• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level Lan Presents: Lovesick For Brawl - February 25th 2012

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
but isnt MK banned singles more free for you than MK legal singles? considering your only losses recently have been to david punberg

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this is true, but if i remember correctly david beats nick alot more than vise versa in singles. if it were back and forth like with you not sure if it would be as much of a concern

Shaky

Smash Ace
So I hear there's 2 Doubles events at this? GDX make it happen : )

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
MMing makes you better win or lose

:phone:
And so goes the ancient story passed down through the ages since before you or I existed in the world of competitive smash.

Really, though. If I wanted to get better by throwing my money away, I could just as easily get my tournament matches recorded and have them uploaded to Youtube/get them critiqued. Which is exactly what I'll do. But you would know that. You're a top Brawl player! ;)

Thanks for the offer, though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nope. one dubs and one singles

and lol why you asking me to make it happen I just made the thread scrubs

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
i'd play anyways cuz i'm actually committed to brawl as stupid as it sounds to some lol.
It's not stupid. The only reason I'm not committed is because playing lame is rewarded much more than playing skillful. Viper told me himself that he just zoned me out and that's his playstyle and that's Brawl. Seeing as I can't play outside of tourneys and I can't really practice MUs, I've more or less put Brawl on a backburner since I've done everything I deemed necessary with my character concerning technical skill.

FGC didn't ban Phoenix or Wesker or Sentinel or Yun or Yang. They kept patching and the better players overcome.
Fixed for further accuracy and agreement.
Ummmm...... no.....

FGC didn't ban Phoenix or Wesker or Sentinel or Yun or Yang. They kept playing and the better players overcome.
First of all, before I tear this post a new one, FGC doesn't patch the games. The developers do. It's not their fault their developers care about the community they cater to.

Also, you should've edited that quote a little more because you basically demeaned the better players that did overcome. Please tell me out of the hundreds of Phoenix players, how many of them (if you can name them that'd be great) did well in Vanilla MvC3 on a national scale outside of Jay Snider, Job Figueroa, Tinh Ngo, and Hajime Taniguchi? Please explain to me how despite how overpowered Yun and Yang were in Arcade Edition pre-2012 build, Justin Wong with Yang lost to an unknown player from the Dominican Republic and Daigo Umehara lost free to Poonkgo's Seth and Latif's Viper. Everything I'm referring to is pre-patch of their respective games.

Exdeath, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're trolling but I'm saying this just in case that if you're gonna troll me, please know your stuff first. I hate to expose good friends of mine.

to be fair yun was more broken then MK
America would've never known because we didn't unlock Yun (or Yang) here.

David,
I'm really sorry, but i'm going to have to skip this tournament.

I have extended fam flying in back home, and they wanna see me and i haven't seen them in a really REALLY long time.

So i have to be there Sat...
Dude, you don't even have to worry. Family is more important than anything so I understand bro.

You wish to get better and MMing makes you better win or lose

Any match makes me better. It could be a casual/friendly, a money match, or a tourney match and I'll be playing the same way regardless. It's unfortunate this mindset isn't carried by more players. The entire Brawl community could be in a better place if this were the case.

Exdeath

Smash Master
First of all, before I tear this post a new one, FGC doesn't patch the games. The developers do. It's not their fault their developers care about the community they cater to.

Also, you should've edited that quote a little more because you basically demeaned the better players that did overcome. Please tell me out of the hundreds of Phoenix players, how many of them (if you can name them that'd be great) did well in Vanilla MvC3 on a national scale outside of Jay Snider, Job Figueroa, Tinh Ngo, and Hajime Taniguchi? Please explain to me how despite how overpowered Yun and Yang were in Arcade Edition pre-2012 build, Justin Wong with Yang lost to an unknown player from the Dominican Republic and Daigo Umehara lost free to Poonkgo's Seth and Latif's Viper. Everything I'm referring to is pre-patch of their respective games.

Exdeath, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're trolling but I'm saying this just in case that if you're gonna troll me, please know your stuff first. I hate to expose good friends of mine.
I was half trolling, but I purposely left it more vague than you realized when you responded (although not as much as I meant to; e.g. I was actually thinking of the developers when I said "They," as it's a pretty big given). I didn't deny that players were able to overcome those characters, I simply pointed out that many player overcame those character after a patch/update/etc. in the same way that I would assume that many people who had difficulty playing against Ganondorf in Melee no longer had difficulty after the transition to Brawl. I'm not very knowledgeable of either scene or game, but I don't really have to be to point out something so obvious.

P.S. I don't mind being exposed. If it's true and I'm saying otherwise then admonish me for it and improve me.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's not stupid. The only reason I'm not committed is because playing lame is rewarded much more than playing skillful. Viper told me himself that he just zoned me out and that's his playstyle and that's Brawl. Seeing as I can't play outside of tourneys and I can't really practice MUs, I've more or less put Brawl on a backburner since I've done everything I deemed necessary with my character concerning technical skill
Lol glad you don't think so.

However, i have to disagree about this part. Apex was a prime example of how this ISN'T true. Maybe at the lower levels and/or in certain matchups. But for the overall picture i really find this statement to be downright false. I'm in the same position as you D. I only get to play with ryan. But i also don't have other fighters i'm doing so i could see why it's on the backburner for you.

About to get on that SfXt train though.

Just waiting for more money to come in:urg:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol yea what you talking about bro brawl is a lamefest

then again alot of fighting games have their lame moments. brawlers just take that **** to the extreme across all matchups, not just the necessary to be lame ones

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's freaking olimar. The character is literally BUILT around turtling.

I watched otori DESTROY ally's everything but wario first hand. I saw ramin's random *** aggro snake **** mike.

Lameness will never be > skill. M2k has lost to being outplayed b4 even when he plays lame.

The japanese came and **** on that. Even Leon's ridiculously aggro style did really well.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I can provide a counter video just as easily. Things we feel strongly against ALWAYS have a stronger presence in our minds.

Aka people will remember the lame times. But don't remember when they didn't work.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Personally, this is what i've been thinking.

I think each sub-region should hold it's own locals/fests on a regular basis.(meaning free or $5 entry) and others can travel if they wish. Then once every 2 months or every month we have a florida regional with higher entry where NO ONE else hogs attendance and get NFL,SFL, Tampa, and CFL at those LARGE tourneys. Awal and me were talking about finding sponsors if we can get ppl behind this idea. Alabama/Georgia would also come once in a while from what i hear. This would also let each sub-region build more of a player base and come large tourney time attendance would be even better and we can promote community growth. And at those large(r) tournies we should have other games/and/or side events imo.

:sonic:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Personally, this is what i've been thinking.

I think each sub-region should hold it's own locals/fests on a regular basis.(meaning free or $5 entry) and others can travel if they wish. Then once every 2 months or every month we have a florida regional with higher entry where NO ONE else hogs attendance and get NFL,SFL, Tampa, and CFL at those LARGE tourneys. Awal and me were talking about finding sponsors if we can get ppl behind this idea. Alabama/Georgia would also come once in a while from what i hear. This would also let each sub-region build more of a player base and come large tourney time attendance would be even better and we can promote community growth. And at those large(r) tournies we should have other games/and/or side events imo.

This is such a good idea. But Florida isn't motivated/organised enough to actually do this, imo. =[

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
This is such a good idea. But Florida isn't motivated/organised enough to actually do this, imo. =[
That's JUST the thing. With THAT set-up there isn't hardly any heavy moderating/super-hard work involved. Each region does it's own thing. And then come "that" time we have our regional with a higher payout. This would satisfy all the groups and get things going again. Not to mention we could add some FGC games or side events at the larger tourneys to help cover any door fee issues since it would attract more ppl. Ik me and awal would be willing to put in that bit of hard work IF SFL/NFL/FGCU/Tampa would just give the word that they'd get behind this. All the other work is just what we do already...staying in our area and going to our locals =/

@Ryan I've been sick ever since that party xD...

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I guess ill be making an appearance here. I'm pretty sure salty squad is taking teams here if we all go. ****s getting real.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Is anyone recording/uploading matches? I gotta show Ness boards some love since I haven't played in a while.

Top Bottom