• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Why am I not surprised that some people still are talking about cuts for the third time this week already? Can we literally go one day without it?

How about we discuss something actually interesting, like music. What are some tracks you think are sadly missing from Ultimate? What songs would you like in the next Smash?

Here are a few of mine.
Like others have said, there's just way too much music that I want to name them all. So I'm just going to focus on Pokémon music since this is one of the Nintendo franchise I'm more familiar with and at the same time I feel like this is one of the franchise that the representation is more lacking.
-From Pokémon red and blue (and their remake): Pallet town, Cycling
-From Pokémon gold and silver (and their remake): Battle team rocket, Battle Ho-Oh, Battle Lugia, Goldenrod city, Route 47
-From Pokémon ruby and sapphire (and their remake): Battle rival, Battle team aqua and magma leader, Battle Wally, Route 101, Ending theme
-From Pokémon emerald: Battle Deoxys
-From Pokémon diamond and pearl: Battle team galactic boss, Battle lake trio, Battle Giratina, Route 201, Ending
-From Pokémon black and white: Battle elite four, N final battle
-From Pokémon black 2 and white 2: World tournament, Battle neo team plasma
-From Pokémon X and Y: Battle team boss Lysandre
-From Pokémon sun and moon: Battle Guzma
-From Pokémon ultra sun and ultra moon: Battle Ultra necrozma
-From Pokémon sword and shield: Battle chairman Rose, Gym leader battle, Battle wild encounter, Battle Marnie, Battle Bede, Gym leader Piers battle
-From Pokémon legend Arceus: Battle Giratina, Battle origin Palkia and Dialga

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Why am I not surprised that some people still are talking about cuts for the third time this week already? Can we literally go one day without it?

How about we discuss something actually interesting, like music. What are some tracks you think are sadly missing from Ultimate? What songs would you like in the next Smash?
I would like these songs in a future Smash game.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Here are a few of mine.
For your first question... no, no we can't.

As for music, I've been going back to Kirby and the Forgotten Land's OST, so I'll say that.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
For your first question... no, no we can't.

As for music, I've been going back to Kirby and the Forgotten Land's OST, so I'll say that.
1679416089282.png

I think this sums up your first line pretty well lol.

Forgotten Land and Scarlet and Violet have some real bangers, I can't wait to see what they choose to remix from those games. I'd kill for an Area Zero/Paradox pokemon battle theme remix from the latter and a main theme remix from the former.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 369672
I think this sums up your first line pretty well lol.

Forgotten Land and Scarlet and Violet have some real bangers, I can't wait to see what they choose to remix from those games. I'd kill for an Area Zero/Paradox pokemon battle theme remix from the latter and a main theme remix from the former.
Not gonna lie dude, your initial post on it and this one are far more hostile than anyone else who's actually discussing cuts (the whole "why don't we talk about something MEANINGFUL" [paraphrased] thing). If the topic of cuts is common that means people want to talk about it, and there's nothing wrong with that.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I personally just want some music from Xenoblade Chronicles X, feels like that game got the short end tbh

I know the music isn’t owned by Nintendo but I would love to see them attempt to get the music
I need Uncontrollable in Smash. It would fit so well, just hook it up to my veins. Most of the X soundtrack is a bop and a half, but that one is literally perfect for Smash. It is a shame X is being treated as the black sheep of the series, especially when it comes to Smash content. No AT, limited spirits, no music, it is kind of sad that base game Xenoblade 2 had better Smash representation by a mile than X did.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I personally just want some music from Xenoblade Chronicles X, feels like that game got the short end tbh

I know the music isn’t owned by Nintendo but I would love to see them attempt to get the music
At the very least, I remember the theme of Mira, all the way back in the January 2015 Nintendo Direct.

…Funnily enough, the same Direct where Fates was revealed and the music was “Lost in Thoughts All Alone”. Which is the only Fates music in Smash.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I'll talk about new music later, but I'm really disappointed that we're still stuck with the Smash 4 Famicom medley. The Brawl version was sooooooo much more interesting and eclectic, and with the way Ultimate brought back a lot of the cool misc. stuff 4 had cut, I was hoping we'd see the og come back. There is not a single song on the new one that isn't in Smash already, and all of them come from games represented by characters already
I guess I'm probably one of the few that likes the Smash 4 Famicom Medley better. But I gotta admit, I don't know why we couldn't have both and probably another one. I'm all for some NES/Famicom retro.

What I would also like is some Castlevania Retro Medley, like with Mega Man. I'm kind of disappointed that it didn't have that.

Heck, I wouldn't mind if Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest each had a least one by now.

Something to showcase where a lot of games (both Nintendo and third-party) got their start in some ways. Throwing in some more NES/Famicom retro music would be a great way to show that and a little nostalgic charm.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Musical Wishlist!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Funnily enough, the same Direct where Fates was revealed and the music was “Lost in Thoughts All Alone”. Which is the only Fates music in Smash.
I really dislike how Fates got the short end in music. It has a great soundtrack and it makes me sad Fates only got multiple variations of it's signature song.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
So many songs, and i haven't seen any 4th Party music except for mine's.
(Like a movie soundtrack or whatever)
Sorry, i need to say it and now i look like a dork (like always) 🤓

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
(Like a movie soundtrack or whatever)
Sorry, i need to say it and now i look like a dork (like always) 🤓
Unfortunately, there's just no precedent for including anything from non video games in Smash, the definitive albeit incomplete celebration of gaming, it's icons and history.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Unfortunately, there's just no precedent for including anything from non video games in Smash, the definitive albeit incomplete celebration of gaming, it's icons and history.
Dang, if Square Enix gave permission to use selected songs from Advent Children, why Nintendo doesn't add Do the Mario or the intro of Kirby Right Back at Ya?
Ai No Uta came from a Pikmin 2 commercial and it was on Brawl, so tha'ts a teeny weeny prescedent.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If we ever get another Megaman rep i want it to be from the RPG side of the Megaman universe.

So Megaman.EXE or Star force Megaman.

And for this song to be in there:

If Advent children could get it's OST in there this should be fair game. A Game remix of Megaman.EXE's anime theme.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I guess I can throw you a couple bones.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For real though i feel the Megaman RPG's are different enough from the Megaman Platformers that having Megaman.EXE as a second Megaman rep would be cool.

He could use the miriad of Battlechips at his disposal as special moves, So moveset wise he is different from classic Megaman.

He could use his beast out form as a final smash

The Wily castle themes from Battle network are absolute bangers that dont get talked about enough.

Roll.EXE would a perfect assist trophy, she's a summon in the games that everyone who's played said games uses in every boss battle since she steals opponents health and gives it to you.

Ivander

Smash Legend
He could use his beast out form as a final smash

Roll.EXE would a perfect assist trophy, she's a summon in the games that everyone who's played said games uses in every boss battle since she steals opponents health and gives it to you.
I think if Megaman.EXE gets a Final Smash, it'll probably be Hub Style/Full Synchro. While I know Beast Out would probably look cooler, Synchro and Full Synchro are a big part throughout the whole series, starting as a story thing for the first 3 games and becoming a full fledged mechanic in 4-6 and Hub Style has some sort of form between games, whether it'd be a Style Change, Program, Chip or even story element.

Also Roll.EXE doesn't steal HP. She just damages the foe and then heals you. While it sounds like life-stealing, she only heals a set amount of HP when she heals you, regardless of how much damage she did and she will heal you regardless of whether she actually did damage or not. Basically, as an Assist Trophy, she would start with attacking foes nearby than before she disappears, she'll heal you a set amount, regardless of whether she actually hit the opponent or not.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Full Synchro fels more like it would be his main gimmick rather than a final smash though i'm not sure how it would be implemented.

Counter your opponent at just the right time, then your next attack does double damage.

I also imagine Lan playing a similar role to Rex with Pyra.
Where Megaman.EXE does taunts and Lan shows up, though instead of a full 3D model it's just an animation behind a screen cheering Megaman on.
Even showing up in his victory animations saying things like "Enemy deleted!" Like the little message that plays when you beat nemies in Battle network.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man, I hope this game does well...

Well this brings up another question.

Do we expect Advance Wars to do well? Do we expect it to become an active franchise again?

SPEN18

Smash Champion

Do we expect Advance Wars to do well? Do we expect it to become an active franchise again?
I hope they take into account the massive delays it withstood when evaluating its performance. I also hope this was a test drive for a brand new game to potentially come after if the remake does well.

The delays are likely to have a negative impact on the sales, but the Switch install base is likely to have a counterbalancing positive effect. So at this point I expect the sales to be at least on par with the rest of the franchise, between .5mil and 1mil. Hopefully that is enough for another go at a brand new AW game. If the series can make the 1mil+ seller list, then I think that would be a great outcome given everything that's gone down.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Nous ne pouvons qu'attendre et espérer.

Good luck Advance Wars fans. You have a big job ahead of you.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm curious, why did you pick Legion and Dragaux instead of Akira and Ring fit adventurer? Dragaux would be pretty cool tho not gonna lie but I feel like Ring fit adventurer could do much more with the ring acting like a weapon.
Dragaux I just prefer as a choice since I find the adventurer a bit redundant with Wii Fit Trainer

Legion just pretend it’s Howard it was literally just a case of my friend giving the wrong icon

Top Bottom