• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

News from Gamestop: Demos sooner than you think.

S2

Smash Lord
If anyone is a GS employee, try to figure out which day your actually getting it in.

I need to take an extended lunch from work...

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
it's about time the demo came out......oh and am I the only one worried about having to fight off those jerks that keep playing eventhough their turn has ended =/

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
I tried emailing Gamestop about this demo rumor, and here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Currently we do not have information regarding stores having demo's for
Super Smash Brothers Brawl. This is still a possibility, as Nintendo
typically sends demo's of a product a week before the release of a game.
We can only recommend that you keep in contact with your local store for
more information.

Best Regards,
Valerie
Customer Service Agent

:urg:

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
To bad that we aren't able to get our own personal copy of the demo. I'd be gone for a few weeks. I think though that maybe the guy who emailed you back could be lying too though becasue Nintendo wants this whole thing under wraps so no one can spill anything on it.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
A friend called me up and said there's a good chance we'd be able to get our hands on our own copy of the demo to take back and play on our own Wiis. That would be great. :)

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I tried emailing Gamestop about this demo rumor, and here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Currently we do not have information regarding stores having demo's for
Super Smash Brothers Brawl. This is still a possibility, as Nintendo
typically sends demo's of a product a week before the release of a game.
We can only recommend that you keep in contact with your local store for
more information.

Best Regards,
Valerie
Customer Service Agent

:urg:
That's just an automatic e-mail. They don't really tell you much.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Probably true. Lots of people have called and if there worker called, said yes.

We may get Brawl earlier, too. I mean, playing a demo for a whole month?

But I can't wait to play a demo. I'll finally be able to play Brawl. *shiny anime eyes*

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
My gamestop will have a line out the door. All 4 of the ones near me are so small its crowded with just 7 people in the whole place

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
A friend called me up and said there's a good chance we'd be able to get our hands on our own copy of the demo to take back and play on our own Wiis. That would be great. :)
*gasp* is that true?! That would be awsome! I casually know the guys at Gamespot, too bad I don't have a game I want to get, though Halo 3 might be cheep.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
Called my gamestop...the grunt who picked up the phone had no clue when they would get the game demo in.
unfortunately Lavamage... u and i are in the same boat. :(
my friend said we know more about the game than they do. i dont have high hopes that we'll get it but ya never know.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who LIKES my Gamestop?! >.> I love the employees, they're so nice to me! Plus, they always have their demos updated and games in on time. I <3 my Gamestop. Oh, and it's never crowded. Usually, when I go, I'm the only one there. I can't wait for a demo, it'll probably be just me and the employees the whole day.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Sooo.... any news on when we can expect demos? The wait is killing me, knowing other people are playing right now...

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I haven't contacted my Gamestop other than to reserve the game. Usually I get automated messages when the game is delayed. I got a phone call when it was pushed back to February but not one for March yet. But mine is in a mall; no midnight release. Even though we do have a new Gamestop outside of the mall, maybe they'll have one...

I need to find out. A demo would be killer. I'd make a special trip just to try it out.

Torchik

Smash Ace
^_^ I'm so excited. I can't wait for it. I wonder if our demo will have different characters than the Japanese demo. Like with Jump Festa and E4A.

(Off topic: Do the computers in Brawl actually use most of the items? Cause it was really annoying in Melee when they ONLY went after pokeballs, hammers, and health items.)

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Word from Nintendo Rep: It's coming but they're not giving a date. Hopefully soon, but there's definitely a demo on the way.

Friend works Gamestop full time. So I'll be hounding him on it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Am I the only one who LIKES my Gamestop?! >.> I love the employees, they're so nice to me! Plus, they always have their demos updated and games in on time. I <3 my Gamestop. Oh, and it's never crowded. Usually, when I go, I'm the only one there. I can't wait for a demo, it'll probably be just me and the employees the whole day.
I used to love it. Then the management changed.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
I asked a local gamestop earlier this week on a demo and he said the nintendo rep will be coming in next week to put it in. I doubt it so soon, but maybe. I haven't heard from the nintnedo rep at my work. I'll be going to gamestop next week, If they get the demo I'll post some pics from my cell.

Hard Corwen

Smash Cadet
I just called my local gamestop and they said that they are going to have a tournament for the midnight launch.

It's official.

Top Bottom