• Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Guynamednelson

Smash Hero
Premium
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Forgot to post this here:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think there might be two Deoxys threads because I just gave support to one I just saw and I remember giving support to the Deoxys thread awhile back. I think there's two of them. I'll try to investigate and find the other thread.

I couldn't find it. But I could have sworn I gave support to the Deoxys thread before.

Last edited:

One-Winged Bagel

Suppernova
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It sounds to me like managing the newcomer directories is a chore. If you need help, I could assist in brooming up newcomers, though it would really only be meager aid since I am not so seasoned with navigation.
If you find threads, linking 'em is helpful. If anybody sees a duplicate, absolutely post it here and it'll be very easy to take care of.

I appreciate all the help.

It's not really so much of a chore as not a hard focus. I do a lot of things. But I took responsibility for this thread and decided to not relinquish it to another mod. Besides, the other mods do a lot of other stuff and it's not that hard of a thread. If anything, the hardest part would be fixing any kind of series designation. Like making sure Pokemon is spelled as Pokémon or changing Mario to Super Mario. For the most part, I keep it simple. Plus, one has to look at the full picture. For instance, look at the Pauline thread. Is the character being based upon the idea they're from Donkey Kong or Mario? And that's one of the few examples where it can be an issue. Shy Guy is another. Mario or Yoshi? It's important to understand where the thread owner is coming from. I can safely say that's the only thing I'd treat as a chore. :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There was also two Marine Liteyears threads. I remember because I use to casually visit the first one and some dude created another. I don't know if the second one is lock yet, but I'll look into it right now.

Found them One-Winged Bagel One-Winged Bagel :

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Journeyman
If you find threads, linking 'em is helpful. If anybody sees a duplicate, absolutely post it here and it'll be very easy to take care of.

I appreciate all the help.

It's not really so much of a chore as not a hard focus. I do a lot of things. But I took responsibility for this thread and decided to not relinquish it to another mod. Besides, the other mods do a lot of other stuff and it's not that hard of a thread. If anything, the hardest part would be fixing any kind of series designation. Like making sure Pokemon is spelled as Pokémon or changing Mario to Super Mario. For the most part, I keep it simple. Plus, one has to look at the full picture. For instance, look at the Pauline thread. Is the character being based upon the idea they're from Donkey Kong or Mario? And that's one of the few examples where it can be an issue. Shy Guy is another. Mario or Yoshi? It's important to understand where the thread owner is coming from. I can safely say that's the only thing I'd treat as a chore. :)
So is it simply a matter of running into newcomer support threads and comparing them with entries in the directory? And if I find a duplicate thread subject, should I let the owner know about its non-original status before linking it to a notification post?

One-Winged Bagel

Suppernova
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So is it simply a matter of running into newcomer support threads and comparing them with entries in the directory? And if I find a duplicate thread subject, should I let the owner know about its non-original status before linking it to a notification post?
I suggest posting all the links here and tagging each owner. First come first serve generally is the rule, but there's going to be cases where people relinquish the thread anyway.

And yeah. Best to do it that way, like you suggested. :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
slambros slambros and scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce we got two Marina Liteyears threads here:

Which one of y'all wants it? The rules are the first one who claimed it calls dibs, but if the original thread owner wants to step down they can.

Doc Monocle

Smash Journeyman
I suggest posting all the links here and tagging each owner. First come first serve generally is the rule, but there's going to be cases where people relinquish the thread anyway.

And yeah. Best to do it that way, like you suggested. :)
In that case, is it alright if I note the page location of this post to return to? If so, I shall add anything I see that is not in the directory under the heading New ; and duplicates, under Redundant...

New:
Illidan/Sarah Kerrigan (Warcraft/Starcraft) One-Winged Bagel One-Winged Bagel

Redundant:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for double posting, but I just made a support thread for Mumbo Jumbo:

Gengar84

Smash Journeyman
I was considering making a villain general support thread since so many characters I want happen to be villains. I figured it made more sense to make one general thread than a separate one for each character that might not get enough support on their own. Either that or a Blizzard general support thread but I kind of doubt there would be enough interest in that one considering how my Ilidan and Kerrigan support threads went. Are these too broad of topics to make a support thread for?

Pokelego999

Smash Lord
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
I was considering making a villain general support thread since so many characters I want happen to be villains. I figured it made more sense to make one general thread than a separate one for each character that might not get enough support on their own. Either that or a Blizzard general support thread but I kind of doubt there would be enough interest in that one considering how my Ilidan and Kerrigan support threads went. Are these too broad of topics to make a support thread for?
These are fine, there's plenty in the main list.

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
slambros slambros and scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce we got two Marina Liteyears threads here:

Which one of you y'all wants it? The rules are the first one who claimed it calls dibs, but if the original thread owner wants to step down they can.
eh it doesn't say anything soon why not

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I run 2 support threads and 1 general thread so you can do both. And no, those ain't too broad for general threads.

eh it doesn't say anything soon why not
You going to have to talk to slambros slambros about if he wants to keep the original thread or not. If he gives it to you, you can only become the thread owner if you have a post older than the OP. It's weird, but it's how this site works.

slambros

Smash Ace
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Master

Another new Backyard Sports character thread, this time for Maria Luna.

chocolatejr9

Smash Champion
Well, I went and made my first ever support thread! It's a general thread for the Disgaea series:

Top Bottom