• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

News from Gamestop: Demos sooner than you think.

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I asked my manager what he knew about a demo and he said he never heard about a demo but there's supposed to be a tournament. Thing is he has no idea if it's a Brawl tournament or a Melee tournament. You gotta remember that we're not allowed to open the actual game until street date.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I also asked my local Best Buy about it, and they're going to have a playable demo sometime in the middle of this month.

Oh, and my local GameStop will also being having a midnight release with a tournament.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who LIKES my Gamestop?! >.> I love the employees, they're so nice to me! Plus, they always have their demos updated and games in on time. I <3 my Gamestop. Oh, and it's never crowded. Usually, when I go, I'm the only one there. I can't wait for a demo, it'll probably be just me and the employees the whole day.
I like mine too... but as far as updating demos goes, they really are not on top of it... they even said that chances are they weren't getting a demo, which seems a little conspicuous. They don't know if there is going to be a midnight launch for my store yet.

S2

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who LIKES my Gamestop?! >.> I love the employees, they're so nice to me! Plus, they always have their demos updated and games in on time. I <3 my Gamestop. Oh, and it's never crowded. Usually, when I go, I'm the only one there. I can't wait for a demo, it'll probably be just me and the employees the whole day.
The problem is that the level of customer service ranges from store to store.

There are two in my town, both are very friendly. The managers there make it worth going to.

Other Gamestops I hear aren't so lucky.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Holy ****!!I'm so calling my friend to confirm if the Gamestop he works at is having this event.o_O

Nope. The tourney will be the full game, but only with the starting roster, and whoever you unlock from that point. At least that's what I've been told.
Haha... man I was just trying to make a funny.
Oh well.... AHHHHHHHH
I just talked to the manager at the one next to my work AND THEY WILL HAVE IT FOR SURE!
I'm so amped! He told me straight to my face it would be sometime within the next two weeks!
I would bash my head on wall I'm so excited!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I haven't checked my gamestop yet. I'm a little pissed off at them for losing my reservation, but they do good when they aren't screwing up.

They're good with the demo stuff coming to the store, so they'll probably get a copy, maybe the full version at some point this month.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i just called my gamestop, where i used to work and my manager didn't know anything about any brawl demo ever coming.
so if there is a nationwide distribution, its not anytime too soon.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm...this IS great news, excpet I suspect we will have to use Wii Remotes to play the demos, so veteran players will have to waste a bit of time trying to get the feel for it. Maybe we can convince store owners to plug in GCN controllers?

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I've pre-ordered my copy of brawl at it would be awesome to play it before the actual release. Has anyone got a demo yet at their gamestop?

Mr.L

Smash Rookie
Since Japan had playable demos before the game came out it's only fitting that we should be able to play demos too, I hope gamestop has the demo.

monkeyfan1

Smash Rookie
awesome. gonna call my gamestop today.

i still think they should have just put the demo to download online, like they did with metroid.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i really dont think we'll be getting one. ive called my gss a couple times, usually after a week after, and the three around here have heard nothing about it.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
All of the GameStops in Virginia said that they weren't putting out Brawl demos so nobody would have an edge at the release Brawl tourney...

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
i've personally asked gamestops where i live in florida and also when i was on a trip in north carolina about brawl demo's and every gamestop said they werent getting one and if they were it wouldnt be until after release

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
My Gamestop is getting the demo by the end of the week, and is having a midnight release as well as hosting a tourney.

I am pleased.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i hope to sweet god it means all game stops...but if not theres only like 2 and half more weeks until the actual game. i can wait

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
My Gamestop is getting the demo by the end of the week, and is having a midnight release as well as hosting a tourney.

I am pleased.
Same here. Were having a tourney the day before the release as well as a midnight release. I don't know about the demo though.

Top Bottom