• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I had this sinking feeling either Geno or Sora fans will be left disappointed today and I called it today. Every new wave of Mii Costumes we do get a "big" or "talked about" character unconfirmed and those two made the most sense.

But IMO a Mii Costume is much better representation than other characters who don't even get acknowledged in Smash at all.

D

Deleted member

bruh I can't believe they wasted no time and went straight to the Mii Costume lineup at the start. I was in the shower and tuned in to Maximillian Dood's stream 2 minutes after the broadcast started with chat yelling RIP GENO during an ad roll.

It's very fascinating that Seph's gimmick is being a playable boss character with the boss rush classic mode and his moveset in general, and I'm still left wondering how he wasn't the 2nd to last character on Vol 2 with everything going on.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Finally some freaking Nomura art. And i thought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was our last hope for that.

So yeah, with that clarification about music, i know believe Square is not terribly hard to work with but because of how they actually give the rights to the people that create their stuff, getting the rights for those parts for crossovers makes it more complicated to get the whole thing. That and couple with Smash 4 DLC being relatively low budget and no wonder Cloud barely got a thing there.

Though i wonder why he was in such a bare state at launch

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Fantastic presentation. I feel bad for Geno fans though.

The spirit board looks like the biggest one from all DLC characters! I'd have liked to have Birth of a God among the music selection, but I'm not gonna complain.

I'm also curious if they have changed Cloud's fighter spirit. Probably not but that would be a nice touch.

D

Deleted member

If I beat Sephiroth on Easy, will I unlock him?

Don't worry, I will beat him on Very Hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
The website updated. These are the news items that are on there right now:
2106 Software update available: Ver. 10.0.0
2107 Sephiroth Challenger Pack now available for purchase!
2108 Fighters Pass Vol. 2 available for purchase! (Content update ③)

That's it for now, it seems like we'll have to wait a bit before we can find out the internal numbers for the Mii Costumes.

Edit: I just turned on my Switch and saw the news popup for the Sephiroth Challenge, I can't find it on the website right now, but it's probably the missing 2109 event.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, if we are still talking Geno, I am not upset at what happened. Still, I am beginning to think Sakurai lost interest in him being put into Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom