• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Forgot to post this here:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think there might be two Deoxys threads because I just gave support to one I just saw and I remember giving support to the Deoxys thread awhile back. I think there's two of them. I'll try to investigate and find the other thread.

I couldn't find it. But I could have sworn I gave support to the Deoxys thread before.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It sounds to me like managing the newcomer directories is a chore. If you need help, I could assist in brooming up newcomers, though it would really only be meager aid since I am not so seasoned with navigation.
If you find threads, linking 'em is helpful. If anybody sees a duplicate, absolutely post it here and it'll be very easy to take care of.

I appreciate all the help.

It's not really so much of a chore as not a hard focus. I do a lot of things. But I took responsibility for this thread and decided to not relinquish it to another mod. Besides, the other mods do a lot of other stuff and it's not that hard of a thread. If anything, the hardest part would be fixing any kind of series designation. Like making sure Pokemon is spelled as Pokémon or changing Mario to Super Mario. For the most part, I keep it simple. Plus, one has to look at the full picture. For instance, look at the Pauline thread. Is the character being based upon the idea they're from Donkey Kong or Mario? And that's one of the few examples where it can be an issue. Shy Guy is another. Mario or Yoshi? It's important to understand where the thread owner is coming from. I can safely say that's the only thing I'd treat as a chore. :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There was also two Marine Liteyears threads. I remember because I use to casually visit the first one and some dude created another. I don't know if the second one is lock yet, but I'll look into it right now.

Found them Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth :

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
If you find threads, linking 'em is helpful. If anybody sees a duplicate, absolutely post it here and it'll be very easy to take care of.

I appreciate all the help.

It's not really so much of a chore as not a hard focus. I do a lot of things. But I took responsibility for this thread and decided to not relinquish it to another mod. Besides, the other mods do a lot of other stuff and it's not that hard of a thread. If anything, the hardest part would be fixing any kind of series designation. Like making sure Pokemon is spelled as Pokémon or changing Mario to Super Mario. For the most part, I keep it simple. Plus, one has to look at the full picture. For instance, look at the Pauline thread. Is the character being based upon the idea they're from Donkey Kong or Mario? And that's one of the few examples where it can be an issue. Shy Guy is another. Mario or Yoshi? It's important to understand where the thread owner is coming from. I can safely say that's the only thing I'd treat as a chore. :)
So is it simply a matter of running into newcomer support threads and comparing them with entries in the directory? And if I find a duplicate thread subject, should I let the owner know about its non-original status before linking it to a notification post?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So is it simply a matter of running into newcomer support threads and comparing them with entries in the directory? And if I find a duplicate thread subject, should I let the owner know about its non-original status before linking it to a notification post?
I suggest posting all the links here and tagging each owner. First come first serve generally is the rule, but there's going to be cases where people relinquish the thread anyway.

And yeah. Best to do it that way, like you suggested. :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
slambros slambros and scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce we got two Marina Liteyears threads here:

Which one of y'all wants it? The rules are the first one who claimed it calls dibs, but if the original thread owner wants to step down they can.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I suggest posting all the links here and tagging each owner. First come first serve generally is the rule, but there's going to be cases where people relinquish the thread anyway.

And yeah. Best to do it that way, like you suggested. :)
In that case, is it alright if I note the page location of this post to return to? If so, I shall add anything I see that is not in the directory under the heading New ; and duplicates, under Redundant...

New:
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , Dolph63 Dolph63 ... Evil Mani Mani Statue (Mother)

Redundant:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for double posting, but I just made a support thread for Mumbo Jumbo:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I was considering making a villain general support thread since so many characters I want happen to be villains. I figured it made more sense to make one general thread than a separate one for each character that might not get enough support on their own. Either that or a Blizzard general support thread but I kind of doubt there would be enough interest in that one considering how my Ilidan and Kerrigan support threads went. Are these too broad of topics to make a support thread for?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I was considering making a villain general support thread since so many characters I want happen to be villains. I figured it made more sense to make one general thread than a separate one for each character that might not get enough support on their own. Either that or a Blizzard general support thread but I kind of doubt there would be enough interest in that one considering how my Ilidan and Kerrigan support threads went. Are these too broad of topics to make a support thread for?
These are fine, there's plenty in the main list.

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
slambros slambros and scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce we got two Marina Liteyears threads here:

Which one of you y'all wants it? The rules are the first one who claimed it calls dibs, but if the original thread owner wants to step down they can.
eh it doesn't say anything soon why not

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I run 2 support threads and 1 general thread so you can do both. And no, those ain't too broad for general threads.

eh it doesn't say anything soon why not
You going to have to talk to slambros slambros about if he wants to keep the original thread or not. If he gives it to you, you can only become the thread owner if you have a post older than the OP. It's weird, but it's how this site works.

slambros

Smash Ace
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Another new Backyard Sports character thread, this time for Maria Luna.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I went and made my first ever support thread! It's a general thread for the Disgaea series:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I made a support thread for Agent 47, from Hitman.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Made a new thread! It's for Ichiban Kasuga, latest protagonist of the Yakuza series.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's an interesting support thread I found: the Evil Mani Mani Statue from Earthbound.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
I made a thread! :)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After discussion among the mods/admins, a new Geno thread has been opened. I'll add it to the directory.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really sure how this works but could I possibly take over the Silver the Hedgehog support thread? Creator Mastermiine Mastermiine hasn't been online since March of last year, and Silver happens to be my most wanted Sonic character.
If you contact the moderation, and have a post before his first post that can be transferred to the thread, it's possible. Otherwise, you can make a new thread too.

Yeah, him not being online at all is kind of odd.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I made a character thread for THE Warrior of Light who originated from Dissidia Final Fantasy:

I've written a pretty extensive overview to let people know this isn't just one of the 4 random people from Final Fantasy I.

Who is the Warrior of Light?

The common answer would be the nameless heroes of the original Final Fantasy, the Heroes of Light who struck down Garland, his four fiends, the almighty evil of Chaos, and closer of the eternal time loop that resurrected Garland.
However...
That is merely a small part of the Warrior of Light's identity, and the character I speak of today is not one of the four heroes of Final Fantasy, but rather the original character created for Dissidia Final Fantasy. Later on his life, he would travel to the world of Final Fantasy and begin his adventure there, but before that, his story begins in Dissidia.

The Warrior of Light was not born as a man, but rather is a manikin created from Cid of the Lufaine. Soulless and without purpose, he was placed into "World B," a world of conflict, one between Cosmos, the goddess of harmony, and Chaos, the god of discord. Unlike his peers, he was not drawn into this world, rather he originated from it. This world's war however does not have an end however; after a victor is decided, the dragon Shinryu takes everyone's memories for himself and restores the dead, effectively continuing a cycle of perpetual violence. The nameless warrior is taken to Cosmos and she in turn bestowed him with power in exchange for becoming her champion. As a champion of Cosmos, he battles through a eleven cycles of warfare, though it would always end in her defeat.

During the twelfth cycle, the war once again favored Chaos's, this time thanks to an army of manikins, an unending spring of military might. The Warrior of Light, realizing that this war was unwinnable, turned his blade against his own allies, putting them to sleep for the next cycle. He had realized the reality of his cyclical world and accepted defeat preemptively knowing that the next cycle would possibly grant him the opportunity to succeed and end the cycle. His onslaught leaves Cosmos's forces crippled to only a few warriors. Said survivors dedicate themselves to stopping the flood of manikins and closing the rift from which they appear. They succeed though at the cost of their lives, exhausted to the point they cannot return to the next cycle. The Warrior of Light stays behind to protect Cosmos from the manikin army, though she sacrifices herself to save him. After her defeat, Shinryu once again takes his soul to renew the cycle, though this time now with a chance to end it once and for all.

In the thirteenth cycle, Cosmos tasks him with finding one of many crystals that may defeat Chaos and end the conflict. After cutting through Chaos's forces he faces Garland who tells him the cycle from which they are trapped. They duel and the Warrior prevails, gaining his crystal. He returns to Cosmos with the rest of the champions who each have their own crystals, however Chaos teleports everyone into his realm. With Cosmos in the palm of his hand, he incinerates her, killing her once again. However, the heroes of light do not fade. Unbenownst to them, Cosmos had imbued the crystals with every last bit of her light, making it so that she could not be revived, but the heroes would remain. Thus, the cycle had ended, with Chaos as the ultimate victor and his will was the complete destruction of the universe, leaving only chaotic nothingness behind. Cosmos's remaining forces were determined to end the destiny they were given. With the crystals, they open a portal to Chaos's Shrine and slay him, putting a definitive end to the world's conflict.

Shinryu, with no memories to feed on anymore, returns everyone to World A, the original world where Cid of Lufaine originated. Then, each of the heroes returns to their own timelines- everyone, except for the Warrior of Light. With nowhere to go, he walks forward to a castle in the distance, setting the stage for the original Final Fantasy, where he would fight Garland, save the princess, defeat the fiends, and end yet another time-loop.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Idon Idon I slightly changed the list for what game series it's from to note Dissidia, so it's not confused with the Warriors of Light support thread, which is the FF1 characters. It's funny, cause they're both similar character setups, just from different games. Kind of like how OOT and ALTTP Ganon support threads would be. XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Why do I feel like I saw another similar thread? Either way, how do you want me to label them? Pac Ghosts? All 4 names in a row(alphabetically)?

(For the record, you don't need to tag me. I check the thread from time to time. You can easily just post the link. I'll only be auto-tagged when you quote me)
I am actually surprised that I have never seen a support thread for these V.I.P.s! If you would place their names alphabetically in a row, I would appreciate it (it might flow better if Clyde came last, but that is up to you). Thank you!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am actually surprised that I have never seen a support thread for these V.I.P.s! If you would place their names alphabetically in a row, I would appreciate it (it might flow better if Clyde came last, but that is up to you). Thank you!
Actually, that reminds me. Aren't they referred to in a very specific order, the one in your link? I can do that too. I'm not that picky~

Top Bottom