• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Made a thread for Proto Man (Mega Man) upon being surprised there wasn't one.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I noticed somebody made a support thread for Ark from Terranigma:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's a few more support threads: one for "Mario Classic" (aka 8-bit Mario), and one for Filia from Skullgirls.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Turns out Crazy Dave doesn't have a support thread yet, so I made one myself. Some help with this would be nice.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I don't know where to talk about this and didn't want to make a thread so I'm asking here. Can I take over the Dwight Fairfield support thread. The owner deleted themselves and I wanted to make it better.
going to call Dead by Daylight, DbD for short.

Who is Dwight?
Dwight Fairfield is one of the survivors from the hit game "Dead by Daylight". Described as a "Nervous Leader", Dwight is considered by many as the default survivor, and one of the 4 original survivors, also being the survivor you play in the survivor tutorial. (I think he is featured the most in trailers DbD has), And, if worth anything, he looks like Mathieu Cote, who is one of the more important devs on the game, and also memed a lot (he's doing a pretty good job so far).

What does he have going for him?
  • If Persona 5 Joker got in, then Dwight could've been considered. DbD came out before Persona 5, so if Persona 5 Joker got in, Dwight could've been considered.
  • Behaviour Interactive (the guys that made DbD) actually have a long history with Nintendo, may have miscounted, but if this site is true (Wikipedia), and I haven't miscounted, they made over 80 games for Nintendo platforms (if counting one game being on 2 Nintendo consoles as 2, and before they were behavior).
  • DbD is coming to the switch.
  • It's still popular and successful. If it wasn't successful I don't think they could've afford Ash from "Ash vs Evil Dead" as a survivor to be released.
  • Dwight would be unique, and there hasn't been anyone like him in Smash.

What does he have going against him?
  • He can't jump.
  • He can't jump.
  • I'm looking at you, Captain Toad.
  • He can't jump.
  • He doesn't have too many supporters, all the 3rd party fighters (with the exception of Richter) were heavily demanded and asked for in Smash.
  • Dwight isn't really a fighter.
  • Move set would be hard to implement.
Move set Concept:
Unique System: Exhaustion:
To remove exhaustion, you can only crouch or walk, you remove no exhaustion when running.
Unique System: Perks:
after you pick the costume, you see a list of perks (kinda like what it looks like when you select Mii Fighter, then you must pick the mii you would like to play, except you replace the miis with perks.
Here are some of the perks to be chosen:
  • Adrenaline: In the last 10 seconds of the game, Dwight's movement speed is increased by double for 3 seconds, and he is healed by 25%. Gains exhaustion for 40 seconds.
  • Prove Thyself (Team Battle Only Perk): Whenever a team mate is 6 meters (I guess, don't know Smash measurments) near you, you repair gens 10% faster.
  • Urban Evasion: Your crouch walking (oh, btw, Dwight can crouch walk) is as fast as your regular walking.
  • Sprint Burst: When Dwight runs, he moves twice his movement speed for 3 seconds, gains exhaustion for 40 seconds.
(Going to expand this further, but I want to get this done before bed time, so yea, will edit later)

Move set:
Up special: The Hatch:
A hatch spawns below Dwight, and he jumps in. You move a dot to spawn the next hatch in 2 seconds, then the second hatch spawns, you move the direction of the hatch, and Dwight pops out of it, he deals 5% damage.
Side Special: Vault:
Dwight fast vaults a window that appears out of nowhere, dealing 15% damage, and is a good recovery.
Neutral Special: Flashlight Blind:
Dwight takes out a flashlight, He can point it at any direction, does 5% damage each second, little knockback, lasts for 10 seconds. Must wait 6 seconds before using again.
Down Special: Gen Repair:
Dwight summons a gen, it takes 40 seconds to repair without a perk. He can get off it and get back on, but can't spawn another until he finishes what he started. Does 60% damage with decent knockback.

[/SPOILER]

If there are any suggestions, plz tell me, I don't know if I'm good at explaining this, have any questions, feel free to ask. And like I said earlier, I need to sleep, so I will finish this, in the very least, before the end of this week.
There are a lot of things I have a problem with. Can anyone tell me what I should do to take it over, or can I just not and it's going to stay this way?

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I made one lol:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know where to talk about this and didn't want to make a thread so I'm asking here. Can I take over the Dwight Fairfield support thread. The owner deleted themselves and I wanted to make it better.

There are a lot of things I have a problem with. Can anyone tell me what I should do to take it over, or can I just not and it's going to stay this way?
Is the user already gone or inactive entirely? As that's part of a reason to take over.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
You'll need any Moderator(that's in the right area) or an Admin to move an old post of yours that is before the first post of that thread to take it over.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't know what that means. My best guess is that you mean I have to remove an old post of mine that took place before that thread to take it over, if that's the case my account didn't even exist until after that thread was made so I can't do it.

Because I'm dumb and don't know how this works, plus my life getting more busy lately I'm just gonna stop. Thanks for helping out, even if I decided not to.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm gonna be honest, I don't know what that means. My best guess is that you mean I have to remove an old post of mine that took place before that thread to take it over, if that's the case my account didn't even exist until after that thread was made so I can't do it.

Because I'm dumb and don't know how this works, plus my life getting more busy lately I'm just gonna stop. Thanks for helping out, even if I decided not to.
Yeah, you pretty much got the gist of it.

That said, you can start a new thread as well and the old one can be locked. At least, that's what I remember for how it works with the current system in place. Things may have changed since I last was a mod. I'll call one in here; NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Thread is locked. Make a new one if you please.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I didn't see the Sol Badguy thread on the list, so I figured I'd share it:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Gotta Destiny 2 Character Support Thread

Also found this John Marston one

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Darkest Dungeon General Content Support Thread

ps pls play this game i need more peeps to geek over it with 🥺
If it's any solace, someone made this:
You can geek out in the comments section at the bottom of the page, provided you have a wiki account (Which really isn't that hard to make). You can also hit 'em up in the site's Discord, but if you do so, there's something you should keep in mind:
1606008423983.png

Yeah, I just hopped in here to plug Fantendo. No , I don't have any shame. Keep scrollin'.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If it's any solace, someone made this:
You can geek out in the comments section at the bottom of the page, provided you have a wiki account (Which really isn't that hard to make). You can also hit 'em up in the site's Discord, but if you do so, there's something you should keep in mind:
View attachment 292448
Yeah, I just hopped in here to plug Fantendo. No , I don't have any shame. Keep scrollin'.
Man, it feels like AGES since I last heard of Fantendo. Some of those ideas would make real good games, not gonna lie...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Depends. Who's remixing the main theme?

If you want a serious answer, though, I was thinking something like this could have potential:

Anything for Smash Ultimate x Dragalia Lost?
You mean from Fantendo or in general?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It says 404 but did it originally say EVERYONE IS HERE and/or a story mode that resembled WoL?

cuz if so, bruh fantendo has some prophets and/or time travelers in there
That's odd, the page still exists. Maybe it's an issue with the url. For context, it's this thing:

No, you are not hallucinating.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's odd, the page still exists. Maybe it's an issue with the url. For context, it's this thing:

No, you are not hallucinating.
I was viewing on mobile and it wouldn’t show the full URL

The darkest dungeon page also advised against mobile view

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I was viewing on mobile and it wouldn’t show the full URL

The darkest dungeon page also advised against mobile view
Probably the recent UCP changes. Those are decidedly not ideal and everyone on the site is miffed beyond belief, myself included.

Though, the Darkest Dungeon one is pretty code-heavy so I doubt it would've worked well on mobile regardless.

UserKev

Smash Champion
New support thread for Johnny Gat (Saints Row)

Top Bottom