• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level Lan Presents: Lovesick For Brawl - February 25th 2012

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Ehh i'll twy ._.

Don't know if I will enter the tournament. Maybe... I heard everybody gets pissed when they face ICs :(, and as pathetic as I am it seems like I can only get a little close to beating someone who is good at the game by only using ICs :(. Which is pretty pathetic XD. Which is why I was considering not going, untill I could get better with my Olimar/Peach/Diddy(just started using diddy) but I might go for friendlies or miiiight enter the tournament (depends on how hyped I feel :D XD). :)

Uhhh?: This tournament is till 11 PM 0________________0!!!!! Holy crap, I don't know if I can afford a hotel D:!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Sax/Jeff/Whoever is driving feels like driving back that night cause I'm not paying for a freaking hotel XP (Ima cheap ***) cause I'm only paying for gas and maybe the tourney or I just don't go HAHAHA XD!!!!
Only stupid bad people care about facing IC players.

I wish everyone played ICs.
Me too.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ehh i'll twy ._.

Don't know if I will enter the tournament. Maybe... I heard everybody gets pissed when they face ICs :(, and as pathetic as I am it seems like I can only get a little close to beating someone who is good at the game by only using ICs :(. Which is pretty pathetic XD. Which is why I was considering not going, untill I could get better with my Olimar/Peach/Diddy(just started using diddy) but I might go for friendlies or miiiight enter the tournament (depends on how hyped I feel :D XD). :)

Uhhh?: This tournament is till 11 PM 0________________0!!!!! Holy crap, I don't know if I can afford a hotel D:!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Sax/Jeff/Whoever is driving feels like driving back that night cause I'm not paying for a freaking hotel XP (Ima cheap ***) cause I'm only paying for gas and maybe the tourney or I just don't go HAHAHA XD!!!!
Lol no1 ever rents a hotel room. Smash ppl house smash ppl. But ya brannen is definitely driving back saturday night. That's how it usually goes lol.

Edit: Woah. That's the first time i've ever called nick brannen. LOL.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think i will stay and enter singles for this...maybe

its like 60/40

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Daisy, 1) Don't not come or enter solely because you feel bad for playing IC. its true no one likes being chain grabbed, but even I have a pocket popo. Just play for fun. I'd you're a nice guy it won't matter how gay you play.

2) you don't need to get a hotel. That's why everyone US asking for housing. Lol.
Doesnt Nick have family over here? Stay with them. Your whole car usually crashes together.

Just come and have fun. That's what this US about

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Is this gonna be apex or unity stagelist?

Aka

Brinstar/rc legal or no?

Or are we gonna vote for apex stagelist or unity stagelist?

NEVERMIND.

Just read OP

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't see how that adds to anything I said but ok.
You feel mk being not legal in singles will detract from the value of your participation in singles. But you don't really lose (let alone face...it's florida) to metaknights in bracket. So how does the distinction of mk ban/not ban affect your choice to enter? Morals? I'm just curious cuz i don't understand why ppl in general that aren't mk mains decide not to enter based on that alone.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I could understand someone like you or mvd feeling that way. It's entirely diff. when i see a mid-level player feel that way as in fl they don't even reach to that far to get to play the metaknight(s) that matter most of the time. So as a lower level player why would the distinction matter? Your goal should be just getting better and making it that far so no matter the event you can start to advance on the top players of Fl.

Just my two cents.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its about his beliefs that MK shouldnt be banned for his reasons. Not about him actually playing any MKs

the size of the singles tourney will directly affect if i enter or not

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
its about his beliefs that MK shouldnt be banned for his reasons. Not about him actually playing any MKs

the size of the singles tourney will directly affect if i enter or not
You feel mk being not legal in singles will detract from the value of your participation in singles. But you don't really lose (let alone face...it's florida) to metaknights in bracket. So how does the distinction of mk ban/not ban affect your choice to enter? Morals? I'm just curious cuz i don't understand why ppl in general that aren't mk mains decide not to enter based on that alone.
K, i figured. I was just curious.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Start to advance on the top players of FL? How about you ask them top players how I am against them first before you question my ability.

Anyhow, I'm an old school player. Other than playing because it's fun to me, I play for the joy of overcoming obstacles. However when things are being made easier for me, because other players are not strong enough to compete under an MetaKnight legal environment, part of the luster is gone for me.

FGC didn't ban Phoenix or Wesker or Sentinel or Yun or Yang. They kept playing and the better players overcome. I wish the same for Brawl. Also, Japan has no intention of coming to the states in an MK Banned environment. Why would I want to compete in an environment that pushes away strong competition?

My two cents.

Edit: Just to clarify, my earlier post said that I'm kinda not motivated to enter singles. I didn't distinctively say I wouldn't enter.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Start to advance on the top players of FL? How about you ask them top players how I am against them first before you question my ability.

Anyhow, I'm an old school player. Other than playing because it's fun to me, I play for the joy of overcoming obstacles. However when things are being made easier for me, because other players are not strong enough to compete under an MetaKnight legal environment, part of the luster is gone for me.

FGC didn't ban Phoenix or Wesker or Sentinel or Yun or Yang. They kept playing and the better players overcome.

My two cents.
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. If you aren't winning you can't really say you're advancing on the top players.
Not gonna turn this into a mk ban debate. As that was not my intended direction at all lol.
Thanks for responding. My curiosity is satiated.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I know at "Come to Papa" There was a Amateur Singles Tournament. Will there be one at this? If so, I will enter it :D!!!!

I know it isn't written in the post but I was just curious.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I know at "Come to Papa" There was a Amateur Singles Tournament. Will there be one at this? If so, I will enter it :D!!!!

I know it isn't written in the post but I was just curious.
You have to enter regular bracket to make it into amateur :laugh:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
ohhh. how long do these kind of tournaments last? Cause I would think they would end early and like the rest of the time was for the other tourneys(teams) and friendlies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's in the OP. They usually are done by 10 or 11. Usually. It can go later though. Not usually earlier than that...

And teams is first.

Then singles.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. If you aren't winning you can't really say you're advancing on the top players.
Do you even know what the word progression means? You're making it seem like I'm pledging for a PR/Top 5 spot or something. Yes, I can say I'm advancing because before I wasn't doing **** against them. Now, I'm either last hit or beating them. I could name you all the players I've beat but that doesn't matter to me and I see that as a douchebag thing to do. Also, you fail to realize that I don't have much chances to "advance" myself. The only time I have access to this game is at tourneys meaning unlike other players, my tourney matches are my practice. I should be getting 0-2'd due to my overreliance of technical skill over matchup knowledge (I have none by the way) but I'm not because my skill level is good enough to carry me over such a weakness.

With all that being said, I don't really care about my status concerning this game. If I didn't love this community so much, I would've been gone by now and just go to where my true heart lies. I think we all know where that is.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Do you even know what the word progression means? You're making it seem like I'm pledging for a PR/Top 5 spot or something. Yes, I can say I'm advancing because before I wasn't doing **** against them. Now, I'm either last hit or beating them. I could name you all the players I've beat but that doesn't matter to me and I see that as a douchebag thing to do. Also, you fail to realize that I don't have much chances to "advance" myself. The only time I have access to this game is at tourneys meaning unlike other players, my tourney matches are my practice. I should be getting 0-2'd due to my overreliance of technical skill over matchup knowledge (I have none by the way) but I'm not because my skill level is good enough to carry me over such a weakness.

With all that being said, I don't really care about my status concerning this game. If I didn't love this community so much, I would've been gone by now and just go to where my true heart lies. I think we all know where that is.
Exactly. That just reinforces my point. With so few chances to play and train why would you deny the opportunity just cuz of something as trivial as mk. Though you already answered that and i understand the reasoning. Ik you don't care about brawl. There are few in fl who actually care like they use to.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
we all have our reasons why we think MK should/should not be banned, and our motivation to enter said events is dependent on that decision, for some of us

don't see why its even being questioned/a big deal

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's not a big deal lol. I was just curious cuz i've never understood it. Cuz that same idea is popping up all over swf.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It's not a big deal lol. I was just curious cuz i've never understood it. Cuz that same idea is popping up all over swf.
Sorry for making a big fuss over it but I have to go into detail whenever I discuss anything. The same way you're curious about my stance, the same way I'm curious how players can call themselves competitors and want to take the easy way out at the same time. However, while I don't understand that, I'm not gonna question it because it's not my place to do so. If players want to make it easy for them, then so be it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Sorry for making a big fuss over it but I have to go into detail whenever I discuss anything. The same way you're curious about my stance, the same way I'm curious how players can call themselves competitors and want to take the easy way out at the same time. However, while I don't understand that, I'm not gonna question it because it's not my place to do so. If players want to make it easy for them, then so be it.
Oh no, ik D. I wouldn't take any of your posts in a negative light lol. Just like i hope you know i never mean mine in a negative light. Ya, i can feel you on the easy way out tid-bit. For me, personally, it wouldn't matter the ruleset. Bar items at least, i'd play anyways cuz i'm actually committed to brawl as stupid as it sounds to some lol. I'm aiming high cuz i enjoy it and want to. So something like mk or no mk wouldn't make me not play. There's a large difference between SF and brawl though. SF you can be sure that patches are coming to help things along. Brawl will never have that. So you have to question it much more than in an endorsed game.

Hoping to play SfXt as well :)

Exdeath

Smash Master
MK being banned makes me want 2 doubles events.
I second this in seriousness.

Your goal should be just getting better and making it that far so no matter the event you can start to advance on the top players of Fl.
Why should he? From my perspective his slightly different goal has already taken him there.

FGC didn't ban Phoenix or Wesker or Sentinel or Yun or Yang. They kept patching and the better players overcome. I wish the same for Brawl.
Fixed for further accuracy and agreement.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
David,
I'm really sorry, but i'm going to have to skip this tournament.

I have extended fam flying in back home, and they wanna see me and i haven't seen them in a really REALLY long time.

So i have to be there Sat...

Exdeath

Smash Master
David,
I'm really sorry, but i'm going to have to skip this tournament.

I have extended fam flying in back home, and they wanna see me and i haven't seen them in a really REALLY long time.

So i have to be there Sat...
Go pick up milk at noon. Come back two hours later.

Top Bottom