• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some characters are huge but could be feasibly shrunken down to a normal size like Medusa. I’d love to see Noah and Mio’s Ouroboros fusion form as a playable character but it would have to be shrunken down to the same degree as Ridley and Bowser. Andross from StarFox might be a tricky one to shrink down.
I understand about Andross. I did make movesets for him, one in a humanoid form and one in a kinda shrunken head form with hands.

Doshin the Giant
I think Doshin could be playable and shrunk down. Just have his stage be where everything else is smaller than himself and the other playable characters. I would think the villagers in his potential stage would be usable as items or weapons against other characters.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I want the Black Panther (no the superhero of Marvel), the cybernetic black panther from Konami's arcade game Black Panther in the future game of Super Smash Bros. series. Black Panther's purpose is to save the Earth from enemies by clawing, jumping and shooting. When the panther's health reaches 100, spinning orbs surround him with which he targets enemies.
1675102696054.png

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of large characters like Doshin, I don't think scaling down size would necessarily work for the main characters of this series I am about to bring up, but for Rampage: World Tour from Warner Brothers, initially from Midway, I can see a stage be done in one of the cities. Not only would destroying buildings while trying to knock characters off the stage would be fun, but everything else in such a stage would be smaller than the characters, and I think it would be crazy, if out of character for some fighters, to see the playable characters eat little people for health.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I want the Black Panther (No the superhero of Marvel), the cybernetic black panther from Konami's arcade game Black Panther. Panther's purpose is to save the Earth from enemies by clawing, jumping and shooting. When the panther's health reaches 100, spinning orbs surround him with which he targets enemies.
View attachment 367329
I’m not familiar with the game but I’d gladly take it since it seems like a really unique Smash character. Does the character in game look like the box art? I’d love to see more quadrupedal fighters, especially if it’s a bit less cartoony than what we have. At the very least, I imagine it could be a great base for a bunch of mods that don’t really work with the characters we have now.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I want the Black Panther (no the superhero of Marvel), the cybernetic black panther from Konami's arcade game Black Panther in the future game of Super Smash Bros. series. Black Panther's purpose is to save the Earth from enemies by clawing, jumping and shooting. When the panther's health reaches 100, spinning orbs surround him with which he targets enemies.
View attachment 367329
gonna have to add that to my list of things to google

Stratos

Smash Ace
I’m not familiar with the game but I’d gladly take it since it seems like a really unique Smash character. Does the character in game look like the box art? I’d love to see more quadrupedal fighters, especially if it’s a bit less cartoony than what we have. At the very least, I imagine it could be a great base for a bunch of mods that don’t really work with the characters we have now.
Yes, it is indeed like the Black Panther character in the box art.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dear God... This might as well be nearly EVERY character I've ever wanted for Smash. I'll admit, a good deal of these aren't exactly WEIRD for Smash, but I'm certainly not holding my breath on seeing them be playable anytime soon.

Lark (or any Pilotwings character for that matter)
A Wave Race character (preferably Ryota Hayami)
A 1080° character (preferably Akari Hayami or Ricky Winterborn)
A Nintendo LABO character
Sakura Samurai
Trax
Monita
A Rhythm Heaven character (preferably Yuka)
Dr. Lobe
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Vince
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Icarus (Glory of Heracles)
Frey and Freya
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Mizuki Robbins
Raymond Bryce
A Nintendo Wars character (preferably Andy)
Qbby
Eddy (Fluidity)
Sukapon
Nikki (I guess she's technically in via Miis, but still)
Wonder-Red
A Magical Vacation/Starsign character
Zael
Aeron
Tamagon
Barbara the Bat
Mallo
Prince Sable
A Baiten Kaitos character
An Odama character
A Fossil Fighters character
A Kurikin character
Dillon
Mach Rider
F-Type
Kageshina Kurabe
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Bubbles
Ayumi Tachibana
DeMille
Kururin
Chibi-Robo
Hakkun
The Marvelous trio (Dion, Max, and Jack)
Sheriff
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Mike Jones
Michael Anderson
Fighter Hayabusa
A sports character (the Volleyball Girl, the Ice Hockey team, etc.)
Ouendan and/or Elite Beat Agents (w/ their female counterparts)
Mr. Stevenson
Takamaru
Isaac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Alexandra Roivas
Jonathan Raimi
Jasmine Callsign (from Jet Impulse)
Hiro and/or Satoru (from Card Hero)
Sato Amatsubo (from Project H.A.C.K.E.R.)
Captain Rainbow
Goku and Chao
Donbe and Hikari
Lip
Saki Amamiya
A Style Savvy character
A Hanafuda character
Mini-Kangaroo (w/ various Nintendo toys from back in the day)
Ando Kensaku
Arcade Bunny
Grace and Savannah (from Tokyo Crash Mobs)
A Pop-Up Pursuit character
Orville (Takt of Magic)
A Cubivore character
Doshin/Jashin
Cupid
Aisya
Diskun
Jill
Tempo
Welt
Warrior Mech Gauss

and MANY more...

You know, I actually made a Wave Race for Smash support thread (it was bundled with 1080°, given the two series share a universe).
There are lots of great characters here I'd love to see: Kyle Hyde, Starfy, Takamaru, Muddy Mole, Mach Rider, Arcade Bunny, Hakkun, Eddy, Dillon...

But one in particular that stood out was the Marvelous trio, Jack, Max, and Dion. They were always interesting to me because I definitely think that if it weren't for their complete lack of western presence, they'd be among the more requested retro characters for Smash for their legacy alone.

For those who don't know, Marvelous was actually the directorial debut of Eiji Aonuma. He wanted more than anything to work on Zelda titles, so he made Marvelous a very similar game to Zelda, particularly A Link to the Past, both as a love letter as well as a way to prove he could handle this style of game. His work on Marvelous is what then got him onto the Zelda team, and the rest is history.

So this rather obscure (in the west) title is rather instrumental in the history of one of Nintendo's flagship franchises.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I finally beat Xenoblade 3 last night and I really loved it. I put about 120 hours in and there’s still a ton of side quests left to do and a few heroes I haven’t found yet. I’d be happy to see any of the characters in Smash since I enjoyed the whole cast.

On that subject, do you think Xenoblade will ever get a playable villain in Smash? I thought Z was cool but it’s hard to imagine him being chosen over Noah and/or Mio. Maybe if we get two reps but that seems doubtful.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
For those who don't know, Marvelous was actually the directorial debut of Eiji Aonuma. He wanted more than anything to work on Zelda titles, so he made Marvelous a very similar game to Zelda, particularly A Link to the Past, both as a love letter as well as a way to prove he could handle this style of game. His work on Marvelous is what then got him onto the Zelda team, and the rest is history.
I thought you were talking about the company behind Story of Seasons and Senran Kagura.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I finally beat Xenoblade 3 last night and I really loved it. I put about 120 hours in and there’s still a ton of side quests left to do and a few heroes I haven’t found yet. I’d be happy to see any of the characters in Smash since I enjoyed the whole cast.

On that subject, do you think Xenoblade will ever get a playable villain in Smash? I thought Z was cool but it’s hard to imagine him being chosen over Noah and/or Mio. Maybe if we get two reps but that seems doubtful.
As long as the main characters don't have anything specific preventing them from being playable, I don't think so.

It's quite telling that among all the JRPG characters we have, there's only a single villain and that's freaking Sephiroth. Given their large selection of playable characters, it's hard to imagine a bad guy getting prioritized over any of the main party characters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There are lots of great characters here I'd love to see: Kyle Hyde, Starfy, Takamaru, Muddy Mole, Mach Rider, Arcade Bunny, Hakkun, Eddy, Dillon...

But one in particular that stood out was the Marvelous trio, Jack, Max, and Dion. They were always interesting to me because I definitely think that if it weren't for their complete lack of western presence, they'd be among the more requested retro characters for Smash for their legacy alone.

So this rather obscure (in the west) title is rather instrumental in the history of one of Nintendo's flagship franchises.
I wonder if Grezzo would be willing to do a remake of it, given they did Link's Awakening...

Honestly, the most I can see is N and M as Echoes of Noah and Mio, but even then I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate (still only on chapter 5).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
As long as the main characters don't have anything specific preventing them from being playable, I don't think so.

It's quite telling that among all the JRPG characters we have, there's only a single villain and that's freaking Sephiroth. Given their large selection of playable characters, it's hard to imagine a bad guy getting prioritized over any of the main party characters.
I would love to see more villains in Smash in general. Normally, I don’t really care for the fact that the roster spot defaults to the newest protagonist in each game but I did enjoy both Noah and Mio. Game play wise, I don’t personally think Noah would be terribly interesting or add much if he was included by himself but Mio (either solo or as a tag) or their fusion form could be a lot of fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would love to see more villains in Smash in general. Normally, I don’t really care for the fact that the roster spot defaults to the newest protagonist in each game but I did enjoy both Noah and Mio. Game play wise, I don’t personally think Noah would be terribly interesting or add much if he was included by himself but Mio (either solo or as a tag) or their fusion form could be a lot of fun.
I guess it's the opposite for me. I can see why villains are occasionally interesting but Smash fandom's laser focus on them always felt a bit weird. I don't think there's anything inherently more appealing in them so I just make my decisions for them individually for each game. And usually, I prefer the characters I spend more time with - hence protagonists.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I guess it's the opposite for me. I can see why villains are occasionally interesting but Smash fandom's laser focus on them always felt a bit weird. I don't think there's anything inherently more appealing in them so I just make my decisions for them individually for each game. And usually, I prefer the characters I spend more time with - hence protagonists.
I definitely see where you’re coming from on that one. A well written protagonist can definitely be easier to relate to than a villain. It’s mostly the silent protagonists I have a hard time getting excited for. I do think that villains, as a rule, tend to have a cooler design and often more interesting attacks than many protagonists. I also love setting up heroes vs villains matchups in Smash. I just always found something fun about that. Crossovers are more fun to me when the heroes have someone to fight.

That being said, while I do really like Z’s design, I definitely connected more with Noah and Mio. I feel like Xenoblade in general kind of struggles with making its villains as interesting as some other games. Most of the designs of the giant Moebius bosses looked awesome though. I suppose it all depends whether you put more value in aesthetics or being able to connect with the character as far as Smash reps go. I’m not sure exactly where I land on that. A very compelling and well written villain with an awesome design is probably my preference though.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
120 hours seems to be the average for completing it . keep an eye out for one or two things i wont spoil

Gengar84

Smash Hero
120 hours seems to be the average for completing it . keep an eye out for one or two things i wont spoil
Xenoblade 3 spoilers:
After I beat the story, I looked up and read you can recruit Nia and Melia as heroes but nothing more than that. I’m pretty excited for that since Nia is probably my favorite character in the series. This might help her chances in Smash too.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Xenoblade 3 spoilers:
After I beat the story, I looked up and read you can recruit Nia and Melia as heroes but nothing more than that. I’m pretty excited for that since Nia is probably my favorite character in the series. This might help her chances in Smash too.
well that’s exactly what I was referring to. Have fun

Gengar84

Smash Hero
well that’s exactly what I was referring to. Have fun
Xenoblade 3 spoilers:
I feel like I didn’t use the Heroes to their fullest potential. I basically just stuck to my favorite (Ashera) the whole game and barely used anyone else. It will be nice to switch it up for a change but I feel I just found a new character to stick with the rest of my playtime lol.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Xenoblade 3 spoilers:
I feel like I didn’t use the Heroes to their fullest potential. I basically just stuck to my favorite (Ashera) the whole game and barely used anyone else. It will be nice to switch it up for a change but I feel I just found a new character to stick with the rest of my playtime lol.
I stuck with riku and manana seeing as they were there for the whole story. But you should do both stories for all of them as they’re not bad little tales

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What would you all think would be some weird/the weirdest choices for characters in the next Smash Bros. game?
My serious answers to this:
Rygar [Rygar]
Kuros [Wizards & Warriors]
Bernard [Maniac Mansion]

I just thought of another question: What characters do you guys think could not make it in due to having a large size or not the right shape, like how Ridley was once considered before Ultimate? I would go with Kraid from Metroid, due to his, well, largeness.
Fortunately, any character that falls into that category can still be well-represented as a Boss.

Give me Mother Brain, Andross, Metal Gear REX, Wily Machine, Death Egg Robot...

Hell, if we didn't already have Marx, I'd be asking for Wispy Woods.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Who are your Third-Party picks
To save time, I'd love to see SEGA, Capcom, and Namco's older picks.

In fact, these tweets contain the majority of SEGA and Namco characters I'd love to see.

In regards to Capcom (who doesn't seem to have a thing like this), I'd like to see...
Chun-Li
Jin Saotome
Batsu Ichimonji
Akira Kazama
Sakura Kasugano
Captain Commando
Strider Hiryu
SonSon III
Princess Devilotte
Saki Omokane
Lou (Three Wonders)
Sir Arthur
Michelle Heart
Ryu and Nina
Pure and Fur
The Unknown Soldiers
Frank West
Monster Hunter
Morrigan Aensland
Jill and/or Chris
Cody or Haggar
Edward Falcon

Once again, there's even MORE third-parties I'd like to see (between all 3 companies), but these folks all come to mind first.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
To save time, I'd love to see SEGA, Capcom, and Namco's older picks.

In fact, these tweets contain the majority of SEGA and Namco characters I'd love to see.

In regards to Capcom (who doesn't seem to have a thing like this), I'd like to see...
Chun-Li
Jin Saotome
Batsu Ichimonji
Akira Kazama
Sakura Kasugano
Captain Commando
Strider Hiryu
SonSon III
Princess Devilotte
Saki Omokane
Lou (Three Wonders)
Sir Arthur
Michelle Heart
Ryu and Nina
Pure and Fur
The Unknown Soldiers
Frank West
Monster Hunter
Morrigan Aensland
Jill and/or Chris
Cody or Haggar
Edward Falcon

Once again, there's even MORE third-parties I'd like to see (between all 3 companies), but these folks all come to mind first.

Speaking of Namco x Capcom x SEGA crossovers...anybody here remember Project X Zone?

Not entirely related, but what characters would you have liked to see in the first two games? For me:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Speaking of Namco x Capcom x SEGA crossovers...anybody here remember Project X Zone?

Not entirely related, but what characters would you have liked to see in the first two games? For me:
I will never forgive them for dropping Klonoa...

osby

Smash Obsessed
There are some obscure picks here. These are the ones I managed to identify:

First Row: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Opa-Opa, Alex Kidd, Princess Kurumi, Space Harrier, Alis Landale, and Odin?
Second Row: Nei, Joe Musashi, Ax Battler, Tyris Flare, Death Adder, ???, Battle Golfer Yui, Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding, Rent-a-Hero, I think Ken from Shining Force?, Arle Nadja
Third Row: Red & Blue, Asha, Dynamite Headdy, ???, Akira Yuki, Sir Pepper, Janet, ???, NİGHTS, Sakura Shinguji
Fourth Row: Honey, Bruno Delinger, Red Eye, Ulala, Ryo Hazuki, ???, Beat, Erica Fontaine

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

First Row: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Opa-Opa, Alex Kidd, Princess Kurumi, Space Harrier, Alis Landale, and Odin?
Second Row: Nei, Joe Musashi, Ax Battler, Tyris Flare, Death Adder, ???, Battle Golfer Yui, Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding, Rent-a-Hero, I think Ken from Shining Force?, Arle Nadja
Third Row: Red & Blue, Asha, Dynamite Headdy, ???, Akira Yuki, Sir Pepper, Janet, ???, NİGHTS, Sakura Shinguji
Fourth Row: Honey, Bruno Delinger, Red Eye, Ulala, Ryo Hazuki, ???, Beat, Erica Fontaine
The particular character you mentioned, who does look slightly like Ken, is Rairu A.K.A. Lyle, but doesn't appear to have any relations to the Shining Force character(at least the old Genesis games).

Might be Nigel/Lyle from the Landstalker games, though.

Ivander

Smash Legend

The particular character you mentioned, who does look slightly like Ken, is Rairu A.K.A. Lyle, but doesn't appear to have any relations to the Shining Force character(at least the old Genesis games).

Might be Nigel/Lyle from the Landstalker games, though.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Nigel from Landstalker.

The one thought to be Odin is actually the Centurion from Altered Beast. The character between Akira and Headdy is Epsilon Eagle from Alien Soldier, another Genesis game by Treasure. The character between Janet and NiGHTS is a character named Nicole, one of the main characters from the Treasure game "Guardian Heroes", mostly unrelated to Gunstar Heroes aside from the appearance of Gunstar's final boss Golden Silver. Mostly would've preferred Serena or the Undead Hero over Nicole, but Guardian Heroes representation is nice.

Aside from the character on the bottom between Beat and Ryo, who I think may be a Dreamcast character, it was a frickin' workout trying to find the one between Adder and Yui, because I was not finding the game when using the direct Google translate on the post about them. Only clues I had was that the character was named "Elise", the game was called "Auriel" and it was a Game Gear title, which makes it rather clear why I had not heard about them since I hardly know about Game Gear.
I tried looking for the game first on Wikipedia, but it gave me no title known as "Auriel" and eventually tried to search in the search engine using the direct Japanese language and it lead to the Game Gear Micro site where it was one of the games available where the only clue I got was that it was called in English text, "Royal Stone". So I looked up the name and found both the game and the name it was given in English.

The game was called Crystal Warriors in English while the Japanese game was called Ariel: Crystal Densetsu. The character between Adder and Yui is known as Princess Iris, the main character of Crystal Warriors.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
So, I just had this thought, and a question:

What would you all think would be some weird/the weirdest choices for characters in the next Smash Bros. game?
Day Dreamin' Davey
Juno (Jet Force Gemini)
Hal Bailman (Air Fortress)
Scott O' Connor (Kabuki: Quantum Fighter)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

"Odin" is the Centurion from Altered Beast, between Adder and Yui is Princess Iris from Crystal Warriors, the Shining Force-looking dude is Nigel from Landstalker, between Headdy and Akira is Epsilon Eagle from Alien Soldier, between Janet and NiGHTS is Nicole Neil from Guardian Heroes, and between Ryo and Beat is Neji from Roommania #203

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Capcom characters I want to see:
  1. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
  2. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
  3. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
  4. Viewtiful Joe [Viewtiful Joe]
  5. Amaterasu [Okami]
  6. Dante [Devil May Cry]
  7. Mike Haggar [Final Fight]
  8. Strider Hiryu [Strider]
  9. Nathan Spencer [Bionic Commando]
  10. Phoenix Wright [Ace Attorney]
  11. Zero [Mega Man X]
  12. M. Bison [Street Fighter]
  13. Firebrand [Gargoyle’s Quest]
  14. Wesker [Resident Evil]
  15. Vergil [Devil May Cry]
  16. Bass [Mega Man echo]
  17. Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine 8 [Mega Man boss]
  18. Asteroth [Ghosts ‘n Goblins boss]

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Dear God... This might as well be nearly EVERY character I've ever wanted for Smash. I'll admit, a good deal of these aren't exactly WEIRD for Smash, but I'm certainly not holding my breath on seeing them be playable anytime soon.

Lark (or any Pilotwings character for that matter)
A Wave Race character (preferably Ryota Hayami)
A 1080° character (preferably Akari Hayami or Ricky Winterborn)

A Nintendo LABO character
Sakura Samurai
Trax
Monita
A Rhythm Heaven character (preferably Yuka)
Dr. Lobe
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Vince
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Icarus (Glory of Heracles)
Frey and Freya
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Mizuki Robbins
Raymond Bryce
A Nintendo Wars character (preferably Andy)
Qbby
Eddy (Fluidity)
Sukapon
Nikki (I guess she's technically in via Miis, but still)
Wonder-Red
A Magical Vacation/Starsign character
Zael
Aeron
Tamagon
Barbara the Bat
Mallo
Prince Sable
A Baiten Kaitos character
An Odama character
A Fossil Fighters character
A Kurikin character
Dillon
Mach Rider
F-Type
Kageshina Kurabe
Excitebiker
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Bubbles
Ayumi Tachibana
DeMille
Kururin
Chibi-Robo
Hakkun
The Marvelous trio (Dion, Max, and Jack)
Sheriff
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Mike Jones
Michael Anderson
Fighter Hayabusa
A sports character (the Volleyball Girl, the Ice Hockey team, etc.)
Ouendan and/or Elite Beat Agents (w/ their female counterparts)
Mr. Stevenson
Takamaru
Isaac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Alexandra Roivas
Jonathan Raimi
Jasmine Callsign (from Jet Impulse)
Hiro and/or Satoru (from Card Hero)
Sato Amatsubo (from Project H.A.C.K.E.R.)
Captain Rainbow
Goku and Chao
Donbe and Hikari
Lip
Saki Amamiya
A Style Savvy character
A Hanafuda character
Mini-Kangaroo (w/ various Nintendo toys from back in the day)
Ando Kensaku
Arcade Bunny
Grace and Savannah (from Tokyo Crash Mobs)
A Pop-Up Pursuit character
Orville (Takt of Magic)
A Cubivore character
Doshin/Jashin
Cupid
Aisya
Diskun
Jill
Tempo
Welt
Warrior Mech Gauss

and MANY more...

You know, I actually made a Wave Race for Smash support thread (it was bundled with 1080°, given the two series share a universe).
I really miss the times when Nintendo made decent sports games in which I last played Wave Race: Blue Storm and 1080 Avalanche back during the GameCube era. But Wave Race 64 and 1080 Snowboarding on the Nintendo 64 are ones that were nostalgic back at the time,

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Nintendo makes tons of decent sports games. It just doesn't make "realistic" sports games anymore.

Either make Mario Shredders/Mario Waverunners, or add snowboarding and jet skiing to Nintendo Sports, Nintendo!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nintendo makes tons of decent sports games. It just doesn't make "realistic" sports games anymore.
I mean, both 1080 games had their share of non-realism, with the first game having hidden characters consisting of 2 characters made out of gold and ice respectively and a panda, and allowed you to ride on a penguin. 1080 Avalanche allowed you to play as a snowman, a moose, a skeleton pirate, a titanium man and a crystal girl while riding a Famicom controller snowboard. Avalanche was also very floaty compared to other snowboarding games where your characters felt like there was real weight to them.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Thing is that Nintendo doesn't chase hyper/photorealistic capabilities with its hardware to begin with these days; it's not just the sports games.

I think the best art direction for a Wave Race or 1080 sequel would be something kind of in the Xenoblade vein (if that's not too weird of a comparison); what I mean by that is not full-on cartoon like Mario but not trying to be realistic either. Not necessarily as "anime" as Xenoblade or FE but I could also legit see characters like Ryoma in an anime-like style and I'd be good with that actually.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Just remember when Nintendo cancelled Project H.A.M.M.E.R. because it won't appeal to the Japanese market. just like how SEGA refuse to publish MadWorld in the country (Spike Chunsoft did it nstead)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Just remember when Nintendo cancelled Project H.A.M.M.E.R. because it won't appeal to the Japanese market. just like how SEGA refuse to publish MadWorld in the country (Spike Chunsoft did it nstead)
and fun fact: insiders claimed it was Nintendofyed and renamed wii crush before cancelled

the 2021 gigaleak says it was to have mosu esc gameplay

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just remember when Nintendo cancelled Project H.A.M.M.E.R. because it won't appeal to the Japanese market.
Besides the communication between the English devs and Japanese devs, I kept hearing it was because the game did not feel fun to play, not so much because of the JP market. And looking at some of the videos for it, I can see it being possible. The game was trying to emulate a Dynasty Warriors feel to it, but watching the character hitting the enemies did not look satisfying.

Top Bottom