• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Eh, there are so many ways you can pull a "smaller, weaker, but faster" spin on the standard Link moveset, and Toy Link would have to be a third one since the differences between YL and TL aren't just artstyles. A third Link clone that still shares some of the general attributes as the first two might not seem that interesting to the developers.
Or maybe it'll be more interesting to use a new model than rehash one of the past two. There's going to be a child Link either way. Like you said, there are many ways to differentiate Link movesets, even those of clones.

Or maybe that's the one Sakurai opts for, because you can count it as a new character, and it presents an opportunity to make changes to the Link moveset without changing an existing character, and the developers will listen to their boss.

Or maybe that's the one Nintendo will "suggest" because it's the current one and Sakurai will listen to his boss.

In any case, it doesn't help YL. If the status quo is TL, and we don't get Toy Link, these games aren't going to help YL, we'll just maintain the status quo.

I mean we did also just get Four Swords on NSO as well, so I would think that would be a point in Toon's favor, no?
It certainly doesn't hurt, but tbh I don't think the NSO/VC games really do much for any character, whether hopeful or already included.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think unless the next game is dramatically smaller in size roster wise we'll see both "realistic" link (TotK, OoT, BotW TP, etc) and "cartoon" link (WW, Capcom games, EoW, etc).
only the last of capcoms three Zelda games were cartoony. the artwork does use brighter colours but the overall look is closer to a link to the past

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think unless the next game is dramatically smaller in size roster wise we'll see both "realistic" link (TotK, OoT, BotW TP, etc) and "cartoon" link (WW, Capcom games, EoW, etc).
SS/BOTW/TOTK are much more cartoony as an aesthetic, to be fair. So it's more that Toon Link represents a very specific set of games(though some of the overhead games did work with it, it was more specifically The Minish Cap and Four Swords in itself... which also are all part of a similar concept, using Four Links. Triforce Heroes too, if I remember right).

In fact, I wonder if we'll get a more darker aesthetic for Link again. Cause TOTK is far more cartoony, heh. This also makes the new "Toy" design stand out super well.

I'd include alttp in the cartoon category as well
Interestingly the GBA version does use Young Link's voice, so they did retcon him to be clearly younger now. That said, it's the same sprite. It's just the FS part that actually is cartoony.

Yes please! It could not only blow stuff away but have a glider effect!
I honestly with we could have a less cloney version. More like how Jigglypuff was. That is, same/similar normals, new specials. I mean, he still count as a clone to some degree, so. But we got the opposite. Toon Link is more akin to Wolf's design instead(justified, due to different bodyshapes, so he can't completely reuse Link/Young Link's moveset anyway).

Pupp135

Smash Champion
So, guys.
How many newcomers base game do you think Smash 6 will have or expect to have?
For reference:
Brawl had 18 (counting ZSS and the Pokemon Trainer as separate)
Smash 4 had 16 (counting the mii fighters as separate and not counting echoes)
Ultimate had 6 not counting echoes.

I feel like we'll never reach Brawl or Smash 4 numbers again, but i feel we should get way more than Ult.
I'm expecting Smash 6 to have 12 newcomers not couting echoes, way more than Ult but fewer than Brawl/4.
If I had to guess, I could see 10-12 unique newcomers as the developers would probably like to help compensate for some of the cuts, and but the developers would also try to balance the number of returning fighters versus new fighters.

I had a thought. And for the first time in a while. I think both Young Link and Toon Link may be in danger of being cut.

Toon Link's prominence in the Zelda franchise always made me feel he was pretty darn safe, but I'm starting to think the Toon style has been quietly retired. I'm not saying Toy Link is going to replace him or anything. I think we'll just go without a Link clone (so Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and a newcomer?) but I think they finally moved on from the Toon art style.

That's a shame. I love that art style and Toon Link is a personal favorite of mine. :ulttoonlink:
I feel like some type of a Link clone will probably stay even if it‘s a later addition like Melee and Brawl as I feel that the developers do value having a faster, smaller Link to complement the older Links.

Personally, I’d probably say that Toon Link would have the most priority given that the developers have kept him for three games, and SSB history does have some contribution to the merits of a fighter.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So, guys.
For reference:
Brawl had 18 (counting ZSS and the Pokemon Trainer as separate)
Smash 4 had 16 (counting the mii fighters as separate and not counting echoes)
Ultimate had 6 not counting echoes.

I feel like we'll never reach Brawl or Smash 4 numbers again, but i feel we should get way more than Ult.
I'm expecting Smash 6 to have 12 newcomers not couting echoes, way more than Ult but fewer than Brawl/4.
Probably around 12-14, maybe a maximum of 15 base game newcomers?

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Late but most misunderstood why i mentioned MvC. The picture to point how MvC treats the crossovers. Beating a dead horse but instead of all the EiH, i wish Smash had bit more of a crossover aspect other than the trailers. Yeah, Mario and Sora but that was a trailer, Ryu/Cyclops happens in-game

stuff like this really:

I'm not asking for Subspace but little things like Win/Lose Quotes, Matches having in-game conversations etc. Imagine if had Palutena's Guidance/Snake's Codec/Star Fox etc playing during the match instead of an random easter egg you have to stand still for.

FighterZ and Street Fighter 6 has something similar imagine characters like Waluigi, Virdi or Gruntilda commenting a match? Would be neat, no

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Late but most misunderstood why i mentioned MvC. The picture to point how MvC treats the crossovers. Beating a dead horse but instead of all the EiH, i wish Smash had bit more of a crossover aspect other than the trailers. Yeah, Mario and Sora but that was a trailer, Ryu/Cyclops happens in-game

stuff like this really:

I'm not asking for Subspace but little things like Win/Lose Quotes, Matches having in-game conversations etc. Imagine if had Palutena's Guidance/Snake's Codec/Star Fox etc playing during the match instead of an random easter egg you have to stand still for.

FighterZ and Street Fighter 6 has something similar imagine characters like Waluigi, Virdi or Gruntilda commenting a match? Would be neat, no
Part of why this isn't common in Smash is that this requires a ton of work to do. Besides different voice lines(which costs money), anything like a Comic also costs extra money. Basically, the roster is too massive and there's too many jokes to be had to make it as nearly as feasible.

It's an awesome idea, but it's very costly too. The small amount of stuff we had is due to it being easier to imagine. Even Palutena's Guidance is still limited, as it doesn't include DLC characters(unless said character, like PP, was already intended early enough within the development of the game when the voices were recorded, respectively. The time window worked out).

Regardless, I'd love to discuss some cool interaction ideas. Doesn't need to be feasible to be fun~

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Part of why this isn't common in Smash is that this requires a ton of work to do. Besides different voice lines(which costs money), anything like a Comic also costs extra money. Basically, the roster is too massive and there's too many jokes to be had to make it as nearly as feasible.

It's an awesome idea, but it's very costly too. The small amount of stuff we had is due to it being easier to imagine. Even Palutena's Guidance is still limited, as it doesn't include DLC characters(unless said character, like PP, was already intended early enough within the development of the game when the voices were recorded, respectively. The time window worked out).

Regardless, I'd love to discuss some cool interaction ideas. Doesn't need to be feasible to be fun~
This goes back to my idea of having one of the Super robot wars protagonists in smash in some way.

In that series his voice actor loves to add extra lines of him talking back to the villains he fights, so i imagined him doing the same in a smash bros appearance.

The only one i can remember off the top of my head being that he tells Sonic:
"Knight of the wind huh? Lets see if you can keep up with the Lord of the wind!"
Because that's the Cybuster and by extension Masaki's title in universe.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to be mean, but didn't you already ask this before?
My memory is terrible, so maybe i did, i'm sorry :drsad:

I think around 12 to 14 newcomers is the best bet. Newcomers will be more of a priority this time around with how long it has been since the Switch launched.
I don't know, i feel like having 12-14 newcomers in base might be too dificult with the amount of veterans we have now? I'd love a bigger batch of newcomers but it feels unrealistic.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
My baseline expectation for newcomers is 12, that is, a good dozen. With some plus-minus in either direction, of course.

Even if they want to do a lot of post-launch content, I simply don't think they can afford to skimp on base game newcomers for a second straight game.
Especially with cuts being a thing, the number one way to offset any disappointment from fans is an exciting and deep crop of newcomers. Even if it means cutting more characters than is strictly necessary, the roster needs to set itself apart from Ult, and its new faces need a wide reach in order to accomplish that as effectively as is required.
The number of franchises experiencing significant growth during the Switch era only makes it more imperative to prepare a beefy quantity of newcomers, as Nintendo is highly motivated to maintain as much of that momentum as possible. We also missed out on getting as many niche or wacky additions last game as we could have gotten due to a smaller number of base newcomer slots, and I think a lot of folks would like to see more of that diversity return to the newcomer selection. Basically, even with a big newcomer crop there's not going to be enough slots to go around, so skimping in the base product without the crutch of EiH is going to be tough sledding.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
My baseline expectation for newcomers is 12, that is, a good dozen. With some plus-minus in either direction, of course.

Even if they want to do a lot of post-launch content, I simply don't think they can afford to skimp on base game newcomers for a second straight game.
Especially with cuts being a thing, the number one way to offset any disappointment from fans is an exciting and deep crop of newcomers. Even if it means cutting more characters than is strictly necessary, the roster needs to set itself apart from Ult, and its new faces need a wide reach in order to accomplish that as effectively as is required.
The number of franchises experiencing significant growth during the Switch era only makes it more imperative to prepare a beefy quantity of newcomers, as Nintendo is highly motivated to maintain as much of that momentum as possible. We also missed out on getting as many niche or wacky additions last game as we could have gotten due to a smaller number of base newcomer slots, and I think a lot of folks would like to see more of that diversity return to the newcomer selection. Basically, even with a big newcomer crop there's not going to be enough slots to go around, so skimping in the base product without the crutch of EiH is going to be tough sledding.
What do you think the commercial dropoff is between, let's say, 10 and 12 newcomers? How many people who would buy the game at 12 base newcomers won't buy it at 10? And how many of those lost won't be swayed by years of high profile DLC?

Especially considering the base newcomers will probably be primarily first-party, and therefore less likely to reach audiences that aren't already catered to. Plus, you have to keep in mind people following pre-release won't know how many base newcomers there will actually be until close to the end, once they've already consumed most of the hype. And then around that point is when they'll start pushing more characters via DLC.

And on the other hand, those who don't follow as closely generally are less picky.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So about the rotating barrel thing from Donkey Kong what's with the occasional crocodile looking dude does he block the barrel or something? Never saw it before today lol

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So about the rotating barrel thing from Donkey Kong what's with the occasional crocodile looking dude does he block the barrel or something? Never saw it before today lol
I’m not sure exactly what you’re referring to but the crocodile looking dudes are called Kremlings. They’re basically K. Rool’s minions. The specific Kremling in the barrel from DKC2 is called Klobber and the one from DKC3 is called Knocka.

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I think with a bigger newcomer base game roster, the team might be less limited in characters they might want to add, DLC characters are generally for franchises with rotatory cast or 3rd parties.
With 12 newcomers they might be able to add characters like DJ Octavio, Sidon, Karate Joe, Officer Howard, Magolor, Ashley, Shovel Knight....that might be skiped over in a limited base game roster like Ultimate.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
6, not counting Echoes.

The only reason why Ultimate had so few newcomers was because of EIH and that they decided to use the time and resources to bring back all the veterans that missed out on Smash 4. I'm expecting 14-16 this time with no EIH.
I don't think you're getting that many, regardless of whether EiH returns or not.

Because the bigger factor that separates those older games and Ultimate isn't EiH, it's Season Passes. They exist now, and Nintendo wants to sell them.

Sure, they COULD give you 15 base newcomers. Or they can give you 6, and sell you an extra Fighters Pass and a half.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I think with a bigger newcomer base game roster, the team might be less limited in characters they might want to add, DLC characters are generally for franchises with rotatory cast or 3rd parties.
With 12 newcomers they might be able to add characters like DJ Octavio, Sidon, Karate Joe, Officer Howard, Magolor, Ashley, Shovel Knight....that might be skiped over in a limited base game roster like Ultimate.
There aren't very many pressing first-party additions, and even fewer if some of the promo series show up as DLC instead; we probably will still receive some amount of lower profile characters in base.

But the argument that with more room they'll be able to add what are essentially less prominent characters isn't, from Nintendo's perspective, one that seems favorable against having more DLC, if the DLC is generally higher profile. Of course there would be additional licensing costs there, but there's also the return from the cost of the piecemeal content. Which won't vary in base.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So in regards to Smash Bros. content, some know me as someone who really wants Smash Run from Smash 3DS back because it was fun running around the giant stage and fighting against the different enemies from different franchises. And I have mentioned that I think Mooks being part of Spirit battles and World of Light would've been great for replayability if they couldn't bring back Smash Run. So this was a Mode I hypothesised for a Mook-based Mode that I think can work for Smash Bros. It's mainly about the mode cause if I added in all the Mooks that I want to appear, I wouldn't be able to post this due to too much words.
---
Smash Invaders

"Enemies from different franchises are invading stages across the franchises! Fight and defeat them throughout the stages and get to the leaders behind the invasions!"

"How it works: You fight enemy Mooks from different franchises on stages that are featured in Smash Bros. Sometimes during a stage you are doing, after defeating all of the enemies on that stage, you will fight a Mini-Boss, which can either be a powerful Mook, a Possessed character(with a feature similar to the possessed eyes on characters during Spirit battles in World of Light) or a possessed Assist Trophy, that appears after the enemies are defeated.
In other cases, they will appear at the start of a match alongside some of the Mooks you fight. Your goal is to get through the stages to the end where you fight against a Boss that leads the enemies."

"Quickplay Mode: Fight enemies through a set of 9 stages before fighting a boss on the 10th stage. You have 3 lives. You choose 1 out of 8 Bosses and their armies to fight against. Basically, each army's Boss is shown on the Quickplay Menu and depending on the Boss you choose to fight against will affect which 9 stages you fight on and affect the enemies that appear on the stages.
Like if you choose to fight against Dracula, while different enemies related to the stages appear for you to fight against, you will fight different Castlevania enemies, as well as certain enemies from different franchises that have similarities to Castlevania enemies not in Smash, in all of the stages you do, you will fight against a Werewolf Miniboss on the Omega version of Luigi's Mansion on the 5th stage, you will fight the Death Assist Trophy in Dracula's Castle on the 9th stage and then Dracula on the last stage.

"Random Mode: Fight a randomized set of enemies throughout a randomized set of stages that ends with a random Boss on the last stage. Every 5th stage and the last stage before the Boss, you will fight against either a character, an Assist Trophy or a MiniBoss Mook. There are 3 difficulties with different life counts and a Chaos Mode:
-Easy has you fight through 9 stages with the Boss on the 10th Stage. You have 3 lives.
-Medium has you fight through 14 stages with the Boss on the 15th Stage. You have 4 lives.
-Hard has you fight through 19 stages with the Boss on the 20th Stage. You have 5 lives.
-Chaos Endless Mode: You will start on a random stage fighting against enemies. Enemies appear in waves and after defeating all the enemies in one wave, a new wave will appear shortly. Every 5 waves, a Character/Assist Trophy/Mini-Boss will appear. Every two to three minutes, the stage will "Stage Morph" into a random stage, carrying you and all the enemies still alive into the new stage. Because the battle does not end, you keep fighting enemies until you lose all 5 of your lives.

"Tower Mode: Go through 100 stages with certain conditions(similar to Event Mode, but based around Mooks and whatnot), fighting against one of the game's bosses every 10th level, with the game's "Antagonist" and "Final Boss" on the 100th stage.
---
Any thoughts or opinions?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
You mean on Kongo Falls? Those are called Klaptraps, an enemy type from Donkey Kong Country.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
On the TL/YL stuff, yeah, I think their chances to return are overrated. Variant Links are a tough sell as anything more than a luxury when they're not relevant and cuts are likely to be more prevalent than ever.

It feels like the fanbase has just collectively concluded that a secondary Link moveset is a perpetual priority, but I'm not so sure. Melee had favorable timing for YL, in addition to that game going hard on clones to beef up the character count. Brawl had favorable timing for TL, but even then we know that he actually barely made it in. And TL was seemingly very safe in Smash 4 as an early reveal, but again the Toon style was still in full swing at that time so it's easy to see why he'd be one of the first clones in, especially when you compare him to the other veteran clones from Brawl and before.
Nowadays, neither YL nor TL has favorable timing, and competition is fiercer than ever, even just among clones. So I don't think we're guaranteed a second Link.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You mean on Kongo Falls? Those are called Klaptraps, an enemy type from Donkey Kong Country.
Yeah! So like do they actually do DMG or just block you or do they disappear back down if someone hits the barrel ? Haha I was already ko from the game and watching these 2 players last stock each and the barrel comes back, stalls and Klaptrap comes out and I'm like woah! I love still getting surprised by this game lol

SPEN18

Smash Champion
What do you think the commercial dropoff is between, let's say, 10 and 12 newcomers? How many people who would buy the game at 12 base newcomers won't buy it at 10? And how many of those lost won't be swayed by years of high profile DLC?

Especially considering the base newcomers will probably be primarily first-party, and therefore less likely to reach audiences that aren't already catered to. Plus, you have to keep in mind people following pre-release won't know how many base newcomers there will actually be until close to the end, once they've already consumed most of the hype. And then around that point is when they'll start pushing more characters via DLC.

And on the other hand, those who don't follow as closely generally are less picky.
The precise difference between 10 and 12 newcomers we clearly wouldn't know, and I mean 10 is within the +/- of my expectation, albeit on the lowest end. I'm basing this primarily on previous non-EiH Smash games, with some reservation due to having more vets than ever to potentially retain (albeit with a large number of them probably being lower priority than most of the newcomers).
But, regardless, generally I think it's better for them to err on the side of more newcomers than less. Because of, again, the circumstances of (1) needing to offset the fact that there will be subtractions to the roster and (2) needing, frankly, a lot of slots to promote more of their franchises and increase newcomer diversity, hence foster the overall appeal of the new roster.

I think you may be underselling the importance of extending on existing first party franchises. Like, for example, simply bringing Olimar back or even giving him a Pikmin 4 protag alt is not at all the same in generating and maintaining excitement about Pikmin as, say, introducing a fully brand-new Oatchi moveset. Bringing back Link in his BotW garb is not celebrating and promoting the Era of the Wild like revealing Rauru to show off all the fancy ToTK mechanics would be. Splatoon and Animal Crossing would begin to look horribly underrepresented relative to their current Switch and likely Switch 2 presences if they didn't get anything new. And so on and so on.

In addition to that, the DLC literally can't do them any good unless they successfully sell the base game. The better the base game does, the better the DLC does. Because the people who buy the DLC are a proper subset of those who buy the base game. The number of people who skip out on base initially but then are convinced to pay the price they wouldn't pay before plus more, just to get a few DLC characters they're particularly excited about, is rather few.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
On the TL/YL stuff, yeah, I think their chances to return are overrated. Variant Links are a tough sell as anything more than a luxury when they're not relevant and cuts are likely to be more prevalent than ever.

It feels like the fanbase has just collectively concluded that a secondary Link moveset is a perpetual priority, but I'm not so sure. Melee had favorable timing for YL, in addition to that game going hard on clones to beef up the character count. Brawl had favorable timing for TL, but even then we know that he actually barely made it in. And TL was seemingly very safe in Smash 4 as an early reveal, but again the Toon style was still in full swing at that time so it's easy to see why he'd be one of the first clones in, especially when you compare him to the other veteran clones from Brawl and before.
Nowadays, neither YL nor TL has favorable timing, and competition is fiercer than ever, even just among clones. So I don't think we're guaranteed a second Link.
I agree.
A interview from 2013 is also not good evidence one of them will return, stuff can change in 11 years.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah! So like do they actually do DMG or just block you or do they disappear back down if someone hits the barrel ? Haha I was already ko from the game and watching these 2 players last stock each and the barrel comes back, stalls and Klaptrap comes out and I'm like woah! I love still getting surprised by this game lol
SmashWiki said:
This stage also features a Donkey Kong series enemy, Klaptrap. If a character touches one, they will fly off to their death at middle to high percentage (unless shielded or air dodged). Klaptraps occasionally get caught in the barrel cannon, where they still KO the player if he or she touches them, effectively rendering the cannon unusable.
This makes it sound like they instakill you at certain percents, though I have my doubts on that being the case. My guess is that it's just a really strong hit box.

Also, TIL the Klaptraps interact with the barrel cannons. The more you know.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This makes it sound like they instakill you at certain percents, though I have my doubts on that being the case. My guess is that it's just a really strong hit box.

Also, TIL the Klaptraps interact with the barrel cannons. The more you know.
Okay that makes sense it's them on Jungle Japes cause I'm always getting nailed as I'm jumping between platforms and it hops out the water and it does hit huge and spikes sometimes lol just it's so fast you can't see it well but when it got stuck in the barrel it was on screen for a awhile.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

It's kinda funny how Smash being such a massive crossover is also likely limiting just how much these characters can actually crossover in any way other than fighting.

If I were to suggest anything in the future, I just hope they update the Codec Conversations. David Hayter seems up for it if I recall correct, but for some reason they just didn't do them.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's kinda funny how Smash being such a massive crossover is also likely limiting just how much these characters can actually crossover in any way other than fighting.

If I were to suggest anything in the future, I just hope they update the Codec Conversations. David Hayter seems up for it if I recall correct, but for some reason they just didn't do them.
I think part of it is japanese voice actor culture.

In the Japanese version at least one of the voice actors passed away since the Brawl recordings and because this series isnt ongoing anymore they just cant recast them.
Which makes it really awkward for the english dub side of things.

It's the same reason why some Phil from Hercules was mute in Kingdom hearts 3 or why more recent Super robot wars games cant do shows from the 1970's properly, voice actors got too old, either cant do the voice anymore or just died.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Although the “timing” isn’t optimal for Toon / Young Link, I think the flipside is how a more classic, green tunic portrayal of the character feels warranted the further Link leans into his modern appearances and tools. I could see us skimping out on a second version of Link, but I also see why it might be especially valuable now with Link likely to maintain his BOTW adjustments and perhaps even get a little bit more. In theory they fulfill a more necessary role now than they did before.

So I’m not sure what to make of it yet but I think I’m more inclined to keep one around. I wouldn’t personally be mad if they did away with both though - I like Toon Link being here but there are plenty more original characters I’d save first.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Also, a lot of IP owners don't like certain ways a character is depicted. This limits it even moooooore.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think part of it is japanese voice actor culture.

In the Japanese version at least one of the voice actors passed away since the Brawl recordings and because this series isnt ongoing anymore they just cant recast them.
Which makes it really awkward for the english dub side of things.

It's the same reason why some Phil from Hercules was mute in Kingdom hearts 3 or why more recent Super robot wars games cant do shows from the 1970's properly, voice actors got too old, either cant do the voice anymore or just died.
Right, the Japanese VA for Colonel Campbell passed away. That makes sense as a reason why and I can respect it, though it does make me a bit sad at the lost opportunities.

I think the only series I know that eventually broke away from that culture was the Persona series with the Igor voice actor, but that was after over a decade of reusing old voice lines and shoving Igor away whenever a spinoff happened. The only reason I think they cast someone new is because I don't think they could have gotten away with reusing the old lines for the entirety of the Persona 3 Remake. I guess P5PX also hired a new voice actor, but that phone game is just kinda odd to take into account.

Top Bottom