• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Big Chungus

Smash announcement when?

I really want one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well today doesn't seem likely for any announcement. Glad I have other things to keep me busy.
Can't believe they're region-locking tweets now. NoE doesn't have that one.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I have a theory.

The more days without Smash news, the crazier people become.
Probably the most legit theory which I read around here.
Anyway, it's a bit boring this time, the window with Pass2 releases seems wider, due to covid or whatever. At least with Min Min they throw us a bone with the guees who game.
There's not even leaks or theories and with the recent shadow-droppings the announcements are hard to predict cause it can happen at any day.
Hope to see the Smash reveals stiil in a live streaming, or anticipated at least.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking this week is gonna be all 3D All Stars:

Would gladly be wrong though.
Man I’ve said this twice now but I keep either being ignored or shut down. We’re not getting a freakin Smash announcement the same week the Mario 3D collection is coming out. Y’all need to get that idea out of your heads ASAP

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Man I’ve said this twice now but I keep either being ignored or shut down. We’re not getting a freakin Smash announcement the same week the Mario 3D collection is coming out. Y’all need to get that idea out of your heads ASAP
They could literally do it as far in as Thursday and there‘ll be little attention drawn away from 3D All-Stars.

Staarih

Smash Master
Did I not just say I think this week is going to be all 3D All Stars?

And did I mention Smash? Sure that's maybe included in "would be glad to be wrong" but I'd take any other Nintendo news as well.

They could literally do it as far in as Thursday and there‘ll be little attention drawn away from 3D All-Stars.
That’s just a bunch of hopeful thinking BS. They’re not gonna do that. I get it, I’m dying for a Smash announcement too, but holy crap y’all need to stop being so unrealistic.

Last edited:
Did I not just say I think this week is going to be all 3D All Stars?

And did I mention Smash? Sure that's maybe included in "would be glad to be wrong" but I'd take any other Nintendo news as well.
I was agreeing with you. The point I was making is I’ve been saying that for a while now but nobody wants to accept it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s just a bunch of hopeful dreaming BS. They’re not gonna do that. I get it, I’m dying for a Smash announcement too, but holy crap y’all need to stop being so unrealistic.
Bro

we’re literally desperate, and the lack of transparency on Nintendo’s half doesn’t help

Cut us some slack

Bro

we’re literally desperate, and the lack of transparency on Nintendo’s half doesn’t help

Cut us some slack
Did I not just say I’m desperate too? All I’m saying, sit back and chill this week knowing that an announcement ain’t gonna happen the same week a new freaking Mario game is coming out. You’re literally setting yourself up for disappointment

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wonder if we'll get a Smash announcement the same week as Mario 3D allstars? I don't think anyone has thought of that yet.

You know, I'd be more willing to accept this "Nintendo wants 3D All-Star to have the spotlight" reasoning if they didn't announce Age of Calamity last week, making it their pinned Tweet on Twitter and everything.
That wasn’t interfering with anything releasing that week though? There were no major releases that week. I keep seeing this argument and I don’t understand the logic

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't think an announcement this week is that likely, but I don't see why it's impossible either. It's not like suddenly if there's a Smash announcement every Nintendo fans will forgot that Mario 3d all stars exist or will say "Oh no, a new character for Smash is coming, guess I'm not buying that Mario collection!".

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You know, I'd be more willing to accept this "Nintendo wants 3D All-Star to have the spotlight" reasoning if they didn't announce Age of Calamity last week, making it their pinned Tweet on Twitter and everything.
That was the announcement of a new Zelda game and 3D All-Stars wasn't launching last week. It's launching this week and there's a date for a HW stream, so I don't know where a Sakurai Presents fits in that. There's always the chance we could get something the week of the 28th, but I dunno, it just doesn't seem super likely to me.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If the MH rumor is true then its going to have be revealed relatively soon, especially given Capcom's big spotlight at TGS. Absolutely nothing this week other than 3D Mario All Stars hype I can buy (though we won't know for sure until roughly Thursday).

But a Partner Showcase next week with MH Switch as the big headline going right into Tokyo Game Show hardly seems out of the question.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think an announcement this week is that likely, but I don't see why it's impossible either. It's not like suddenly if there's a Smash announcement every Nintendo fans will forgot that Mario 3d all stars exist or will say "Oh no, a new character for Smash is coming, guess I'm not buying that Mario collection!".
So, how often does Nintendo not do other announcements the same week of something else they may focus on?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
idk if y’all seen this yet but... what could this mean??
Nothing for his chances...Can't say I agree with him either. Geno may not be the hardened war hero type, but he's not exactly cutesy either.

EDIT: He's at the very least more reserved than the other characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Any reason in particular this post means anything at all? Who is this?
A few weeks ago he posted a gif set in the Era Smash thread with the trailer opening, Kirby on a warp star, then Kirby overlooking Smithy’s castle. He claimed it was speculation then...

either it’s legit this time, or it’s insiders playing mind games with the Geno fan base as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom