megamix, they should be able to do the same about Crash without thinking about PlayStation All-Stars.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Right now F-zero leads with 14%, Eternal Darkness, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun and Star Fox tie for second at 11%, and DKC nipping at their heels at 10%.

I'm guessing DKC will go up to join the rest in 2nd place but the clear favorite is F-Zero.

Which has me a bit shocked actually... I mean I liked it an all but only played it on SNES and really my attachment to it is because of Smash.

Meanwhile Eternal Darkness has only the one game on one console and it's batting average with the likes of Star Fox? Amazing!
Racing will never be the same again once Miyamoto finally figures out the perfect new gimmick for F-Zero after 20 years that doesn’t involve an anime that bombed.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ice cold take.

A lot of the most adamant F-Zero supporters have never given any of the games any serious amount of time. It's almost entirely support birthed by Captain Falcon in Smash. It's also why you hear so many people say F-Zero should be a GTA styled brawler.

They don't actually care about the franchise's roots.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
this might seem like a weird pick but one of the konami rep i want in smash is Princess Tomato from salad kingdom

its one of the oldest princess in video game back from 1984
i see her work as :ultpeach::ultdaisy: clone but smaller version basically
she can use Bomberman default bomb for her neutral special
and she can also have :ultzelda: down special by using Sir Cucumber to fight for her

there are other things but overall Peach moveset isnt mostly based on mario games and that could work for Princess Tomato

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

There may be an issue with Eternal Darkness. The devs, Silicon Knights are in hot water over many reasons, one of them being some code plagiarism lawsuit, the other being that a programmer there was outed as a…sex offender…

It’s why we’ll never see Shadow of the Eternals, that Eternal Darkness successor, come to fruition, and why Twin Snakes wasn’t in the Metal Gear remaster collection (despite me believing it’s the superior version of MGS1)

it’s understandable that Nintendo would want to keep their distance. Yes we did get that Alexandra Roivas spirit (she’s the Eternal Darkness protag) but aside from that…

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There may be an issue with Eternal Darkness. The devs, Silicon Knights are in hot water over many reasons, one of them being some code plagiarism lawsuit, the other being that a programmer there was outed as a…sex offender…

It’s why we’ll never see Shadow of the Eternals, that Eternal Darkness successor, come to fruition, and why Twin Snakes wasn’t in the Metal Gear remaster collection (despite me believing it’s the superior version of MGS1)

it’s understandable that Nintendo would want to keep their distance. Yes we did get that Alexandra Roivas spirit (she’s the Eternal Darkness protag) but aside from that…
I don't think Silicon Knights are even still around...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Honestly? I feel the same way about F-Zero that Nintendo does. I just don't think it's needed when we have Mario Kart.

Just give me F-Zero racers and more F-Zero tracks in MK and I'm satisfied with that.

I just need an expanded Smash Run to return
Battle Royaaaale...

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ice cold take.

A lot of the most adamant F-Zero supporters have never given any of the games any serious amount of time. It's almost entirely support birthed by Captain Falcon in Smash. It's also why you hear so many people say F-Zero should be a GTA styled brawler.

They don't actually care about the franchise's roots.
I feel like that’s a part of it but not the full story.

I think at least part of it is trying to give F Zero a new identity by brute force. We know how Miyamoto feels about F Zero. He thinks it’s both irrelevant for showing off hardware specs and not needed when Mario Kart exists. Turning F Zero into a sandbox game lets you attempt to push that square peg into a round hole. It isn’t a perfect fit, heck it arguably isn’t even a great fit, but it fits well enough. The cooky characters from F Zero Gx would be fun to see in a game focused on their cooky world.

Having an Arkham City or Spider-Man style F Zero game where Falcon can drift around a huge urbanized world and fight bad guys sounds fun. It’s not exactly a great fit for what F Zero is known for, but I’d rather get something than nothing if that makes sense.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
F-Zero has a pretty distinct feeling from Mario Kart despite both being racing games. It goes for a less cartoony and more typical anime aesthetic and the races are always exciting with how fast everything goes. F-Zero is best at being thrilling and pumps you up where Mario Kart is a lot more laid back and relaxing to play. You can really tell by each franchise’s soundtracks. F-Zero goes for more of a Metal style while modern Mario Kart seems to be more upbeat Jazz. I think there’s plenty of room for both series and they don’t necessarily appeal to the same people.

Like Phantom mentioned, I think F-Zero could make for a really cool hybrid of a Beat em Up and a racing game. You can have some stages on foot where Falcon and the others fight through waves of enemies, some more traditional battle racing stages like the past games, and others with elements of both.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I just finished my take on an Alear moveset, with some moves taken from Source Gaming's interpretation.
Intro: Alear proclaims “Emblem, Engage!” as they enter the battlefield from a golden Warp circle surrounded by red and blue flower petals.

Stance/Idle 1: Their battle stance from Engage.
Idle 2: Alear casually spins their sword in a vertical motion.
Idle 3: Alear places their sword atop their free hand and examines it for a moment.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Female (default)
    • Red and blue hair (default)
    • Orange and purple hair (Neon Orange and Neon Purple Joy-Cons)
    • Pink and green hair (Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Cons)
    • Yellow and blue hair (Neon Blue and Neon Yellow Joy-Cons)
    • Black hair (Gray Joy-Cons)
    • Veyle (black and white hair)
    • 13th Emblem (blue hair)
    • Past Alear (special costume)
  2. Male
    • Red and blue hair (default)
    • Orange and purple hair (Neon Orange and Neon Purple Joy-Cons)
    • Pink and green hair (Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Cons)
    • Yellow and blue hair (Neon Blue and Neon Yellow Joy-Cons)
    • Vander (white hair)
    • Veyle (black and white hair)
    • 13th Emblem (blue hair)
    • Past Alear (special costume)
Walk: Alear keeps their weapon lowered and marches ahead at a careful pace.
Dash: With their sword held to their side and their cape swaying in the wind, Alear sprints forward.
Damage: Their damage animation from Engage.
Jump: Alear jumps relatively normally, then gracefully spirals through the air for the second jump.
Crouch: Alear puts their free hand on the ground and ducks toward it.

Normal Attacks
Jab: A straight thrust (3%, small knockback) followed by a diagonal slice in one direction (3%, small knockback), finishing with another slice in the other direction (5%, small knockback)
Forward+A: A horizontal slash (7%, small knockback)
Up+A: A backward overhead arc slash (9%, small knockback)
Down+A: Alear kicks forward with their left leg (7%, small knockback)
Dash Attack: Alear leaps ahead and lands a powerful cleave (11%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: A frontflip into a horizontal slash (8%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Alear kicks at one side and slashes toward the other while getting back up (7%, small knockback)nockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: A sex kick (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Alear stabs ahead with their sword envelopes in draconic flames (13%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Alear spins and kicks backward (12%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Alear flips upside down and spins horizontally with their foot reach out (10%, small knockback)
Air Down+A: A downward kick enveloped in draconic flames (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Alear performs a powerful horizontal slash (19%, OK knockback) that doubles as a draconic flame projectile when further from the opponent (14%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Alear jumps up and performs a backward overhead arc slash (19%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Alear stabs into the ground, releasing a pillar of draconic flames (20%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Alear grabs the opponent with their free hand.
Pummel: A knee strike (2%)
Forwards+Throw: A shoulder bash (9%, small knockback)
Back+Throw: A suplex (13%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Alear tosses the opponent into the air and thrusts their sword skyward, hitting multiple times with a flurry of draconic flames (12%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Alear forces the opponent into a headlock, then slams them onto the ground (10%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Divine Dragon Fist; Alear channels draconic flames into their palms, then drives them forward with a fiery blast (13%, OK knockback). Interestingly, this blast doesn’t count as a projectile.
B + ← → : Divine Dragon Lunge; Alear dashes forward with draconic flames around their sword (14%, OK knockback)
B + ↑ : Divine Dragon Jump; Alear jumps and hits opponents once with their sword enveloped in draconic flames (12%, OK knockback)
B + ↓ : Engage / Counter; Alear Engages using the Ring of the Connector. If the meter isn’t full, Alear instead performs a regular counter.

Gimmick: Engage Mode; using a meter on their HUD that starts out full, Alear can assume the form they take when they Engage with Marth, except without an Emblem present at all…which is because Alear becomes an Emblem themselves near the end of the game. In this form, Alear has access to brand new versions of their special moves, loosely based on their allies. In this form, Alear gains a decent stat boost, and their special moves take appearances based on the personal skills of Alfred, Diamant, Timerra and Ivy, who also appear next to Alear during these attacks via Warp Staff (as Alear is technically Engaging with all four of them). However, the meter drains over time, with special moves draining ⅓ of it. Once Alear exits Engage Mode, you must take and deal damage in order to refill the meter, though it doesn’t refill at all when the Counter special is used.

B : Single-Minded Ice Fist; Alear and Ivy fire an icy projectile surrounded by red and blue roses that homes in on the nearest opponent, with a chance of freezing them (17%, OK knockback)
B + ← → : Self-Improved Lunge; Alear and Alfred lunge forward even further, with a chance of inflicting a flower effect the longer you go without using it (20%, medium knockback)
B + ↑ : Racket Jump; Alear and Timerra jump up and hit the opponent five times, which also decreases how much knockback Alear can take from the opponent they attacked (15%, OK knockback)
B + ↓ : Fair Counter; Alear takes a counter stance and retaliates when attacked, and Diamant appears next to Alear to attack foes behind them. What makes this one stand out is that not only can it only counter from the front, but when used twice in a row in quick succession, Alear doesn’t retaliate. Instead, Alear is stumbled and briefly susceptible to more knockback and damage from the opponent.

Final Smash: All for One; Alear points their sword forwards and proclaims “Fate has brought us here!” as a red-and-blue beam of light emits from it. Any opponents hit are taken into a cutscene where Alfred, Diamant, Timerra and Ivy perform their respective Chain Attacks, finishing with Alear stabbing forward, instantly K.O.-ing anyone above 100% when the attack finishes. In the final shot:
  • Alfred appears on the bottom left
  • Diamant appears on the top left
  • Ivy appears on the top right
  • Timerra appears on the bottom right

Taunts
Up: Sommie appears and barks playfully.
Side: “I’m guided by the Emblems.” Alear’s standard victory pose.
Down: “I’ll never yield…” Alear’s victory pose after using an Engage attack with Marth.

Winposes
1: Alear appears in their Emblem form and holds the handle of their sword to their face while pointing the blade in the opposite direction.
2: Marth’s ring appears in front of Alear, who then grabs it and makes a determined face.
3: Alear makes a pose resembling their official artwork (as pictured above).

Applause: Alear claps respectfully for the winner.
Icon: The Falchion
Boxing Ring Title: The Divine Dragon
Star K.O.:
  • “I’m sorryyy…!” (Female)
  • “It’s too muuuuch…!” (Male)
Victory Music: The start of Engage’s main theme, mixed with the Stage Clear theme.
Kirby Hat: Alear’s hair, which changes depending on which gender of Alear is present.

Side note: Obviously Marth would still be present even if Alear gets in. The only change I’d make is to his Final Smash; it would become Lodestar Rush, which sees Marth dash forward and slash eight times (4% each), ending with a massive crescent-shaped projectile that hits other fighters (40%, far knockback).

Top Bottom