• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
So if the argument is knowledge of Scorpion, a game selling very poorly is of minimal benefit in that argument, especially when the character themselves is DLC, which only a fraction of the already install base buys.

For what it's worth, they didn't even localize MK vs DC, and that game was toned down to T.
Remember, that's just simply what you think.

First of all, Sakurai's words aren't the only way to observe how the roster takes shape. To disregard the commonalities between the third-parties on the roster, both in terms of what they share and what they lack, is being purposefully obtuse. Global appeal is a clear boon, with strong regionality a clear detriment. That's also one of the things that hurts Chief. And Slayer. And Rayman. Though they all at least have all their games release there.

Second, Sakurai has intimated exclusive characters are avoided by Smash. To cast that as a binary as "well, a release means they're not exclusive", while true, is disregarding why Smash avoids these characters. It's because they're not well known by a region. Showing up in bombs every two decades over there doesn't actually move the needle very much. Especially when there's competition that performs well all over.

It's basically a loophole that doesn't address the actual trait that hurts their chances. No, he's not exclusive. But he's very close to a character who would be, which is what the hindrance is.
You would have a point if the character we're talking about wasn't from Mortal Kombat, a highly well-known series recognized worldwide and highly important one to the video game industry itself. So your argument kind of falls flat when it's a series that important. It being a not released consistently in Japan can barely be considered a hindrance.

People who weren't exposed to those games, the marketing or the controversies that surround the series, probably.

Saying "Mortal Kombat must be known because it's Mortal Kombat" is kind of western-centric, isn't it? I'm sure people in Japan say "who doesn't know Doraemon?"... but outside Japan, a ****ton of people don't know Doraemon, and those games at least still get localized.

Knowing video games that are ultra-niche and mostly non-existent in your region, but are popular in another region is a very specified type of knowledge. We know it, because it's sort of pertinent to this discussion. But it's esoteric, and we're all well above average in terms of video game awareness.
Actually, it's not western-centric at all. I also know about Kimba the White Lion...and just to let you know, I haven't watched a single episode or movie of Kimba the White Lion to this day.

Don't worry. It's not just me on this.

Yeah but he didn't get in because he's a mascot, he got in because of demand on the Brawl poll, the same way Banjo got in due to demand on the ballot. Being a mascot is an incidental qualifier you're using to connect the dots, but it's not an actual factor here.

We don't always get the mascot first anyway. Jack Frost is Atlus' mascot, but we got Joker first.
But the point I'm making is that even though Banjo was highly demanded, Master Chief is their mascot. He's from the bigger series, so he could still very well have been added to the game and before Banjo, as there's no certain order for when highly demanded characters are added.

As for Jack Frost, well we have Sonic.

Like, give up on.

"Scorpion has fans in Japan"
"How many?"
"I don't know"
"Where'd you hear it?"
"Don't remember, somebody on the internet said it"
"Well ****, the series might as well be a blockbuster there!"

I'm sure Scorpion does have some fans in Japan, like unlocalized RPGs have fans here. But this is still anecdotal as hell, completely nonexistent on detail, and feeding right into your confirmation bias. The source is basically: trust me, bro
You have a bad habit of putting words in people's mouth. You need to chill out with that.

Also, funny hearing that come from you when you just not too long said:

"You think Injustice sold well in Japan? I don't. Let alone the DLC."

Such trustworthy source there...

As you can see, you weren't against me trusting you.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Too bad they canceled Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, but on the other hand I think maybe they did it because there are so many video game characters that it would take a long time to count them and see who to put in future Super Smash Bros. games.
and even longer to filter out the troll votes

Stratos

Smash Ace
Regarding Mortal Kombat, if someone were to come from there in future games of the Super Smash Bros series, it would definitely be Scorpion, because Scorpion, in addition to being the mascot of the series, is also the mascot of NetherRealm Studios, the company that owns it. I don't know how you see it, but as I wrote, if any character from Mortal Kombat was to come, it would definitely be Scorpion, and the proof for me is that it is also in the NetherRealm Studios logo:
1672956321181.png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You have a bad habit of putting words in people's mouth. You need to chill out with that.

Also, funny hearing that come from you when you just not too long said:

"You think Injustice sold well in Japan? I don't. Let alone the DLC."

Such trustworthy source there...

As you can see, you weren't against me trusting
Perhaps having actual sources would help with this argument.

I've seen a lot said without a single source, on both sides. Before this gets too heated, let's find some sources on Mortal Kombat and Injustice's Japanese popularity, sales and legal status.

I want to see valid proof the Japanese do care about Mortal Kombat, and I want to see proof of poor sales.

Show me the Car Fax!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Regarding Mortal Kombat, if someone were to come from there in future games of the Super Smash Bros series, it would definitely be Scorpion, because Scorpion, in addition to being the mascot of the series, is also the mascot of NetherRealm Studios, the company that owns it. I don't know how you see it, but as I wrote, if any character from Mortal Kombat was to come, it would definitely be Scorpion, and the proof for me is that it is also in the NetherRealm Studios logo:
View attachment 366075
We do know being the mascot doesn't guarantee it(as Min Min shows), but it definitely gives an advantage. That, and the only other one popular enough is Sub-Zero, with the rest either being notable or varies too much in popularity. It probably didn't help that Liu Kang got zombiefied, which removed a lot of what made him neat(though once he regained his humanity, it was a bit better. He's still undead, but isn't a mindless zombie following Dark Raiden's orders). And he was the original Mascot, even his Animality and a previous Fatality being the original Logo.

But yeah, the first character from a franchise is often the Mascot, or is one of the Protagonists(the main one isn't always the case), or can even be both(Link, Mario, for instance). Sometimes they're a Villain too. One I'd love to see with that in mind is Fulgore. He's a villain, the mascot, and one of the more major characters(though ironically he never took a main character slot. Those were Jago, B. Orchid, and whoever the current main boss is, which only was really Eyedol and Gargos, respectively). On the other hand, Soul Calibur has Nightmare, who has been one-half of the main character(still is one of the main characters either way), a variation of the original main villain, and always evil. And also the first villain to get a true super boss form(after being separated from his other form, anyway).

Tekken actually goes this way, as its main characters have been villains before, but also the mascots. One of the series that hits all 3 plausible marks(Main character, villain, mascot). I feel bad for Heihachi, though. I thought he'd be the first chosen too, but Kazuya is still awesome~

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So then what about Master Chief and his series having no appearances on Nintendo consoles?
Well, I think it's a different situation with similar results. With Halo, the games aren't banned, they're just not terribly popular with only 378k series x/s sales in Japan and even fewer units of Halo. Now if Halo got a switch port like Minecraft did, AND sold gangbusters like it did, I'd be more inclined to feel more positive towards Chief being a potential Smash character. Chief's iconic status does lend credence to a following, but everything else being equal, Doomguy seems to be even more important if we're checking boxes off for eligibility sake. Scorpion therefore is a somewhat false equivalence and the least likely of the three.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Well, I think it's a different situation with similar results. With Halo, the games aren't banned, they're just not terribly popular with only 378k series x/s sales in Japan and even fewer units of Halo. Now if Halo got a switch port like Minecraft did, AND sold gangbusters like it did, I'd be more inclined to feel more positive towards Chief being a potential Smash character. Chief's iconic status does lend credence to a following, but everything else being equal, Doomguy seems to be even more important if we're checking boxes off for eligibility sake. Scorpion therefore is a somewhat false equivalence and the least likely of the three.
This really isn't saying anything. You're just pointing out the difference in what could be hindrances for the two but this doesn't explain why most of the MK games not being released in Japan makes Scorpion less likely than Master Chief, a character that has no games released on Nintendo consoles at all.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This really isn't saying anything. You're just pointing out the difference in what could be hindrances for the two but this doesn't explain why most of the MK games not being released in Japan makes Scorpion less likely than Master Chief, a character that has no games released on Nintendo consoles at all.
Oh, that part honestly to me it's a matter of "lesser of two evils" but I'm the first to admit this is a personal opinion based on my gut feeling.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The criteria says something quite different. It never mentions once they need a game on the console. "Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform."

Even extending to Cloud, the same thing applies. "I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though."

Your argument requires a vastly different interpretation of what Sakurai said, and there's evidence to the contrary. So... no, there's no "game" thing, and Sakurai even debunked that in itself, making it clear their own game didn't matter. Just having an appearance was what he looked for.

Basically? You've been proven wrong about what you thought was the requirement. It's a completely understandable misconception as people really thought a game in the franchise has to appear, and maybe that is something Nintendo thinks too. But that's definitely not a Sakurai thing, as he directly told us. However, either way, we have a statement that it's not a requirement. The only time it would've even mattered is when Nintendo is directly choosing the characters, otherwise the bigger thing for them at best is if they can work together to get the licensing done. If they're not involved beyond that, it's not really a big deal for them to begin with. They only at one point had heavy involvement(Smash Ultimate's Fighter's Pass, and maybe Corrin, and a slight possibility on Bayonetta due to her weird history on how she was added having some strange evidence suggesting she was chosen way before the ballot, not just started work on before).

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I wanna share to all this graphic:

If we do fighting games as an analogy:
  • Grandfather: Ryu
  • Icon: Scorpion
  • Masterpiece: Guilty Gear?

And if we go to other genres, with platformers it becones a tricky mess.
1. Should Donkey Kong be the "Grandfather", even when Mario is the playable character. Just Because DK's name is the title of the game. If we count the Country games, then DK would be the "Masterpiece"?
2. Can Mario be both the "Grandfather" and the "Icon" at the same time. My guess is that both Mario and Sonic are both icons.
3. Pac-Land came out one year before the first Super Mario, is Pac-Man the "Grandfather" even if Land wasn't his first game?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

1. Should Donkey Kong be the "Grandfather", even when Mario is the playable character. Just Because DK's name is the title of the game. If we count the Country fmgames, then DK would be the "Masterpiece"?
2. Can Mario be both the "Grandfather" and the "Icon" at the same time. My guess is that both Mario and Sonic are both icons.
3. Pac-Land came out one year before the first Super Mario, is Pac-Man the "Grandfather" even if Land wasn't his first game?
well before the first game in the Mario franchise. the first super Mario game was 5 years later

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

1. Should Donkey Kong be the "Grandfather", even when Mario is the playable character. Just Because DK's name is the title of the game. If we count the Country fmgames, then DK would be the "Masterpiece"?
Things like this are so relative its hardly worth it.

While I'd personally agree Xenoblade and TF2 are masterpieces, people in the thread are calling those choices awful.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The problem with the categorization is that masterpiece is far more relative to definitions. Most can decide who the pioneers of a genre are, and typically agree with the most popular, but best executed? Hard to come to any sort of a consensus. Even if you were to just limit the idea of a platformer masterpiece to just 8/16 bit generations, you'd still get 5 different answers depending on who you talked to.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't really care for "genre reps" as a rostering or speculating paradigm. To me it makes more sense to focus on the individual franchises, games, and characters, not "JRPGs vs. platformers" wars or "we need more FPS reps" kinds of statements.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah I don't really care for "genre reps" as a rostering or speculating paradigm. To me it makes more sense to focus on the individual franchises, games, and characters, not "JRPGs vs. platformers" wars or "we need more FPS reps" kinds of statements.
Yeah. People need to stop treating Smash like its Congress.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like, I get it's possible to have a genre rep chosen. But we've had no examples of this. The closest we've had is someone chosen "because they wanted another character in said franchise" and "wanted another woman", in which both cases were Zero Suit Samus. You know, a rare thing.

It's not a good precedent as this generally does not help. We may sometimes get a rep because they want a franchise in(this is part of why Cloud was chosen, but he also was extremely popular among FF characters to begin with. Not even just the ballot, where it's clear he did well there too, unsurprisingly), but it's often the opposite way.

Whether they want a franchise or character, in general, they still have merits regardless of whether it's for a genre or otherwise. That's a big part of why said character is the character chosen~

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah. People need to stop treating Smash like its Congress.
I personally am a member of the “Anime Swordfighter Caucus” as well the “Character Gimmick Caucus” but I’m also on several committees such as “Elevate Western IP’s Committee” and “Equal Genre Representation Committee”. The roster should be equal parts genre representation with charqcters that utilize interesting mechanics that make them fun to play as while also sprinkling in western IPs along with the occasional anime Swordfighter to create a roster that is equally pleasing and satisfactory on both sides of the aisle. I’m willing to shake hands across the aisle with those who are the “Paleo-Smash Caucus” who wants Smash to return to how it was before 3rd party/mechanics got introduced but I still stick my tongue out at them as soon as they turn their back. The “Pure Nintendo Caucus” makes me sick though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I personally am a member of the “Anime Swordfighter Caucus” as well the “Character Gimmick Caucus” but I’m also on several committees such as “Elevate Western IP’s Committee” and “Equal Genre Representation Committee”.
Your signature really sells how funny this message is.

Kudos to the combination being perfect.

Did not expect to cause an all out debate over scorpion oopsa daisy
It's not your fault. You simply brought up a fun character, and he has controversy.

I mean, you didn't compare him to anyone either(false comparison or otherwise), so. No worries. :)

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Somehow this will all end up with Geno not getting in the next game, but somehow becoming the next Speaker of the House.

Smash in general falls victim to the natural pattern seeking our collective brains are so prone to. Not even just for prediction purposes either; there's a a certain satisfaction in making sense of Smash's selections if just to softly justify why certain characters that we individually might otherwise be apathetic or even annoyed with their inclusion.

The fact that fighters in up in SSB for a multitude of reasons (and ones often intersecting) is a tricky thing to fully comprehend at times, especially when one;s own biases can cause one to think, "why that character and not this one". Ideas about patterns and representations can be at times a way of dealing with it.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion

The criteria says something quite different. It never mentions once they need a game on the console. "Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform."

Even extending to Cloud, the same thing applies. "I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though."

Your argument requires a vastly different interpretation of what Sakurai said, and there's evidence to the contrary. So... no, there's no "game" thing, and Sakurai even debunked that in itself, making it clear their own game didn't matter. Just having an appearance was what he looked for.
Sakurai never literally says that they have their game on a Nintendo console but that particular subject was about Final Fantasy characters and as we know, that series started on Nintendo consoles so it's not like it had to be brought up anyway. However, there have been other developers who have mentioned a character needing to have their game on a Nintendo console first before making any kind of appearance in Smash. It happened with Dante (in which the first DMC was released on the Switch before he was revealed as a Mii costume) and recently 2B. And as of right now, every series that's represented in Smash has at least one game released on a Nintendo console before.

Basically? You've been proven wrong about what you thought was the requirement. It's a completely understandable misconception as people really thought a game in the franchise has to appear, and maybe that is something Nintendo thinks too. But that's definitely not a Sakurai thing, as he directly told us. However, either way, we have a statement that it's not a requirement. The only time it would've even mattered is when Nintendo is directly choosing the characters, otherwise the bigger thing for them at best is if they can work together to get the licensing done. If they're not involved beyond that, it's not really a big deal for them to begin with. They only at one point had heavy involvement(Smash Ultimate's Fighter's Pass, and maybe Corrin, and a slight possibility on Bayonetta due to her weird history on how she was added having some strange evidence suggesting she was chosen way before the ballot, not just started work on before).
Except I don't see where Sakurai said that's not a requirement. That was specifically about Cloud but Final Fantasy started on the Nintendo consoles and has been on them long before Cloud existed, so that's not a good example. Cloud does have games from his series on Nintendo consoles before he himself appeared on them.

Meanwhile, there's two people mentioning third-party characters needing to have their games on Nintendo consoles before they appear in Smash and these had NO games at all on them. So unless there's something that straight up debunks the argument (in which there isn't), this is a totally different case.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Let’s talk about single player. While I do like Ultimate in a lot of areas, I feel like the lack of proper replay value was out of a desire to gear Ultimate towards the competitive scene, but like…I feel like there should be more of a balance between that and the more casual side, even if you took technical limitations into account. Makes me appreciate Street Fighter 6 even more.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Let’s talk about single player. While I do like Ultimate in a lot of areas, I feel like the lack of proper replay value was out of a desire to gear Ultimate towards the competitive scene, but like…I feel like there should be more of a balance between that and the more casual side, even if you took technical limitations into account. Makes me appreciate Street Fighter 6 even more.
More single player content would been nice.

The only one we had was World of Light.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

And Classic Mode and Mob Smash and Home-Run Contest and Stage Builder and the regular Spirit Board and Spirit Rematches and that’s kind of it. I don’t hate what we got by any means, but it does admittedly pale in comparison to Brawl and 3DS.

In fact, considering Stage Builder and Home-Run Contest were added in via free updates, it feels like a waste to not add a couple more. I guess if I could add a couple more modes via updates, it would be Smash Run and a Mode Builder where you create a Classic Mode route and Target Test. Oh, and I’d also add the ability to re-fight bosses through the Spirit Rematch feature.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
And Classic Mode and Mob Smash and Home-Run Contest and Stage Builder and the regular Spirit Board and Spirit Rematches and that’s kind of it. I don’t hate what we got by any means, but it does admittedly pale in comparison to Brawl and 3DS.

In fact, considering Stage Builder and Home-Run Contest were added in via free updates, it feels like a waste to not add a couple more. I guess if I could add a couple more modes via updates, it would be Smash Run and a Mode Builder where you create a Classic Mode route and Target Test. Oh, and I’d also add the ability to re-fight bosses through the Spirit Rematch feature.
As much as I want to see Smash Run, putting in Smash Run would involve making and putting in alot of enemy models, something I don't think they would want to put effort into. It would be incredibly awesome if we got Smash Run in a free update, but I can't see it happening no matter how much I want it.
A Custom Classic mode would be simple and wouldn't involve making a whole lot of new assets. And fighting bosses in the Spirit Re-match feature should absolutely be a thing. I would like to be able to fight against my favorite bosses with characters who can't fight them in Classic and the only way right now is having to re-go though the World of Light mode just to fight them once.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I've had a hypothetical single player RPG mode in my head for Smash that would involve a player essentially having a 4-5 fighter party that would be involved in battles with varying numbers of fighters, each member getting specific experience points to buff traits,, and the return of custom moves as unlockables. You'd probably have to put the bulk of the story with the NPCs, but with a twist that there would be a separate party (also chosen by you) doing a campaign that would be affected by the decisions made in the initial playthrough. Basically choose to fight Kamek over Dark Link? That'll have ripple effects on that other group's adventure; kind of the equivalent of Resident Evil 2's zapper system in that sense.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder that if an article is quoted, it's very easy to find said content in the article with a basic Search Text command. No, I'm not going to respond to you, Wonder Smash, till you properly find the information as it was given to you. I directly quoted it. Control + F is the specific function on your general computer. For quick clarity as well, the way I worded the post is Article Link, Quote, and then later on, Article Link 2, Quote 2. This should hopefully be very easy to find. Since I literally copied the text of said articles. That, and just to be sure, I tested said search command. Works fine on my end. I mean, I'm sure somebody else would test it for you too if you don't believe me, but you get the point. Please show a bit of good faith here.

(To further clarify, if you can't find what I said, then I have a hard time believing you properly read the articles. It's fine if you disagree, but I want to make sure you understand my points, that's all).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Somehow this will all end up with Geno not getting in the next game, but somehow becoming the next Speaker of the House.
I understood that reference.
I've had a hypothetical single player RPG mode in my head for Smash that would involve a player essentially having a 4-5 fighter party that would be involved in battles with varying numbers of fighters, each member getting specific experience points to buff traits,, and the return of custom moves as unlockables. You'd probably have to put the bulk of the story with the NPCs, but with a twist that there would be a separate party (also chosen by you) doing a campaign that would be affected by the decisions made in the initial playthrough. Basically choose to fight Kamek over Dark Link? That'll have ripple effects on that other group's adventure; kind of the equivalent of Resident Evil 2's zapper system in that sense.
I've tried an RPG approach, but admittedly my idea for the general game was so complex, I figured it'd be easier to go with something simpler. Like a card game or something (I haven't quite figured it out yet)...

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Kirby Super Star feature some kind of RPG reference in it. Maybe that could become a full-blown feature in Smash.

Just a reminder that if an article is quoted, it's very easy to find said content in the article with a basic Search Text command. No, I'm not going to respond to you, Wonder Smash, till you properly find the information as it was given to you.
I don't recall asking for any kind of information.

I directly quoted it. Control + F is the specific function on your general computer. For quick clarity as well, the way I worded the post is Article Link, Quote, and then later on, Article Link 2, Quote 2. This should hopefully be very easy to find. Since I literally copied the text of said articles. That, and just to be sure, I tested said search command. Works fine on my end. I mean, I'm sure somebody else would test it for you too if you don't believe me, but you get the point. Please show a bit of good faith here.

(To further clarify, if you can't find what I said, then I have a hard time believing you properly read the articles. It's fine if you disagree, but I want to make sure you understand my points, that's all).
You just said you quoted it so...why do you want me to look in the articles? Plus, I've seen those already numerous times, just to let you know.

I really don't know what you're talking about here.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Except I don't see where Sakurai said that's not a requirement." I misread this slightly. I thought you said "Except I don't see where Sakurai said that's a requirement." Which means due to that, I thought you didn't bother to read the articles or try to look for what I sourced, since understandably, people sourcing quotes can sometimes change the meaning. Apologies for the misreading(don't expect an apology for being courteous and giving proper information though. That's not something I would ever apologize for).

That's exactly where the rest comes from.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
A little late to this, but i would love it if Scorpion joined smash and when you finish someone with his final smash you get a unique victory quote with the MK announcer saying
"Scorpion wins! Brutality!"
Because i'm assuming you wouldn't be able to use the "Fatality!" soundbite in smash brothers.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
"Except I don't see where Sakurai said that's not a requirement." I misread this slightly. I thought you said "Except I don't see where Sakurai said that's a requirement." Which means due to that, I thought you didn't bother to read the articles or try to look for what I sourced, since understandably, people sourcing quotes can sometimes change the meaning. Apologies for the misreading(don't expect an apology for being courteous and giving proper information though. That's not something I would ever apologize for).

That's exactly where the rest comes from.
Well that explains everything. lol

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
It's quite surreal to me that has become a popular opinon because for me, Ultimate is only game in the series where I actually cared and enjoyed the single player content.

Yes, that included Brawl as well. I think the reason for this disparity is because the most in the fanbase, like the characters choices, just want modes there just for the sake of having them and not considering how to implement well or how they play.

I will admit the ball was dropped here when came to Ultimate's DLC. Would've been nice a few modes were added or updates to the ones we have. Like Online Squad Strike/Spirit Battles, Online Smash Run etc instead of just characters.

Top Bottom