• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I've just remembered that Rampage is a thing.
Never really liked it...
That was my first game on the Apple 2c+ I got in 6th grade. Even got a flight stick controller. My only problem was that it was a monochrome display and the game itself only has 2 of the 3 monsters no Lizzy ... And even though the 2c+ was around 5 times faster than the much more popular 2e, it still had slow downs lol. Still though one of my favorite games back in the day.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That was my first game on the Apple 2c+ I got in 6th grade. Even got a flight stick controller. My only problem was that it was a monochrome display and the game itself only has 2 of the 3 monsters no Lizzy ... And even though the 2c+ was around 5 times faster than the much more popular 2e, it still had slow downs lol. Still though one of my favorite games back in the day.
I loved Rampage as a kid. I owned the NES version and used to play it in the arcades. I was disappointed that they cut my favorite character (Ralph the wolf) from the NES port. These days, the game is a bit too repetitive to play for more than 15 minutes or so. My friend owns one of those mini arcade cabinets with Rampage on it and I played it for a bit on there.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Digimon would be cool too, I’m not arguing against that. Just trying to make the case that Velvet and Shionne could be really fun and unique themselves. It seemed like you were being a bit dismissive of Velvet earlier.
more the idea that a demon arm was a rarity

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ganondorf is the demon king, by definition his arms are
Fair enough. That’s a completely different thing but you’re technically right. Velvet also has a pretty unique weapon in addition to her demon arm though. The combination of her weapon and arm are truly unique as far as I’m aware.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Fair enough. That’s a completely different thing but you’re technically right. Velvet also has a pretty unique weapon in addition to her demon arm though. The combination of her weapon and arm are truly unique as far as I’m aware.
got a pic?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I love World Heroes! I wonder if adding any of those characters to the KOF series (which they should've already done by this point) would help boost its popularity too.
I really hope to see a new entry within World Heroes someday. But since SNK had been revitalising a lot of its franchises lately, maybe some point within the future?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The results for the poll... are here!

:4pacman:

You can use either thread to discuss them if you like, but try not to forget the poll thread.
I guess if people want, I can directly post the write up in this thread. Do people want that?
yes

Here you go:

View attachment 393644
The closest I can think of to her weapon is Vega from Street fighter but Velvet’s blade is more like one solid sword than a claw. I think she’s also got blades on her boots as well.
Oh I see, that kinda sword

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
oh yeah that’s so rare in gaming

#sarcasm
I got some posts mixed up and thought you were replying to Klonoa and her wind powers, and I was about to respond with something that would have been extremely concerning in the context of an anime girl. lol

yes but there’s loads of NB characters who stand out on the roster from a gameplay perspective. Let’s not forget their library of characters includes an armoured orange trex on steroid armed with dragon slaying claws that can slice giant death bots like an onion. And he can also harness the power of the earth and use it to make a sun to throw at people
Eh, they'd go for the little dino version of him who's main ability is just a fireball though...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I got some posts mixed up and thought you were replying to Klonoa and her wind powers, and I was about to respond with something that would have been extremely concerning in the context of an anime girl. lol

Eh, they'd go for the little dino version of him who's main ability is just a fireball though...
Who’s that Pokémon?
1724345676316.jpeg

Also, I had no idea Klonoa was a girl. That’s cool.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Technically, he's only a Demon King in pig Ganon form.

As Ganondorf, he's just a Gerudo jerk.
Out of curiosity I looked up the fight in Ocarina of Time, and his Ganondorf's title is "The Great King of Evil". Ganon, on the other hand, straight up doesn't have one.

So I guess the lesson learned here is that Ganon is just so cool that he doesn't even need a title. :thedorf:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Also, how do you guys feel about a Tales of rep?
At this point i want a Tales rep for a weird sense of closure.

Lloydwas heavily requested back in the day and is the only third party franchise that doesnt have anything of substance in smash brothers, it just feels kinda weird to me.

i think Bandai Namco has more interesting characters
I still think it'd be neat if they put in a Super robot wars OG rep.
Since it's one of the longer running JRPG series.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
I really hope to see a new entry within World Heroes someday. But since SNK had been revitalising a lot of its franchises lately, maybe some point within the future?
Oh heck yeah! That would be great!

And if there's a new Capcom vs. SNK, maybe some World Heroes characters in there too.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Looks like a direct is coming sooner than expected.

Probably the Switch Successor announcement is Sept-Oct.
If it helps this rumor, PH Brazil correctly guess there'd be no Direct in April:
But that feels like a safe bet anyway, we've only gotten Indie World showcases the past few Aprils.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So Waluigi ...

He's not a Wario character because he's never been in a Wario game, and he was specifically designed to be the Luigi to his Mario in crossover games, including I'm assuming their blood relation. Is this correct?

Laniv

Smash Champion
So Waluigi ...

He's not a Wario character because he's never been in a Wario game, and he was specifically designed to be the Luigi to his Mario in crossover games, including I'm assuming their blood relation. Is this correct?
Apparently, they're not siblings, just "two evil guys who found each other" according to Charles Martinet, but otherwise spot on

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Lloydwas heavily requested back in the day and is the only third party franchise that doesnt have anything of substance in smash brothers, it just feels kinda weird to me.
he had a bit of buzz way back but I don't think it was as big as a lot of other 3rd parties

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Noah brothers, we rise.

Glad that Officer Howard is getting some respect as well. We love a newer action IP that wears its inspirations on its sleeve and I am desperate to see get a sequel.

F to my boys Dimitri and Ceruledge, the people do not appreciate the edge smh

ShotoStar

Smash Apprentice
If it's "a departure from their usual Direct in September" I can't see it really meaning a 30 day timespan, just next week.
Ah, I was looking too deep into it then. It'd still be quite weird to have an August direct if this comes true, I'm starting to suspect it'll be either a showcase focused around one specific project or it might have more than a typical direct would because I can't really see it being a typical direct within this timeframe unless they wanted to clear out a specific date for a showcase of the next console. Idk, just throwing ideas out there really but the idea of an August direct certainly is interesting

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Lloyd Irving should be in because he's one of my favorite characters.

Top Bottom