• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Maybe they just haven’t caught up with posts? It is Christmas season and Steve came out less than two months ago. Idk.
That could also be why he doesn’t come with any costumes tbh... maybe they will come separately as they were trying to push out Seph before Christmas?

D

Deleted member

You realize that the goal of a PreeMiiums is that the mii 100% look like the character right?
How in your right mind you have a Mii get the hum...Quite surprising physicial feats of 2B.

Alongside not gettting censored by the meanie at CERO
They could just put more clothing over the gaps.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
PreMiiums are Miis that look like the actual character rather than just a costume. That would be Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy, and Bomberman. Usually-But not always-They have an extra bonus, like a song or alternate colors. Generally, they veer towards cartoony characters, due to the proportions.

At least, that's how I see it.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It's going by this site: https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/index.html

Pinshadow could likely explain it better, but basically, the URLs of the images for Mii costumes, characters, and other non-tournament events are numbered. To give an example, I looked up the images around the time of Terry's release.

Exclusive online offer before Terry's release: 051
Terry released: 052
Fighters pass available: 053
Ryo costume: 054
Nakoruru costume: 055
Iori costume: 056
Akira costume: 057
Jackie costume: 058
Version 6.0.0 update: 061
Version 6.1.0 update: 065
Version 6.1.1 update: 066
Photo contest: 068
Exclusive online offer before Byleth's release: 069

(59 or 60 was likely "Version 6.0.0 coming soon", which gets removed from the site once the update actually comes out)

The latest exclusive offer is 110, and the previous numbered event is 103 (the Mario photo contest). (Steve's announcements were 102 and earlier, so the numbers aren't in chronological order) That seems to indicate that Sephiroth's announcements are number 104-109, which doesn't leave room for much if that's the case (it could be 111 and up, but then there's a big inexplicable gap between 103 and 110) - Sephiroth released, the version 10.0.0 update, and the Fighters Pass Available messages take up three of those six spots, and if there's a "Version 10.0.0 update coming soon! Your replays won't work!" notification (which there generally is), that's another spot taken up, leaving a whopping two spots for Mii costumes.
Just to correct/add some stuff, 60 was Version 6.0.0 coming soon, 59 was some weird tourney rule change notification. The previously numbered message wasn't actually 103, it was 105 from the version 9.0.2 update, I forgot there were two posts for when those updates were originally announced and they get removed after the update releases. So Sephiroth seems to come with only FOUR posts. Leaving room for only one DLC costume unless he isn't shadowdropped and comes with zero. If his batch of posts comes after 110, it leaves this (contextually) massive 4 post gap, which as someone who's been looking over the site for awhile is even stranger than the idea of Sephiroth coming with one costume.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The presentation's 35 minutes I'm not sure if they can go through the whole thing just talking about moveset and stage. I suppose if Sephiroth is complicated it could be reasonable but Steve's was 45 minutes and had whole new gameplay mechanics and Mii costumes to talk about.

We will see I feel like there will be something extra to talk about at least.
Min min was also 35 minutes and there was nothing really special. He talked a bit of the pandemic and his home at the begining, but it was a regular gameplay and stage presentation.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Maybe they just haven’t caught up with posts? It is Christmas season and Steve came out less than two months ago. Idk.
That could also be why he doesn’t come with any costumes tbh... maybe they will come separately as they were trying to push out Seph before Christmas?
I'd consider this, but the past 8 character releases all had their posts released as one giant batch, if they hadn't caught up with posts yet, they would have just made the promotion message 106. The fact that it's 110 means that 106-109 are already in the system, and this isn't the first time this has happened either, same thing happened before Steve and Min Min (EDIT: Also happened with Joker) with other messages.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't think 2B is too much for a Mii, but it'd be odd to have her as a PreMiium. So far, those have only been over cartoony characters, most likely due to their proportions matching up better. In addition, the only ones to actually bring a song have been indies, most likely due to ease of access. If we get a 2B Mii, I think she'd just be a regular Mii.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'll be Honest

If we only get 1 Mii Costume in the Presentation, I have a Feeling (and I'm sorry for saying this) that it would be Geno, and they are gonna try to treat him as a an Extra Playable Character (Premium Outfit, Alt Colors, 2 Music Tracks)

I see the possibility of Chocobo being cut if there's only 1 Costume. Of course I also only see Chocobo being the Costume as well, as well as other potentials

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The ****storm isn't gonna be coming from the Geno thread at least. Because if the Geno costume isn't in this pack, they're going to assume that means Geno is going to be one of the remaining characters.
I mean I'm not a Geno supporter but if his costume doesn't show up during the presentation I'd also think he might be playable at some point. Or that his costume will return with another SE character, but that would probably mean we would get a third Pass.

I don't see Sakurai skipping Geno, when he already managed to get a costume for him in Smash 4 and added him as a Spirit in base game. If he's not going to be playable, and Pass 2 is the end of Ultimate in terms of new characters and all, he should appear today. If he doesn't show up, and assuming Square costumes only come with Square characters, that might be a good sign for a third Pass. Because I don't see a company double dipping in the same Pass.

Chocobo costume is now a full bodysuit and comes with Crazy Chocobo as a track
I'd gladly accept this outcome.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing with Geno potentially missing is that we've kind of gone through this song and dance before. Heihachi's costume wasn't shown until Min Min despite Terry being much more fitting, especially with how SNK's actually gotten a crossover with Tekken. If Geno's missing for some reason, it may end up being the same situation

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think they might be releasing the dlc today since the presentation is later that usual like the banjo one
All the Character Presentations that happened in the Afternoon either had the Character release Immediately or the next Day after

Also, Byleth, Min-Min, and Steve were revealed either in their Same Character Presentation, or Very Shortly before (in Steve's Case). Sephiroth has been known for a Week now, So I think there's more adding to him being released today or Tomorrow

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
This whole thing about Sephiroth coming with only one Mii Costume struck me as strange, so I decided to investigate. Turns out there's a way for him to come out with 3 Mii Costumes later today. Let me explain.

While it is true that Version Update messages are numbered in the website, right now we're assuming that the Version 9.0.1. and 9.0.2 "Coming soon" messages are between items 2104-2109, but that's not necessarily the case. In fact, it's possible that these two can be placed after the "Exclusive offer for Nintendo Switch Online members" message that's currently labeled as 2110. There's actual precedent for this:

Version 2.0.2. is labeled as item 2025, but Version 3.0.0. is labeled as 2016.

If what I'm saying is true, then Sephiroth would shadow drop today with 3 Mii Costumes or will be released at a later date with only 2 Mii Costumes.

Of course, maybe I'm completely wrong and he really is releasing today with just 1 Mii Costume, but I just couldn't see that happening, so I wanted to try and explore more possibilities.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Being realistic I could see us only getting two. If you think we're getting just one or none though you're outta yer mind.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Chaotic outcome:

Geno costume is nowhere to be seen today, but he ultimately ends up being saved for Waluigi's pack instead, on the basis of being a Mario character
Chaotic Neutral Outcome:

Geno costume is prominently displayed in Sephiroth's presentation but Sakurai doesn't talk about it and the costume actually isn't available.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
If Geno's costume for some reason doesn't show up today (which I find unlikely) I actually do think him coming with a Mario costume is a very reasonable outcome. Isn't his spirit listed as a Mario universe character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom