• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Only remaining missing third party mii costumes

Monster Hunter (Rathalos armor)
Monster Hunter (Kirin armor)
Lloyd

3 characters left to go
Predictions: All Monster Hunter Miis don't get upgraded. Dante is the next Smash fighter. Some JRPG sword fighter comes with Lloyd who isn't from Square. Maybe Rex?

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I assume the challenge unlocks the character and not the entire pack (stage, music, spirits, etc)?

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
Really happy with the pack! Sephy's moveset looks like fun, the stage is amazing, and we got more than 2 songs! Unfortunate that Geno is out, but I already had a strong feeling this would happen, so it doesn't sting too hard.

UndonePuzzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfLayton001
Hoping to get more than one victory screen! What we've got is absolutely magnificent, but I'd like to see him in other poses before he walks off.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so are we able to kill Sephiroth on 6 PM ET???

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
-Tifa, Barret, Aerith, the Chocobos and Geno make it as Mii Costumes
-Amazing looking stage
-Fun as hell looking play style
-****ING MEGAFLARE AS A SPECIAL MOVE
-Supernova looking amazing
-Unique Boss event that lets you play him and play against him early
-Awesome and unique classic mode
-ACTUAL FINAL FANTASY MUSIC!!!!
-A victory screen that is a thing of beauty

.....Terry officially has competition for the best DLC newcomer. This was phenomenal.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
dunno if we complain enough we might get it as a standalone thing
I want to believe, but I don't think that's happening, unfortunately. It seems like Sakurai's relatively happy to toss the Boss Rush as Sephiroth's classic mode and call it day.

Granted, it's not really like Brawl's Boss Rush either, given that you're automatically recovering health between rounds and it looks like the bosses themselves are quite nerfed relative to their final battles/battles in WoL, but it's honestly better than having to play WoL's final stage to do a Boss Rush.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd and the Monster Hunter Mii Costumes are the only ones left. I think they will come back with characters that have something in common with them, like maybe something like a Capcom character comes with the Monster Hunter costumes or Lloyd shows up accompanying a swordsman.

Or both those costumes return at the same time with a Capcom character that also happens to be a red swordsman like Lloyd.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, Sephiroth is probably one of the best addition to Ultimate. Sad that Electric the Chocobo and Gold Saucer aren't in but hey, it's nice that Sakurai was open about the copyright problems (Let the "Square is stingy" meme die now.)

Just don't make his Spirit Board too barren and we're golden.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Needless to say I was surprised that they revealed the Mii costumes so early in the presentation. I guess that way people who just wanted to see those wouldn't need to sit through the entire stream.

Welp, here goes my condolences for Geno fans. They couldn't even get a deluxe version of the mii costume. Like, I've never really wanted Geno, but I can still feel the pain of his fans. They're about to be clowned and humiliated by the Smash community even more than they already do.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
4 FINAL FANTASY REMIXES

WE WENT FROM 2 STRAIGHT RIPS TO 11 SONGS WITH 4
REMIXES

Beyond that, Sephiroth Challenge is absolutely the coolest post-release thing they have done with Ultimate. Such a fun, unique idea for a shadowdrop.

(RIP Geno, I never cared that much but you would’ve been neat)

PacificFun

Smash Ace
-Tifa, Barret, Aerith, the Chocobos and Geno make it as Mii Costumes
-Amazing looking stage
-Fun as hell looking play style
-****ING MEGAFLARE AS A SPECIAL MOVE
-Supernova looking amazing
-Unique Boss event that lets you play him and play against him early
-Awesome and unique classic mode
-ACTUAL FINAL FANTASY MUSIC!!!!

.....Terry officially has competition for the best DLC newcomer. This was phenomenal.
From a vaule standpoint, I still feel like Terry's wins by a landslide. One of the craziest stages in the game and a whole godamn soundtrack, for $6.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
It honestly says something about how successful Smash Ultimate is when even with all the weird legal hurdles for FF7, all it took was a second character to give it proper representation in the game and finally have FF7 stand up to par with the other franchises content.

That actually makes me a bit happy to see, in all honesty.

blackghost

Smash Champion
No, Nomura owns the game's artwork. Max isn't a good source because as much as I like his content, even have his latest Power Rangers video up as we speak, he's not a source, especially when he says **** like "Mortal Kombat's banned in Japan". It sounds like an excuse made to justify why the IP hasn't gotten anything new as the actual reason, surprisingly low sales, isn't seen as a good answer
mortal kombat HAS been banned in japan before. dont know if it currently is. i know it wasnt on steam in japan for 11. with cero ratings its is very possible it nis still banned

and yes crono issues are almost strictly related to copyrights and licensing. Sakurai even referenced how hard getting FF music is in this demonstration. that was just music let alone the actual characters.

D

Deleted member

So, when are we able to fight Sephiroth? I know in twenty minutes, but what time? Will I have to update my game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom