• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

News from Gamestop: Demos sooner than you think.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Yes! I believe you! My Gamestop always seems to get things early and they have all the DS Download Stuff and demos. This rocks, they'll definetly have it. Perhaps I'll spend all day there playing it...>___>

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Some malls stores won't have midnight launches due to the high costs of after-close security.

And no tazing will be needed, i'm telling the truth. But don't misread what I said.

My manager has told me we could get in Brawl demos as early as next week.

COULD. AS EARLY.

Those are two things which must be taken into consideration. We could get them in next week, we could next month, or even a few days before release. But demos will come, for sure.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Wow, this landed my name on the front page of Brawl Central. :O

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated as I know more.

RiSHi

Smash Rookie
Better be happening in Virginia.

Actually @ AnusNinja, my gamestop (It's an outlet) said that i have to come there to get it and I cannot go to the one in the mall.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Seriously? How does it work? I have my recipt and kept it in a save spot until the game comes out so i could show proof that i pre-ordered the game.
You don't even need the receipt for preorders. Your name is in the system of the store you went to.

If you want to change where you pick it up, go to your store and let them know you want to do so. They'll be able to do it.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Better be happening in Virginia.

Actually @ AnusNinja, my gamestop (It's an outlet) said that i have to come there to get it and I cannot go to the one in the mall.
If you preordered it there, yes. Like I said earlier though, you can transfer preorders, you just have to talk to where you originally preordered from.

RiSHi

Smash Rookie
If you preordered it there, yes. Like I said earlier though, you can transfer preorders, you just have to talk to where you originally preordered from.
Ah, okay then.

Come on, I hope this is true. I will be Ike san and kick some ***'s ***.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
@ Blu-ninja: Displays.

@RiSHi: Adding "san" to Ike's name won't help the demos come faster.

I

i8waffles612

Oh god I hope so! Iwould go to the mall everyday to play it.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I've been wondering for a while when the brawl demo would come out. for a few weeks now, the local gamestop has had a plain case of melee as a cop-out for not having it, smash is pretty popular here. none the less, I hope this is true, so I can finally see how this game is :D

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
The only midnight launches I have at my gamestop was the one for world of warcraft, which is stupid because brawl will obviously be much better than any WoW game could hope to be.

Any way, I sure do hope you right!

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
thanks for all the info...anus ninja.
gah..feels like im insulting you.

you anus ninja.

hah...

were all aparently trusting you!
Haha, it's fine. My screen name from a long time ago was Ninjas_Kick_Anus, but I shortened it when I got XboxLive and it stuck ever since.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
The only midnight launches I have at my gamestop was the one for world of warcraft, which is stupid because brawl will obviously be much better than any WoW game could hope to be.

Any way, I sure do hope you right!
Over 10 million people play wow... i don't think that brawl will match that sadly.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Why does all this sounds soooo familliar? Guy works at EB/Gamestop, Ninty Rep comes and tells them info... It's like its done before....

Revven

FrankerZ
Why does all this sounds soooo familliar? Guy works at EB/Gamestop, Ninty Rep comes and tells them info... It's like its done before....
Did you even read the entire thread?... He presented proof that he works for Gamestop. Why do people refuse to read entire threads? Especially when they're only 6 pages long...

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
EB Games is Gamestop. So is Babbages. So is Rhino Games.

If any of those get it, don't be surprised.

M.K

Level 55
...All of the EB Games stores around me changed to Gamestop a while back. I hope the demo thing is true, even if it's a crappy demo, I'll take anything I can get right now!

S2

Smash Lord
I hope this is true.

My only worry is that perhaps your GS manager was told you guys were getting it, then Nintendo changes its mind.

Somehow that wouldn't surprise me.

Top Bottom