• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Before the next Smash Bros comes out, I want to make it my mission to become familiar with every playable character in Smash.

I have no idea how with the likes of Ike and Solid Snake, but I'll figure something out.
Don't worry, Ike is probably the easiest Fire Emblem character in the game to use... outside maybe Byleth.

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant in canon. Yeah uhh, you're gonna have to sail.

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Before the next Smash Bros comes out, I want to make it my mission to become familiar with every playable character in Smash.

I have no idea how with the likes of Ike and Solid Snake, but I'll figure something out.
I really like this. There are tons of characters I never play as due to playstyle differences or flat out disinterest. Making yourself familiar with all characters can open up some surprising developments in terms of how you play the game.

Oop playing catch-up - if you mean their base games I bid you good luck in your game hunting

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Guys, imagine if at The Game Awards 2021, it announces 4 additional characters for a free update AT THE SAME TIME and those characters are Goku from Dragon Ball, Iron Man, SpongeBob SquarePants and a original character created for Ultimate that serves as the Sora/Kyo Kusanagi/Reiji Arisu of the game. And they are made without M. S. supervision.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Guys, imagine if at The Game Awards 2021, it announces 4 additional characters for a free update AT THE SAME TIME and those characters are Goku from Dragon Ball, Iron Man, SpongeBob SquarePants and a original character created for Ultimate that serves as the Sora/Kyo Kusanagi/Reiji Arisu of the game. And they are made without M. S. supervision.
I'd be pissed.

It's basically Nintendo spitting at Sakurai's hard work and dedication considering how much he set up Sora as the finale.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If the next game is an Ultimate Deluxe (handled by another team or otherwise), then I want the DLC characters to be more properly integrated into the game.
Like in the story mode/expanded WoL? I’d love that

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What systems do you have? Metal Gear Solid 3 is on the 3DS - Solid Snake isn't the player character in that game, but it could work as an introduction to the series.

Also, what characters are you unfamiliar with aside from those two?
I only own Nintendo systems

Unfamiliar with (off the top of my head)
Sorta Captain Falcon (played the SNES)
Sorta Star Fox but not really (played Star Fox 643D)
Roy
Lucas
Ike
Mr. Game and Watch (easy fix is gallery from 3DS)
Kinda sonic (played but never finished a few games)
Need to finish a pikmin game
Want to play more Mega Man
Want to play Punch Out Wii
Corrin
Ryu/Ken
Simon/Richter
Joker (annoying)
All four Hero
Terry
Kazuya
Sora

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Getting Palutena guidances for the vanilla version’s DLC in a deluxe game would be great too

maybe snake codecs and revise the ones that mention brawl or outdated info and just avoid using the retired Colonel Roy Campbell since his Japanese VO died. Doubt that tho

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Getting Palutena guidances for the vanilla version’s DLC in a deluxe game would be great too
Just listen to Zelda Universe :4pacman:

maybe snake codecs and revise the ones that mention brawl or outdated info and just avoid using the retired Colonel Roy Campbell since his Japanese VO died. Doubt that tho
I'm surprised they didn't at least make some generic ones (one for each contact except Campbell and Slippy) like how the Guidances have one for DLCs

That's likely because the VAs were never recalled to make new clips, everything is reused from Brawl but still... would've been neat.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I only own Nintendo systems

Unfamiliar with (off the top of my head)
Sorta Captain Falcon (played the SNES)
Sorta Star Fox but not really (played Star Fox 643D)
Roy
Lucas
Ike
Mr. Game and Watch (easy fix is gallery from 3DS)
Kinda sonic (played but never finished a few games)
Need to finish a pikmin game
Want to play more Mega Man
Want to play Punch Out Wii
Corrin
Ryu/Ken
Simon/Richter
Joker (annoying)
All four Hero
Terry
Kazuya
Sora
A few recommendations on my part:

-Pikmin: I'd recommend Pikmin 3. I don't know how the Switch version is, but I played it on the Wii U, and it stuck a good balance between motivating you to explore without feeling stressful. (The time limit isn't as tight as Pikmin 1)

-Sonic: either the Sega Ages version of Sonic 2, or Sonic Mania, could work, since both games are short and regarded pretty highly

-Ryu or Ken: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (or if you have a Wii U, I believe they have various versions of Street Fighter 2 if you want something cheaper). Capcom games regularly go on sale, so maybe wait for a sale for this one. Alternatively, I believe Capcom has an arcade collection on the Switch where you can purchase games individually.

-Simon or Richter: I've had a rough time with the classic Castlevanias, but there are two collections on the Switch. It seems like the rewind feature would help a lot (the Advance collection is mostly Metroid style, though Richter's game is a side scroller)

-Mega Man: either the Mega Man Legacy Collection or Mega Man 11 (both on Switch) seem like they'd work here. (Though maybe wait for a sale; Mega Man 11 is a short game)

-Joker: unfortunately, the only options on Nintendo systems that I know of are kind of spoilery - Persona Q2 on the 3DS takes place towards the end of Persona 5, while Persona 5 Strikers takes place after it. Both assume that you've played Persona 5. Hopefully Atlus wises up and puts some version of Persona 5 on the Switch.

-Hero: Dragon Quest XI has a free 8-10 hour demo on the Switch eShop that lets you carry your progress over to the full game.

-Terry: SNK arcade games on the Switch are plentiful, so take your pick. Sakurai recommends several in the Terry presentation; I'd recommend King of Fighters 98 or Garou: Mark of the Wolves. (I also have one on the Wii, but I can't recall the name - I think it's Real Bout Fatal Fury Special? It has Ryo Sakazaki from Art of Fighting as a hidden boss)

-Kazuya: if you have a Wii U, I'd strongly recommend Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

-Pikmin: I'd recommend Pikmin 3. I don't know how the Switch version is, but I played it on the Wii U, and it stuck a good balance between motivating you to explore without feeling stressful. (The time limit isn't as tight as Pikmin 1)

-Sonic: either the Sega Ages version of Sonic 2, or Sonic Mania, could work, since both games are short and regarded pretty highly

-Ryu or Ken: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (or if you have a Wii U, I believe they have various versions of Street Fighter 2 if you want something cheaper). Capcom games regularly go on sale, so maybe wait for a sale for this one. Alternatively, I believe Capcom has an arcade collection on the Switch where you can purchase games individually.

-Simon or Richter: I've had a rough time with the classic Castlevanias, but there are two collections on the Switch. It seems like the rewind feature would help a lot (the Advance collection is mostly Metroid style, though Richter's game is a side scroller)

-Mega Man: either the Mega Man Legacy Collection or Mega Man 11 (both on Switch) seem like they'd work here. (Though maybe wait for a sale; Mega Man 11 is a short game)

-Joker: unfortunately, the only options on Nintendo systems that I know of are kind of spoilery - Persona Q2 on the 3DS takes place towards the end of Persona 5, while Persona 5 Strikers takes place after it. Both assume that you've played Persona 5. Hopefully Atlus wises up and puts some version of Persona 5 on the Switch.

-Hero: Dragon Quest XI has a free 8-10 hour demo on the Switch eShop that lets you carry your progress over to the full game.

-Terry: SNK arcade games on the Switch are plentiful, so take your pick. Sakurai recommends several in the Terry presentation; I'd recommend King of Fighters 98 or Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Kazuya also appears in Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS, alongside fellow Smashers Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina, and if you wanna count Smash NPCs: Fiora, Zero, Akira Yuki, Dante, Mega Man X, Tiki and Metal Face

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If Ultimate DX is released for both Switch and next model, my bet is that every DLC piece (FP1 and 2, all mii costumes) will continue to be purchased individually. Nintendo will not let us save $25/$30/$55 by including FP1/2 contents there. Maybe they add Palutena Guidance to DLC characters.

But also hoped that they would let upgrade from regular Ultimate to DX version by a lower price (like $40), plus selling Ultimate DX in stores by $60. Then, articles will appear criticizing the amount of money you had to spend for getting all Smash content ($60 base game and then $55 in FP1/2 + mii costumes).

Maybe they will add future DLC fighters to the premium NSO.

Last edited:

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I have plenty of discussions I'd like to contribute but in a single thread I don't know if it's really feasible. I hope it wouldn't be a problem to post certain "Next Smash" discussions outside of the thread (on the general forum this thread is associated with) but my experience with forums tells me that it wouldn't be. Oh well.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
A character that people are sleeping on currently is Foreman Spike he is going to return next year in the Mario movie so expect him to be on the table running during next smash game especially with the fact that wrecking crew is already having a stage in smash

D

Deleted member

they should add mechanical complexity in the next smash in place of some movement options like have the movement be limited at first and then like you go into Max Mode in KOF or some **** and you get a lot of shmovement and combo options while the meter lasts.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To elaborate further as to why Black Knight as an Ike echo makes absolutely zero sense and shouldn't be so much as entertained...

The basis of the suggestion comes from the fact that both Ike and the Black Knight were taught by Greil. That literally does not matter. Not only are their two sword styles canonically very different, but if having the same teacher mattered, Lilina (a mage, by the way) should be a Roy echo. After all, they were both taught by Cecilia. We could go even further! By this logic, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude would all work as Byleth echoes because Byleth taught each of them! Never mind how that makes absolutely no sense and is completely out of character!

But beyond that, the single biggest issue that hasn't been stated enough is that...

Black Knight is an armored unit. Ike is an infantry unit.

Fire Emblem as a franchise has four major movement types for its various classes: Infantry (foot soldiers with only light armor), Cavalry (units who fight on horseback), Flying (units who fight while airborne), and Armored (units who fight on foot with heavy plated armor).

The distinction between these four is made clear throughout the series. Infantry units are the standard but also have a wider variety of classes available. Cavalry have a larger movement range but are impeded by terrain features like forests. Flying units are unimpeded by terrain but have more common weapons that are super effective against them (bows and wind magic). Armored units are slow, have low movement, and are heavy (in games with build and constitution anyway), but have skyhigh defense and sometimes a skill like Pavise. The only time there's been any real case of overlap is with one specific class line: the Great Knight, which is both Armored and Cavalry.

Besides the aforementioned case of the Great Knight (and if you want to really split hairs, the Conqueror, which is just Walhart's personal Great Knight equivalent), these four are always portrayed very differently. This is why it legitimately makes no real sense for Ike, an Infantry unit, to have Black Knight, an Armored unit, as an echo.

Black Knight is one of the faster armor units in the series and he's still a massive, hulking monster of a man wearing enough armor to defend a small village. You would need to change so much about him to have him fit Ike, including but not limited to reducing his size, completely foregoing his own animations, being totally okay with him clipping into himself while while trying to do Ike's animations, making him significantly faster than he's ever canonically been depicted, and in general removing every last thing that made him such a memorable character.

Do you see the way his Assist Trophy was depicted? That's the Black Knight. A sable clad monster of a man who strikes fear into the hearts of those he draws his sword against, as he slowly lumbers over to them and borderline bludgeons them with a single swing of his blade. A man who doesn't so much as flinch at the swings thrown at him due to the massive weight and stability of his enchanted armor. A demon who bursts out of a village door and oops, now Oscar is dead because he and his horse got turned into mincemeat. A force of sheer terror who lets you know that you may outrun him, but not forever. And the second you let up, it's over for you. Because he will never stop his pursuit of you if you're his target.

And absolutely none of that would be retained by forcing him into an echo of Ike.

"but Dark Samus!"

Gonna stop you right there. Making Black Knight an Ike echo makes the Dark Samus situation feel as seamless as Richter echoing Simon. This isn't like Dark Samus being a Samus echo. This is like King K. Rool being a Yoshi echo.
Alright, you've convinced me. He stays an AT forever then.

When you think of what Roxas' iconic moments are, it is with his two Keyblades.
Cool. So, again, would you like Roxas to get in as a "less iconic" Echo? Or would you like to not get him at all?

Cause IF you get a 2nd unique KH Fighter(which you probably won't), it wouldn't be Roxas!

I swear you people are so ****ing stubborn that your characters, that are NOT going to get in ANY other way, MUST not be an AT. Have fun getting nothing then!

Last edited:

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
If the next game is an Ultimate Deluxe (handled by another team or otherwise), then I want the DLC characters to be more properly integrated into the game.
As lazy as it'd sound, if they just gave the final version of Ultimate, with all DLC included, a physical release, I'd be fine with that (though it'd likely come at a premium price and/or limited release). Just so long as I could have a completed edition on the cart.

But yeah, it'd be nice to see DLC better integrated into the game, much like how the Smash4 DLC characters got incorporated into Ultimate's base game. As mentioned, there're missing Palutena's Guidances, but also things like having an actual location to unlock them in World of Light, as well as restructuring how the Spirits are ordered. For that matter, there'd be no purpose for the DLC Spirit Boards since all their Spirits would just be added to the standard Spirit Board anyway (and maybe some additional encounters in World of Light..... though I can't say I'm all too fond of the idea of having WoL more bloated than it already is). Some old Classic routes and Spirit battles could probably be updated to incorporate the new characters as well (as an aside, due to its lack of a DLC Board, Piranha Plant makes absolutely zero appearances as an opponent in the single-player modes..... I actually find that kinda sad).

I dunno, I kinda like that the codecs are exactly the same as they were in Brawl. Kinda gives it a sensation of it being legacy content (and it was a hidden Easter egg anyway).

7NATOR

Smash Master
Say if echoes were still a thing next game and we got some more, who do you think are no brainers?

for me:
  • if Joker returns, Violet. There is at least precedence with the Jane in Joker’s DLC file string that had a ponytail
  • Jin Kazama as a Ken-style Kazuya echo
  • Octoling, though they could also pass as a semi clone
  • Ninjara as a Min Min echo maybe, we don’t have a male echo for a female original fighter yet. If you wanna go semi-clone instead of full echo I’d pick Dr. Coyle
  • Roxas as a Sora echo if Disney’s willing to play ball for an echo
Disagree on Violet and Roxas because imo they are far far too different to make as an echo of their respective bases. Maybe a semi clone but I think that is pushing it. Jane stuff was likely worked on much earlier, since there is evidence that originally Violet would have been a FeMC instead of just a party member in Royal but this was scrapped in development.

If I had to name a few free echoes, here is what I would go with.
  • Dixie Kong
  • Octoling
  • Black Shadow
  • Impa
  • Ninten
  • Medusa
  • Shadow
  • Ms Pac Man
Jin wouldn't work as an Echo, as of now at least. I know Tekken 3 is a thing, but that's the only game (well that and Tag 1, which is not canon game) where Jin uses the Mishima Fighting style. It's literally a big story element that Jin forgoes the Mishima Fighting style due to the people associated with that Style. This is also the major reason for Devil Jin's existence, to have Jin's Tekken 3 moveset without messing up his Story arc

I feel like that's also a Main reason Jin wasn't chosen as a rep. You would have to make 2 different movesets for Jin/Devil Jin, to have both Jin's Current style and the Classic Mishima fighting style with Devil Jin

Now Tekken 8 might change it up. The ending has Jin seeming to at least embrace his Devil State somewhat. so we might see Jin actually revert back to using his old style willingly. If that's the case, I could see the arguement for Jin being some sort of Echo being more possible, though honestly I think he'd be more of a Semi-Clone probably.

Roxas could work, but you would have to forgo the Dual wielding aspect, which is one of the most Iconic parts of the character. Nomura would also have to agree to forgo the lack of it

Black Shadow could work, kind of. I think he'd have a Blend of Falcon and Ganondorf's Moveset, but I think his Speed would be similiar to Falcon. I believe the Black Bull is faster than the Blue Falcon, so that could apply here also. That seems overpowered though unless they gave him a Crippling weakness

Octoling seems like the most Shoo-in Potential echo here, though I could see them also just as an Alt of Inkling as well. The thing is that Inkling only uses Splatoon 1 weapons in this game, so unless Smash 6 gives extra Specials to characters, I Imagine they want those weapons to be represented somewhere, and that could require different balancing, but maybe not. At the least, I see Octoling sharing the Same Physical normals like Tilts and Aerials

Ms Pac-Man honestly could just be an alt. I don't think she has shown off that much difference to even warrent being an echo. I believe Ms Pac-Man the game was Faster, and also harder, so you could have her be faster, but harder to kill with compared to Pac-Man, but I don't think it's needed

If Dixie really was a shoo-in for an Echo spot, I Imagine she would already be in. I can't imagine her being less of a priority than Dark Samus, no offense. It always seemed Dixie was a bigger request, and Japan would be more familiar with Donkey Kong Country anyway than Metroid, along with also appeasing the West

If her Upgraded Spirit is any indication, Sakurai might try to attempt the Duo idea that was originally planned for Diddy and Dixie, and have Dixie be a Duo character with another Kong, perhaps Kiddy like in DKC3

Similiar deal goes with Shadow. I know Sonic was at a rough patch during 2015-2016 when Ultimate started development, and Japan really isn't the most keen on Sonic as a franchise, but Sonic still is an Iconic franchise, Shadow had been a requested character even before Ultimate (But Ultimate was where he really blew up) and SA2 is the Highest Selling Sonic game in Japan along with SA1, and the Most well-regarded game there. That's a big deal since Sonic games aren't the biggest there

If they wanted to Make Shadow an Echo, they would have. The fact that they didn't likely showcases that Shadow, while he theoretically could echo Sonic, wouldn't get in as an Echo.

I know I was very Adamant about Shadow getting in as an unique character throughout the entirity of Ultimate's Lifecycle. I crashed and burned in terms of this game, but the thing Is I know he will become playable in the future, it's only a matter of time, and the fact this was the supposed perfect opportunity to add him as an echo and they didn't kind of proves that he would have more to him the Shadowing Sonic's Moveset

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Jin wouldn't work as an Echo, as of now at least. I know Tekken 3 is a thing, but that's the only game (well that and Tag 1, which is not canon game) where Jin uses the Mishima Fighting style. It's literally a big story element that Jin forgoes the Mishima Fighting style due to the people associated with that Style. This is also the major reason for Devil Jin's existence, to have Jin's Tekken 3 moveset without messing up his Story arc
Considering he'd have to constantly be shifting into Devil Jin form in order to echo Kazuya's Smash moveset, wouldn't it make sense for him to just have Devil Jin's overall moveset?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Dixie really was a shoo-in for an Echo spot, I Imagine she would already be in. I can't imagine her being less of a priority than Dark Samus, no offense. It always seemed Dixie was a bigger request, and Japan would be more familiar with Donkey Kong Country anyway than Metroid, along with also appeasing the West
Keep in mind that the majority of DK fans voted for K. Rool instead of Dixie in the ballot, and a lot of Metroid fans voted for Dark Samus after they were disappointed with Sakurai saying Ridley was too big. I would not be surprised one single bit if Dark Samus was much higher than Dixie in the ballot.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ms Pac-Man honestly could just be an alt. I don't think she has shown off that much difference to even warrent being an echo. I believe Ms Pac-Man the game was Faster, and also harder, so you could have her be faster, but harder to kill with compared to Pac-Man, but I don't think it's needed
But echoes don't need any differences to warrant their existence.

Neither Daisy nor Richter has any substantial gameplay differences from their counterparts. They just have different personalities that shine through their animations, hence they're not alternate costumes.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
A character that people are sleeping on currently is Foreman Spike he is going to return next year in the Mario movie so expect him to be on the table running during next smash game especially with the fact that wrecking crew is already having a stage in smash
I agree under the sole condition that Nintendo actually does stuff with him in the games.

If it's a one-and-done deal and Nintendo proceeds to not use him again, his chances don't change.

Foreman Spike overall is just a weird situation since it really depends on whether or not Nintendo itself sleeps on him.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

-Terry: SNK arcade games on the Switch are plentiful, so take your pick. Sakurai recommends several in the Terry presentation; I'd recommend King of Fighters 98 or Garou: Mark of the Wolves. (I also have one on the Wii, but I can't recall the name - I think it's Real Bout Fatal Fury Special? It has Ryo Sakazaki from Art of Fighting as a hidden boss)

I'm being difficult on myself but I'm being specific for certain characters.

I want games that showcase their personality and main story.

I know Metal Gear Solid 3 isn't actually Solid Snake so I don't want it as my first Metal Gear game, I specifically want Metal Gear Solid 1.

For Castlevania, I specifically want Super Castlevania 4 and Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the night.

Dragon Quest is an easy one though, I'll get round to them eventually.

Proof that Space Harrier could join smash 6 as new unrepresented SEGA Rep like I said Earlier.

(In Sakurai presents: MinMin; it was Showed Sega Mega Drive, where there was Space Harrier II Cartridge in it, meaning that Sakurai played the game and he might state that Space Harrier could join the Roster).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I know Metal Gear Solid 3 isn't actually Solid Snake so I don't want it as my first Metal Gear game, I specifically want Metal Gear Solid 1.

For Castlevania, I specifically want Super Castlevania 4 and Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the night.

Super Castlevania 4, at least, is part of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Switch. It also has the original and Simon's Quest as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Dracula X, which is an adaption/different version of Rondo of Blood, is in the Castlevania Advance Collection. (unfortunately, Symphony of the Night isn't on a Nintendo console - if they already stretched the definition of "Advance Collection" with Dracula X, you'd think they'd also include Symphony of the Night) It's a game where you play as Richter, at least.

If you have a Gamecube, then I'd recommend Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. (though I don't know how expensive that game's gotten over the years)

Proof that Space Harrier could join smash 6 as new unrepresented SEGA Rep like I said Earlier.

(In Sakurai presents: MinMin; it was Showed Sega Mega Drive, where there was Space Harrier II Cartridge in it, meaning that Sakurai played the game and he might state that Space Harrier could join the Roster).
Sakurai plays a lot of games, to the point where he stopped talking about games that he's played because people kept acting like it was definitely a hint that a character from that game was getting into Smash. I don't think going by games that Sakurai's played is going to narrow it down much, if at all.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If Ultimate DX is released for both Switch and next model, my bet is that every DLC piece (FP1 and 2, all mii costumes) will continue to be purchased individually. Nintendo will not let us save $25/$30/$55 by including FP1/2 contents there. Maybe they add Palutena Guidance to DLC characters.

But also hoped that they would let upgrade from regular Ultimate to DX version by a lower price (like $40), plus selling Ultimate DX in stores by $60. Then, articles will appear criticizing the amount of money you had to spend for getting all Smash content ($60 base game and then $55 in FP1/2 + mii costumes).

Maybe they will add future DLC fighters to the premium NSO.
That would be a terrible idea. That would be like if Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's newcomers were DLC in the PS4/Xbox one rerelease.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

At the very least, I'd love to have had the Space Harrier Bayonetta remix in Smash (kinda like how they did with After Burner?) Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to me at least.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wasn’t there a job listing for “Smash 6” or something when 3DS/Wii U was about halfway done with DLC?

shower thought, but we should keep an eye out for any job listings that are Smash related

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn’t there a job listing for “Smash 6” or something when 3DS/Wii U was about halfway done with DLC?

shower thought, but we should keep an eye out for any job listings that are Smash related
To be honest, that likely won't be necessary. At least not for a good while. It's important to remember that the Wii U was a catastrophic failure for Nintendo financially. It's not at all unrelated that it was around that time they started branching out into things like mobile games, theme park tie ins, manufactured amiibo scarcity, cereal, and other forms of brand tie ins...Nintendo was basically scared ****less. The Wii U made the GameCube look like the Super Nintendo.

That's why they panicked and rushed Ultimate into development early, hence how early the job listing showed up.

Nintendo pretty much has no incentive to rush now. The Switch sold like gangbusters and is on track for at least a six year lifespan, being the high end for Nintendo home consoles (compared to the Wii U's four and a third year lifespan, the shortest of the home consoles by far).

That, and it's also important to note that the listing was for Bandai-Namco. If the next Smash doesn't use them for development, a listing may not show up at all.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One thing I would hope we get is a few more bosses. I would love classic mode updated so that we are not always fighting the hands 80% of the time. Here are a few bosses I think would be cool picks.
  • The Reaper (Persona)
  • Ender Dragon (Minecraft)
  • Darkside (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Metal Gear REX
  • Porky (Mother)
  • Gruntilda
  • Rayquaza
Upgrade the stage bosses while we are at it, and you can spice up a lot of classic modes very quickly with some of these picks.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
One thing I would hope we get is a few more bosses. I would love classic mode updated so that we are not always fighting the hands 80% of the time. Here are a few bosses I think would be cool picks.
  • The Reaper (Persona)
  • Ender Dragon (Minecraft)
  • Darkside (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Metal Gear REX
  • Porky (Mother)
  • Gruntilda
  • Rayquaza
Upgrade the stage bosses while we are at it, and you can spice up a lot of classic modes very quickly with some of these picks.
I second this, along with better distribution of the bosses we do have (Peach vs. Giga Bowser, Roy vs. Ganon, Ike vs. Dracula, etc.)

I have an Idea for True Final Boss of Classic Mode/Arcade Mode:
NINTENDO Man

Nintendo Man could be Floating NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/Wii U/Switch Console, who is Hands' Creation and Creator of ROB robot species in Nintendo Multiverse.

He could be NES on First Phase of fight, but during 2nd Phase, he turns into SNES Console and he has more attacks. Next after SNES Phase, he turns in Nintendo 64/Gamecube Hybrid that has more attacks revolving around GC/N64 and 4th Phase could could be Wii/Wii U hybrid that locks you inside Gamepad and sends Enemies to attack you and you need to break out from Pad to attack him. The Last Phase is Nintendo Switch, who uses Joyce's to attack the Player. If you defeat him, he will fall down from Player's view, crashing into Nowhere.

Top Bottom