• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

News from Gamestop: Demos sooner than you think.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
I work at Gamestop, and whenever our store's Nintendo rep comes by (not too often), I try and mention Brawl demos and tourneys to her. The Gamestop "tourney" rumor about going to regionals, fighting at a main Gamestop in Texas, etc is merely a rumor; rather, my manager knows nothing of it, neither does my district manager. Your local Gamestop may hold a Brawl tournament/midnight launch, but it depends all on how many people reserved the game. Too little reserves, no midnight launch.

However, some good news. My manager spoke with the Nintendo rep, and his quote exactly:

"She told me she was getting some packages in, and that it couldn't be anything else than a Brawl demo. If that's the case, we'll have one in the store possibly next week!"

Next week, he said. NEXT WEEK. I was dumbfounded, and I doubt it, but my manager wouldn't just lie to me.

So, there is a good chance we will see American Brawl demos sooner than we think.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Sweet! You better not be lying!
Where do you live? I want to know how close you are to my Gamestop store. If you're far away, it'll probably be a good 2-3 weeks before my store gets demos...

Darkurai

Smash Master
I work at Gamestop, and whenever our store's Nintendo rep comes by (not too often),
Work at GameStop + Nintendo Rep mention = how most fake prophets start out.

Regardless, I really hope this is true.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Thats Awesome! I hope at least one of the Gamestop's near me gets it. I remember alot of them didn't get the Pokémon D/P demo until it came out for some reason.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
when i went to gamestop and asked if they were going to have a midnight launch they said NO, because it was on a sunday..... or something

but maybe cause i reserved it at a mall?

but i have heard nothing of a midhnight launch

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
This is great news if it applies to all Gamestops. For some reason though, I'm pretty sure that even if it is true, none of the gamestops in my area will have the demo anytime soon.

Ceraph

Smash Rookie
I work at a Gamestop as well, but have not had the chance to talk to our Nintendo rep in quite some time, however the store as a whole has been pushing this game to no end, and if I recall they got the Galaxy demo before or around its release, so the prospect of them getting it before launch isn't entirely out of the question; however next week does seem a bit soon. As far as the midnight release goes, it's much harder for stores in the mall to do them because... well it's in a mall and the mall security has to lock up, whereas a standalone store is just that, they don't have to worry about the stores around them. I don't know for sure if my store is doing a midnight opening, but we have 200+ reserves, so it seems pretty likely.

Also, do the employees a favor and don't go into the store, play brawl for 3 hours and leave. I know it's tempting, but stuff like that really gets on your nerves when a lot of people do it and you're 6 hours into an 8 hour shift

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Sweet! You better not be lying!
Where do you live? I want to know how close you are to my Gamestop store. If you're far away, it'll probably be a good 2-3 weeks before my store gets demos...
I live near Pensacola, FL.

Also, http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7186/dsc00537hf8.jpg

I work at Gamestop. >_> I wouldn't lie about that. I'm not lying, this is what my manager told me. I doubt the Nintendo rep is lying, either.

Like I said, I wouldn't doubt that America starts getting Brawl demos sometime soon. My manager said a week, but it seems too soon. Maybe after the Japanese release?

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Also, yeah, don't just go in there and play Brawl for hours on end, especially before close. It's a **** move. Just play a few rounds, then go. More people want to play it, and the people working want to close. Don't hold everyone up.

And I do hope that they come as soon as my manager said. Galaxy was a demo about a week or two before release, but Brawl could come sooner. I'm sure demos were ready before the delay.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I'm not really too surprised, if I was Nintendo I would get the demos up at least a month in advance. Smart decision on Gamestop's part to get the demos in this early. The demos will be displayed in Gamestops which will promote the game to people who already know what it is. The best thing though... it will tell people what Smash Bros. is! Hardly anyone in my high school has even heard of smash. Hopefully these demos will get more people to play Smash, and not think it's a little kid game.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Another thing (and i'm not just trying to help sales >_> ): GO RESERVE BRAWL.

The more reserves, the more likely for midnight launches, tourneys, demos, etc.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
That... IS AWESOME.

Unless you're wrong.

Then I shall be angry.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the Galaxy demo, it was the full game that got demoed.

Does that mean that'll be the case for Brawl? Well, considering how Galaxy got leaked a couple weeks before release, I'd think Nintendo would like to avoid that happening again.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Well, i'm not sure. I doubt it will be the full game, considering the demo units were supposed to be out already... except the delay ruined it.

Also, the soonest we get full Brawl discs is on March 6th, I believe - 3 days before Brawl's street date.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If this is true, let me pee my.... nevermind..... D:
But really! This is awesome! Next time i'm over at Gamestop i'll try a few battles :D

Don Tyrant

Smash Cadet
when i went to gamestop and asked if they were going to have a midnight launch they said NO, because it was on a sunday..... or something

but maybe cause i reserved it at a mall?

but i have heard nothing of a midhnight launch
the gamestop and gamecrazy by my house will have a midnight launch n i know da gamecrazy is having a tournament where da winner gets brawl 4 free, u know ill be there

Top Bottom