• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Laniv

Smash Champion
Music? Here's some music I want:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Since the music can't be stopped, here's a list i found in SmashWiki:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
How about we discuss something actually interesting, like music. What are some tracks you think are sadly missing from Ultimate? What songs would you like in the next Smash?
Get ready, guys. I'm focusing on songs that should've been in Ultimate and spoiler warning: it's gonna be a long list. (Songs highlighted in bold are hypothetical new remixes for Smash, and I will use some fanmade and other remixes as examples)
  1. Sweden (set this video to 1.25x speed)

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I'd like some themes from Super Scope 6 to be in Smash, such as this:

But of course, there's also more like:

(original)

(remix)

(remix)

(remix)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Any kind of recurring Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest themes that are not in Smash yet?
Tons? Especially considering Smash has no non-FF7 music.

When it comes to FF the main recurring themes are:
Main Theme(FF1)
Prelude
Chocobo Theme
Battle on the Big Bridge

When it comes to FF the main recurring themes are:
Anything from the Builders OST

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Well this brings up another question.

Do we expect Advance Wars to do well? Do we expect it to become an active franchise again?
I think that it will do well enough given the circumstances. Being a first party Nintendo game that has April to itself is a nice boon to have.
well you know how some people some people say there’s too many versions of certain songs in smash’s music selection? it’s like that
Yes. So many versions of Battle on the Big Bridge are in smash. Please do tell.

Oh wait. There are none. Maybe it’s a good idea to put one of the more iconic FF songs (especially given how often it is revisited) into Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On the off chance that we get Nier Automata content in Smash, there's one song that I NEED:

Also, with Sugiyama no longer involved with Dragon Quest, maybe we could get some form of the main theme as stage music (though maybe it was seen as unfitting?):

While I'm on a Square-Enix kick, Final Fantasy music beyond FF7 would be nice, though I'm mainly familiar with FF6.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
You know, I wonder why there's no Crystalis content in Smash Ultimate, despite being an SNK game made exclusively for the NES. With the Gameboy version even being made by Nintendo. Strange there were no themes from that game came with Terry.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know, I wonder why there's no Crystalis content in Smash Ultimate, despite being an SNK game made exclusively for the NES. With the Gameboy version even being made by Nintendo. Strange there were no themes from that game came with Terry.
For me it's the lack of any song from Garou. I know Spread the Wings suffers from legal issues over how close it is to Robert Miles' "Children", but...as far as I know, nothing else from its OST is lawsuit material.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think that it will do well enough given the circumstances. Being a first party Nintendo game that has April to itself is a nice boon to have.

Yes. So many versions of Battle on the Big Bridge are in smash. Please do tell.

Oh wait. There are none. Maybe it’s a good idea to put one of the more iconic FF songs (especially given how often it is revisited) into Smash.
do you ever read the whole conversation? I was talking about there being to many in the latest theatrhytm and comparing it to when people say there’s too many versions of jungle japes or mute city in smash

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well this brings up another question.

Do we expect Advance Wars to do well? Do we expect it to become an active franchise again?
I hope it does, but I can't imagine it'll do that well - optimistically, it'll top out at 1.5 mil.

I think the Metroid Prime Remaster being at $40 is going to make Nintendo's other remasters and remakes being a full $60 hard(er) to swallow. When rumors were saying we would be getting an Explorers of Sky remake, I remember my first thought was " I hope it's not full price". Not for me, I'm a **** for PMD and would buy it for $160, but for other people. Even I acknowledge that $60 for a remake of a DS game in a niche genre is a hard sell, if it's cheaper I think it could reach greater heights.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Crystalis isn't really a big deal amongst all the SNK IP out there, is it? Like, Fatal Fury, KOF, Art of Fighting and SamSho are the big huge fighting game properties, and Metal Slug, Psycho Soldier/Athena, Ikari Warriors and ASO/Alpha Mission are all classic non-fighting IP that are treated with reverence by the company still. Maybe Crystalis actually does have some hidden huge amount of popularity/relevance/importance/reverence/whathaveyou that I'm not aware of, but from what I've seen it's mostly popular with NES boomers and the like. Feels weird to be singling that out as the big SNK omission

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
please no more battle on the big bridge.

do you ever read the whole conversation? I was talking about there being to many in the latest theatrhytm and comparing it to when people say there’s too many versions of jungle japes or mute city in smash
Except the forum is talking about Smash. "There's too much Big Bridge in Theatrythm" has no bearing on the fact that there's no Big Bridge in Smash. Sorry you got burned out on a song in a different game, but that means nothing for Smash.

You know, I wonder why there's no Crystalis content in Smash Ultimate, despite being an SNK game made exclusively for the NES.
I mean, it's pretty obvious why. It's a mostly forgotten game by today's standards that never spawned a series.

I would certainly love to see it get a Spirit, or a Simea mii costume or something though.

Because reasons...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Going back to my idea of putting Megaman.EXE in smash it would be neat if they incorporated the emotion window into his picture in the bottom of the screen where it shows the players health.

For those that never played the emotion window is a thing in theBattle network gams that reflect Megaman's current state in battle, and provides different effects depending on what his emotion is in that specific moment.

His basic expression is just him fighting normally

Full synchro expression which triggers when he performs a counter deals double damage for his next attack

Anger is an emotion that triggers when he's really low on health and keeps getting hit, where all his attacks do double damage until you can heal him (So kinda like Terry's gimmick)

Anxious which is an emtion that triggers when he gets hit repeatedly over a short span of time, where his attacks get weak until you can avoid getting hit for a bit.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Except the forum is talking about Smash. "There's too much Big Bridge in Theatrythm" has no bearing on the fact that there's no Big Bridge in Smash. Sorry you got burned out on a song in a different game, but that means nothing for Smash.
that was my reason for not wanting it in smash. again read the whole conversation

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sucumbio Sucumbio Sorry, but I had to do this moveset after you mentioned the game. Here it is, by the way.

The Marble

Coming from the game, Marble Madness, The Marble joins the battle. It is a near heavy character that is nonetheless faster than you might thinkIt mainly attacks like how Sonic attacked in his ball form in specifically Smash Bros. Brawl, especially the Smash attacks he had in that game that used the ball form. The marble spins fast, circles, does short hops before charging at opponents, loops, does "side cartwheels" and other acrobatics, all without needing limbs. Its special moves are...

B: Spin Roll: The Marble charges up by spinning, and with enough energy charged, it rolls off to attack an opponent.

B Side: Marble Hill: A hill pops up, causing the Marble to gain speed quickly and ram opponents with.

B Up: Bounce Spin: The Marble bounces upward while doing three spins, creating a small vortex that pulls in opponents.

B Down: Ground Smash: The Marble hops and smashes the ground, causing shockwaves that get bigger with each bounce.

Final Smash: Marble Rush: The Marble charges at a character. If it hits, a cutscene happens where the characters are on one of the Marble Tracks in the game, only to be run over by a bunch of marbles coming by, building up damage over time. The Marble itself finishes off the Final Smash while big in size, slamming into opponents and sending them flying.

Pretty wacky, huh?

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Sucumbio Sucumbio Sorry, but I had to do this moveset after you mentioned the game. Here it is, by the way.

The Marble

Coming from the game, Marble Madness, The Marble joins the battle. It is a near heavy character that is nonetheless faster than you might think, and it uses power ups from Marble Blast Gold. It mainly attacks like how Sonic attacked in his ball form in specifically Smash Bros. Brawl, especially the Smash attacks he had in that game that used the ball form. The marble spins fast, circles, does short hops before charging at opponents, loops, does "side cartwheels" and other acrobatics, all without needing limbs. Its special moves are...

B: Spin Roll: The Marble charges up by spinning, and with enough energy charged, it rolls off to attack an opponent.

B Side: Super Speed/Super Bounce: Like Sora's B Move, this alternates from one to the other. When using Super Speed, the Marble's speed increases, or of Super Bounce is used, the Marble's jump increases, both for a short time. The move cannot be initiated when one of these two powerups are in action.

B Up: Gyrocopter: The Marble uses a Gyrocopter that lifts it upward and damages enemies that touch it.

B Down: Mega Marble: The Marble Grows in size for a short time, becoming more powerful. While it does have a cooldown, it can be used again during cooldown time, though the size is smaller depending on when the cooldown is at before finishing.

Final Smash: Marble Rush: The Marble charges at a character. If it hits, a cutscene happens where the characters are on one of the Marble Tracks in the game, only to be run over by a bunch of marbles coming by, building up damage over time. The Marble itself finishes off the Final Smash while big in size, slamming into opponents and sending them flying.

Pretty wacky, huh?
Not bad! Imagine a grand final with Marble vs Tetris Block haha

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If the companies involved in Smash were easier to work with i could see Gilgamesh being a funny boss to see in smash, since he goes around stealing swords, he could have a boss battle where we see him holding things like the Z saber or Shovel knight's shovel

Top Bottom